Start by marking “Arson's Captive” as Want to Read:
Arson's Captive

Arson's Captive

Once upon a time she became mine.
Mine to keep.

She was a healer.
He was a serial killer.

She helped people.
He destroyed them.

She was a beautiful angel.
He was a vicious monster.

She wanted to run away.
He captured her instead.

She promised to never surrender.
He guaranteed that she would.

Published January 24th 2020

Start your review of Arson's Captive
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_Arson_Teaser7(1)

This is one I have been really looking forward to for quite a while, from the very first encounter I have been fascinated with Arson and just how he ticks and the small teasers we have been given from previous books in this series have only whetted my appetite more.
Impression wise Arson for me is definitely one of the worst serial killers we have been introduced too to-date.
He had an almost cold, empty blankness to him not really surprising considering his background and what we later learn he h
Coco.V
Jul 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a dark, gritty, electrifying read filled with high-stakes action, well-developed characters and a fully fleshed out plot. Holy Hotness! Callista and Arson's chemistry was on fire🔥...
Overall rating: 4.5 stars!

She is the light in my darkness, the only thing brightening up my world with her smile alone. She is the gasoline to my fire, the angel to my demon reigning inside me and the calm during my life that is nothing but an endless storm.
Julia
This book did not make any sense at all. THe main characters thoughts are so full of contradictions it makes my head hurt. And then the random time jumps and appearing in places where you thought they were running away from? Just super confusing and had no flow what so ever. Main issue is the hero.
1 minute he wants to protect the h then the next he wants to use her as bait. Then he keeps her captive for 3 months and burns a guy alive in front of her but gets mad of the thought of people in her
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a huge fan of V.F. Mason's serial killer series. Her stories are always engaging, addicting and full of heat. I absolutely love antiheroes and her stories have them and then some. I have been OBSESSED with Arson for the longest time. I could not wait to read this enigmatic killer and see the woman who brought him to his knees. I loved him and Callista. It was a storyline that was so different and compelling.

This story was so so fantastic! I love passion between them and the mystery
BG

A beautifully written tale of two broken people who fall in love while embracing each other's flaws.
It is an extremely dark book with graphic scenes but those scenes relay the past of Arson and what he suffered and how he became like this. They are exceedingly hard to read and made me bawl my eyes out.
Arson is a person who has many scars and burdens which have made him a completely twisted character but when he meets Callista by chance. She invokes powerful emotions in him which he thought wer
Kelly_Reads_Books
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Arson's captive a very good story!
Callista/Chloe is a young lady at the start of this book, whose life is difficult to say the least. Her mom decides to take them somewhere safe, away from her abusive husband. And they end up in "heaven".
Arson/Artem has not had a great life either. It was quite horrible in most peoples standards and he was finally helped to channel his anger in a better way.
This story developed slowly and painstakingly, sometimes a little too slow, but the second half of the boo
Sheena ☆ Book Sheenanigans

“Arson’s Captive” has all the typical elements V.F Mason is known for: dark and twisted romance with lethal serial killers.

The story starts off with the lead heroine ‘Chloe’, who is making an attempt to escape a cult before running into the savage beast whose eyes only burn for her, and before you know it, a whirlwind tale ensues with many twists, turns, and of course, instant swoon worthy romance. And as much as it pains me to say, I wasn’t a big fan of this read. The killjoy: C
Julie
At last Arson’s story and we have an addictive dark romance with all his sick, twisted action. The story from start to finish just captured me. It’s told in back and forth flashbacks between Arson and Callista explaining their lives, it was especially interesting to learn more about Arson and why he became the person he is.
A terrific read, and extremely dark. I enjoyed it immensely!
Kendall {Book Crazy}
I recently read my first book from this author and I loved it a lot, so I couldn't wait to read more from her! I checked out her other books and this one sounded intriguing, so I grabbed a copy and made it my next read! After reading this book, I can say that I really enjoyed it! The plot did take me a few chapters to get into, but I then found myself reading a few more chapters every chance I had and then I didn't want to put it down until I had finished it! The plot developed at the perfect pa ...more
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
4.5 / 5 stars This book is dark. It is twisted. It is gritty. It is also a remarkable, heart stopping read. If you have read this author’s other works, then you are well aware that she has this amazing ability to make you fall for her serial killer characters. If this is your first book by this author, be prepared to walk on the shocking dark side in this standalone romance.

