Start by marking “Victor (Anarock Shifters Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Victor (Anarock Shifters Book 1)

Victor

(Anarock Shifters #1)

What happens when a beast of a dragon meets his feisty mate?

Riley Strickland didn’t know much about the dragons rising out of the Louisiana Bayou. Very few people knew. She only found out when her jet fighter team got scrambled to shoot those fire-breathing lizards down before they laid waste to New Orleans. The mission doesn’t go according to the plan though, and it’s
Published December 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Victor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victor

Start your review of Victor (Anarock Shifters Book 1)
DENICE
Dec 10, 2019 added it
Shelves: reviewed
FATE HAS A DESTINY FOR EVERYONE

I received this book for free and am giving my honest and voluntary review.

Victor, a genuinely honest and fair man, stands in line to become the next leader of the Prometheus Crest, an order of chemically changed people called the New Breed. He becomes involved with a Navy pilot, Riley Strickland, and saves her life as she becomes New Breed after an encounter with Victor and his New Breed dragons.
Fate mates them although they hate each other, but when the chips
Kelly DeMarco
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to a new shifter world
Victor (Anarock Shifters Book 1) by Romi Hart is a well written introduction to her new paranormal series full of a variety of shifters. While the main focus appears to be dragons, Romi has created a complete community of amazing and diverse beings.
Victor is an absolute alpha and in line to inherit the role of leader. Riley is extremely smart, resourceful and a force to be reckoned with. Once these two get passed their self-inflicted antagonism, their bond becomes
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a decent book. I'm not really into shifter books but I do enjoy this author. Riley is in the military and she is taking part in taking out the dragons. Which have been taking over. However, it isn't until she crashes that she finds out this whole thing is lot more complicated than she thought. Especially, after she meets Victor. Needless to say, he turns her world upside down.
Shelly Wolf
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a start to this New Breed Series by the talented Romi Hart ,,,,,

"Pocahontas" calls Barksdale Air Force in Shreveport, Louisiana home ,,,, Lieutenant Riley Strickland is a fighter pilot that is flying formation with "Rover", "Pineapple", "Lancelot" and finally their c/o Major Dickerson are flying formation over the Biloxi State Wildlife Management, they were made to sign a non-disclosure form from Rover- the team leader from the Navy,,,, they find what they are looking for, or maybe what
Kentucky Bohemian (Grace)
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans
Interesting New Shifter World
I like the premise of this story quite a bit, and the tension between Navy pilot Riley and dragon shifter Victor is absolutely palpable whether they're fighting with each other or giving in to their fates. They're both intelligent, brave, and stubborn as mules. But they sure come from different worlds.

The pace was great, and kept me going to see what could possibly happen next with this crazy bunch of creatures and the military men/women they fought. The only thing I
Linda Reads
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Steamy, tumultuous, dangerous, explosive and that’s just their relationship :-)
This is the first of at least three paranormal stories which take place in Anarock, a hideaway for New Breed shifters who have been turned by contaminated water. The only problem I had with this story was that it made our military the bad guys. I would have felt better if Ms. Hart had mercenaries be the army of bad guys. After all our military takes orders, not commits crimes just because…
Riley Strickland is a Navy
Kaye
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE OUTSTANDING ADVENTURE!!!
Raging! Romi blows through like a thief in the night, blazing a path so luscious and thrilling, running rampant, riding roughshod with such unbridled gusto, mixing it up and propelling this little gem to life beautifully. Seizing the moment, traversing the trials and tribulations, revving up a bounty of plot twists and sleek turns, fusing this baby together flawlessly. Delivering deliciously enticing scenario's that punch dead center with such exuberance and style,
Debbie Caswell
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series by this very talented I believe this is her first paranormal series and let me tell you sh has knocked it out of the park She has populated her world with a large variety of paranormal creatures all with their own problems

Victor is a total alpha he is destined to be the leader of the dragons in his area and let me tell you he is having problems keeping them all under control Then he saves Pilot Riley Strickland when her fighter jet is shot down by a dragon
The Mysterious Reader
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just had a total binge-fest (yes, including an all-nighter; my sweetie is very annoyed with me) reading Victor, Bryce and Elliot, the first three books of Romi Hart’s Anarock Shifters series. I’ve read (lots and lots of) romances by this author which I’ve always enjoyed. It was great seeing her expand into the paranormal, and even better that these books featured dragon shifters, a particular favorite of mine. Gotta day that she did a fantastic job with the world-building and paranormal ...more
Raecharmed
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Riley is a navy jet pilot she is supposed to take the dragons out before anyone outside the military knows about their existence. When her team starts losing Riley ejects from her jet and lands in the toxic stuff and tries to get out of it. But the dragons find her before she can get free and take her back to where they came from because she is changing from what she was into something else. What will Riley do now that she isn't normal anymore? What will this mean for her and Victor?

This is a
Debra Floyd
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Victor and Riley’s story is interesting. Riley is a military pilot and is supposed to get rid of the shifters. Her plane gets shot down and she ejects and goes into the bayou.

Victor saves her. His clan is against it. Riley doesn’t understand what the water she drank in the bayou has done to her. She has now become a shifter herself.

Can Riley learn to live like them? Will she find love with Victor? Will she help destroy them all or help save them? You will have to read to find out.

