Start by marking “Uden fornuft” as Want to Read:
Uden fornuft

Uden fornuft

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,892 ratings  ·  1,783 reviews
Claudia er havnet i problemer. Hun kommer tilfældigvis til at overhøre den samtale, hvor Paige slår op med Iris – og Paige og Iris er det hotteste par på skolen. Så da Claudia mod sin vilje bliver sat sammen med den vanskelige og temperamentsfulde Iris i årets skoleteaterstykke En skærsommernats drøm, udvikler tingene sig i en kedelig retning. Men den sødeste og skøreste ...more
Expected publication: February 21st 2020 by Palatium Books ApS (first published December 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Uden fornuft, please sign up.
Sydney Springer It has to do with the play they're involved in, A Midsummer Night's Dream. The play revolves around characters under a love spell, with commentary on…moreIt has to do with the play they're involved in, A Midsummer Night's Dream. The play revolves around characters under a love spell, with commentary on how foolish and gullible humans can be when the romantic dynamics are shifted. You can see themes of all reflected in the main storyline as well.(less)
Em Definitely. I was hesitant going in but I adored it by the end :)…moreDefinitely. I was hesitant going in but I adored it by the end :) (less)

·  6,892 ratings  ·  1,783 reviews

Start your review of Uden fornuft
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ppl who would kill Voldemort in a fuck, marry, kill game
First of all, who let me get so emotionally invested in this book that not only was I incapable of putting it down but I also wanted to flip back to its first chapter as soon as I had read the last line?

This book was like a face mask for my soul. And I think it could really use an extra page or two. Scratch that, maybe it's me, I just need more pages of:

girls loving girls
platonic displays of affection between boys
siblings bonding over their shared love for video games
just god-tier
Melanie

“He is my small son”

I’m going to write this review a little differently; instead of telling you the synopsis of this book right away, I’m going to show you the two parts of my heart.

Best Friends & Boy Bands - If you follow me on any social media, you will know that BTS has completely and wholeheartedly taken over my life. The amount of unconditional happiness that I have found within myself because of BTS could be a thesis statement all alone. But the pure joy I feel when I know that I
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Foolish Hearts follows Claudia, who, after accidentally witnessing the great breakup of Her School’s Popular Sapphic Couple, is forced into a rivalry with the exceptionally closed-off and hurt Iris.

Okay, first of all, this book made me so deeply fucking happy. like, on a level of my soul I did not know existed I am happy. It was a weirdly emotionally cathartic read for me because it’s a happy book, but it also doesn’t shy away from the fact that these are all teenagers dealing with their own
emma
okay YES i am lowering this a mere half star to 4.5 upon reread but do not let that distract you from my deep and unrelenting love for this book

------------

THIS IS THE BEST EMMA MILLS BOOK.

How did I wait so long to read it??? How was it so good???? How can I pull the high school experience of the protagonist out of this book and live it for myself, despite it being fictional and me being 21?????

My ability to work out such questions is even more ineffective than usual, because I have DIED of
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
December Owlcrate Close-us and descriptions in the link below picture.

MORE PICS

OMG! Stick me with a fork, I'm done! I gave this book 5 freaking stars because it made me feel all fluffy inside and I need some fluff because I'm losing my stuffing! < -- And my mind!

I loved it so much! I thought I wouldn't like it. Lol, just goes to show what I know!

I love all of the characters! Claudia is such a wonderful person! She has a best friend Zoe that goes to another school than her < -- reasons.
jessica
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i wish could take the all of the warm fluffy feels of this book and fashion them into a cosy jumper to comfort my soul for the rest of my days. emma mills has truly perfected the art of a warm YA contemporary.

and i have to say that this story particularly stole my heart because of the shakespeare component and how it made everything so light-hearted and fun. this is the kind of book that doesnt take itself too seriously, so its easy to have a good time with it!

4 stars
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Reread on January 23 2018: I loved it even more than the first time. I fell in love with all of the characters so much more. This has become one of my favourite contemporaries of all time.

Original review, posted on May 8 2017: Oh my gosh, this book was so fantastic! I feel so light and happy after reading it. It may just be the funniest book I've ever read...I honestly don't think I've ever laughed out loud so much while reading a book like I did this one. Bahhhhhh! SO GOOD.
may ❀
Full review posted:

Emma Mills must have like a special sauce she consumes before writing a book bc the way shes able to craft these fluffy, emotional, heartwarming stories with important undertones is truly a work of art.

THERE’S SO MANY AMAZING ASPECTS TO THIS BOOK WHERE DO I START???

