Start by marking “Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon” as Want to Read:
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon

Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon

Published January 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Veil

Start your review of Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon
Coco.V
Jun 23, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/23/2020)! 🎁
Myriam
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lasasha-flame
For me, this is the second book by this author, and also the second book in her Dark Immortal series, and unlike the previous one which had a historical fantasy feel, this story has a more of an urban feel to it and I love the versatility the author is expressing in her writing style. I also love the cultural diversity the author is expressing here. But most importantly, the author's imagination and the ability to transform the familiar story into something completely original is impressive.
The
Sondra Olbrias
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Petra is a engaged young lady who does not love her fiance. However her family insists. Petra goes to the local community center as a way to make friends. Zahak is daemon prince of hell. He and his friends misfits crew are all otherwordly creatures who just want to survive and be loved. It takes Zahak a long time to open up to Petra but, once he does no one can stop thier love. The best part of this book is how each member of the misfit crew brings their own story. You can easily follow who each ...more
J
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great read/listen. I loved the intro to all these characters. A misfit group of chosen family that is so relatable. A story of acceptance and sacrifice and a love that overcomes. I loved the sweet and steamy. The bonds and dynamics of these characters. The narration was wonderfully done, smooth and easy to listen to bringing the characters and story to life. Loved everything about this listen!

I received a free copy of this book and I provided this voluntary review.
*this review is ba
Raya Whitehouse
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a reimagined Beauty and the Beast story. It was definitely a new take on this fairy tale. I did quite enjoy it. It is a good book, and really draws you into the story.

The narration was on point with different voices for each character helping you to tell the difference between each character and who was talking.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon by LaSasha Flame is a wonderful story to read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I am so hooked on now so bad I can not wait to read the rest of this series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about erotic and paranormal romance.

S
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This is supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and The Beast and to be honest I lost interest in the story pretty quickly and for me this was closer to a 2.5 star read. I was trying to understand how old Petra and Zahak were, they both acted very immature and the fact that they hung out in a Community Center made me think 18-19 y/o. Zahak is an immortal and is several centuries old and I expected more from him given who and what he was.

Was uncertain as to what Petra actually did, as she seemed to
Tina Kimble
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Not too impressed with the story but that's just me. The narrator was however very good at bringing it life. ...more
Eliza
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was an interesting take on Beauty and the Beast. I quite enjoyed the story, the plot, the main characters; however the number of side characters got to be quite lengthy and hard to keep straight. Or it seemed they were brought on and then never brought back to the story, such as the coffee shop owner. The aspect of the beast side of the story was a great take on a well loved fairy tale of mine. I did enjoy this work but I did get a little confused at times with all the characters.

I give th
Wendy Williams
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m A Fan!

This story was hot and I loved it! LaSasha Flame is a new author for me and I have to say I’m very impressed and will be looking for more of her works. I loved how the Zahak and Petra valued each other for who they were and didn’t judge a book by its cover.

I really enjoyed the audiobook detailing the friendship, budding romance then love story between Zahak and Petra. There were times when I really want Petra to make the decision between the 2 who were after her heart but ultimately s
maria martignetti
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new author to me
I really enjoyed this
Loved the characters and the story

