Start by marking “Credence” as Want to Read:
Credence

Credence

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  4,566 ratings  ·  1,157 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Douglas comes a new standalone...

Tiernan de Haas doesn’t care about anything anymore. The only child of a film producer and his starlet wife, she’s grown up with wealth and privilege but not love or guidance. Shipped off to boarding schools from an early age, it was still impossible to escape the loneliness and carve out a
Published January 13th 2020

·  4,566 ratings  ·  1,157 reviews

Start your review of Credence
chan ☆
spoiler filled release day reading vlog

okay SO. i really enjoyed this book but i would warn you that there is violence that some might see as abuse, there is dub con, and there are some VERY taboo situations here. like if you've read jessa kane/alexa riley this is like that, with plot.

i really really enjoyed the emotional thread running through this and i really loved watching tiernan grow to trust and love people. and i like who she picked.

i think this is going to be a VERY polarizing book but
Penelope Douglas
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!

#FREE in #KindleUnlimited !!
"We haven't had a woman living in the house in a long time." He looks down at me and everything else stops. "Now we have you."
Amazon US---> https://amzn.to/3a8RUyj

Amazon UK---> https://amzn.to/2Nqj8GT
Amazon AUS---> https://amzn.to/2NpVcUl
Amazon CA---> https://amzn.to/2tk5ApJ
Paperback---> https://amzn.to/35TJCqE

Pinterest Storyboard---> https://bit.ly/380PBMP
Spotify Playlist---> https://spoti.fi/2Li0bVL
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
My mind is reeling!!! Penelope Douglas has blown me away. Wow. I just finished the epilogue and acknowledgments (yes I read those ) and I’m... speechless. PD has written a book that will blow your expectations of what kind of romances she can write out of the water. I truly believe she improves on her craft and writing with each book she puts out, because it shows. Credence is nothing like her previous romances - or romances in general - yet it’s EVERYTHING. (Don’t worry, there is an HEA and it’ ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540 credence

'CREDENCE' Is a full length stand alone New Adult | romance novel by Penelope Douglas. Spoken in multiple POV's

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TZV25B/...

Holy shit this was f#cking hot!! And it just escalated in the background chapter by chapter and I knew either I was going to combust or my ipad would!! What an insane ride!! A ride I never wanted to get off!! This had very similar vibes to The Wild so if you liked that you'll love this one. I never wanted this book to end!! It
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
What the actual HELL did I just read????

Girl's parents commit suicide. Girl is placed under care of her father's stepbrother, who lives in the mountains of Colorado with his two sons. Girl spends winter hopping from one of their beds to the other, before 'falling in love' with the one who's a psycho.

HERE'S WHY NONE OF THIS WORKED FOR ME:

The relationships were not handled well AT ALL. The girl (Tiernan) has sex with her step-uncle Jake first, then step-cousin Noah, then other step-cousin
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A romance that has over come all the expectations that I had with it's surprising yet, emotionally complex characters that will have you turning every single page wanting more...

I have not done a thorough review in such a long time... and it feels like coming home when reading a book by Penelope Douglas, especially one that I was hesitant to read and dive into. The synopsis had me uncertain on whether I should give it a try, but none the less I did and I am glad I did as well because Penelope
Melanie
rtc soon

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
arini ★彡
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

4.5 Stars

I’M SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO COULDN’T HANDLE THIS, BUT THIS BOOK IS IT FOR MY GUILTY PLEASURE.

Someone call the fire department bcs I need some cooling down! By the devil! That was one heck of a ride. My my the heat… and the feels… oh the feels! Whew, this book is hotter than hell and wilder than my wildest fantasy.