Told from a dual POV, we discover Arson’s past and just how fire became his favorite weapon of torture. Arson is intimidat
Joyffree
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
"What a beautiful lie. We don't try to protect those we love. We try to protect ourselves from the inevitable pain"

Oh, Arson you blind fool.
Arson is doing what he does best, causing chaos. When what suddenly appears? An angel, and Arson, well, being Arson isn't about to turn his back on such a beautiful gift.

"Once upon a time, an angel fell to hell where a devil found her"
Callista has lived her own version of hell on earth. Even when she was ensconced within "heavens" gates she was not safe fro
Wikki Stephens
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, dark-romance
April Symes
Arson's Captive by V.F. Mason is totally amazing!! It is complex, dark, raw, heart stopping, heartbreaking, emotional, intense, twisted, totally exciting and full of feels. Arson and Callista aka Chloe have a story that will take you through a deeply complicated rollercoaster ride. Their lives weren't sunshine and roses. They both had pretty horrible young lives. He became a serial killer while she became a healer. Theirs is a gritty, gripping love story. Full of action packed, dark, twists and ...more
Cherry Lips
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since beginning of this psycho romance series, Arson quite mistery that eagerly I want to reveal, what story behind his obsession to fire. And as always VF Mason never fail me on this one also, its kind of a different kind of stockholm sydrome. Only the psycho one that prefer kidnapping than dating as prelude of relationship.
In all this series, the alphas are victim of hideous ring of human traficking while the heroines are innocence creature in someone but not without pain nor misery during upb
Trish
Jul 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dana
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I wanted and needed it to be and more!!!!! I have loved Arson ever since he made an appearance in Lachlan’s book. I was so scared of disappointment 😂 The waiting was totally worth it. I also loved Callista. She was exactly what Arson’s heart needed to heal. She was strong enough to deal with his crazy, while also soft enough to heal it. I loved them together so much!!
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SIZZLING ARSON STARS!! I want to be Arson's captive....I fell in love with this character. Arson and Chloe story is dark and hits on tough subjects, but so worth the read. My heart was pulled in every direction, with lots of twists and turns through this book. V.F. Mason has quickly become one of my favorite authors with her phenomenal writing skills...Give me more. If you love dark....download this book. ...more
Yoneidis
“Serial killers. We are dangerous creatures lurking in the night, seeking flesh and pain from those who have the misfortune of meeting us. And among them all, I’m the worst kind, because I don’t have a conscience or a set pattern. I’m just driven by the constant desire to kill.”

Arson’s book finally arrives. We have been able to read a little about this character through the other books in this series and we already knew about his fascination with 🔥, but we didn’t know why, until now.
The book mi
Renee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Once upon a time she became mine. Mine to keep. She was a healer. He was a serial killer. She helped people. He destroyed them. She was a beautiful angel. He was a vicious monster. She wanted to run away. He captured her instead. She promised to never surrender. He guaranteed that she would. Two lives, the hunter and the prey, forever entwined together. In this battle of wills there would be no winner
Meghana Sarathy
I have always been a huge fan of VF Mason's books and I especially looked forward to reading Arson's story after reading Lachlan's prey. I ahd always found arson intriguing, especially his whole obsession with fire that seemed to gel so well with his personality. And I was super excited when I finally got the ARC of this book. And I must say - It definitely didn't disappoint.
It was everything I thought it would be and though it was definitely satisfactory in that sense, it also made it 'predict
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
I started my journey through V.F. Mason's serial killers with Madman, have since gone through all of them (that are written, anyway) and I was really looking forward to Arson's story.  He has been a compelling character to me and I was dying to find out who is "victim" would be and how his downfall into love would play out.  With Arson's Captive, I have my answers and I was not disappointed one bit.

Arson (Artem for those who have read the stories prior to this one) is as diabolical and complicat
Karen
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some monsters are born, and some are made. Not all monsters are bad though.

Another awesome book by V F Mason that had me wanting so much more. I loved the pace, characters, and story of this book.

Arson is a man who keeps to himself and has a small circle of people in his life. He doesn’t consider them friends or family, but people he knows he can count on if needed. He has very few attachments in his life until he finds a fallen angel that he wants to keep captive and possibly use to his advant
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
5 flaming hot stars!!

This is a stand alone book from V. F. Mason’s serial killer series but if you are wise you’re hold read them all!! I am super obsessed with all the serial killers!!

