Start by marking “Where the Truth Lies” as Want to Read:
Where the Truth Lies

Where the Truth Lies (Massachusetts Mayhem #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Casey Alexander refuses to believe her aunt committed suicide. Convinced a murderer is hiding out in her aunt’s sleepy hometown, she’ll do anything to uncover the truth. But as her personal investigation produces mounting evidence, the danger to Casey grows. Now she’ll be forced to trust certain residents of Pine Mills for help, including local nursery owner, Luke Kerrigai ...more
Published April 11th 2008 by Heartsong Presents (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Where the Truth Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Truth Lies

Loraine
SUMMARY: Casey Alexander refuses to believe her aunt committed suicide. Convinced a murderer is hiding out in her aunt's sleepy hometown, she'll do anything to uncover the truth. But as her personal investigation produces mounting evidence, the danger to Casey grows. Now she'll be forced to trust certain residents of Pine Mills for help, including local nursery owner Luke Kerrigain -- the man with whom she's falling in love ... and who may be stalking her.

REVIEW: This cozy mystery had several su
Katie
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love to read a good mystery, and Where the Truth Lies is exactly the kind of mystery I enjoy reading. Instantly, I was drawn into the book and wondering, along with Casey, Luke, and Monah, “who dunit”? The plot had several twists and turns along the way and was intricately woven together to make a compelling mystery that left you guessing. Towards the end I knew “who dunit” but had yet to figure out the “where” and “why”. The ending is always the most fun to read when everything that was perpl ...more
Diana
Nov 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This is rather a simplistic mystery. Casey Alexander's Aunt Lydia has disappeared. Everyone assumes she has committed susicide, but no one has found a body. It also doesn't appear that the local police are very interested in looking for a body. Casey meets Luke, a local hotie, who has befriended by Aunt Lyia for most of his life since his mother died. (How is these heroines come to town, meet the hotie and fall in love in a matter of days?) Aunt Lydia's roses are dying so Luke digs them up to re ...more
Ane Mulligan
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Where the Truth Lies has more twists that a bag of rotini. You won't guess the end of this quirky mystery, and when you get the answer to one clue, it merely opens the door to more secrets. The surprises keep coming right up to the end.

Well written, Ludwig and Mowery have blended their personal styles seamlessly in this fast-paced mystery. I'm looking forward to more from this talented team. Novel Reviews gives Where the Truth Lies a high recommendation.
Connie
Oct 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
I picked this up expecting a cozy mystery, I didn't realize it was a churchy book. I feel like that should be prominently displayed on the cover, not in small print under the bar code.

I had already started the story and was interested to find out why Aunt Liddy had committed suicide or been murdered so I skimmed though it. It was okay.
Joy Gerbode
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a good cozy mystery (although I had several "suspects" it kept me guessing until the end on the details). It also pointed me in the direction of a deeper trust and faith in God, so I especially appreciated that aspect . . . and the romance only helped make it more fun!
Amy Pitts
This was a pretty good book. Old secrets, family scandals, and til the end questions made it right up my alley!
Barbara Campbell
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun cozy mystery.. reviewe here: http://bookaholicconfessions.blogspot...
ChrisGA
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cozy mystery with Christian themes. Casey solves her aunt's disappearance by emulating her favorite mystery book heroine.
Michelle
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wonderful read. Can't wait to read more of this series.
Dianne Sidebottom
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
this book is in the 3rd Collection of Forget Me Not Romance.
Missing body, suspects, evidence all part of mysterious story that twisted n turned as you read on. Who can she trust?
Nan
Brittany Farrell
rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Elizabeth Ludwig is an accomplished speaker and teacher, often attending conferences and seminars where she lectures on editing for fiction writers, crafting effective novel proposals, and conducting successful editor/agent interviews. Book three in her popular EDGE OF FREEDOM series, Tide and Tempest, was recently named a finalist for the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. Elizabeth was also named ...more
More about Elizabeth Ludwig...

Massachusetts Mayhem (3 books)
  • Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)
  • Inn Plain Sight