I gave this a
Korkoi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Falling For Family Love:
By Korkoi -

Wow! That was a really intense and thrilling story, that kept me hesitant of where the story was taking me, but I still wanted more intrigue and just couldn’t stop reading. The chemistry between Victor and Riley was like a thunder strike coursing though a human body and mesmerised me. The way they fought like cat and dogs, but still couldn’t keep their hands off each other, should have given them a hint of what was in store for their future. This book should
Jennifer Soppe
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not set this one down

Riley, an Air Force fighter pilot, encounters Victor, a dragon mutant, in a Louisiana swamp. As the story progresses unexpected changes occur, a choice has to be made, and living with the consequences could be dangerous. Romi Hart’s foray into the paranormal could not get much better. There are relatable characters, realistic and easily envisioned settings, and the action she sets throughout the book is quite the ride and I could not set this one down.

I received a
Brenda Moser
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong characters and an interesting and adventurous story line. The author does a great job bringing the story to life with her descriptive scenes and pulls you in with an action packed story filled with twists and turns and had me glued to the pages reading. It's the first book in the series and has me looking forward to what comes next.

Margaret McGovern
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent and unique paranormal romance. I’m not use to reading such paranormal stories by Ms. Hart. There were times I felt the story dragging but it took time for Victor and Riley to come to understand their connection. At first I didn’t like Victor but over time learned why he felt the way he did. I received a complementary copy of this book and chose to write a review. I look forward to reading future books by Ms. Hart.
Nanadeb
Dec 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
They hated each other through the whole book!

This was awful! They literally hated each other through this whole story! And they weren't shy about shouting it out to each other in front of anyone. I like sex in my romances but the descriptions during the scenes were so crude- her sauce, his tool, the 'c' word, and it got worse! And there was crazy plot mentions. Supposedly, it all happened because of a toxic leak but then at one point it says something about it going on for a hundred years!
Justine
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The main female character is Riley, a pilot for the army. Her life completely changes after an accident and she meets Victor, a dragon shifter, and other mutants. The whole story is an adventure and a journey for Riley who has to adapt to this new life and make some hard choices. Her relationship with Victor is explosive and draws us in. Great characters, great story.
ARC review for honest review.
Debra Faccio
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

This was a thrilling story, my only problem was some of the wording. It made me think either a teen or an elder person wrote it. Example : stick, prick, package we all no what it refers to. Everyone I read that it through me off there were other words to but that is a bit childish.

Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They have a love hate relationship going on. She's a pilot and he's a dragon. This action packed story draws you in. Riley was suppose to bring Victor down but ends up along side the dragons. As their time together lengthens, so does their feelings. Will there be a happily ever after for these two? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Karen
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This well-written PNR is entertaining with vivid descriptions, good characters with definition. There are choices, consequences and living with the results. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Christine
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review. Awesome story of when( pocahontas) Riley Strickland gets her orders from barksdale air force base outside Louisiana that over the wildlife management area to take down the dragons she never thought she become one and find out why.
Tammy
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series. Riley is an Air Force pilot and when she is sent out to shoot down the dragons, she is shot down instead and saved by Victor. Can two enemies work together to save the world? Fast-paced read with great characters and lots of drama. I liked it.
Candy Edwards
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! It's the first book I've read by Romi Hart but it's not the last! This was also my first shifter romance. It was very eventful! Riley Strickland and Victor Griffin had super HOT chemistry! I highly recommend this book!
Jacqueline Ellison
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great start to the Anarock Shifters series. Victor is an alpha dragon shifter. Riley is a female jet pilot who was sent with a team to take out the dragons. This has amazing characters and the storyline was entertaining. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Natasha Ybarra
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first shifter book I have read and I must admit I couldn't put it down. I had to keep reading to find out what would happen next! great book!
Gaynor Jones
Free fall

Victor and Riley not only battle in the skies but there is a battle for their hearts and futures ahead. A hot, sexy shifter story with action and adventure!!
Bev
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book. Dragons taking on fighter jets. Humans taking on dragons. A female fighter pilot has to eject? What happens next. Great story.
Robyn Grubb
rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2019
Julie Spiegler
Jan 06, 2020
Peggy Gjoen
Dec 22, 2019

• Ice Dragon's Caress (High House Draconis Book 3)
  • Claimed by the Dragon King (High House Draconis Book 5)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
  • Single Dad's Fake Marriage
  • Accidental Shield
  • Wrecked (South Side Boys, #3)
  • Daddy's Holiday Babye (The Boyfriend Diaries, #5)
  • Single Daddy To Go (To Go #5)
  • The Christmas Toy - A Holiday Reverse Harem Romance
  • Mountain Man and Mistletoe
  • Earth Dragon's Kiss (High House Draconis Book 4)
  • Famously His Baby: A Billionaire Boss Secret Romance
  • A Cold Night with Hot Santa: The Story of Mrs. Claus
  • My Ex's Little Sister (Alphalicious Billionaires)
  • Steal Her Heart (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #1)
  • Daddy's Love Child (The Boyfriend Diaries, #6)
Romi writes steamy contemporary and paranormal romance with hot alpha bad boys with good hearts for their strong heroines. You'll love her if you like reading books with hot passionate love and HEAs.

Sign up for her VIP newsletter below to get exclusive bonuses, free books, ARC opportunities, new releases and an exclusive hot bad boy romance book for FREE:

Anarock Shifters (3 books)
  • Bryce (Anarock Shifters Book 2)
  • Elliot (Anarock Shifters Book 3)