Following the sudden deaths of her parents, seventeen year old Tiernan de Haas is set to live with her father’s stepbrother and only living relative Jake Van der Berg and
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Penelope Douglas: Expect the Unexpected.
She pens astounding, jaw dropping stories with tongue-in-cheek bravado and exhilarating narration which keeps the mercury rising
Devilishly Divine, Passionately explosive and deeply explorative of all the complexities of human relationship scenarios, she introduces the Van Der Berg men in all their manly glory. Residing up in the mountains of Chapel Peak, Colorado, they're rugged and handsome, living in seclusion. They haven't had a woman live with them
Cardan Greenbriar
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
an uncomfortable read about 3 horny Gordon Ramsays and one Submissive extremely horny Panini head

this girl prefers to be treated like shit instead of being ignored and left alone
weird flex but ok

p.s. if Tiernan is "depressed " then i should be dead and decomposing right now
Phuong ✯
Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes and feel the pain.

I put everything on hold and for what... Penelope Douglas is one of my one-click authors, no matter which trope. Her other standalones are one of my favorite books ever and I'm always looking forward to read one of her new releases. Credence is going to be a controversial book. You're either going to love it or hate it. Unfortunately for me, it didn't deliver and belongs more in the second category.

I went into this book almost
Gabby
DNF @ 50%
I’ve been reading this book for a couple days now and I just can’t continue it anymore. I read this because I really enjoyed Birthday Girl it’s one of my all time favorite romances and I was curious to see what this author would do next, and I really love taboo romances... but this book was a bit too much for me. It was one of the smuttiest books I’ve ever read to the point where I was extremely uncomfortable. Not only that but the lines of consent are really blurry and her love
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

I don't really know how exactly to go about discussing this book as it doesn't really fit in any of the prescribed boxes (or tropes) in which we romance readers like to shove things.

It's just not that simplistic.

There are a lot of layers here...and to say it's a "step-brother/sister" or "reverse harem" romance - or any of the possible labels one might slap on this thing - and it kind of is some of those things - it's also not really any of those things either.

And yes, I realize how
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Wow loved it so much! It was hot , captivating and so addictive! Penelope Douglas did it for one more time! She takes the reader to a ride full of emotions , tension and angst!The story is sensual and unique !Its like nothing else so unique and so hot!

description

Its not your typical romance, its so much more.Go to this blind and enjoy every minute of it!I was hooked and I felt like I was a part of the story, you can easily understand who is your main interest and this make the story more
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I fit it in somehow! Arcs and sleep be damned! I had to read this. It's one of my most anticipated reads of this year. Penelope Douglas is one of my unicorns, and there has never been a book I've read from her that I didn't enjoy.

When I read the blurb for Credence, it sounded like the perfect story for me. I'm all about sharing in books and even reverse harem, so I was cool if this turned out to be that kind of story. I'm super open minded when it comes to romance, so I was up for anything the
lazybookconqueror
5 My home is where you are Stars.

In my review for Birthday Girl, I said ''Who knew that you could take steamy taboo and make it classy, believable and heartfelt?'' In Credence, the author takes that statement to the extreme and produces a book that manages to be atmospheric, character-driven, emotional, extremely sensual and thought-provoking all at once.

description

Credence is not a book for the faint of heart, but it is definitely a statement to Douglas' writing skills (that keeps improving with each new
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
5 “Lust, learn, and love” Stars

I usually leave a review right after I finish a book because I want my emotions to be fresh and raw, but I had to put myself together after finishing this at 6 in the morning.
I can see how this can be either a FUCK NO! or a FUCK YES! read for most of us. I am delighted to say it was a big fat FUCK YEAH for me.

I will try to make this as spoiler free as possible because is best to go blind in.

Tiernan de Haas, 17 almost 18,is put in her step-uncle care after her
Jessica
Ummm where do I start? First, thank you so much to Penelope and Social Butterfly PR for the review copy. It was an amazing surprise and I am so thankful I get to support one of my favorite authors!

And though Penelope is one of my absolute favorite authors, I have to be brutally honest. This book is NOT going to be for everyone. And almost wasn't for me. Almost. But I honestly think it was Penelope's writing and storytelling that kept me hooked and not wanting to put this book down.

