Start by marking “Dance to the Piper (The O'Hurleys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance to the Piper (The O'Hurleys, #2)

Dance to the Piper

(The O'Hurleys #2)

'If you stop dreaming, you stop living'. Though her name is up in lights, Maddy O'Hurley cares nothing for the trappings of stardom. All that matters to her are dancing and how alive she feels when she steps into the broadway stage. Reed Valentine's only passions are wealth and power...The attraction sparking between them like fireworks over central park surprise Reed, Mad ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 251 pages
Published September 23rd 1994 by MIRA (first published July 1988)

Saly
I really enjoyed this book because it was about how opposites attract and the heroine Maddy had this energy inside her that attracted people to her, she was despite her success in Broadway so sweet and down to earth and perfectly balanced the hero who was a cynic. I loved her impulsiveness, how she invited the hero to dinner to her house, her eclectic taste in decorating, everything.

She is an enigma to the hero, who is a cynic and business-minded. It's his company that is financing her new play
Jess
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is definitely a book that I like so much because I read it at an impressionable age. The hero is a little frustrating, but the heroine's willingness to let herself get trampled on is too, and I honestly just call it a wash.

I really wish this musical existed, though. I want to see it.
Melodie
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The second chapter of the O'Hurley triplets is Maddie's story. A true free spirit, she is really a chip of the old block. Her life path has led her to Broadway where she has thrived.
When she bumps into(literally)the financial backer of her current play she is bowled over.And Reed Valentine(gotta love that last name)is intrigued and smitten.
But of course,love has to take the bumpy road. And there are potholes aplenty.Opposites attract, but they aren't guaranteed a happy ending.
As in the Abby
Isabella Kai
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
A story of an optimist and a cynic, a dreamer and a realist. A dance to the love tune of the life piper.

I love Maddy's energy. It's like she never gets tired and while I was reading her I feel like I'm being sucked into a mini-whirlwind and I can't stop myself from twirling. I love the dance theme. I love any story that has to do with dance and Maddy is the perfect dance character for me. She's driven, passionate, talented and most of all she's grounded. I love her warm nature and how she can br
Thenia
Maddy O'Hurley, professional Broadway dancer and the youngest O'Hurley triplet, is preparing for a big starring role, when she accidentally meets Reed Valentine, the straight-laced producer of the show.

Maddy has always been impulsive and finds Reed interesting and so invites him over for dinner. She is endearingly quirky and takes him completely by surprise, charming him despite being far from his type. There are plenty of sparks between them and their differences and reservations are not enough
Rebekah
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
Another Rich boy falls hard for the low/middle class beauty. Sigh* What can I say :)
Megzy
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite one in this series.
Ambrosia Waives
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A dancer falls for the backer of the play she is starring in
Jacob Proffitt
This is the second of the O'Hurley series and first published over 20 years ago. And again, it serves to highlight Roberts' growth since that time. Unfortunately, it's also worse than its predecessor.

Maddy O'Hurley is the dancer of the family. Dance permeates her life, as does an innate optimism and willingness to see the best in people. And it's a good thing she does because Reed is a first-class jerk. The book tries to justify his jerkness by ascribing it to the “betrayal” of his mother when h
Sue
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 (fine.. the family dynamics of triplets is always intriguing not having been one.
Cruth
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1988
Length: 207 pages
Setting: Contemporary. New York and Philadelphia.
Sex: Explicit.
Hero: Money man.
Heroine: Youngest triplet, dancer/musical theatre.
Cheating: (view spoiler)

Maddy is one of those light, slightly crazy characters that makes you smile. You just spend the book happy. Nothing difficult happens except for the standard relationship angst. Fun and easy.

4 stars.

The O’Hurley’s:
Book 1 The Last Honest Woma
Debbie
Oct 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Maddy O'Hurley is a star even if she doesn't act like it. Her name is in lights, she draws crowds to all her performances, but she is always open to more. Reed Valentine just might be that more that she is looking for. He is a no nonsense business man who always has a plan and a contract to fulfil. What he doesn't realize is that the best contract may not be as easy as all that.

