Start by marking “Drop Dead Diva (A Sleuthing Sisters Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Diva (A Sleuthing Sisters Mystery, #2)

Drop Dead Diva

(Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #2)

FREE BRANSON VACATION. . .in exchange for a little elbow grease and moral support!

Jenna Stafford and her sister Carly dust off their cowboy boots, herd the kids into the SUV, and hightail it up to Branson, Missouri to help with the grand opening of a friend’s theatre. To their amazement, the glittering lights and twanging tunes make a perfect backdrop for. . .m
Published August 5th 2008 by Heartsong Presents (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead Diva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead Diva

Victoria Gaile
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
It was ok - more like a 2.5.

I could have done with less relationship angst and "blessing the food" sprinkled over the meals like salt (but only apparently when there was a man present to do it, which was annoying).
Holly
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Jenna! This was another fun book.
Annette
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Let me tell you what I liked.

I liked the fact that there is a spiritual aspect to this story. The entire cast of main characters are Christians who are open about their faith. They refer to faith on a regular basis in their lives.

I liked the fact that the sisters, Jenna and Carly are close to one another and willing to help one another any way they can.

I liked the fact there is humor in the story. Any time an author can include humor in a cozy, that generally
Dharia Scarab
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another book by the author for
Linda Rainey
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another great Christian Cozy Mystery, I really like this book better than book 1 of the Sleuthing Sisters Mysteries.
I loved all the characters, welcoming familiar ones and loving new ones. I am glad Carly survived being nosy.
It was nice learning about Branson and seeing Arkansas again.
Intriguing was using verses from Proverbs as chapter headers, encouraging me to study Provers again.
I look forward to book 3' thank you for an entertaining time.
Angela N
Feb 23, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a fun, light murder mystery book. If you are someone who is semi-interested in the murder mystery genre but isn't looking for a "thriller", this is the series for you. This is actually the 2nd book of the Sleuthing Sisters. I enjoyed the light mystery and the religious insertations. I am more interested in the dark thriller murder mysteries but this was fun.
Lonnie
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I like these mysteries! They're about 2 sisters that live in Arkansas, where I grew up. And, in this second book, they go to Branson, one of my favorite places to visit. (I have great memories of Silver Dollar City and seeing Kenny Roger perform a Christmas show :-)
Marilyn
This was a good cozy mystery. The Christian aspect is not overwhelming and it makes it easier to read. Its a good break away from the hard mysteries I read.
Rebecca
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
the religious aspects were not overwhelming and are part of the characterization. it is more than a few days since I read it, so unfortunately the details are fuzzy.
Hemantkumar Jain
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
The climax seemed like rushed and there wasnt much of 'detecting' happening in the story.
Jkklarson
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute, easy read. It was a free Kindle book from Amazon.com, but it waws a very enjoyable read. I would recommend taking the time to read.
ReadsinBed
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
See my review of Death on a Deadline by the same author.
Maleah
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a little slow at first, but it grabbed eventually. After that it was perfect. The ending will leave you shocked.
Anam Cara
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read this long ago, but hadn't entered in here.
Glenda
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good cozy mystery series - Kindle Unlimited
Catherine Winn
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it as much as the first book in the series.
Mary Holman
Sep 25, 2012
Julie
Aug 31, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Buyer's Remorse (Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery #3)
  • Mucky Streak (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #7)
  • Something Buried, Something Blue (The Mac 'n' Ivy Mysteries, Book #1)
  • Buying Murder  (Regan McHenry Real Estate Mysteries, #3)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • A Hardboiled Murder (Aggie Underhill Mystery, #4)
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Death Tidies Up (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #2)
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
  • Angels Mark (Serena Wilcox Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder in the Milk Case (Trish Cunningham Mystery #1)
  • 'Til Grits Do Us Part (Southern Fried Sushi #3)
  • Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Deceive Her With Desire
  • Elementary, My Dear Watkins (Smart Chick Mysteries #3)
  • Saints Preserve Us
Award-winning author and past president of American Christian Romance Writers, Christine Lynxwiler has numerous novels and novellas published with Barbour Publishing. She and her husband, Kevin, along with their two daughters, four horses, and two dogs live in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains in their home state of Arkansas."

Sleuthing Sisters Mystery (3 books)
  • Death on a Deadline ( Sleuthing Sisters Mystery)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)