Start by marking “Misterios: Magicos Momentos\El Triunfo Del Amor (This Magic Moment / The Right Path)” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  1,823 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
Three riveting classics from the mistress of romantic suspense are now available again: "The Right Path, Search for Love," and "This Magic Moment."
Published by Silhouette (first published 1985)

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
God, it felt like I was reading that forever. I should have flounced the last two books but I wanted to see how the mystery elements would be resolved. (Lamely, if you're asking.) It's a good thing Nora Roberts's stories have improved immensely in the last 20-30 years.

This Magic Moment: I generally liked the characters in this book. Pierce did a couple of things that had me side-eyeing him but he wasn't bad. Ryan's name continually confused me. I just couldn't get used to it being a female nam
rivka
Reprints of books from the 80s are often hit-or-miss propositions. This one was mostly a miss. The first of the 3 was odd but amusing.

The other two featured men who took over, women who let them, and almost-rape-but-it's-not-rape-if-she-is-coerced-to-change-her-mind-partway-through, right? BLEAH!
Julia
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book really wasn't some of her best work. I don't enjoy having three stories in one book, because it all seems rushed. I definitely prefer Nora Roberts' more recent stuff.
Also, why can't the characters admit they are attracted to one another. They don't have to do anything about it, but they keep finding excuses.
This Magic Moment 3 Stars
After a short reading hiatus, this wasn't exactly the best story to start with. Pierce and Ryan annoyed me (even though Ryan is one of my favourite girl's
Corina Bishop
This is the first book I have ever DNF. I just couldn't get attached to any of the character or find interest in the stories. This book was broken up into three small stories. I read the first called "This Magic Moment". I thought it was alright but I had to force myself to finish it. The second story "Search for Love" is probably what made me quite reading. I found that I didn't like the characters at all and didn't want to continue wasting my time on something I was enjoying. I tried the first ...more
Tatiana Lammers
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those who like Nora Roberts' books filled with romance and mystery, this book is a treasure trove since it contains three full length novels. Romance and suspense kept me turning the pages. All so different, yet so good, the novels kept me guessing. The only thing I skipped while reading were the excessive sex scenes.
Maggie Shanley
This was rather lame, assault romance with big, tough, grabby men, and svelte beauties who must be carried through life's difficulties. These stories should have been left in the vault and never reissued, they are most definitely dated and will turn the casual reader off from picking up a romance book every again.
Gillian
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mills and Boon stories.
Karalyn Gibbs
I'm a sucker for romance and even though the situations regarding falling in love with someone after only a few days is nonexistent, I was along for the ride and I loved it. I will say that it did seem rushed at times seeing as how each story was only 200 pages but I still liked them and my favorite was the second story about the long lost grandmother because I like the whole opposites attract element.
Maura
Melissa Addonizio
was not my favorite story by her some of her other were way bateer and seem to have me hooked and more interested in the others
Ginger Mcclintick
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good but have read better books by her.
Jannet
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel consists of three stories: This Magic Moment, Search for Love, and The Right Path. All three stories are considered romance and yes, it was indeed very romantic! I loved it and would read it again.

This Magic Moment is about a woman named Ryan Swan, daughter of the Swan Productions, who couldn't trust others especially Pierce Atkins who was a magician. They did not start out great because Ryan was all business however, Pierce works otherwise. She was even scared of him! But slowly, Rya
Jessi
Mar 14, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Nora Roberts. These didn't age very well and most have very alpha (read here: dominating) males who run roughshod over the females who immediately fall in love. Still, love the author.

This Magic Moment
Ryan Swan has spent her whole life trying to show her father that she is just as good as having a son. She even made herself into the perfect employee in his production company. But she's up against her hardest obstacle yet, Pierce Atkins, a magician they've booked to do a televisio
Cara
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is three separate stories. This Magic Moment was about an illusionist and Ryan Swan who is battling Daddy issues. It was an ok story. 3 out of 5.
The second was Search For Love and was about Serenity Smith, artist and daughter of two people whose decision and actions changed the course of many people's lives. It was good. The chemistry between Serenity and Christophe was palpable. The mystery was better than in the third. So 4 out of 5.
The Right Path was about Morgan James, on vacatio
Maddy
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This Magic Moment - I now know that at least one writer at Arrested Development was a secret Nora Roberts fan. The hero is totally GOB (he even says "illusions, not tricks", which made my day) except you're supposed to take him seriously.

Search for Love - meh

The Right Path - Kind of interesting because my expectation that the hero was totally innocent and in fact an investigator of smugglers (of course assumed by heroine to be a smuggler) was only mostly right. Morally the story makes no sense -
Michelle Rahn
It's what all Nora Roberts love stories are good but forgettable. I love her writing and it gives me the escape that I need. Will I remember this book in a few years? Probably not.

So here's the rundown for my future benefit:

This magic moment - hard headed woman with daddy issues falls for enigmatic magician with a death wish. All works out in the end.

Search for Love - parents die young woman finds out about mysterious past meets love of life in process. Grandma is a great character. All works ou
Kristy
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
J.D. Robb is Nora Roberts' pseudonym for the "____ in Death" series, one of my favorite book series. I thought I'd check out some of her earlier work, writting under her own name. I picked up this book because it contained three short novels, so I thought it would be the quickest read. In hindsight, this probably wasn't the best idea, since the short novels in the "_____ in Death" series are radically different from the full length novels.

