Start by marking “Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)” as Want to Read:
Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)

Dog Man: Grime and Punishment

(Dog Man #9)

The mayor has had enough of Dog Man's shenanigans in the ninth book from worldwide bestselling author and artist Dav Pilkey.

Dog Man's really done it this time! He hands over his badge and clears out his desk, but while he may be out of a job, he's not yet out of hope. With his friends at his side, can Dog Man dig himself out of this hole and paw his way back onto the force
Published September 1st 2020 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Dog Man, please sign up.

Start your review of Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
BLOBBIEEE
3 Stars

Dog Man: Grime and Punishment, apparently, the 9th book, in the series Dog Man, I read it because I was super bored, and I didn't really like it much.

The plot, was weird, I mean I get it it's children's book, but through every book, the plot get weirder and weirder, the whole concept does, it weird, like a lOT!

The characters, seem to evolve through every book, but seem do the opposite of evolve, I don't know that word for that. I don't get it, like why. Also the villain(s) of the book, a
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Grime and Punishment is full of laughs, tears, slobber, evil plans, and foiled evils plans! And—this is my favorite part—HUGE HEART! Pilkey slips important, heartfelt messages in between all the silliness. Like this one…

“Sometimes all you’ve got left is HATE!
I don’t know, Papa.
Hate has CAUSED a lot of problems in this world…but it hasn’t SOLVED one yet.”

I love that! Li’l Petey is the perfect little guy to talk to kids about loss, love, and forgiveness.

The Dog Man series has become one of my favo
Emily
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Dog Man so much. This one is up there with Lord of the Fleas for my favorite in the series. I laughed out loud. I shared pictures of the pages with my coworkers. I cried at the end.

Listen, I wouldn't be surprised if I was secretly the leader of a Dog Man cult by this point. I will argue with adult patrons about the relative merits of the series. I have put a lot of time and effort into analyzing the books, and I could probably write an entire book-length academic thesis on Why Dog Man is
Quinn
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I'm soooooooo excited when it comes out when does it out plz tell me ...more
Jackson
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i have read all of dav pilkey's books and i love dog man the most! very excited![book:Dog Man: Grime and Punishment ...more
Rick Silva
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the most serious of the Dog Man books so far, with a surprisingly deep examination of loss and forgiveness as the story explores the relationship between Petey and his father.

Of course there's also a giant animated lunchbag destroying the city, a subplot about Dog Man being fired and returning to work in a cat disguise, and all of the usual silliness, but it's the quiet beauty of the ending pages that will stick with me.

The promotional pages at the end suggest that the author is moving o
Djkls
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Prabhjot Kaur
Dog man gets fired by the mayor and Li'l Petey and 80-HD come up with a plan for the dog man to impersonate as a cat man. Meanwhile, Petey's father escapes from the jail again and spreads chaos on the town. Dog man impersonating as the cat man is sent undercover but he is exposed as the dog man and the mayor gets him and all the other cops and Sarah hatoff arrested as dog man's accomplices.

Li'l Petey, 80-HD and Petey help turn the tables and Flippy the fish also makes a cameo as a teaches to th
UHCS4
Mar 14, 2020 is currently reading it
Keep it up
Sandra
Read aloud to D.
Can't wait for the 10th book to be published in March!
Michelle
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dav Pilkey is a gentle genius. His goofy text and sloppy style belie an ability to capture & hold a child's attention and send a meaningful message of strength, love and grace in every book of this series.

There's a teacher at my school who always says "No Dog Man!" to her kids. She's obviously never read his books. I love this series and will continue to "accidentally" give the books to her kids every chance I get.

