Start by marking “Credence” as Want to Read:
Credence

Credence

From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Douglas comes a new standalone...

Tiernan de Haas doesn’t care about anything anymore. The only child of a film producer and his starlet wife, she’s grown up with wealth and privilege but not love or guidance. Shipped off to boarding schools from an early age, it was still impossible to escape the loneliness and carve out a
Published January 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Credence, please sign up.

Start your review of Credence
chan ☆
spoiler filled release day reading vlog

okay SO. i really enjoyed this book but i would warn you that there is violence that some might see as abuse, there is dub con, and there are some VERY taboo situations here. like if you've read jessa kane/alexa riley this is like that, with plot.

i really really enjoyed the emotional thread running through this and i really loved watching tiernan grow to trust and love people. and i like who she picked.

i think this is going to be a VERY polarizing book but
Penelope Douglas
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!

#FREE in #KindleUnlimited !!
"We haven't had a woman living in the house in a long time." He looks down at me and everything else stops. "Now we have you."
Amazon US---> https://amzn.to/3a8RUyj

Amazon UK---> https://amzn.to/2Nqj8GT
Amazon AUS---> https://amzn.to/2NpVcUl
Amazon CA---> https://amzn.to/2tk5ApJ
Paperback---> https://amzn.to/35TJCqE

Pinterest Storyboard---> https://bit.ly/380PBMP
Spotify Playlist---> https://spoti.fi/2Li0bVL
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
My mind is reeling!!! Penelope Douglas has blown me away. Wow. I just finished the epilogue and acknowledgments (yes I read those ) and I’m... speechless. PD has written a book that will blow your expectations of what kind of romances she can write out of the water. I truly believe she improves on her craft and writing with each book she puts out, because it shows. Credence is nothing like her previous romances - or romances in general - yet it’s EVERYTHING. (Don’t worry, there is an HEA and it’ ...more
Melanie
rtc soon

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540 credence

'CREDENCE' Is a full length stand alone New Adult | romance novel by Penelope Douglas. Spoken in multiple POV's

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TZV25B/...

Holy shit this was f#cking hot!! And it just escalated in the background chapter by chapter and I knew either I was going to combust or my ipad would!! What an insane ride!! A ride I never wanted to get off!! This had very similar vibes to The Wild so if you liked that you'll love this one. I never wanted this book to end!! It
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A romance that has over come all the expectations that I had with it's surprising yet, emotionally complex characters that will have you turning every single page wanting more...

I have not done a thorough review in such a long time... and it feels like coming home when reading a book by Penelope Douglas, especially one that I was hesitant to read and dive into. The synopsis had me uncertain on whether I should give it a try, but none the less I did and I am glad I did as well because Penelope
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Wow loved it so much! It was hot , captivating and so addictive! Penelope Douglas did it for one more time! She takes the reader to a ride full of emotions , tension and angst!The story is sensual and unique !Its like nothing else so unique and so hot!

description

Its not your typical romance, its so much more.Go to this blind and enjoy every minute of it!I was hooked and I felt like I was a part of the story, you can easily understand who is your main interest and this make the story more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK. THISSSS BOOK! I felt like I was holding my breath the entire time I was reading. It's wild, it's naughty AF, it's kinky and kinda taboo and a bit dark and just something I can't even describe. It's a WHOA read. I feel winded after finishing! SUCH INTENSE READING, you guys! And so flipping good. Are you reading this? It's a boundry pusher for sure. LOLOL. Whewww baby! I need a minute.
lazybookconqueror
5 My home is where you are Stars.

In my review for Birthday Girl, I said ''Who knew that you could take steamy taboo and make it classy, believable and heartfelt?'' In Credence, the author takes that statement to the extreme and produces a book that manages to be atmospheric, character-driven, emotional, extremely sensual and thought-provoking all at once.

description

Credence is not a book for the faint of heart, but it is definitely a statement to Douglas' writing skills (that keeps improving with each new
arini ★彡
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

SOMEONE GET THE FIRE TRUCK CAUSE I NEED TO COOL DOWN!!

By the devil! That was one heck of a ride. My my the heat… and the feels… oh the feels! Whew, this book is hotter than hell and wilder than my wildest fantasy.

