Start by marking “Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)

Shifted Fate

(The Wolves of Forest Grove #1)

Jared Stone is a freaking wolf. And I don’t mean that metaphorically, either…

I thought I had it bad—living in my dead Dad’s old hunting blind in the woods, barely staying alive on apples and ramen…that was before the storm hit and destroyed the only form of shelter I had left.

Enter, Jared. The hottest—and most unavailable—guy at school. Except he wasn’t Jared when he
Published December 26th 2019 by Thorn House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shifted Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifted Fate

Start your review of Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
laura thomas
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great start to kick off a new series from elena. The build up of the characters and storyline in the first book is brilliantly done. It was beautifully way to get sucked into and not put down!!
Really enjoyed reading this and would recommend to anyone who loves this genre
Great job
Debbie Eyre
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is just an awesome read! Well written this is off to a great start with a fantastic storyline that is full of twists and turns, romance & shifters. Through in some great characters and you have yourself a YA paranormal romance that like me you will not be able to put down!
Carla Feliciano Furst
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

This was so good. It wasn’t predictable like most books have become. I could not put this down it was that good.
Natalia Navarro
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!!

OMG this book is totally awesome, action-packaged, amazing FMC, hot as hell wolf shifters and a story line full of twists and turns!!!
That cliffhanger ... I need the next book NOW!!!
SD Jericho
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Allie is a great heroine; she asks questions, she thinks for herself, she's resourceful and she cares about other people. I think she might care about others a bit too much at the expense of herself in some instances, especially in terms of shying away from asking for help and telling people what is happening in her life.
She has been through some incredibly difficult times there are layers of hidden darkness that we have yet to uncover and understand – there is, as with most good heroines, more
Cassy
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something I could see becoming a Netflix series

So I have several thoughts on this book, number one being that it needs a new cover. I am one to judge a book by its cover (the horror I know!) And this cover almost lost me for this book. I am glad however that I powered through because for the authors 2nd (?) Book I think she did exceptionally well! The writing was strong and steady and the characters were all interesting. The reason I think it would be perfect for a Netflix TV series is because,
Dblaze
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Faye
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing start for a new series. I really love Elena Lawson’s world building of Emeris.

In Shifted Fate, our heroine is Allie who was saved by Jared Stone. After her encounter with Jared and Clay she learned that other beings existed besides humanity.

All is not right in Allie. Her hiding her situation from her friends and her relatives and only the two boys, I mean men aware of her situation or is it? Allie has another situation which makes things a bit more complicated for her.

I really
Kristin
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent story! The characters are engaging and complex. There is so much going on and there are a lot of layers that we don't know about yet. Each book I read by this author I fall in love with and this one is no different. Allie is strong and is fighting for a future even when it feels bleak... I think we will find out who else is part of the supernatural community in her life in the next book. There is also something extra about her we haven't discovered and what she thinks she killed her ...more
Nicole
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*All of my reviews are voluntarily written*

I'll be honest, there is more language here than I would typically like. I kept reading because I wanted to know what happened. There are also some tough situations in regards to abuse, so just be warned.

This book opened up so many questions that still need to answered! I love both Jared's and Clay's characters and how different they are. Clay is definitely more mysterious and hidden than Jared. I want to know more about them and Ryland.

I can't wait
Annie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid start

I love that this series is in the same world as the Of Wolves and Witches books, one of my favourite series. With how much I loved those books, this one fell a little flat for me.
Maybe it was the length (kind of short) or the amount of mystery in the plot, but I couldn’t find a foothold they kept me engaged with the fmc and her story.

I’ll definitely continue with the series as I can see the potential for a great sequel with Clay, Jared and the mysterious Alpha.
Crystal Amason
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed my attention from the first page. I couldn't put it down and I couldn't read it fast enough.
The story line takes a detour from your usual shifter books. The characters are brought to life and have very unique personalities and abilities. I feel like Allie has her own secret shes hiding and its going to be epic when its revealed. And the major cliff hanger that leaves your jonesing for the next book.
Fantastic read.
Leanne Stuart
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderful start to a new series. I loved the FMC she was intelligent, intuitive and resilient one of my favourite literary characters! All the characters are unique within themselves personality and characteristics wise which I like and the author does a great job with this. This book had romance, intrigue and suspense and was different from your usual shapeshifter novel and all I can say is that cliffhanger!! Bring on the next!!
Phoenix Book Reviews
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This Book is Awesome!

I absolutely love Allie’s perseverance in this book. From the start she doesn’t let anything stop her even though her past has been a hard one.

When disaster strikes, she ends up getting help from two unlikely guys that turn out to be shifters. Can she trust them? Can they trust her? Their two worlds end up colliding in a way that no one could have ever guessed.

I definitely recommend this book and I can’t wait for book 2! The ending is - WOW!

Katie Egan
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the characters!

Elena Lawson wrote a fantastic novel called Shifter Fate. Allie is amazing. It's refreshing to read a strong female character who is not bitchy and is also vulnerable.The action was great along with the tender moments. Elena's descriptive language made this story a joy to read. This is an excellent start of anew series. I already pre-ordered the second book.
Bella Suarez-Ramirez
The ending!

