Start by marking “Credence” as Want to Read:
Credence

Credence

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  17,689 ratings  ·  2,903 reviews
Tiernan de Haas doesn’t care about anything anymore. The only child of a film producer and his starlet wife, she’s grown up with wealth and privilege but not love or guidance. Shipped off to boarding schools from an early age, it was still impossible to escape the loneliness and carve out a life of her own. The shadow of her parents’ fame followed her everywhere.

And when t
Published January 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Credence, please sign up.
Marce IH
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  17,689 ratings  ·  2,903 reviews

Start your review of Credence
chan ☆
spoiler filled release day reading vlog

okay SO. i really enjoyed this book but i would warn you that there is violence that some might see as abuse, there is dub con, and there are some VERY taboo situations here. like if you've read jessa kane/alexa riley this is like that, with plot.

i really really enjoyed the emotional thread running through this and i really loved watching tiernan grow to trust and love people. and i like who she picked.

i think this is going to be a VERY polarizing book but
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
What the actual HELL did I just read????

Girl's parents commit suicide. Girl is placed under care of her father's stepbrother, who lives in the mountains of Colorado with his two sons. Girl spends winter hopping from one of their beds to the other, before 'falling in love' with the one who's a psycho.

HERE'S WHY NONE OF THIS WORKED FOR ME:

❌ The relationships were not handled well AT ALL. The girl (Tiernan) has sex with her step-uncle Jake first, then step-cousin Noah, then other step-cousin Ka
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

I don't really know how exactly to go about discussing this book as it doesn't really fit in any of the prescribed boxes (or tropes) in which we romance readers like to shove things.

It's just not that simplistic.

There are a lot of layers here...and to say it's a "step-brother/sister" or "reverse harem" romance - or any of the possible labels one might slap on this thing - and it kind of is some of those things - it's also not really any of those things either.

And yes, I realize how c
Penelope Douglas
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)
🔥NOW LIVE!!🔥

#FREE in #KindleUnlimited !!
"We haven't had a woman living in the house in a long time." He looks down at me and everything else stops. "Now we have you."
Amazon US---> https://amzn.to/3a8RUyj

Amazon UK---> https://amzn.to/2Nqj8GT
Amazon AUS---> https://amzn.to/2NpVcUl
Amazon CA---> https://amzn.to/2tk5ApJ
Paperback---> https://amzn.to/35TJCqE

🌲Pinterest Storyboard---> https://bit.ly/380PBMP
🌲Spotify Playlist---> https://spoti.fi/2Li0bVL
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Penelope Douglas: Expect the Unexpected.
She pens astounding, jaw dropping stories with tongue-in-cheek bravado and exhilarating narration which keeps the mercury rising
Devilishly Divine, Passionately explosive and deeply explorative of all the complexities of human relationship scenarios, she introduces the Van Der Berg men in all their manly glory. Residing up in the mountains of Chapel Peak, Colorado, they're rugged and handsome, living in seclusion. They haven't had a woman live with them f
Arini
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Favorite Book of 2020

[2nd Reading]

Dec. 2020 — 5 Stars

My alter ego and her inner slut is thrivinggg. Believe it, this is one of my favorite books of 2020. Yes, we love me some sexy, juicy, spicy, saucy hanky panky debauchery.

To say I’d been dyyying to get my hands on the audiobook and re-read this since January would be an understatement. So, it’s sad to admit that the audio wasn’t as good as I’d hoped it would be. Idk, the experience was just not as intense as reading the book conventionally
Cardan Greenbriar
an uncomfortable read about 3 horny Gordon Ramsays and one Submissive extremely horny Panini head

this girl prefers to be treated like shit instead of being ignored and left alone
weird flex but ok

p.s. if Tiernan is "depressed " then i should be dead and decomposing right now

p.p.s. agree or not Tiernan (view spoiler)
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
My mind is reeling!!! Penelope Douglas has blown me away. Wow. I just finished the epilogue and acknowledgments (yes I read those 😂) and I’m... speechless. PD has written a book that will blow your expectations of what kind of romances she can write out of the water. I truly believe she improves on her craft and writing with each book she puts out, because it shows. Credence is nothing like her previous romances - or romances in general - yet it’s EVERYTHING. (Don’t worry, there is an HEA and it ...more
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540 credence

'CREDENCE' Is a full length stand alone New Adult | romance novel by Penelope Douglas. Spoken in multiple POV's

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TZV25B/...

