Start by marking “Postcards from Lonnie: How I Rediscovered My Brother on the Street Corner He Called Home” as Want to Read:

It all started on Christmas Day 1993. Lisa and Lonnie were sitting on their mom's rickety yard swing, when Lisa's curiosity took over. She asked Lonnie questions about his life on the street, about being homeless. To her surprise, he answered honestly, humorously, and thoughtfully.

That conversation continued throughout the next four years as Lisa wrote questions on
Published January 14th 2020 by Rand-Smith LLC

To ask other readers questions about Postcards from Lonnie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Postcards from Lonnie

Start your review of Postcards from Lonnie: How I Rediscovered My Brother on the Street Corner He Called Home
Mike
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have so many takeaways from Postcards from Lonnie, Im not even sure I can get them all into this review. Ill do my best!

More than anything, I consider this a book grounded by love of family. I can only imagine the amount of persistent love it took translate Lonnies story from dozens of handwritten index cards to words on a page. This is not a story for the faint of heart, and I am sure writing it brought a slew of memories - sometimes painful memories - to the forefront of the authors mind.

Kristine Hall
4.5 STARS. When I first heard from author Lisa Johnson about her book, POSTCARDS FROM LONNIE, I was intrigued by the premise and who wouldnt be? She and her homeless brother corresponded, via nearly a hundred postcards, over the course of four years. Wondering about the logistics alone is enough to pique anyones interest. But the immediate questions that arise from just the basic fact that the authors brother was homeless, and my need for answers, made this book a must-read for me.

Living on
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, books-to-review
About 3 years ago, I watched a documentary called Signs of Humanity that addressed the homelessness situation across the country.  It really opened my eyes to those that are homeless and their situation.  No two people are the same and their reasons for living on the streets vary.  This book shines a light on one man's story and how living on the street impacted him and his family.

Lonnie's story could be the story for many of those that are homeless.  He had a family - parents, a sister - many
A.Borroel
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start? How about that this book really pulled at my heartstrings and I felt so much for the author and her brother. I can't imagine my siblings or just any of my relatives being homeless and just feeling so out of touch with them. This is a really touching story that makes you come back to reality and remember that every homeless person has a background, and they have someone who still loves them. They have so many stories, and this one is Lonnie's.

The flow of this book went
Stephani Farris