Arson has been on my mind since I started this serial killer journey. He always piqued my interest. Now I know why. He is such a tough nut to crack but under it all is exactly what I thought. I am in love!! I read a few reviews and people didn’t seem to care for Chloe but, trust and believe, I am a fan of Chloe!!
Hanan
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been intrigued by the blue haired man and his love of fire.
So I was thrilled to finally get Arson’s story.
And what a story it is!
Arson is a dark uncompromising man.
He has no mercy for his enemies.
He has a line you better not cross.
If you do well look out you are definitely on his radar.
Arson’s form of doling out justice is neither swift nor painless.
It is however thorough,precise and done with calmness.
Callista is definitely one strong young lady.
She is a fighter.
With a determined will an
Sharon
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, dark
This is the first book I have read by the author. It is dark and pulls at one’s emotions as it deals with some challenging subject matter brought to new heights through this author’s writing dexterity. I highly caution those with triggers to read the description with care.
“Some people say children always pay for the sins of their fathers or mothers, to restore the balance their decisions bring into this world. And that’s inevitably what my life has become. Atonement for my parents’ weaknesses.”
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 4 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

I’ve been looking forward to reading Arson’s story for some time now! Arson’s Captive is told with a dual POV, and it switches back and forth between the past and the present. It’s set in the same world as some of the author’s other characters, like Lachlan, Santiago, and Callum. What I love is that it’s not confusing for those that haven’t read their stories, but a treat for those that have read them. Although I
Nicole Mcclain
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finally! Arson’s story and it was a dark one. Besides being dark, it held all the suspense and twisty turns that I love from VF!
Arson is the darkest serial killer that we have met to date. He is very cold and has no compassion. He meets “Chloe” as she is running away from a cult. He decides to keep her but she must surrender first. Chloe/Callista has had her fill of surrendering to men and refuses. But eventually, Arson takes hold of her and the fiery romance begins between them.
This story was
Books2lovenow
Apr 19, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firey love story!

Callista and Arson's love story is a great read. The twists with the villain for the most part are easy to figure out, but you don't care because the love story is so powerful. Callista pulling Arson into the world of feeling love and happiness is very powerful. The pull between is easy to understand. The discussion of abuse and how it affects people and especially children is spot on. The emotions all the characters experience due to their experiences is something that is compe
Clare Harrison
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
She's an angel who's wings are forever clipped. He's a hunter constantly looking for his next victim.

Her attempt to escape the future promised, results in her finding him.

He can't resist in claiming her, but until she can behave his captive she shall be!

So much darkness, so much delicious torture and punishment. Death hangs in the air.

His every thought is connected to his end game. His every action is a step closer until she becomes more than she should.

I loved watching him flick the switch bet
Kelly Graham
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy smoke !!

When you take a half day holiday from work to finish reading a book you know it a 5 * read.

Callista has never had her freedom, her mother fled from her abusive husband straight into "Heaven" taking Callista with her.
Just like hell, from "heaven" there is no escape and Calista seems destined to be stuck here.

Until the blue haired, tattooed monster that is Arson takes her captive.

Arson will set your heart on fire
you'll douse out the flames with the tears you shed for his awful childho
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Reaper (Boston Underworld, #2)
  • Betting on Stocks (Dead Presidents MC #7)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • The Leader (Bad Romance #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Kingston Brothers #2)
  • Dear Diary: Tales from Riverstone High - January
  • The Sound of Salvation (Deliverance #1)
  • Shamrock (Emerald Isle MC, #1)
  • Rockstar Daddy (Decoy, #1)
  • Swagger and Sass (Lost Kings MC, #14.5)
  • Blindsided (Harris Brothers World #2)
  • New Year Second Chance
  • The Rise of Monsters (Angelus, #1)
  • Another (Voyeur, #4)
  • Fake It For Daddy (Sugar Daddy, #1)
  • Christmas Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2.5)
  • Sparrow
  • Love Bitten (Vampire Blood Royals, #1)
See top shelves…
Visit me on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2e1wFpE
Reader group: http://bit.ly/2iXZd0l
Website: vfmason.com
Instagram: authorvfmason
Twitter: @Author_VFMason

V.F.Mason always loved reading books and had quite a few fights with her mama over the genre she liked (romance, duh!) She studied filmmaking and thought that would feed her desire for stories, but that didn't happen.
Finally, when she was tired of all