Thanks, Dav, for bringing themes of redemption, compassion and forgiveness to a
Alexander Alberto
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dog-man
This book is gonna be so so awesome
Kevin
Apr 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
I WANT TO READ ITTTTTTTTTTT
Mari Bianco
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love how Dav Pilkey manages to change up the narrative of every Dog Man with a new and creative addition. Spoiler Alert: This one was after 80-HD made a clay model of what had happened to Dog Man and Chief (because that’s how he thought it would be easiest to explain to Li’l Petey and Petey 😂), then Pilkey changes the illustrative setting to still shots of a stop-motion film, complete with a paper-bag giant, of course. And it’s brilliant! Plus, this one offered one pearl of wisdom f ...more
Aundria Costellow
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's like all the others ...more
Chris Neal
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun
I this this could not better .😁
Laila (BigReadingLife)
Read with my son. Super cute and actually very sweet - made me tear up at the end!
Charlotte
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-jan-21
Read this at my niece’s

- not even that funny
- writing seems written by a six year old (but I guess what can you expect)

The ending was kinda cute though
Pam
Ninth in the series. Readers see a bit more serious sides of some of the characters and the amusing antics continue as well.
Noah Kenny
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
My favorite Dog Man book.
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sooooo, most of these books are silly but with a good moral ending and such. But this book, man this one tackled some crazy hard topics for kids: Death and Forgiveness. The author handles this all in a way that is touch, fun, and wacky. The boys here loved it!
Aleena Ghohestani
Shelves: dogman
how do I read?
Becky
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this series. Once again, the ending got me choked up. It spoke to me and was absolutely beautiful! ...more
Chloe Foulk
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is for parents looking for books for their kids to read so BEWARE there are spoilers:

I was very skeptical about reading Dog Man. What the heck is a Dog Man? Why are my nieces and nephews obsessed with this aggrandized comic book? How could anything associated with Captain Underpants be good??

I have read Dog Man, repented, and now I stand on my soap box to preach to you all of its merits.

It's actually quite cute and had a sweet message. One story line involves Petey and his problems
Jan
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've always enjoyed these Dog Man graphic novels because they're just such silly fun and I also just love Dog Man and Li'l Petey.

This latest one for me was the best yet because it had so much heart, and I never thought I would say this about a Dog Man book, but I teared up a few times. There are some emotional moments between father and son when Petey tells Li'l Petey about why he hates his dad so much. He abandoned him and his mom when she was sick. Li'l Petey tells him, quoting Maya Angelou,
Vivek Vikram Singh
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book because I accidently picked up my 8 year old daughters kindle (who is also on my amazon account). Glad to say I thoroughly enjoyed the book and came away a little impressed by her taste in books.

There is a lot of self-aware silliness which is both funny and endearing, and I was quite pleasently surprised by the depth of the issues this comic chose to deal with - loss, forgiveness, hate and mortality. I mean a children's book ending with a poem about death is surely not your stan
Josephine Sorrell
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Pilkey’s newest instalment of Dog-man is a story and a drawing book. There are step by step instructions for drawing your own characters at the end.

This time Dog Man has been kicked off the force and a mysterious, slightly slobbery cat is the replacement.

Yes he’s really done it this time! He hands over his badge and clears out his desk, but while he may be out of a job, he's not yet out of hope. With his friends at his side, can Dog Man dig himself out of this hole and paw his way back onto th
Camper
Feb 19, 2021 added it
Dog Man Crime and Punishment is a very good book. I really like the underlying thing that love is more powerful than hate. I think that this theme is true in all aspects of life and this book really shows that, even though it is a comic book and doesn´t make much sense.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Guide to Creating Comics in 3-D (Dog Man)
  • Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
  • The Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #15)
  • Rowley Jefferson’s Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
  • The Bad Guys in The One?! (The Bad Guys #12)
  • The Bad Guys in Dawn of the Underlord (The Bad Guys #11)
  • Big Nate: The Gerbil Ate My Homework
  • The Horrifyingly Haunted Hack-A-Ween (The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants TV: Young Graphic Novel)
  • Smile (Smile, #1)
  • A Scare of a Dare (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #1)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Minecraft: Diary of a Minecraft Zombie Book 15: Attack of the Gnomes! (An Unofficial Minecraft Book)
  • The Complete Big Nate: #4 (amp! Comics for Kids)
  • The entity chronicles, book 1: a Minecraft fan fiction novel: The adventure begins
  • George and Harold's Epic Comix Collection Vol. 1 (Epic Tales of Captain Underpants TV)
  • Diary (Berrybrook Middle School, #4)
  • Bone, Vol, 1: Out from Boneville (Bone, #1)
See top shelves…
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

Dog Man (10 books)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Dog Man: Mothering Heights (Dog Man, #10)

News & Interviews