Start by marking “Promise Me Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Promise Me Tomorrow

Promise Me Tomorrow

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Sarah had to build something major, in her work and in her life. And Byron's searing kiss stirred wild longings in her no other man had roused. her future as an architect was in his hands. But he would trap her in a desperate passion- one never fulfilled by love. She fled to a glamorous assignment in Paris- to the embrace of an elegant Frenchman whose sensuous caress hid a ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 296 pages
Published February 1st 1984 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Me Tomorrow

boogenhagen
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have a copy and honestly, it isn't that bad. Compared to other 80's misogyny stories, this one is actually kinda good.

If you collect NR you need this for the collection, if you are a fan of the old skool Harly's from the 70's and 80's, you will get a kick out of NR doing the AlphaHole H and TSTL doormat h - really this is just an extended old skool HP with a bit more sex thrown in, but it holds together well and it was fun. It does have a plot and it does make sense--but don't spend hundreds
ValentineWiggin
Oct 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
The reason this book is so expensive is because Nora refuses to re-release it. She said it was the worst thing she has ever written. She was right. Still, I'm glad I got it because it completes my Nora collection.
Patricia
No. Just no. Next to the ridiculous German title, I didn't like the book, I didn't like the people. It's not that the plot (or .. well the thing that could be called plot when you're a very nice person - which I am not) was bad or the writing style horrible.

It's just that.. I simply hated how I felt when I read this book. It's weird and a little hard to explain, but..

In this novel, the heroine is this very ambitious architect. She wants to leave a mark. The men, too, are very much like that.  An
Erica Converso
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
I remember being so excited when I finally got my copy of this book - I thought I was bound to find a hidden treasure that Nora Roberts simply hadn't felt as sure of. Fortunately for her, she made the smart decision not to republish this book. Unfortunately for me, that means I spent a lot of money on a hard-to-find book that, honestly, wasn't that good.

Now don't get me wrong: I love Nora Roberts, and while this wasn't her best effort, it certainly was far from her worst (personally, I think tha
Swetha P S
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
First book of Nora's which has only one perspective. All her other books I have read so far, have perspective of every character she creates. Wish she had put Harris views in this beautiful story. Harris comes off as a dominant and control freak.
Amelia Elizabeth
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was bad but it was good because I was expecting the bad so it lived up to expectations.
Tania
Literati
Aug 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Three Reckless Wishes (Fiery Tales, #10)
  • Nora Roberts
  • How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess In Hiding, #3)
  • The Curious Case of Lady Latimer's Shoes
  • The Rogue and the Rival (Negligent Chaperone, #2)
  • Ways to Be Wicked (Holt Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • Insider Dating
  • Simply Scandalous
  • Velvet Touch
  • My Stolen Son: The Nick Markowitz Story
  • Lady of Fortune
  • The Island
  • Runnin' Down a Dream: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  • Blood Rules (Bloodlands, #2)
  • A Christmas Scandal (Christmas, #2)
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • I Take This Man
More about Nora Roberts...