Following the sudden deaths of her parents, seventeen year old Tiernan de Haas is set to live with her father's stepbrother and only living relative Jake Van der Berg and his two sons, Kaleb and Noah. Hidden in the mountains of Colorado and miles away from civilization,
Phuong ✯
Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes and feel the pain.

I put everything on hold and for what... Penelope Douglas is one of my one-click authors, no matter which trope. Her other standalones are one of my favorite books ever and I'm always looking forward to read one of her new releases. Credence is going to be a controversial book. You're either going to love it or hate it. Unfortunately for me, it didn't deliver and belongs more in the second category.

I went into this book almost
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
5 “Lust, learn, and love” Stars

I usually leave a review right after I finish a book because I want my emotions to be fresh and raw, but I had to put myself together after finishing this at 6 in the morning.
I can see how this can be either a FUCK NO! or a FUCK YES! read for most of us. I am delighted to say it was a big fat FUCK YEAH for me.

I will try to make this as spoiler free as possible because is best to go blind in.

Tiernan de Haas, 17 almost 18,is put in her step-uncle care after her
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I have been a longtime fan of Penelope Douglas and will read EVERYTHING she writes. Her writing is smart, sexy, engaging and always an addiction. Credence was no different as we see howTiernan de Haas, faced with the deaths of her parents, fares living with her step uncle and his sons, three men who shake up her existence in a remote cabin in the woods.

Gah!!! This story was one hell of a ride!!! The writing was truly phenomenal, engaging and witty. I was so damn intrigued by the premise of the
Melissa H
Y’all this was a ride!!! One I was here for the entire time. It starts off with Tiernan loosing both her famous absentee parents in the most selfish way. She finds out a couple weeks until she turns 18 that her parents gave her uncle custody of her... who lives on a mountain in Colorado with his two sons.

To get away from the press and everything else she decides to escape to the only family she has left. Once she gets there... let’s say things start really heating up in time for winter this
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I fit it in somehow! Arcs and sleep be damned! I had to read this. It's one of my most anticipated reads of this year. Penelope Douglas is one of my unicorns, and there has never been a book I've read from her that I didn't enjoy.

When I read the blurb for Credence, it sounded like the perfect story for me. I'm all about sharing in books and even reverse harem, so I was cool if this turned out to be that kind of story. I'm super open minded when it comes to romance, so I was up for anything the
Dilek VT
Jan 16, 2020 marked it as never-no-way
I read "Bully" and "Punk 57" from this writer and they were not very good for me. Then, I tried "Misconduct" but I couldn't stand it so I DNF'ed it. Hence, I decided that this writer was not for me. So, since then, I have avoided her books without even reading the blurbs.

However, in this case and about this book, I just wanna include my warning here because it sounds so very sick to me.

My warning will be full of spoilers so proceed with caution...

Here it is:

(view spoiler)
honey (myonna reads)
time to pack my shit and move to the mountains in colorado with three men, on my mama mia shit. i think i really connected with the main character in this book and that’s why i enjoyed it so much. i surprisingly don’t really talk a lot and it’s actually a running joke in my family that i’m emotionless.

okay but on to the actual review, i need to be CLEANSED after reading this book like it was so dirty and i enjoyed every part of it like why?? i’m a little salty because she didn’t get with all of
sidvicious
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. Everything about this book was nothing short of amazing. The scenery. I knew when Pen said Colorado mountains that the scenery alone was going to lull me under a spell. This is so different from anything I’ve ever read, and that’s what is so alluring about Pen’s writing. This book will keep you spinning and you’ll be so engrossed in every little detail of this story. It was nice to just get lost in this book, to feel the raw emotions from these characters. Truly a well crafted story!

あきこ
Some darker subject matter.

This book was my thing in the first half, really liked it, but some of the back-half wasn't really my thing. I think others who like harem type books, and more insta-love and lotsa sex, for sex sake (back-half of book), will enjoy this one.

17 turning 18 year old Tiernan de Haas is given the option to live with her father's step-brother, and his two sons, after what happens to Tiernan's parents. She chooses to do so.

