Start by marking “Where Demons Hide” as Want to Read:
Where Demons Hide

Where Demons Hide

The City of Sin holds more than secrets.

He doesn’t remember me.
But, I remember him.
The mysterious and brooding Jay McCall.
His touch. His kiss. His hands on me.
It’s burned into my mind.
The one incredible night we shared.

But, that was before...
Before I lost my brother.
Before grief held me hostage.

He’s back, and it has nothing and everything to do with me.
The secrets he’s
Paperback
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Where Demons Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Demons Hide

Start your review of Where Demons Hide
Ashlee
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Come with me.’

A.M.Brooks takes us into a world of betrayal and lies where not everyone is as they seem.

When Blaise learns her brother Blake’s death isn’t just a tragic night of fast driving gone wrong its as though a veil has been lifted and the sights of Sin City soon seep into the realty she once would bet her entire night of tips on.

What starts with a one night stand that suddenly shows up into town claiming her brothers death was no accident and the group of guys she’s grown up with are n
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks is a beautifully crafted romance full of suspenseful moments that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Jay and Blaise wholeheartedly stole my heart and oh my goodness did I have to fan myself a few times during some of their hot and heavy scenes...I mean DAMN the chemistry these two had from page one was DYNAMITE! The author definitely started these two off with a BANG!

The twists and turns throughout lef
Heather 'Confessions Of A Bibliophile' Creighton
Confessions 5 Stars

Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks is a scorching hot, new adult, romantic suspense, that you are NOT going to want to miss! Full of secrets, lies, and betrayals, that will keep you guessing with every twist and turn. Get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions with this one!

❝ The City of Sin holds more than just secrets…❞
With an absent father and a mother that was rarely around Blaise Palmer didn’t have much of a family growing up. But she did have her best friend, her brother B
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wowza! This started of with such heartbreaking thoughts then bam! Straight away sexy, sexy man! Lust filled thoughts. I really enjoyed this. The main characters I fell in love with quickly! Stone and the guys had me on edge, except Joey I really liked him..... There are some really shady moments and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I really want to be a detective to help figure things out!
The sex is steamy and lovely. The fighting is heartbreaking because it comes from dark places and som
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews

A 4 star romantic suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat with intrigue all through the reading of this story.

I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to spoil anything for the readers. Let’s say it’s a scorching hot romantic suspense that had twist and turns. I didn’t know who to trust. Beautifully twisted. The plot got thicker and thicker as I read on.

Standalone told in a single POV with an amazing HEA. I recommend this story.
Athena D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

WOW...this was such a riveting read! The mystery and intrigue throughout the story is fantastic. The intense sexual connection between Jay and Blaise is off the charts. If you're looking for an EPIC romantic suspense, your search is over. Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Coco.V
Apr 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/3/2020)! 🎁
Nicole Sargent Kunkel
This book has a little bit of everything! It has mystery, suspense, love, and steam! I loved Blaise from the start. She is a grieving young women who keeps going everyday through her pain. Jay is the new mysterious stranger who she instantly connected with. She soon learns her brother was murdered and she can’t trust anyone. Everyone becomes a suspect to her. She begins to doubt everyone including her friends that are like family. The book is nonstop action with twists and turns everywhere.
Jenny
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 4 1/2 stars. I loved it but it just didn’t captivate me as much as some books do. It was a great story with some mystery and romance. Jay and Blaise were good characters. As a reader and blogger that has lived other books by this author I recommend this one also!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
it.sgottabethebooks
A.M Brooks killed it!! This romantic suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat. Jay and Blaise have great chemistry. The secrets and mystery had me captivated. The author delivered a book that will have you in the feels. I highly recommend this book!
Kayla
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The City of Sin holds more than just secrets."

Where Demons Hide was my first book by the author A.M. Brooks. I was so excited to start this book because the cover and blurb was so amazing. And I found this book overall to be a enjoyable romantic suspsense. However the first 35% of the book was a bit slow for my taste. I understand the sadness was needed for the situations that had happened. But it was a little overkill on Blaise's emotions and her continually pushing people who cared away.
Becca (Coffeebooksandjournals)
I gave this a four out five stars. I really enjoyed this, it kept me on the edge of my seat. I haven't stayed up late to finish a book in a long while until now. I started it last night and stayed up all night to finish it. I've been having trouble with reading keeping my attention and to continuously read. With this book though I didn't have that problem at all. Some of the conflicts in this book could have been worked out by communicating. I liked how the main character wanted to do things her ...more
Barbara
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am very impressed, definitely will be reading by her.
Blaise meets Jay at her brother Blake's funeral but doesn't know his name. Blake raises both himself and Blaise as they are from a broken/dysfunctional family with limited parenting. They grow up with four other boys from similar backgrounds to form their own family. The six are a close knit unit until the fateful night Blake was killed in a car accident. Six months later Jay, a detective
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
DNF @ 10%

I requested this book because it's set in my hometown, but I can't continue reading it. There are insane jumps between past and present tense that make it difficult to follow. At first I thought it was just a stylistic thing, but it happens from sentence to sentence for no apparent reason. Throw in a bit of woman-on-woman hate, and I'm out.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.
Kalli Bunch
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book draws you in immediately. From the very first sentence, you're fanning yourself because it is SIZZLING hot!! In this book, you won't know who's being real and who is spinning a web of lies. A line-up of characters with more layers to peel back and nothing is the way it seems. ...more
Marlou (life_of_a_bookdragon)
This book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a fun and quick read! It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but it was very cute and the cartel/crime part made it very interesting.

