Start by marking “Big Wishes for Little Feat” as Want to Read:

Big Wishes for Little Feat

Rated ★★★★★ by Readers' Favorite.

When a young horse and a little girl fascinated by the stars above are brought together by a bit of fate and one shooting star, nothing can keep them apart.

Cheryl Olsten tells the fanciful and delightful tale of a young horse in Belgium and a little girl living in America who are brought together by a bit of fate and a shooting star. When
Published October 6th 2020 by Fleecydale Press

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Oct 06, 2020
    Enter to win one of 15 copies of Big Wishes for Little Feat by Cheryl Olsten!

When a young horse and a little girl fascinated by the stars above are br

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 15 copies available, 1329 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 21 - Nov 04, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Big Wishes for Little Feat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Wishes for Little Feat

Start your review of Big Wishes for Little Feat
    Whispering Stories
    Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Born on a farm in Bonnerville in the Kingdom of Belgium was a mahogany-coloured foal called Lafitte De Muze. As the foal got older he learned to run fast and jump but he was only small and he wished that he could be taller like his friends.

When he was four-years-old he was ready to be sold and he couldn’t wait to meet his new owners who would love him, but no-one chose him. He was upset and wondered if it was because he was so small. His parents told him
    Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
    Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    You have no idea how comforting this little book is!

I would love to read this to any kid wherever and whenever possible.

The book is so well written.

With all that star talk, genuine care and concern by those who care about Ella, her love for the stars and the sky and the nature, her love for Lafitte the little strong horse which everyone rejected I just fell in love with all the characters and the writing. It feels like warm caramel.

The adult characters are represented very sensibly in a way they
    Marilyn
    Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I came home today to find this beautifully written and illustrated children’s book waiting for me at my front door. It was my luck to have won this children’s book in a goodreads give away. I sat down on my couch and found myself immediately immersed in the story and delighted with the beautiful and colorful illustrations.

Big Wishes for Little Feat is about the challenges a young girl named Ella and a young foal named Lafitte De Muze face. Although they live far from each other they are brought
    Andrea
    Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    This is a lovely story about facing the challenges life throws your way and doing so with a smile. It's a story about how we are all special in our own way and, though not everyone will see that, the right person always will.

I must say that I found it to be a little too long for a kid's story. The illustrations, however, are completely stunning, they almost felt like paintings.

A big thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for providing an e-ARC in exchange of an honest and voluntary review.
    Natalie
    Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Big Wishes for Little Feat is one of the most captivating and heartfelt stories for children that I have ever read. Every aspect of this book is beautiful, from the story itself to the stunning illustrations throughout.

A young girl gets sent to live with her great aunt as her parents are struggling for money and want her to not have to go without. Here she has a great time bu
    Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
    Little Feat is a horse in Belgium who is disappointed to learn that he is the only horse in his stable who is not sold at the horse sale. His parents know the reason is that he is a very small horse. Little Feat continues to practice jumping and, with the help of a little magic, he finds he can jump over the highest fences.

Ella comes to Belgium when her family at home have money problems. Her quirky aunt sees her sadness and decides to help her by getting her a horse.

Ella and Little Feat are a
    Stephanie
    Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: children-s
    Lafitte the colt was born on Bonneville farm in Belgium.  Lafitte loves running and jumping and although he is not as big as the other horses, he practices hard to be able to jump higher than any of the others.  When it is time for Lafitte to find an owner, he is not chosen by anyone. Lafitte is sad, but keeps believing in himself.  Far away, a young girl named Ella learns that her family has fallen on hard times and she will be going to live with her Aunt Anastasia in Belgium.  Fate brings Lafi ...more
    Ally Swanson
    Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I absolutely LOVED this book!!!

This book is captivating, inspirational, uplifting, encouraging, and heart-warming!!!

This is a story about Lafitte De Muze, a foal who grows up to be still much smaller than the other horses. He was able to run fast and jump and he practiced all the time, but he still didn’t grow or get any bigger. At the age of four his owners decide to sell him, but no one chose to buy him. He continues to feel sad, disappointed, and discouraged, but his parents keep reminding hi
    Rebecca Winkler
    Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I won a copy of Big Wishes for Little Feat through Goodreads Giveaway. And I am SO THANKFUL to have had the opportunity to win and read this Lovely, beautiful book. 😁 I always do my best to give an honest review though, no matter if I bought it myself or if I won it. So everything I have to say about this book is %100 My True thoughts and feelings about it.

So, let me tell you just How Truly BEAUTIFUL this book is! Literally from Cover to Cover the artwork is Gorgeous. Paolo d'Altan is a wonderf
    Jenna Rideout
    Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: read-netgalley
    I received an eARC of Big Wishes for Little Feat from the publisher in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley. Thank you to all involved for this opportunity.

