Start by marking “Can't Buy Me Love (Sinclair Sisters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Can't Buy Me Love (Sinclair Sisters, #3)

Can't Buy Me Love

(Sinclair Sisters #3)

Three awesome series meet in one explosive book!

It turned out hell was a small town in the Scottish Highlands. Oh, sure, the locals called it Invertary, but Agnes Sinclair knew better—the town even had an old woman everyone called Satan. If that wasn’t a sign she was in hell, she didn’t know what was. All Agnes had ever wanted was to get out of Scotland, and now she was
259 pages
Published December 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Can't Buy Me Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Buy Me Love

Start your review of Can't Buy Me Love (Sinclair Sisters, #3)
Carvanz
This was such a fun story with a heroine that’s prickly, grumpy and a bit antisocial and a hero who loves that about her.

All of her life, Agnes has carried the load of responsibility for herself and her sisters. Now that she’s finally able to be free, she’s been blacklisted and unable to get the type of job she wants. Instead, she’s stuck in a small Scottish town where it’s always cold, dreary and isolated. Even her attraction to Logan can’t hold her back once her year here is finished.

description

Logan is
Mia
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Wait until you’ve been here for years, that’s when the really crazy stuff comes out."

Never a truer description of Invertary. As a long time reader of JEH books, I loved this one. It was like visiting your crazy family, comfortable and awkward, you want to leave but you have to stay to see what’s going to happen next.

Tag along with Agnes Sinclair as she learns all about the towns quirks, drinks with the devil, meets the man who can’t turn the sexy off, all while working through her Hanger, her
Ogunsina
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an arc in exchange for a honest review.

I loveeeee this book. Pleasant, engaging, humorous and light romantic read. I'm always here for this.
One thing I love about this book is that Logan was not imposing. He allowed Agnes choose and that's a virtue men need to learn.
I love the witty replies and quirky dialogue that made me laugh out loud. As much as it is predictable, Can't Buy Me Love is one you will enjoy.
Well done, Janet Elizabeth Henderson.

If you want a light,
Lauri Tribbey
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me in advance of it’s release date for an honest review.

Once again Janet Elizabeth Henderson delivers another page turner with characters you can’t help love. Agnes Sinclair always took care of her sisters at all costs. With them all settled she embarks one her goal of being a hotel manager. The only problem is she is forced to take a position in Invertary that houses a whole host of characters that make you laugh. Agnes must find out who’s stealing from the hotel and she
Kelly Vestby
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A light hearted read that has you laughing from start to finish. Janet has a way of making you fall in love with her characters and leaves you wanting more.

Can’t buy me love brings together the Sinclair sisters, Invertary and Benson Boys series in a hilarious and fun read that you can’t put down.
Monica
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the Sinclair Sisters series. Agnes is the responsible sister. We learn more about why she became that way as well as why she can be so gruff. She’s a strong character who is believable and likable. Logan is the Benson Security specialist assigned to help Agnes figure out some low level thefts at her job. The chemistry is hot right off the start.
There are cameos from many characters from other JEH books. It’s like being around family.
I highly recommend this book. It’s
Lee
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JEH book starts with smiles that move on to laughter and tears of happiness. Her unique characters come to life and somehow make your lives better. Logan wasn’t the only one surprised in the end:)
Sandra Bain
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC review. I received a free copy for an honest review!

Janet Elizabeth Henderson is the Queen of the double entendre !! Look no farther, Can't Buy Me Love is another fabulous yarn, with witty dialogue, quirky, loveable characters & a descriptive narrative with vivid scenes of hilarity and high jinx!! A perfect Holiday read!!

Meet the 4th Sinclair sister Agnes; she's tough, hardworking, unpredictable and hates the cold! Ex-cop, Benson Security employee & easy-going divorcee, Logan, has
Lee Ann
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can't Buy Me Love is the 3rd and final book in the Sinclair Sisters trilogy, but worlds collide with the Invertary series and the Benson Security series as well, so no matter what you read from Janet Elizabeth Henderson, there is something in here for you. It is also a complete standalone, so even if you haven't read any of her previous books, you can still fully enjoy this one, too.