In any case, I decided that I don't enjoy the romance ge
Harriet Berg
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy to finally have had the time recently to read this book. I have had it for quite a few years. It was copyrighted in 2003. Mysterious is a collection of previously written and published novels by Nora Roberts. There are 3 books in this collection, each different from each other. Many writers and publishing companies re-release previously published books and this is like that. I enjoyed all three of the stories. The characters are interesting, the plot interesting, and the sets certa ...more
Kassandra
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth time I have read the first book in the pack (This Magic Moment) and the last one(The Right Path) I never really cared for the 2nd book, the first one is okay. I love the way she fell in love with before she kneew about his past and still acceted him as he was for who he was after she knew. The Right Path I love that it takes place in Greece, and the way she twines illegal and legal attributes to the story, having Morgan a completely straight arrow
and falling in love even though
Maria
Reprints of three earlier books, which I was delighted to have, two are set in foreign climes, one in France and one in Greece, the other here in America. I wasn't thrilled with any of them, but mostly because they reflected the times they were written in when women were looking for masterful men. Translated, this means men who don't listen to what women are telling them but go ahead with what they themselves want. In this day and age, this attitude is a little disturbing so I rated the books tw ...more
Mary Runnion
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of 3 really enjoyable stories...I think I liked the first one best "This Magic Moment" about Pierce and illusionist and Ryan an agent working for her father and the battle of wills that ensues...I loved both characters

"Search for Love" shows the battle between kissing cousins...although not true family members these two start out hating each other and later find out that perhaps they understand each other better than they realize.

"The Right Path" Is incredibly fast paced and in
K
Mar 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Mysterious includes 3 novels- 'This Magic Moment', 'Search for Love', and 'The Right Path'. Normally a historical romance fan, I was not sure about stories of romantic suspense. To my suprise, I found the stories very entertaining. I thought the characters and stories were well written; and found myself wanting to finish the stories quickly to see how they would end. In addition to the above, I found myself pleasantly suprised to find these stories still had the romance and charm of historical r ...more
Joanne
Nov 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stories in typical Nora Roberts fashion. In each story, girl meets mysterious guy, falls in love within a day or two and fights feelings while whining about it but not confiding in friends. Each girl allows the leading man to kiss them, etc., losing all sense of control and melting into their arms. It is kind of annoying that these otherwise rational, intelligent women cannot keep control of themselves. This book would have received 2 stars but the last story was more suspensful and intere ...more
N. Brown
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three books in one!

The Magic Moment: Not too in love with the ending...But I love the way that Nora Roberts weaves together her stories and gives her characters sass and character. Ryan's character shows the multi-facets of women and their willingness to please. Pierce is a cocky illusionist that doesnt love easily but when he does its with his whole heart and with an unending commitment. Will these two compromise or will one give more of herself/himself then the other?

Search for Love:
still read
Diane
Oct 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read romance but I got this from a donate pile from my parents and I just finished the book I brought, sooo... yeah. I do not want to read a romance after this one.

The lack of the male characters respecting the female character was astounding. The first wasn't too bad but the other two were jerks and in some instances, what they did was borderline rape. Lack of consent was a major issue and how people find domineering, violent men romantic is beyond me.

I do not understand how s
Hubjeanne
Since I have found Nora Roberts novels very appealing and satisfying I was totally surprised and disappointed with these three short stories. The first was a total waste; the second a bit better and the last was a fairly interesting love story. Not what I expected from this author but I was able to get through the three stories. Hopefully the next novel I choose by her will not be disappointing.
Kaitlin
This Magic Moment: I could not get through this book. But I am not a fan for books that deal with magic

Search For Love: Good but love story but uneventful and not the romance that every girl dreams for

The Right Path: EXCELLENT. It is an easy read that you will not want to but down. I love the fact that it was a mystery as well as a love story.
Judy
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I fought my way through to finish this book! Of the three stories I half way enjoyed the 3rd story. I was disappointed in Ms. Roberts writing and I usually enjoy her writings, even the books she has 3 stories in. After reading this one though I probably will not be reading anymore of her three stories in one book. Thankfully her later books are much better than this one!
Darlene Wilson
THIS MAGIC MOMENT : Ryan Swan meets magician Pirce Atkins - as a producer for his new tv live show. Sparks happen! SEARCH FOR LOVE : Serenity Smith searches for her heritage/roots - meets the arrogant Count de Kergallen - Attraction! THE RIGHT PATH: Morgan James goes to vacation on the Greek Isle of Lesbos - meets neighbour Nicholas Gregoras - the lazy days turn turbulant!
Chrys Fey
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection was one of the first works I read by Nora Roberts. I very much enjoyed all of the stories, but This Magic Moment was my favorite. I couldn't get enough of the mysteriously sexy Pierce Atkins.

Individually, I'd give This Magic Moment 5 Stars, Search for Love 3 Stars, and The Right Path 4 Stars.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Celebrity Bride
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • Dead of Night (In Death, #24.5)
  • Denting the Bosch: A Novel of Marriage, Friendship, and Expensive Household Appliances
  • Chocolate Roses
  • Everlasting Love
  • Under the Mistletoe (Spencer-Nyle Co, #2.5)
  • Enchanted
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • Summer Sanctuary
  • Six gothic tales
  • Navy Brides (Navy #1-3)
  • Flaherty's Crossing
  • Late Bloomer
  • Lord of Seduction (Paradise, #2)
  • After I Do
More about Nora Roberts...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Governess of Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
“Were you in love with him?'
'No, I was used to him.”
4 likes
“It's me. I always expect too much. I'm always floored when I don't get it.” 3 likes