Holy shit this was f#cking hot!! And it just escalated in the background chapter by chapter and I knew either I was going to combust or my ipad would!! What an insane ride!! A ride I never wanted to get off!! This had very similar vibes to The Wild so if you liked that you'll love this one. I never wanted this book to end!
mel ☽
can y'all just imagine the awkward family dinners 😅

now first of all, i really went in this blind. so blind that when i heard a male character was gonna have two sons, i though that said sons were children... now color me surprised when i finally realized that those two sons were grown ass men and i walked into a reverse harem type of situation.

description

personally, i don't like sharing because im selfish and i just don't believe a super-duper alpha, possessive type of H would even be down for sharing/
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
I’m moving to the mountains because of this book!

I liked the premise of this book from the start and it did not disappoint. The story is about a girl named Tiernan who is from Beverly Hills and is the daughter of two famous people who just died. Her parents loved each other so much that they didn’t have room in their world for anyone else, including their daughter.

Tiernan grew up alone with nannies until she was old enough for boarding schools and and during school breaks she was sent to summer
Gabby
DNF @ 50%
I’ve been reading this book for a couple days now and I just can’t continue it anymore. I read this because I really enjoyed Birthday Girl it’s one of my all time favorite romances and I was curious to see what this author would do next, and I really love taboo romances... but this book was a bit too much for me. It was one of the smuttiest books I’ve ever read to the point where I was extremely uncomfortable. Not only that but the lines of consent are really blurry and her love interes
CristiinaReads❀
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A romance that has over come all the expectations that I had with it's surprising yet, emotionally complex characters that will have you turning every single page wanting more...

I have not done a thorough review in such a long time... and it feels like coming home when reading a book by Penelope Douglas, especially one that I was hesitant to read and dive into. The synopsis had me uncertain on whether I should give it a try, but none the less I did and I am glad I did as well because Penelop
Jen
I have been sitting here trying to figure out how to rate this book for quite some time. I came to the conclusion that I am going to give it a five stars. Does that mean I agree with everything that went on in this book? Hell no!!! But that isn’t why I read. I read to escape...to be entertained... to feel different emotions— whether it be good or bad. This book definitely did all of that for me! I went into Credence knowing there was forbidden aspects to the story, and that there was probably go ...more
Phuong ✯
Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes and feel the pain.

I put everything on hold and for what... Penelope Douglas is one of my one-click authors, no matter which trope. Her other standalones are one of my favorite books ever and I'm always looking forward to read one of her new releases. Credence is going to be a controversial book. You're either going to love it or hate it. Unfortunately for me, it didn't deliver and belongs more in the second category.

I went into this book almos
Sophia Triad
Wow!

Excuse me....but seriously....

was there a deeper meaning in this story that I had to discover besides the obvious?
Hmmm I don't think so.

did the story have layers and different interpretations to different people?
Hmmm I don't think so.

was it difficult to understand?
were there any sudden twists?
did the ending left me speechless?

did I ugly cry?
or laugh my heart out?
did I connect with the characters?
would I remember them for many days, months, years to come?
Hmmm I don't
Jessica
Ummm where do I start? First, thank you so much to Penelope and Social Butterfly PR for the review copy. It was an amazing surprise and I am so thankful I get to support one of my favorite authors!

And though Penelope is one of my absolute favorite authors, I have to be brutally honest. This book is NOT going to be for everyone. And almost wasn't for me. Almost. But I honestly think it was Penelope's writing and storytelling that kept me hooked and not wanting to put this book down.

Going in, I k
lazybookconqueror
5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My home is where you are Stars.

