Start by marking “Mind Reader” as Want to Read:
Mind Reader

Mind Reader

Kellan Gallo can predict soulmates. Operating out of the nightclub Heaven Sent, his charming reputation and impressive accuracy rate are legendary.

But when Kellan meets stem cell scientist Beatrix Mackenzie, he wonders if his time might be better spent pursuing a more meaningful profession.

After a lucky interview with an employment agency, Kellan suddenly finds himself
Published December 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Reader

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/2/2020)! 🎁
Bree Lauren
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
I anticipated a few things going into this book and I was wrong for quite a few of them. This was both good and bad. It was bad because I was excited about a few of the things I was predicting, but it was good because I think it would’ve been boring if this was too predictable.

The hero was a little cringy in the beginning. I thought that he was going to get on my nerves a lot more than he did. This book actually turned out to be really sweet with very low steam, so for those of you looking for a
Rochelle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second book that I have read from this author. I really enjoyed it. Kellan and Bea were such a good couple. The storyline and the characters were good and very likeable. When you are finished, you will have a smile on your face.

Leigh
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was another great book by this author. I felt it had a unique premise, which I enjoyed since some books in the rom-com genre can get a little redundant.

I thought the main character in this book, Bea, was a little different than some of her characters in the fact that she was a little slow to warm. That being said, she was independent, smart, and realistic. I enjoyed the fact that she stuck to her guns and didn't just buy into things blindly. She searched for truth and clarity, an
Roxanne Smith
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a skeptical scientist meets a man who claims to have the ability to forecast a person's soulmate, an interesting relationship develops.
Not only is there a budding romance but a bit of a mystery ensues that puts their relationship in jeopardy, but fear not, there are happily ever after a all over the place.
This is a fun jaunt in Brisbane, Australia and a real feel good tale you are sure to enjoy.
Barbara Strickland
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

This author has a way of creating humour and fun with a very Australian sounding flow of words. It is laid back and yet the characters are sweet, strong and sexy individuals who have to deal with the realities of love and some not so nice twists from not so nice people.
Fun read
R Huiszoon
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kirsty McManus, ‘Mind Reader’
He can predict soulmates…just not hers.

As a Hidden Gems ARC reader I received a free copy and promised an honest review. Here it is.

Rating: 4 stars (of 5).

In general: Romance between rational scientist and feeling mind reader.

Main characters:
- Kellan Gallo, mind reader predicting to people when they ‘ll meet their soulmate and how he/she looks. He has a lot of very satisfied customers, positive publicity and is a wealthy, very good looking man. He also understands th
Adele
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Mind Reader by Kirsty McManus is such a fun romcom of novella size that you wish was just that little bit longer so you could continue reading about the adventures of Beatrix, Charlie and Kellan.

Kellan Gallo is a handsome, charming young man that possesses a skill that's become lucrative. It's also a skill that needs to be treated with respect. Not all who meet Kellan understand and accept Kellan's skill and go to all sorts of lengths to prove him wrong. Kellan's skill is that he can predict sou
Els
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A mind reader... yeah right. That's what a lot of people would think. They are convinced that person must be a fraud because reading someone's mind is impossible. You might sometimes guess what they think because of their body language but that's only that: a (lucky) guess.

But on the other hand a certain amount of people do believe it's possible and it might be dangerous, because they might start leading their lives in function of those things that were predicted.

In which category do I belong? W
anonymousreader
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was a fluffy and forgettable story, perhaps a good choice for a beach or vacation read. On the list of pluses for me: Australian setting (always nice to have a break from ubiquitous N America/Europe settings), the hero is actually a decent person (though he starts off a bit cringey), the herione is in a STEM field (again a nice break form the ubiquitous cupcake bakers and the like), and the premise is interesting.

On the cons list, Kellan's foray into a career in the sciences was flat-out no
Susan (The Book Bag)
This was such a fun read! Kellan and Beatrix are as different as night and day, one is a scientist and the other one can envision someone's soulmates. Beatrix doesn't even believe in the idea of soulmates so how can she think that what he does is a real thing?

It was so much fun watching these two develop a friendship.... or not. Beatrix does everything she can to debunk Kellan's gift and to put a barrier up between the two of them. But something—chemistry perhaps, fate maybe—keeps bringing them
Diane Michaels
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge Kirsty McManus fan, and the release of each of her new books is like a holiday. “Mind Reader” is definitely cause for celebration. Such a fun book!

Kellan barrels into view on page one like an alpha male, but it doesn’t take long for him to evolve into a perfect book boyfriend. Beatrix is his ideal foil. It’s impossible not to root for them to discover how right for each other they are, but what keeps them apart is equally compelling.

The premise of the book is a lot of fun, and the c
Molly
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kellan has had a psychic gift for matchmaking since he was in his teens. Sometimes he just saw static. Usually when he connected with someone he saw their soulmate. Apparently, sometimes folks had more than one soulmate.

Beatrix thinks the whole thing must be a farce. Some sort of fraudulent way for him to get laid and scam money. Charlie is a believer

A roller coaster ride of events finds Kellan working with the girls and trying to get closer to Bea.

A thief, a few romantic disasters, and some
Alyrica
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting Premise

I love nerdy, intelligent heroines. When I heard through booktube that this book had that and a soulmate matching hero, I was intrigued enough to pick up this book. I really wanted to love the heroine but sadly I didn't. She was so rude to Kellan after he had been really nice and helpful to her. I get why she would be sceptical both with her logical, science focused mind and with her previous experiences but she could not believe in what he did and still treated him better. Ke
Linda
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
💕Fun, sweet romance with a twist of magic 🔮and suspense: delightful!