This book is full of witty dialog and innuendo, and it is a fun, quick, vibrant read for when you want a good
Susanne
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Thank you to Janet Elizabeth Henderson and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a light-hearted read, kind of like a cheesy rom-com in book form. Totally predictable, but cute with a side of steamy, written with a lot of self-awareness and a deft light touch which made it perfect for a dark December Saturday. I haven't read any of the other books that are apparently in this series, but I didn't need to to enjoy this for what it was: a fun, short diversion toward the
Regina
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this Invertary-Sinclair Sisters-Benson Security crossover!

To be fair, I'm a big fan of all three series, so I may have been mildly interested* even before I read a single word. And all the things I love about all three series came together beautifully in Agnes's story!
All the wackiness, all the banter, all the sexiness, all the strong family bonds, all the heart-warming feels - it's all there. Plus Betty.

In a way, this book feels like one big, fat family reunion. If your family is
*The Angry Reader*
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
ARC received for an honest review.

This was basically like reading a Hallmark Holiday Movie. Sweet. Silly. A little steamy. Predictable. Easy. And cute.

No, I won’t remember this book in 3 months. Yes, i rolled my eyes a bunch. But I also enjoyed myself. It was the perfect mini-getaway. Without leaving the house.

Apparently this book ties a couple of series together. I’ve not read them - or anything by this author. Didn’t seem to matter.

Agnes has a new job in a tiny Scottish town as a hotel
Mary Willard
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The long awaited hysterically funny conclusion of the Sinclair Sisters books. What a hoot! It brings together the Invertary crowd and the Benson Security sexy guys. If there is anything predictable about Agnes, it’s that she is unpredictable. Small town life at its best and it’s worst. Love to hate them but once you are there, god help anyone who messes with them. They stick together. A fantastic read full of humour. A truly feel-good book. Well done Janet and worth waiting for.
Jennifer Johnson
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There has been only a few books I have been so excited to read that waiting on them to be released almost feels like time is standing still. Of course those books happen to be wrote by Janet Elizabeth Henderson so to say I was anxiously awaiting this book is an understatement. I have loved the eccentrencities of each of the Sinclair sisters and I was really curious how Agnes was going to get her HEA. So that I don't give anything away I will just say the Ms. Henderson did an amazing job at ...more
Beverly Bowman
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take one gorgeous snarky woman, add one sexy ex-cop, his two smart mouthed children, and a host of familiar quirky characters and you have the recipe for a hilarious book that will keep you smiling from beginning to end. If you’re already a fan of JEH, many characters from her other series hilariously drop in to offer up their opinions on a variety of topics: dating, saving the town financially, placating the local crazy woman who’s holding the town hostage with a variety of insane demands, and ...more
Rachel Ward
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars! Love love loved the book. As always Janet delivered a book that will make laugh and keep you interested. Great way to end a series and bring it home with plenty of appearances of characters from previous books.
Aneesa Bhayat
Hilariously Wonderful! 6 Stars
This book blew me away, but what else would you expect from Janet Elizabeth Henderson. The build-up of romance is superb and great humour with seriously crazy laugh out loud moments that has you running to the loo for fear of wetting your pants.
The best part of this book is that it is a combination of the Inventary series, the Benson Security series and of course the Sinclair Sisters.
Agnes Sinclair is working in Inventary, much to her disappointment, but learns
Cathy King
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It makes you want to laugh out loud and move to Scotland. You feel a part of the story. I still want to be Betty when I grow up. The hero is a nice guy without turning in his man-card. Best rom-com series.
Danielle Wythes
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book! I am so busy at the moment running a farm but I just couldn't put it down, reading until 2am!!! Such a beautiful romantic story and it doesn't hurt that it is set in Scotland. If you want to enjoy some time to yourself on Christmas day,buy this book!!!
Lynn Barnes
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favourite book, filled with laughtfter, loved and humour. Brilliantly written. It is a must read.
Chrissie
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters and I love how Janet writes them, so I was anxiously looking forward to this installment! And it lived up to all of my expectations. Janet writes sassy, smart women who are complicated and I love it.