In my review for Birthday Girl, I said ''Who knew that you could take steamy taboo and make it classy, believable and heartfelt?'' In Credence, the author takes that statement to the extreme and produces a book that manages to be atmospheric, character-driven, emotional, extremely sensual and thought-provoking all at once.

description

Credence is not a book for the faint of heart, but it is definitely a statement to Douglas' writing skills (that keeps improving with eac
Saint Monique
3 'I don’t get the hype' stars

I'm not in a reviewing mood so here are just quick simple facts.

✔✔✔ sex is scorching hot and filthy 🤤😋😍
✖ Tiernan, hun, I don't really care about you
✖ Noah, sweetie, I don't care much about you either
✖ Kaleb, dear, I have nothing to say to you
✖ Jake, darling, I like you the most but considering how I feel about others, this isn't saying much
✖ the taboo aspect - I was prepared to be scandalized but it was just meh. I mean, come on, there wasn't even a foursome 🙄🤷‍♀️
alana ♡
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult, romance
"You're going to look in the mirror at the seventeen-year-old girl in a fifty-year-old body and realize you wasted so much time being devastated at how those fuckers didn't love you that you forgot there's an entire world of people who will."

*This review contains spoilers so please read at your own risk if you have not read the book

Here's the thing, there are not many times, if ever, a book can render me completely speechless...until now. Whenever I see Penelope Douglas is coming out with a
Amber
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
My biggest issue with Credence is not the taboo plot line. It was with (view spoiler) ...more
Antonella
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️5 stars ❤️

Wow loved it so much! It was hot , captivating and so addictive! Penelope Douglas did it for one more time! She takes the reader to a ride full of emotions , tension and angst!The story is sensual and unique !Its like nothing else so unique and so hot!

description

Its not your typical romance, its so much more.Go to this blind and enjoy every minute of it!I was hooked and I felt like I was a part of the story, you can easily understand who is your main interest and this make the story more atmosp
Isabella. R
5 Lust, Learn and Love Stars ⭐

Just wow. There have been many differing opinions over this book, but in the end, I loved it. I was like an addict flipping through the pages while trying to disconnect from humanity purely to remain absorbed in this fuckery high up in the mountains of Colorado. I didn’t know what to expect when I agreed to this read, but boy it was more than I dared hope.

Tiernan de Haas is a shell. Born into a family of privilege she has always been invisible. Although her home was
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I fit it in somehow! 🙌🏻😂 Arcs and sleep be damned! I had to read this. It's one of my most anticipated reads of this year. Penelope Douglas is one of my unicorns, and there has never been a book I've read from her that I didn't enjoy.

When I read the blurb for Credence, it sounded like the perfect story for me. I'm all about sharing in books and even reverse harem, so I was cool if this turned out to be that kind of story. I'm super open minded when it comes to romance, so I was up for anything
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
5 “Lust, learn, and love” Stars

I usually leave a review right after I finish a book because I want my emotions to be fresh and raw, but I had to put myself together after finishing this at 6 in the morning.
I can see how this can be either a FUCK NO! or a FUCK YES! read for most of us. I am delighted to say it was a big fat FUCK YEAH for me.

I will try to make this as spoiler free as possible because is best to go blind in.

Tiernan de Haas, 17 almost 18,is put in her step-uncle care after her p
Nas
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
a case of it's not me, it's you. ...more
Melanie A.
5 STARS!!
"That's what everyone wants, isn't it? To not be alone?"
Taboo fuckery at its absolute best!

Serious kudos to Ms. Penelope Douglas for pulling this off . . . I figured there was a 50/50 chance of this story hammering down on my DNF button, but NUH UH, it never even came close.

I savored every single word.
Sometimes the clouds aren't enough, I guess. We need the whole damn storm.
As always, I'll start with trigger warnings . . . though if you're the type of reader

• Hold on to Hope
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • All Grown Up
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • After (After, #1)
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Trail To Yesterday
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • The Duchess in His Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #4)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Kian
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her books have been translated into fifteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, and Credence. Please look for Tryst Six Venom and Motel, as well as the Hellbent series, coming next.

She lives in Las Vegas with her h