Book 2..... This is a fun and light hearted story, the personal interaction between Maddy and Reed are laugh out loud f
Ari
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Maddy and Reed SO MUCH MORE than Abigail and Dylan. Their relationship and chemistry just SPARKED. Everything about them was just fun and bright even during the rough spots. Total dorks about each other, I loved this one.
Liba
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maddy- the youngest triplet. She is in a Broadway play, the lead. Reed is the backer, the "angel".
They meet and are attracted to each other. Name of the book : Maddy's feet love to dance to the piper, meaning dance is very important to her .
Reed was raised by his father ,Edwin, alone since he was five.He doesn't believe in love, romance and
marriage. Reed won't talk about his mother, won't see her.
I liked Edwin, who was betrayed by his wife, but isn't bitter.
Edwin knows Frank and Molly, Maddy's
Michelle
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For years Maddy has followed her dream of dancing on Broadway. Getting the opportunity to star in a new musical is an amazing opportunity and even though she's nervous she knows that she will be able to pull it off. Reed now runs his family recording company and Broadway musicals are not his usual investment but he knows that Maddy is a safe bet. Meeting her in person is nothing like what he expects but everything he didn't realize he was missing. But can the buttoned up business man step away f ...more
Lirisha Tuladhar
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
And this book was all about being frank and open... At times i could find myself being Maddy myself...
her bubbly nature and her grasping energy could keep the audience attracted to her.. through the words even the hardwork .. the entire character came alive...
It was once more the realistic story that showed out the complete lovestory that seemes impossible but when it happens.. it just does.. there is no need to think twice..
The hardships in relationship.. the anger.. the extreme anger.. the pai
Becky
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second book in the O'Hurley series. Maddy is one of the triplets and her passion is dancing and has made a name for herself on stage and Broadway. Reed Valentine has taken over his fathers business and is the CEO of Valentine's Records were they are the shows financial backer. They literally bump into each other and from there on their relationship, (personal and professional) is steamy and bumpy. The characters are fun and vivid and believable. It's a great sexy, romantic, entertaining book. It ...more
Vicki
Maddy O'Hurley happy. Her life was moving along to be enjoyed and work made her happy. What could go wrong? She meets the backer for the new musical she is the star of, Reed Valentine. He is the exact opposite of Maddy. He is successful like Maddy but he is not happy and he doesn't enjoy life like the free-spirit Maddy does and he doesn't believe in love like Maddy so he doesn't give it freely like Maddy. Opposites attract but can love? This was a wonderful book and I loved it.
J.W. Ellis
So I adored Maddy, but yeah Reed never won me over

I get it boo hoo, your momma was a whore and abandoned you, but damn, why be a cold hearted ass who literally f***** up the entire book until the last 4 pages.

I did love seeing his dad and her parents were old friends and his dad was epic anyway. I loved him most.

Good to see Abby and Dylan living the married life, babe on the way and him adopting the boys.
Jacquelyn Neil
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun light hearted romance centered in the theater. Fun short read!
JaneLundin
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
A fast read. Typical Nora Roberts, but I didn’t love the characters in this one.
Brandi Haggard
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
absolutely amazing , I couldn't put it down.
Shawn
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one - loved the theater parts
Maria-Regina Caputo
Onto the next in series.

I loved this book and can't wait to read the next in this series. Just enough romance, drama, etc to keep ones interest.
Cheryl Schibley
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
A friend said she thought I would like this author. She was wrong. Dumb, predictable formula novels.
Irene
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maddy's story was pure romance . Reed had no choice but to see loving Maddy was his salvation and the beginning of happily ever after
Lynne
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Good light read with a very predictable ending.
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The O'Hurleys are a great set of novels.
Barbara
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*. Am enjoyable story and narrator.
Terry Lynn Shroyer
Love the O'Hurleys

I like this series a lot. I can't seem to put them down and end up reading each in a day!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Woman's Touch
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Tempted
  • Double Dare
  • Night of Love
  • Remembering To Breathe
  • The Lost
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Believed Violent
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • The Tempting Mrs. Reilly

The O'Hurleys (4 books)
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)
  • Skin Deep (The O'Hurleys, #3)
  • Without a Trace (The O'Hurleys, #4)