Looking forward to reading more from this author
Reader03
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beauty and former daemon prince find their love despite all odds. I voluntarily received this book for an honest review.
Claudia
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Zahac feels out of place in his demon family. We meet him when his father is presenting him with a nymph to do with as he likes, but he does not want to be cruel and is forced to kill her, so she does not get raped repeatedly by his father. He and his friends flee to the human world to relax and there he meets his mate, a human, who is almost purely good. She shows him that he does not need to follow in his father's footsteps.
A slightly weird re-telling of Beauty and the Beast. I could not reall
Tania
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, the story was well written and the characters were intriguing. Once I started I could not get enough, from the start till the end I was engrossed I was even on the edge of my seat with twists and turns, lust and passion, strength happiness and love. The story of sensational feelings that can run through the body while reading. Do yourself a favor and buy the book you want be disappointed.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookspr
Jenni
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A modern twist on the classic beauty and the beast tale, Petra is in an unwanted engagement to a man she doesn't love but she meets Zahak and his crew of misfits and is instantly drawn to him but feels torn between family and the love that is growing between them even as a daemon prince who cant let his walls down so fast. well written with a great story plot quite different from the other retelling out there. cant wait to hear more from the crew!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprou
Lori
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a new book by this author, I enjoy it more and more! The world created in this story is fantastic! At first I thought it was going to be a retelling of a beauty and the beast tale, but it goes further than that. A new world is created based on many mythical beings coming together to form a ”family” of their own with their own pasts. I was surprised and excited to read how other tales are going to be intertwined with characters from this story! I can’t wait to pick up the next b ...more
Caroline Doig
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and I loved this story it’s a different kind of Beauty and the Beast retelling and I’ve never read a retelling like this before it’s completely original and now I will be on the lookout for more of this authors stories. Zahak who is a Daemon hides behind a skull mask to hide from his pain that is until he meets Petra who changes his whole life. A wonderful story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read.
Barbara
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Torrid Tales series a well written short story and I want to read more in this series. This is an Author I have not read before. This is Petra and Zahhak Azi Dahaka a Daemon prince's story. There is suspense, drama, danger, murder, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by LaSasha Flame; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Pebbles Lacasse
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone 18+
I absolutely love all the characters and the way Ms. Flame showed the emotions of all the characters, making it easy for me to relate to them. The whole concept of the book teaches us not to judge a book by it’s cover, so to speak. She twisted the fairy tale perfectly, making it a great afternoon read.
Dawn Milligan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a retelling of sorts same story line written differently each book of 5 looks at a different classic but with a new spin! I loved this book! Well written great characters strong story of its own! Look forward to the next in series!!! Great job!!
Tayra Sanders
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Petra running to meet new people to get her mind off the fact that she doesn't care for her fiance, but her family wants the marriage. The entertaining advantage she walks into. I enjoyed this well written story. ...more
Heather Bane
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be well written and enjoyable. I enjoyed the characters and found them well developed. My interest was kept throughout the book. I would recommend reading.

Sue Wallace
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon by LaSasha Flame.
A fantastic read with some great characters. I loved Zahak and Petra characters. Hoping there is more to come. 5*.

Kathy Mccalmon
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an adult version of a beauty and the beast story. It is completely redone in an impressive way. The story will keep you turning the pages

Elvira
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read with characters that are well developed and engaging and have chemistry. The storyline is well written and flows smoothly from page to page.

Tanya
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is based on the beauty and the beast fairy tale. This has a new take it which is much darker than the original tale. Brilliant and different

Lisa H
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A twist on a old tale.

I always enjoy a Beaity and the Beast retelling. Only this one turns it in it’s ear and does it with s twist.
Steamy, a daemon with horrible parents and a twist.

Sarah Fuller
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
this was a great take on a beauty and the beast style romance story and i enjoyed reading it, i hope there is more like this
Biggs_bookcase
Jan 23, 2021 rated it liked it
I don’t have any complaints about the narrator. He did his job but I wasn’t in love with the voice but I didn’t hate it either. Much like the story it was eh. I didn’t love the story I didn’t hate it. The prologue had my attention but then it just kind went a little lack luster after that. I am not sure how it’s a beauty and the beast retelling but the story line is good. I just wasn’t captivated by it and I feel it could have been told more cohesively. The main character was wishy-washy and not ...more

• Dreams of Wonderland
  • Dragons and Destiny (Animage Academy, #1)
  • Shadow (Touched by the Fae #2)
  • Sins of the Father (The Guardians #3)
  • Lavender Cove Shifters: Heath (Alpha Charming, #1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove, #1)
  • Awakened by Power (Empire of Angels, #3)
  • Claimed by the Demon Hunter (Guardians of Humanity #1)
  • Finding Nova (Seeking Eden, #1)
  • Medial Candidate (Spellcrest Academy #4)
  • Gisela's Passion (Elisabeth and Edvard's World #0)
  • Steel Strings (The Chameleon Effect )
  • The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)
  • Beloved Dragon Mate: Pisces (How to Tame Your Dragon Mate #2; Zodiac Shifters #52)
  • Prophecy (Lughnasadh Elite Academy 1)
  • The Moon, The Madness, and The Magic (Enchanted Mountain #2)
  • Dolmire Academy of Spells
LaSasha Flame is a new black author of dark romances from Chicago, IL.

Connect with her on Facebook!

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...