1. fantastic sibling rep:
His eyes light up upon seeing the cookies. “Did you make them?”
“My sister did. They’re just the break-and-bake kind.”
“Those are my favorite.”
“No they’re not,” Victoria says.
“Hey, how
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Shelves: favorites, queer
I LOVED THIS SO MUCHHHHHHH. If you like boybands, this is a must read. My heart is SOARING.

I buddy read this with Melanie and Jane <3
Larry H
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm between 3.5 and 4 stars on this one.

Every so often, after I've read a number of thrillers, crime novels, or even emotionally draining books in a row, I seek out what I like to call a "literary palate-cleanser," essentially a book which appears to be a little bit lighter in tone and one which won't have me eyeing my neighbors and delivery men, expecting a crime to break out.

The "palate-cleanser" term isn't meant to be a disparaging one—sometimes I'm just looking for a book that's funny and/or
Chelsea Humphrey

Won via Goodreads Giveaway
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
This was so delightful. I sat down intending to read 50 pages and instead I read 270. I honestly cannot deal with how cute this book was gahhhh

Also, and I don’t really intend to type up a full review of this, but I just have to say: thank GOD for this book about girls who are friends with each other and aren’t competitive or jealous of their friends having friends. Thank god for these women being funny and loving and supportive. I love them. I love them all.
amy ☂︎
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
foolish hearts deserves all the hype radio silence has been getting.

i know, right?

description

don't get me wrong, i liked radio silence a big deal and i'm not here to compare them in any way or pit them against each other, i just simply want you to acknowledge emma mills as the genius that she is!!!

foolish hearts gave me everything i want in a contemporary. and that comes from a fantasy type person. i do enjoy a contemp every once in a while, but usually they don't really do it for me.

so what makes this
Misstdennis
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
4.5/5 stars

"You need Google Maps to find your way out of my eyes, or at least a comparable navigation app"

Hello, hi, I'm coming to you from riding the longest a roller coaster ride of emotions of 2018.
Yes, we are like 4 days into the new year, but that's beside the point.
This book was so damn cute!
I read this book in almost one sitting, and I say almost, because for some unknown reason my boss thought my day job was more important than reading???

Yes, this is just another YA Contemporary but this
Lola
3.5 stars. This is a real page-turner, perfect for reluctant teens. Granted, it’s light and not the kind of read that will change the way you look at the world, but it will give you a few good laughs, warm your heart for sure and possibly encourage you to get closer to someone you care about.

Claudia didn’t mean to, but she overheard a breakup scene between Iris and Paige, who form the cutest couple in her school. Because she’s been discovered, Iris plans to ruin her life.

You’d think it’d be a
Lily ☁️
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lily ☁️ by: emma
I genuinely can’t for the life of me remember the last time I so thoroughly enjoyed a YA contemporary –brb trying to assemble the pieces of my heart that got lost in this book.

Blog | Bloglovin’ | Instagram | Tumblr |Twitter
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
“It's like a snort," I say. "Like a snort chortle. It's a snortle."
"Is that a Pokemon?”

This book was so amazing! Emma Mills is fast becoming one of the best contemporary writes I've ever read! By now, I will pick up absolutely anything any everything she writes.

If you want to read a realistic YA contemporary, focusing primarily on awesome friendships - Claudia and Iris are such a brotp!! - and also family dynamics, try out this book! And then read This Adventure Ends. Both are as good as the
megs_bookrack
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luxury. Affordable. Industry standard.

I will be forever grateful to OwlCrate for bringing this book into my life.

YA Contemporary is not a genre I have really felt very compelled to read prior to this. Generally, I lean more toward fantasy/science-fiction/horror. After completing Foolish Hearts, however, I am ALL about it and have been scooping them up left and right!

I was blown away by how smart, witty and downright hilarious the dialogue in this book was.

The banter between the characters had
Maureen
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

I THINK THIS IS MY FAVORITE EMMA MILLS BOOK? IDK. She has become an auto-buy author for me because she is so great at writing great characters and witty dialogue.
When Claudia accidentally overhears the breakup of the power couple of their all-girls school and is found out by Iris, the meanest girl she knows, she's pretty sure her school life as she knows it is going to end. BUT she ends up becoming friends with Iris who is the definition of a porcupine but once she opens up is one of
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I think this was more a *it's not you, it's me* thing, so I'm going to refrain from leaving a rating for now, perhaps til closer to the review date. I don't normally try out contemporary, and I'm a little older than the target audience, so I'll credit that to being part of it.