Jake Van der Berg is an older guy who struggles with
Denise
3.5 Stars

Well this was a ride. And for the first 70%, I was all about it but then things went south fast.

I really enjoyed reading this blind and would suggest to do the same. It was truly up in the air as to which man she'd end up with and I enjoyed the angsty, steamy journey of figuring it out. However, she ended up with the one I truly didn't care for. And normally that'd be fine, even though I'm butthurt I didn't get what I wanted, but the eventual love interest was (view spoiler)
SHIRLEY ♡
Jan 14, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Tiernan is almost 18 years old.
She should be over the moon happy about that and about life in general. She's the daughter of super-rich and famous Hollywood people. But she's not happy at all. First of all - her parents just died. And even before that her life was one sad and lonely existence of nannies and boarding schools and empty money. Her parents only had time for each other. Theirs was that perfect love story people dream about having. But Tiernan was completely invisible to them.

Now -
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Where the hell to even begin!!! This was WILD! Credence was nothing I ever saw coming, NOTHING I was prepared for. I was stunned. I was uncomfortable. I was CONSUMED and I was FLABBERGASTED. This was a first for me, a story so outside the box, outside of my own comfort zone, a story so different from anything else I've read. And it's left me with the book hangover to end all book hangovers. I just can't shake this book.

There will be readers that can't wrap their heads around this storyline.
My Pink Fairytales
Speechless

I’m not even kidding. I’m totally lost for words right now! I mean:

I have a confession to make. This is only my second Penelope Douglas book. I’ve recently joined her Facebook Group and noticed there was a lot of buzz around Credence, but I didn’t even read the blurb! I saw on my GR feed a review on it saying this needs to be read, saw it was free in Kindle Unlimited and the rest is history.
Here I am stunned!

I spent the day devouring it, because there was no way I could put it
kristy ☻
Jan 04, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: owned, owned-tbr
i don’t know about y’all but i’m really hoping she ends up with the father
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I absolutely loved this book for the most part. I really thought I had my first five-star read of the year, then it all got a bit ridiculous towards the end and that kind of took the shine off it to be honest. It felt like it was all drama, drama and for drama's sake, and yet the first 70-80% was this slow, gripping, intense story that utterly consumed me. I wish Penelope Douglas had kept that theme going throughout the book and gave us an ending fitting of the characters. But, none the less, I ...more
Pick a Book
English/ Português (logo baixo)

4 stars

I always get excited when Penelope announces a book because I know it will be good. In CREDENCE, the author makes us almost forget theboundariesto the point of hoping that the lines gets crossed.

Jake, Noah, Kaleb, and Tiernan weren't looking for anything, but they certainly needed some jolt in their lives. And what a jolt that was! Everyone was stagnant in life and needed to know themselves as a person and as a group. Jake, Noah and Kaleb worked together,
Lydia's Romance
5+ Stars

"We were lost and broken, each in our own way, and she needed us as much as we needed her. We’d die for her."

Well, color me naughty because I flat-out loved this book. Penelope Douglas is my queen of forbidden romance. She makes it work. She makes me fall in love with things outside my comfort zone. Just when I think a particular taboo situation couldn't possibly work for me, she says: Hold my book. Though, I think it's safe to say, I trust this author, even when it feels like she's
Wil Loves Books!
“My home is where you are”

Oh wow, this book was something else! First, I have to say that I’m not surprised one bit though, this is Pen Douglas after all and she’s the absolute queen of the dark and twisty. She invented the bully romance, essentially, she’s the mother of the dragons! So why are people surprised that she pushed the envelope and went there? Not me.

I think that the book is definitely not for everyone, it definitely doesn’t follow your typical romance guidelines, will scare the
Grey
Woo. I am...gah, y'all gonna be thirsty for this one. I've been deep in the proof cave, let me collect my thoughts and come back. Hotttt.

• Inappropriate
  • The Punk and the Plaything (When Rivals Play, #3)
  • The Younger Man
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • All Grown Up
  • After (After, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fourteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, and Birthday Girl. Please look for Credence, available January 14, 2020.

She lives in Las Vegas with her husband and their daughter.

*represented by
“People may live different realities, but the truth is always the same.” 2 likes
“Because life is only happy when it’s shared.” 1 likes