Going in, I
Amber
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
My biggest issue with Credence is not the taboo plot line. It was with (view spoiler) ...more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK. THISSSS BOOK! I felt like I was holding my breath the entire time I was reading. It's wild, it's naughty AF, it's kinky and kinda taboo and a bit dark and just something I can't even describe. It's a WHOA read. I feel winded after finishing! SUCH INTENSE READING, you guys! And so flipping good. Are you reading this? It's a boundry pusher for sure. LOLOL. Whewww baby! I need a minute.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Where the hell to even begin!!! This was WILD! Credence was nothing I ever saw coming, NOTHING I was prepared for. I was stunned. I was uncomfortable. I was CONSUMED and I was FLABBERGASTED. This was a first for me, a story so outside the box, outside of my own comfort zone, a story so different from anything else I've read. And it's left me with the book hangover to end all book hangovers. I just can't shake this book.

There will be readers that can't wrap their heads around this storyline.
Ambriehl Khalil
[5/5 Stars]

Quick update; it’s been three days and I still can’t stop thinking about this damn book. GAH.

Alrighty-roo. Let’s get stuck in, shall we?

I don’t know how Penelope Douglas manages to handle such taboo topics with such delicacy and ease. This. Was. Phenomenal. I’d like to say I devoured it, and I did, but it took me much longer to read than anticipated because I read every single word. A lot of the time when I read I read quickly and the words process fast and I skim some lines. With
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I have been a longtime fan of Penelope Douglas and will read EVERYTHING she writes. Her writing is smart, sexy, engaging and always an addiction. Credence was no different as we see howTiernan de Haas, faced with the deaths of her parents, fares living with her step uncle and his sons, three men who shake up her existence in a remote cabin in the woods.

Gah!!! This story was one hell of a ride!!! The writing was truly phenomenal, engaging and witty. I was so damn intrigued by the premise of the
Nas
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
a case of it's not me, it's you.
Wil Loves Books!
“My home is where you are”

Oh wow, this book was something else! First, I have to say that I’m not surprised one bit though, this is Pen Douglas after all and she’s the absolute queen of the dark and twisty. She invented the bully romance, essentially, she’s the mother of the dragons! So why are people surprised that she pushed the envelope and went there? Not me.

I think that the book is definitely not for everyone, it definitely doesn’t follow your typical romance guidelines, will scare the
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW***

***Disclaimer - this book is not going to be for everyone. It isn’t your traditional romance. There characters who are damaged, who make decisions you don’t agree with, who act in ways that will make you want to scream, but to me, they are human, flawed dealing with issues the way they seem fit. For me, personally, I was enthralled by the journey.

5 Unconventional CROWNS

Penelope Douglas is not a conventional writer in the romance world. She writes what she wants and creates
Melissa H
Y’all this was a ride!!! One I was here for the entire time. It starts off with Tiernan loosing both her famous absentee parents in the most selfish way. She finds out a couple weeks until she turns 18 that her parents gave her uncle custody of her... who lives on a mountain in Colorado with his two sons.

To get away from the press and everything else she decides to escape to the only family she has left. Once she gets there... let’s say things start really heating up in time for winter this
Jan
**** 4 Stars ****

That was so, so inappropriate.

And at times, unbelievable
But did I care? Nope. It was highly entertaining.
The combination of attributes in those male characters were very hard to resist.

They were charming, possessive, naughty, wicked, wanton, and a tad bit depraved.
However, despite being *ahem* morally corrupted, the story had a heart which helped to tone down the whole debauchery, and I, for one, never found it vulgar.

A ate this sinful story with a large spoon.

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
I’m moving to the mountains because of this book!

I liked the premise of this book from the start and it did not disappoint. The story is about a girl named Tiernan who is from Beverly Hills and is the daughter of two famous people who just died. Her parents loved each other so much that they didn’t have room in their world for anyone else, including their daughter.

Tiernan grew up alone with nannies until she was old enough for boarding schools and and during school breaks she was sent to summer

• Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Release
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • All Grown Up
  • Code of Silence
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • The Punk and the Plaything (When Rivals Play, #3)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • After (After, #1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Hate Crush
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fourteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, and Birthday Girl. Please look for Credence, available January 14, 2020.

She lives in Las Vegas with her husband and their daughter.

*represented by
“People may live different realities, but the truth is always the same.” 4 likes
“Because you’re still you, no matter where you go,” I retort.” 3 likes