Start by marking “Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon” as Want to Read:
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon

Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon

Published January 1st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Veil

Start your review of Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon
Myriam
Shelves: lasasha-flame
For me, this is the second book by this author, and also the second book in her Dark Immortal series, and unlike the previous one which had a historical fantasy feel, this story has a more of an urban feel to it and I love the versatility the author is expressing in her writing style. I also love the cultural diversity the author is expressing here. But most importantly, the author's imagination and the ability to transform the familiar story into something completely original is impressive.
The
Sondra Olbrias
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Petra is a engaged young lady who does not love her fiance. However her family insists. Petra goes to the local community center as a way to make friends. Zahak is daemon prince of hell. He and his friends misfits crew are all otherwordly creatures who just want to survive and be loved. It takes Zahak a long time to open up to Petra but, once he does no one can stop thier love. The best part of this book is how each member of the misfit crew brings their own story. You can easily follow who each ...more
Douglas Williamson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a new take on the Beauty and the Beast story with an interesting twist on the tale.

I found the story to be well written and easy to read, with some dark elements but not as heavy as the author's previous story in this collection/series. Once again, the characters were well developed with distinct and well thought out personalities. Overall, an enjoyable variation on the classic tale and a very enjoyable read.

Highly recommended.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout for review
Caroline Doig
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and I loved this story it’s a different kind of Beauty and the Beast retelling and I’ve never read a retelling like this before it’s completely original and now I will be on the lookout for more of this authors stories. Zahak who is a Daemon hides behind a skull mask to hide from his pain that is until he meets Petra who changes his whole life. A wonderful story and I highly recommend this book it’s definitely well worth the read.
Barbara
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Torrid Tales series a well written short story and I want to read more in this series. This is an Author I have not read before. This is Petra and Zahhak Azi Dahaka a Daemon prince's story. There is suspense, drama, danger, murder, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book I've read written by LaSasha Flame; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Pebbles Lacasse
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone 18+
I absolutely love all the characters and the way Ms. Flame showed the emotions of all the characters, making it easy for me to relate to them. The whole concept of the book teaches us not to judge a book by it’s cover, so to speak. She twisted the fairy tale perfectly, making it a great afternoon read.
Heather Bane
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be well written and enjoyable. I enjoyed the characters and found them well developed. My interest was kept throughout the book. I would recommend reading.

Susan Angela Wallace
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon by LaSasha Flame.
A fantastic read with some great characters. I loved Zahak and Petra characters. Hoping there is more to come. 5*.

Dawn Milligan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a retelling of sorts same story line written differently each book of 5 looks at a different classic but with a new spin! I loved this book! Well written great characters strong story of its own! Look forward to the next in series!!! Great job!!
Tayra Sanders
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Petra running to meet new people to get her mind off the fact that she doesn't care for her fiance, but her family wants the marriage. The entertaining advantage she walks into. I enjoyed this well written story.
Myriam

Caroline Doig
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbara
Pebbles Lacasse
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone 18+
Susan Angela Wallace
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Veil: Beauty and the Daemon by LaSasha Flame.

Heather Bane

Kim Geisler-Baker
is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2020

• Witching Moon
  • My Pretty (Mischief Matchmakers, #1)
  • Goldilocks & the Three Bear Brothers (Torrid Tales, #2)
  • The Wanted: An Enchanted Magic Novel
  • Dreadful Spells & Jingle Bells: Paranormal Christmas Anthology
  • The Devil's Darling (Hell Hounds Harem, #3)
  • Restless Spirit (Hell Hounds Harem, #1)
  • The Dark Truth (Hell Hounds Harem, #2)
  • Wild Angels (Lilith and her Harem, #1)
  • Prince Poison (Gods and Monsters #1)
  • Awakening (TalentBorn, #1)
  • Monsters (Gods and Monsters, #6)
  • Freshman Witch (Supernatural Academy #1)
  • Justice (Out for Blood, #3)
  • Phantom (Gods and Monsters, #3)
  • Captive (Gods and Monsters, #2)
  • Syfoner (Gods and Monsters, #4)
  • Gods (Gods and Monsters, #5)
LaSasha Flame is a new black author of dark romances from Chicago, IL.

Connect with her on Facebook!