We saw glimpses of Agnes and her strong personality in the other books, so I was a bit surprised when this book started with Agnes being on her back foot. Once we found out why, it all made sense. She has been the strong sister, the problem solver, the no-nonsense, get things
Hsu Lee
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
Agnes is one of the Sinclair sisters.
She was hired as a hotel manager in Inventary for Angus.
Good luck with that !
The people of inventary are a little cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
But Agnes will persevere and win the town over.
Logan did not know what to make of Agnes.
But soon enough, they were stuck together in closed closets.
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the
Deb
Oh Janet, you’ve done it again!

Another great read with amazing characters who draw you in and won’t let go.

Logan was everything a male lead should be. He was protective without being overwhelming as well as being “good at sex”!

Agnes’ growth from the beginning to the end of this book was awesome! She’d had so much to overcome to realise that she was worthy of her HEA!

It was also fantastic to catch up with some of the original crew from the Invertary series.

I thoroughly recommend Janet
Cheryl Smith
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was an honor to receive this ARC. I am already a huge fan of JEH and couldn’t wait to read this book. It did not disappoint. I love the way it tied the Benson Security series to the Sinclair series...so fun...and let’s not forget Betty. Agnes is not a people person and she’s in a job she trained for, but discovers it may not be the best fit. Throw in a sexy detective and life gets hilariously interesting! She’s a little snarky, but he doesn’t let it bother him. It’s a very fun read.
Laurie Cole
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where to start, this book had me laughing from the start, I actually found myself identifying with Agnes, doesn't like to be around people, prefers to be left alone...The characters are so multi dimensional, you feel like you personally know them. When Agnes was walking around town to go to Benson Security to get the cameras, I was rolling at the description of the Christmas scene on the window, you have to read it for yourself to get the full effect...Arnold the dog, what a character, and ...more
Cindy Pearson
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC review. Wow what an amazing story. Loved Logan and Agnes. Agnes came across as a hard nut to crack, but even the toughest nuts have a soft side. What a surprise at the end for everyone.
Quinn Fforde
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy to get Agnes's book! And it was set in Invertary! I loved getting back to that kooky town and seeing glimpses of favorite characters. My expectations were pretty high, but this book exceeded them. I laughed, I choked up, and I gasped in surprise. I think I highlighted half of the book because I kept finding little gems I wanted to remember. I feel like the author wove all of my favorite people, plots, and places together into a terrific new story. Agnes and Logan are so funny. The ...more
Brandy M
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Janet does it again, proving while she’s one of my favorite authors. The strong and realistically imperfect heroine and the persistent and confident hero’s chemistry is translated into laughs and a joyful read. I always love Janet’s characters, and this one does not disappoint. Sexy and fun.
Pelusa Rivera
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
So we are back in invertary and that was what I enjoyed about this book.We meet Agnes who in a tiny Scottish town (invertary) which if you have read any books are silly and funny. we meet a mean security guy who is working for Benson security and that my friends is where it begins..

Rcvd and ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) Voluntarily reviewed with my own thoughts and opinions
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Agnes Sinclair has taken care of her sisters for a long time now she’s a grumpy Scrooge who doesn’t make friends. She hates Scotland, her job and just about everything. Her boss is crazy and dresses funny. Logan works for Benson Security and is called into help catch a thief. He is attracted to Agnes prickly personality and all. This story is light hearted and funny. Just what I needed in this stressful holiday season. There are lots of colorful characters. Just a good quick read just in time ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • Winner Takes All (Checkmate Series Book 7)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • I Temporarily Do
  • Afternoon Delight (Charity Case, #2)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about ...more

Sinclair Sisters (3 books)
  • Can't Tie Me Down! (Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • Can't Stop the Feeling (Sinclair Sisters, #2)