Start by marking “The Lost Boy (The Impossible Boy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Boy (The Impossible Boy #2)

The Lost Boy

(The Impossible Boy #2)

Five years after his band Ares shot to success, Ben Easton is struggling. He’s holed up in a mansion in Los Angeles while he fights depression and a dark drug addiction that threatens to destroy everything. In a final attempt to save Ben’s life, his best friend Tone does something desperate—he calls Ben’s ex-boyfriend Stan and begs him to help.

Stan Novikov is living in New
ebook, 1
Published January 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Boy

Start your review of The Lost Boy (The Impossible Boy #2)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This is a story about redemption, salvation and finding home.

Ben and Stan had found a home in each other but life happened and it slipped away. Now, five years later Ben is mired in an addiction that's on the verge of killing him when Tone intervenes and brings them back together. Good ole Tone.

The blurb is pretty straightforward and the narrative is as well, so I'll refrain from summarizing. Suffice to say, it's brimming with the same unfussy writing and unambiguous dialogue that enchanted me i
Ele
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I understand that a lot of readers get mad when an author messes with the HEA. Personally, I'm delighted when this happens. As long as the characters keep ending back together, bring me all the established couple relationship angst you can.

The Lost Boy was an unexpected, gorgeous sequel to The Impossible Boy. It's definitely the good old Anna Martin I 've missed so much.

P.S. Does not stand alone.
Snjez
Jan 27, 2020 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 41%

Nothing seems to be working for me here: the writing, the story, the pacing, the relationship, Ben feels like a completely different character. After reading the blurb I expected to find a good reason for everything that has happened to him, but I'm not buying it at all.

One of the things I loved about The Impossible Boy was how pure that story was. And I would like to keep it that way. If I wanted to read about issues that this book is dealing with, I'd pick something else. And I reall
.Lili.

-Addiction

-Angst

-Redemption

-Hope

This book could've easily been dark and depressing, but instead was full of hope.

4.5 Stars. I loved it.

P.S. Don't read this book before reading The Impossible Boy first.

Chris
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful ❤️ from the pain & angst for both Stan and Ben in both books, comes forgiveness, peace and salvation. You must read the books in order to appreciate the journey and understand the characters. I really loved this. So well written- I was fully invested
Serena Yates
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2020
‘The Lost Boy’ is an excellent title for this compelling and deeply emotional second-chance-at-love story about a rock band, including a fight against addiction by one of its members. All the different types of rocker stereotypes are there, and their issues – pressure to succeed, finish the next album, rabid fans, press attention and public scrutiny, party all the time, and drugs – are pretty much exactly as you’d expect. But the personal relationship between Ben (the addicted band member who co ...more
Sunne
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I admit - I've been shocked when I started reading to realize that Stan and Ben had broken up. I mean - here I was, remembering them as a couple, Stan expressing himself as he wanted to be, Ben and the band on the way up. Everything was fine.
And then I started reading this book and got thrown into cold water. The couple broken up, Ben addicted and a mess, Stan so..conformed...But seriously, I got pulled in immediately. The book is gripping, you suffer with them and you cheer with them. I couldn'
Poplora
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first was good, this one blew it all away.
Pjm12
Loved that we arrived without knowing Stan and Ben weren't a thing anymore, and that we had to wait to find out more about that breakup.

Hated seeing Ben in such a state, but silver lining, Stan was in such a good place. Lucky coz now he can support Ben through his own despair.

It takes ages to set this pair right, and it's worth taking this well developed journey. It's all about family, and how we need to care for each other.

(also drugs are bad)

Very intense in some places. so maybe seek out TWs.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

The Lost Boy is a direct sequel to Anna Martin’s novel, The Impossible Boy, and these books must read in order. I have to admit, I’m a bit conflicted over my review of this one. On the one hand, I love Stan and Ben and it was wonderful to see more of their lives. On the other hand, The Lost Boy felt stodgier and less defined than its predecessor and it was harder to connect with the story and it’s characters this time around.

When The Lost Boy starts, five years have
Mercedes
DNF been trying to finish this book for like a week. I quit.
Gabbi Grey
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From Impossible to Lost to Healed (an audio review)

In Book one of the Impossible Boy series, Stan was the one who suffered. Oh, Ben had his issues to be sure – the teddy bear was all the proof you needed of that. But Stan was the one who was dealing with anorexia. Who needed tending. Who appeared healthier with Ben’s love. Now, them being together didn’t solve all their problems – books that wrap things up so nicely don’t always feel as authentic as those who leave a few things hanging. The impl
Lakerkat
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Tammi De Lima
Hi. The rating shows a 3 star for me but actually its a 3.5. I liked this story, I really did, I just didn't love it. I read the first book as well, and it didn't disappoint me too much that the HFN ending in the first book obviously didn't last. Stan and Ben worked hard at getting their relationship back on track and I think it was pretty realistic but I just didn't get the love and the chemistry. They seemed more like a comfortable pair of shoes. There was practically no sex and after 5 years ...more
Bo Rivers
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stan and Ben... Two beautiful, broken boys who love and help each other in ways that no one else can.