😍I loved this story and the utter positivity of Kellan the Mind Reader's gift. Bea, the science-minded skeptic, and her lively BFF and colleague Charlie were women I'd like to socialize with and Kellan is just the perfect hero. And the ending was expectedly upbeat and so fitting. I totally recommend the book😍😍😍

Author Kirsty McManus is SO good at producing upbeat romances with smart but relatable women. I have read and thoroughly
Tracy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

How can you not love a book about soul mates?! This is a slow burn romance as it takes Bea a while to warm up to Kellan and the whole idea of soulmates. But Kellan, oh boy, he’s just gorgeous. Warm, caring, and slightly sinful, I kept wanting Bea to just love him already! But it was totally worth the wait. I’d love to read more about Bea’s bestie, Charlie, and how she met her soulmate. I’m sure there’s a story there, and I’d read it in a heartbeat. Loved this book, looking forwar
Jennifer Wertz
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind Reader is a wonderful, romantic book. The plot is a bit different and really interesting. The characters are great. They are relatable and realistic. I like that they are scientists. I like how Beatrix is sceptical and uses science-based thinking. Kellan is charming, smart and likable. They have great interactions together. This story is a fun, sweet romance. I really enjoyed this book!
Nati
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beatrix is all about science and she doesn’t believe in love. Kellan can predict everyone’s soul mate and he does it for a living while enjoying life. When Beatrix and Kellan meet there is an a traction, but Beatrix is set to prove Kellan is a fraud while all Kellan wants is to be accepted as he is. Will they have a chance to find their soulmates or have they already met? Funny, sweet love story. I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily review it.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bea was determined that Kellan was a fake soul mate reader because of her science and personal background and was wanting to prove him a fake despite her feelings toward him. Kellan definitely felt a pull toward Bea and he couldn’t read her which was a first for him but he was determined that she was the one for him.

Crystal Denny
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok so I really enjoyed this story. It was pretty quick read for me but I was really invested in Kellan and Bea's relationship. I liked the fact that Kellan is pretty sweet and honest and "real", whereas Bea is pretty skeptical and somewhat insecure (wondering all the reasons why it would or shouldn't work with Kellan even though she feels the pull towards him) but I find that relatable. I absolutely suggest this book if you are into romance stories. ...more
Coccibelle
May 12, 2020 marked it as kind-of-read-skim
The synopsis of this books looks very similar to this other book Love According to Science. I really liked that genre so I was looking forward to read it. However, the book has a completely different vibe than what I thought. ...more
Nicole Roth
I loved the premise of this one. Beatrix is a stem cell scientist with an analytic mind who meets Kellan, a man with the ability to predict people's soulmates. Some of the plot is over-the-top and hard to believe, but I liked reading a story set in Brisbane Australia with fun, easy-to-like characters. Somehow this story for under my skin and I couldn't stop reading. Looking forward to checking out some more McManus in the future! ...more
Margery Baker
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magic versus science
Bea is a stem cell scientist. Kellan has the gift of being able to read minds to determine their future mate. When they end up working together an attraction develops. Will they be able to pursue their feelings or will her brain overrule her heart. Great characters, story, and writing make this a must read.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Nadine
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I SO enjoyed this book! I really felt the bond between Bea and Kellan. I really liked them! I liked them separately, but I also liked them together. A feel-good book that left me smiling at the end. A fun read that I can wholeheartedly recommend!
Kristi
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The characters are likeable and are great together. The story line is entertaining and leaves you smiling when you finish reading it. A fun and enjoyable romantic comedy that you wish didn't have to end.

Ivana
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A "mind readingly" good book. When I started reading it I wasn't sure what I'd make of it, but I was pleasantly surprised and quite entertained.

A breezy writing style, likeable characters and a solid chemistry made this an excellent novel to read to pass the time.
Mima7
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witty and interesting and wonderful

This was such a fun and smart novel. Very interesting premise, sharp dialogue, witty repertoire among the characters and it sucks you in with unpredictable twists and turns. Highly recommend
TK
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was adorable. It's absolute romcom fluff. Nothing life altering here, just a happy story. What I'd refer to as "brain candy," a light enjoyable read, and was a nice change of pace from some of the darker, heavier stuff I've read recently.

Stephanie
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
The book was okay... I think it had potential. I think I had higher hopes because I thought the plot was interesting. But at a certain point in the book it felt like things that happened were just being listed - there wasn't really a flow. ...more
Pilar Seacord
Sep 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Really did not like this story. Had an interesting premise. Liked Kellan but really did not care for the way Bea went to great and rude lengths to try and prove he was a fake. Skimmed a lot of the book.

• Crazy in Love (Matt & Anna, #1)
  • Heartache in Heels (Love Ever After, #1)
  • Five Minutes Late
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Until We Collide
  • Love Like Water (Hearts in Hendricks #1)
  • Desperately Ever After (Desperately Ever After, #1)
  • The Trouble with Tabbies (Love & Pets, #2)
  • The Wedding Charm (The Wedding Whisperer, #1)
  • Three Last First Dates (Cozy Cottage Café, #3)
  • Because We're Worth It
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • The Downside of Dachshunds (Love & Pets, #3)
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • The Confetti Pact
  • Second Chance (The Agency Book 3)
  • Best Foot Forward (Liberty Lawrence #1)
  • A Bottle Full of Djinn (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #1)