The storyline was good. It has a nice flow. I felt for Allie. So tragic yet so mysterious as the author gave you peaks of her past but not the full picture. Then there was Jared and Clay.... I wish to have their point on view in the story at times and I hope this doe not end up like a love triangle where she has to choose because I will be so disappointed. It was a great read and look forward to the next book in series.
Krystle Schwer
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice read

First off there are triggers in this book if you don’t like abusive relationships and on how she handles it with everyone around her. I had no problem with this and it made the story more interesting in my opinion. You can see the love interest in this book but it is not a clear if it’s one or two guys until the end. I enjoyed this book and can’t wait till the next comes out.
Chelsea Fonseca
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I ATE THIS BOOK UP!! I love a good shifter romance book and I can’t tell if it will be a reverse harem book, but if it is EVEN BETTER! This book has you flipping the pages wanting to know what is going to happen next, to the point I was almost late to a meeting because I had to read the next chapter. As soon as I got done with this book I quickly went to Facebook so I could find information on the author and keep up with her updates on her books.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Not a bad start to a new series. I like the writing though it does need to be edited. There’s a sentence where the word threw is used but it though be through. Anyways, I did enjoy this book and trying to figure out what was going on. I still don’t think I have enough info yet, but with where it ended I expect more in book 2 to deal with being a shifter and what mates mean.
Tammy Wilford
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous beginning to a new ride through Elenas imaginative world. You are dragged into this shifter world and the twists and turns that we go through in this book have us totally hooked .... once again we are left with a cliffhanger after a major plot twist so we will now be holding our breath while we await the next instalment .
Samantha Shaffer
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steam-rh, kindle
This book is so interesting and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I have a feeling it will be quiet an interesting journey for these characters I can't wait to the character growth I can tell is on the way. I have a feeling Allie has a special destiny ahead of her and I can't wait to see how she concurs it.
Ashley Shvetsova
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So very good!! I loved it. Fantastic twists and turns. I loved that the author made the main character question the men. I didn’t really notice any errors in the book or plot problems. I have lots of questions for the next book, which I cannot wait for. Also I feel this really set the storyline for a great series. Great read!
Rose Brown
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an addictive series!
“Shifted Fate” is a well-written action-packed tale with amazingly well-developed characters and an intensely refreshing storyline that pulls you in and keeps you breathless until the end. This is a good beginning to the series.
I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily
Tammy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allie starts out having it very rough but dealing with it quite well. She is a strong character. Jared and Clay are opposites but both end up having feelings for Allie. If I didn't have company it would have been a one sitting read. Story was very steady paced. It did end wide open for the next book which I will grab up ASAP.
Patricia Johnston
Loved this book

I loved this book and can’t wait to read the next instalment. Allie’s past is hinted at in this book, and hopefully we will learn more about her past in the next book. She runs away from Clay and Jared at the end of this book, but their wolves have claimed her as their mate. Can’t wait to see how this series progresses, I’m hooked
Katie Hoffman
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from this author!!! Story had me from page 1. Freaking amazing!!! Elena Lawson is by far a favorite author of mine. I usually do not read YA but the storyline was really that good. Allie is a great main character. Yes there is a cliffhanger. So hoping book 2 happens soon. Definitely a must read.
Courtney
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Good but...

It’s Fruits Basket with werewolves. The first half of the book felt like blatant plagiarism of Fruits Basket, while the second half was the typical werewolf YA PNR. Since I like both of these things, I enjoyed the book, but feel the author should show more originality. There were also some grammatical errors.
Trinitee Frame
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good start to a new series. The story is very intriguing. The development of the relationship are only beginning. We have lots of questions about our heroine Allie. This is a promising series and I am looking forward to seeing where the author takes the growth and development of the relationships and characters
Ashley Bullock
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Allie is just a girl trying to not be a burden to anyone after her father dies, so she lives in the woods in her fathers hunting blind with no one the wise, or so she thought. A dangerous mudslide changes this when a wolf saves her but no just any wolf. This book is a great start to a new series and I can’t wait to see how things turn out for Allie in book 2
Margaret
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shifted Fate Review

I honestly dont know if I will be able to wait till April for the second book to come out because it was that good! I love shifter books and I cant wait to see were Elena Lawson takes this story :)
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • Found (Thornbriar Academy #1)
  • The Lost Girl (Shifter Academy: United, #2)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Stray (Cats of Felidae Academy, #1)
  • Seraphim Academy 1: Wicked Wings
  • Sacrifice (Her Soulkeepers, #1)
  • The Wolf At My Door (Pack Heat, #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Chased by Darkness (Four Kings Academy #1)
  • Whisper of Spirits (FSID Agents #1)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Hidden Alpha (Werewolf Academy #1)
  • Deadly Game (Academy of the Gods, #3)
  • The Only Essence (The White Dragon Book 1)
  • Hellish Fae (Monsters and Miseries #1)
  • First Howling (The Lycan Academy #1)
  • Second Growl (The Lycan Academy #2)
Elena lives in a small town in Canada with her family. She writes reverse harem fantasy romance stories full of feisty heroines, unforgettable heroes and spellbinding romance. When she comes out of her writing cave, she can be found obsessively rearranging her bookshelves, drinking wine somewhere sunny, or cooking overly fancy meals for her family and friends.

facebook:

The Wolves of Forest Grove (3 books)
  • Shifted Soul (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 2)
  • Shifted Rule (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 3)