I read the first book, The Impossible Boy, years ago and I absolutely fell in love with Stan’s character. He’s such a beautiful, broken boy in the first book and to watch how he falls in love with the sweet, protective Ben is both heartbreaking and magical. Then in this second book, The Impossible Boy, we get to see a completely different side to these two characters; suddenly, we’re looking at
Elin
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Set to five years after the first book, and almost four years after their break up, we meet Ben and Stan again under completely different circumstances.
Stan have made a name for himself and have become more comfortable with himself, though lost some of his sparkle. But he's grown up and ready to save Ben as Ben saved him once.
While Ben have lost himself completely under the stress of fame he didn't want, pressure he couldn't handle and demons that still haunts him.
The honesty of Ben's addiction
Lisa
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully written book.

You will need to read The Impossible Boy before reading this book as it's a continuation of Stan and Ben's story.

The first book focused more on Stan and his demons whilst this book focuses on Ben and his difficulties in dealing with fame when the band Ares becomes a success.

After the band becomes famous and after losing Stan 5 years earlier Ben is an addict and is at the point of no return when in desperation Tone contacts Stan out of the blue to ask for help.

When St
Lissel
Jan 28, 2021 added it
Shelves: contemporary
I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this book, therefore I don’t know how to rate it.

I really loved The Impossible Boy and was expecting to like this one as much, unfortunately I really didn’t. To be fair, I tend to dislike books where one of the MCs is a drug addict, with the exception of “Vespertine”, one of my all time favourite books. But here Ben just seems like a complete different person, and I get it, drugs do that to people, but I couldn’t deal with the change.

Ben’s bandmates were ne
Ana  Nimity
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant ♡

At first I was nervous about the premise of this sequel. Who wants to read that the HEA you just finished didn't last? But I was involved with the characters, invested in their lives and gave it a chance. I am so glad I did.
It's a love story, a romance with barge loads of hurt-comfort, so if you're looking for high heat, look elsewhere. If you are allergic to angst, scroll on by. But if you love broken characters who claw and scratch their way to happiness, you have struck gold. The
Elithanathile
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as 00-mm-horrible-disaster-fail-dnf  ·  review of another edition
If you need to write a book, write a book, but don't fuck around with a pair of MCs you've previously written about and already gifted an HEA to [from what I've heard from those who've read the first book]!! I mean why ... why do that?!? Why fuck around with an already established couple's HEA and do THAT?!? Why turn the MCs into something ... else?!? I'll read the first book because I own it [and have for a while now; I just haven't cracked it open yet], but I'll be reading it with a different ...more
Michele
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For some reason, this follow up to The Impossible Boy took me longer than usual to read. That is in no way meant to imply that it wasn’t fantastic. It was! I was a little concerned that after loving the first book so much, and then reading the blurb for book two, all I could think was “What did Anna Martin do to Stan and Ben’s happy-ever-after?” I just didn’t want book two to ruin the story for me. I was happily surprised that The Lost Boy was even better than The Impossible Boy. It’s filled wit ...more
MariF
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked The Impossible Boy but this one is amazing. It's so much deeper and goes to such a dark places in Ben's sole and Stan's insecurities...my mind is blown away.
I like that Ms. Martin did not sugarcoat the addiction or that the only way out of it is for the addict to be willing to get help. Otherwise, all your efforts are in vain.
Nothing is easy, even with love to pave the way, so everything is a stumble in the dark until both partners are ready to pick up the pieces and support in the piv
Heather
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I admit, I didn't want to read this book- I *loved* The Impossible Boy and when I read the the summary for The Lost Boy I was so upset. The thought of things going so wrong between Ben and Stan broke my heart and I honestly didn't know if I wanted to read this. I was worried it would be depressing and dark - but it wasn't. It *was* real and messy and sad - but it was also hopeful and sweet and great story about reclaiming your life.

I'm so glad I read this book!
Remi Mevertis-Karim
A Really Great Follow Up and a Wonderful Conclusion

I loved the first book, as it's rare for me as an androgynous gay man to find many stories about such relationships. As such, I was really glad to read this book and look more into the continuation of Stan and Ben's relationship. The ending was satisfying, especially after everything they struggled through. Ultimately, I'm just really happy to have come across this series
Tanya
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Stan and Ben!

I cannot even begin to say how excited I was to know there was another book in this series. I’m a huge fan of books that show the struggles after a previous HEA. The connection between Stan and Ben was beautiful and watching them fall in love all over again made my heart happy. Anna Martin is a wonderful author!
SaasideA
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was happily surprised to discover the release of this follow-up to Ben and Stan’s story. 'The impossible boy' is one of my favorite books, and a story I think about often.
I don't want to spoil anything - So I will just say that this book made Ben and Stan's story feel even more realistic to me...it is the follow-up I didn't know I needed or wanted <3
Lieve
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this sequel to the Impossible Boy was the best book of the two. Not just because you'll find out what happens 5 years later but also the way it was written and the progression of the story was played out best. Just loved it ! ...more
M
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
*3.5 stars*
This series is one of my favorites, I like all the characters but felt like some things were missing. Though enjoyed reading it!!
Dawn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful. I absolutely loved it!
Mirah
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*

• Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • The Edge of the World
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Micah
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • To Have It All
  • A Long Way Back (Unfinished Business #2)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Spring Strings
  • Angels in the City
  • Redemption (Darkest Skies, #1)
  • The Sex Coach
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Bossy
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
Anna Martin is from a picturesque seaside village in the south west of England. After spending most of her childhood making up stories, she studied English Literature at university before attempting to turn her hand as a professional writer.

Apart from being physically dependent on her laptop, she is enthusiastic about writing and producing local grassroots theatre (especially at the Edinburgh Frin

The Impossible Boy (2 books)
  • The Impossible Boy (The Impossible Boy #1)