Without giving away much, I'll just say the plot definitely revolves around girl drama that seemed so silly and the trigger for it was kinda far fetched. I know girls tend to have drama over some silly reasons in high
may ➹
I am so upset with myself that I waited so long to read this.... I’m never doubting you all again these 2 are officially added to my valid hets list and I am reading all Emma Mills books immediately

4.5
ambsreads
Trigger Warnings: panic attack, grand mal seizure mentions

FIND THIS REVIEW FOR FOOLISH HEARTS HERE. SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG TO SEE ALL MY REVIEWS FIRST

I went into Foolish Hearts with literally no expectations. I didn’t know what I was going to get from this book but I figured a YA contemporary was something that would help me pass the time until I worked out what I did want to read. I was so wrong. This book is a masterpiece. I read it incredibly quickly (two days, only because my mum was home from
chan ☆
cute & forgettable

this is my first emma mills book and it went about as well as i expected. which is to say that i expected it to be a standard fluffy contemporary but not necessarily groundbreaking.

i will say that at times i was annoyed with the main character, claudia's, actions. she seemed pretty selfless for the majority of the book but her blatant ignorance to the love interest's interest was pretty annoying. and her reaction to a certain thing was.... a little childish (can't really
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

I ended up adoring this book!!! Got this in my owlcrate months ago and set it aside, I had no interest in it (based on the cover, shallow I know). Flash forward to now, I have a neverending literal tbr pile and I picked this one up to defeat that pile. It was so cute, such a wonderful story and everything I look for in a YA contemporary read.

The story is simple enough, girl meets boy and isn't sure he likes her. Add this with a new friendship and a school play, Mills created a
Kat
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2
This was a sweet, friendship-based story that reminded me a lot of a Morgan Matson type vibe. I really loved it. Iris and Paige break up in a terrible fight that Claudia overhears. She and Iris become the unlikeliest of friends, and as Claudia’s circle of friends expands through work on the school play, she begins to open up, as well as develop new anxieties. Very relatable, and the relationship that slow burns between Claudia and Gideon, as well as Iris/Paige is heartwarming. These characters ...more
Julie Zantopoulos
I legit don’t know if I read the same book everyone else did. I’m so confused by the hype. Let’s start off this review by saying I’m clearly not the target demographic but also f*ck that cause the target demographic is smarter than this, too.

Claudia (it took me a solid 75% of the book to even remember her name) is a naive, idiotic, and childish MC. She’s truly awful the majority of the damn book. She’s cruel to the love interest-like legit downright cruel. It doesn’t help that Gideon is so
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
This was such an enjoyable novel to read!

Prior to reading this novel, I had not read anything or heard of anything written by Emma Mills before. Due to that, I was unreasonably apprehensive going into this novel and I didn't have high expectations but I'm happy to say that I was wrong and that.....I LOVED it.

I could go on endlessly about the author's style of writing. It was the perfect fit to me as a reader. The writing and story flowed so well, the characters were likeable, and everything was
Allison C
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“In truth, we are rarely all on the same page. More often than not, they're all on one page, and I'm on a completely different one.”

This was a really nice, heartwarming read. Claudia was annoying at times, and I didn't understand the gaming thing but otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

The characters that stood out to me most in this book were Iris, Claudia, and Gideon. Claudia's brother, her other friend, and the side characters didn't feel important or have much relevance on the book, and I wasn't
Yusra  ✨
ahhhhh I loved this so much!!! it was this perfect blend of family, love, emotions and all-around goodness. I absolutely cannot wait to read more from emma mills.

i loved gideon to the moooon and back, a lot of his dialogue would have been cheesy but mills crafts his personality in a perfect way. he’s the cutest!
also loved the family relationships that claudia shared with her siblings (spooky tree made me cry at the end), the blossoming friendship between iris & claudia, as well as the
kazually ♡
you know that book that when you finish it, you just feel completely satisifed and warm and fuzzy?? this is that book.

there were a few things i didn't really like in this book but overall it was really entertaining and engaging (had to search up a synonym for 'engrossing' because that word sounds gross) and i really liked it!! can i be considered an emma mills fan now.

• Starry Eyes
  • Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron, #1)
  • Wild Beauty
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • Always Never Yours
  • From Twinkle, with Love
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • The Hearts We Sold
  • Call It What You Want
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Business of Love (Eros & Co. #1)
  • Serious Moonlight
  • Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1)
  • The Way You Make Me Feel
  • Save the Date
  • Listen to Your Heart
  • Catching Stars
Emma Mills is the author of several novels for Young Adults.

She holds a PhD in cell biology and is known for her YouTube channel, Elmify. She is also the co-creator and co-host of the "life skills" channel How to Adult, which ended in 2016.

Mills lives in St. Louis, Missouri.
“It's like a snort," I say. "Like a snort chortle. It's a snortle."
He moves a little closer. "Is that a Pokemon?”
14 likes
“Sometimes it's hard to know if something's for real? It's hard to believe it, even if you want it to be real. Even if you want it so badly. Sometimes it seems...safer, you know. Not to risk it.” 8 likes