Writing style: I really liked the style. I can't quite explain what it was, I can just say I liked it. Just enough details to form a proper picture in my head. The tasteful writing kept me reading.

Characters: They were a little flat, but that often seems to be the case in sh
Mermaid Momma
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a steamy, wild ride. From the first page, I was hooked and could not finish this book fast enough.

Blaise is completely destroyed after the sudden death of her brother, Blake, and then in walks a dark, dominant stranger that sets her world on fire and throws her into a world of mystery and intrigue. Just like this book kept Blaise guessing about who she could trust, I was questioning that right along with her (though I did guess o
Angel Hatfield
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The City of Sin holds more than secrets. He doesn’t remember me. But, I remember him. The mysterious and brooding Jay McCall. His touch. His kiss. His hands on me. It’s burned into my mind. The one incredible night we shared.

But, that was before...Before I lost my brother. Before grief held me hostage. He’s back, and it has nothing and everything to do with me. The secrets he’s keeping are tangled with my brother’s death. My heart. My body. At war over a man I barely know. A man who knows the t
Lindsey
Apr 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Apparently I am part of the minority and am one of the few that did not like this book...

Maybe everyone else read something I didn't? Maybe I had pages missing? Because that would sure explain a lot. This storyline was choppy, all over the place, and difficult to follow. Not to mention keeping all of the 86 men in her life straight...

And what was really frustrating and ridiculous was how FAST they go from meeting to him spending every night in her bed (chapter 8). There was no relationship buil
Poppy1102
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where Demons Hide...

An intriguing and interesting story!...

Blaise is trying to carry on with life after her brothers death. Her mum is barely there and her brothers friends, who were also hers, up and left after the funeral, so basically she's alone...jeez I just wanted to go to her!!

Then in comes Jay and although she had met him once before, it seems he doesn't remember!? However as time goes on, she soon realises there is so much going on and she had no idea.about any of it!! She doesn't know
Cindy Rippentrop
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I was not expecting this story from the description. The story itself moved quickly, was full of multi mysteries, and you just were not sure who to trust and who was telling the truth and who was telling lies, then you had to sift through the deceptions.
There was romance woven throughout but for me the heroine acted the 18 year old she was supposed to be and I think the story would have been better if she had a little more experience and a couple of more years of age. This story was worth th
Meya
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I got this as an ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I thought this book was a bit confusing, and the first 20% were very slow and nothing really happened. It was a bit covering Blaise's emotions but I think that part could have been much shorter and made the book more enjoyable.
I think the romance could have been stronger and they should have had more chemistry.
Tina
Apr 08, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one just isn't for me. DNF at 27% ...more
Julie
That was a rollercoaster read. Full of so many emotions. The highs and lows of Blaise’s life were many. No father figure, a drunk for a mother, but at least she had her baby brother. That was until an accident took her beloved brother away from her.

Told in the first person, Blaise tells us all about her feelings, numbness at the loss of her brother, anger at him leaving her, his friends who abandoned him and her at after the funeral. She was going to leave this small town, her and her brother,
Stephanie
Ashley Jasper
My first taste of A.M. Brooks's writing and for me, it was a bit of a mixed bag. The opening of Where Demons Hide drew me in but shortly after, I found myself struggling to stay invested in Blaise's story.

I liked Blaise. She was a little sad, a little lost and little broken but not one to go down without a fight. And when Jay storms into her life, it was once again turned on its head. Oh Jay. He had the best of intentions where Blaise was concerned but his execution wasn't the best. Mainly beca
Vanessa
To put it simply, I just don’t know where to start with this review. There was so much throughout the book. Once this book landed on my kindle I had to read it. I had to know what type of demons were hiding in this book. But what I found weren’t so much demons. Blaise was who I wish I could be sometimes. No nonsense and tell it how it is attitude. Sometimes I didn’t know whether to envy her or to sympathize with her. She wasn’t one to let people walk all over her. But during that I could feel he ...more
Rosanna
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Loved Jay and Blaise together. Not quite at the beginning. I thought that Jay was a bit weird at first. How could you not know that you’ve slept with someone? But not to worry! All falls I to place at the end of the book.
Blaise loses her brother in a car accident and is heartbroken by the loss. She is slowly losing her mother too from the death of her brother. Soon she finds herself all alone.
Until her brothers friends who just about disappeared after Blake’s death. Blaise knows something isn’
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

• In the Unlikely Event
  • Filthy Little Pretties (Hillcrest Prep, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
  • My (Mostly) Fake Wedding (My Mostly Funny Romance #2)
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy, #4)
  • No Prince
  • Aftereffect (The Order of Ravens and Wolves, #1)
  • Untouchable (Untouchables, #1)
  • Glass Heart Broken (Glass Heart Academy, #2)
  • Liar, Liar
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Fragile Things (Folkestone Sins, #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • When the Stars Fall (Lost Stars #1)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation: A Trick-Or-Treat Collaboration