Big Wishes for Little Feat is a beautifully illustrated children's book that is on the cusp between preschool/kindergarten and middle grade. It tells the story of two lonely young souls, one a horse in Belgium and the other a girl in the USA, and how their paths eventually cross.

I enjoyed the artwork throughout this book and as a hor
    Priya
    Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This is a story of a horse named Lafitte De Muze, who never stopped believing in himself.

Lafitte was born on a house farm called Bonneville in Belgium. His only wish was to become a prized show horse and meet the person who can love him and teach him. He loved running through the farm.

But he was shorter compared to his friends, who grew taller with longer legs. He was sad as nobody bought him at the sale just because he was shorter.

It did not affect his confidence for he believed in himself a
    LitPick Book Reviews
    Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A horse named Lafitte is waiting for a rider. He knows he can jump really well, but no one wants to buy him because he is too short. So, he waits. Meanwhile, a girl named Ella is staying with her Aunt Anastasia while her parents get things straightened out at her home. As much as she loves Aunt Anastasia, she feels something is missing. What can a wish on a shooting star really do though? Soon enough, both horse and rider will find out.

Opinion:
    Big Wishes for Little Feat is a remarkable story abo
    Meredith
    Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    **I received an e-ARC from NetGalley for an honest review**

I like the story, very cute.

This seemed a little long for an young child's book, but a little short for a middle grade novel Unfortunately, the story seemed incomplete- maybe shorten the story or lengthen it, but it feels a little odd with how it's currently set up.

Beautiful artwork- some of the pictures I could easily see framed and put on a wall.

Some of the pages were a little cramped with words, which took away from the art. A couple
    Todd
    Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Big Wishes for Little Feet, a new "long form"* picture book from Cheryl Olsten, has a firm heart at its core. The story knows its message and doesn't deviate. It touches on the loneliness of separation and finds its center in connection. Olsten has some beauty in her prose as well. The illustrations of Paolo D'Altan are complimentary to the story can capture some of the ethereal magic i the author's prose. The growing relationship could have been enriched from another page or two, but a thorough ...more
    Pamela
    Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Big wishes for little feat is an inspiring story about a horse who knew he was great. Others overlooked his talents due to his small frame. He befriends a little girl who is struggling with homesickness. Their relationship grows as they each work towards their own dreams.

I found this story to be beautiful. There were a few errors in the manuscript- some lines overlapped in the story, and some passages were difficult to read with the black font being on dark illustrations. However, this is likel
    Meaghan Hurn
    Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Big Wishes for Little Feat is a delightfully immersive, well written and thoughtful children's book.

I appreciated that the adults were written in a supportive way for children to understand and that they didn't come across as the enemy like in most children's books.

Big Wishes for Little Feat is about facing the challenges life throws your way and doing so with a smile. It's a story about how we are all special in our own way and, though not everyone will see that, the right person always will.

T
    Kerry Beth
    Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you! While wordy, so may be better suited for slightly older toddlers, this is a cute children’s book about a horse who is something of the “ugly duckling” who doesn’t fit in, but through hard work and determination, he develops compensatory skills and gains confidence, learning that he can do anything - as well as the bond he forms with a lonely little girl - his special rider. I especially like the incorporation of the wishing on a star ...more
    Donna Maguire
    Review to be added to Amazon US and UK on 6th October 2020 – publication day!

I thought that this was a lovely story and I loved the images used.

The book was easy to follow and the story was easy to understand too but I thought that it ended a little quickly and could have done with a couple of extra pages at the end.

I can see this being a hit (mainly with younger girls aged 8-12) – it is 4 stars from me for this one!
    Katie
    Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A beautiful story about patience, courage and the love of friendship. Lefitte the horse feels left out until he finds his special person, Ella. Each character is well-rounded and lovable. While the story is simple, it is a sweet reminder that we all are special, even when we don’t see how. Perfect bedtime read for a wide range of ages.

I received this through NetGalley for an honest review. I received only the story text and so cannot give an opinion on the story’s illustrations.
    Amy
    Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Cheryl Olsten’s Big Wishes for Little Feat is such a beautiful and magical tale. I really enjoyed reading this cute book. I loved every single page and enjoy the beautiful, colorful and vibrant illustrations, as well.
    I am giving Big Wishes for Little Feat a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for young readers, especially for those horse lovers.
    I received Big Wishes for Little Feat from the publisher. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.
    KMo
    Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it
    I started this book expecting a short children’s picture book, but it was more of a short middle grade story, with lovely illustrations mixed in with the text. I loved the classic premise of the book - a young child is lonely and finds a true friend in a animal companion - but I would have loved just a little more of the story, as I felt it ended abruptly. Overall a nice read!
    na
    Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I'd give it a 3.5 stars. It is a pretty book, at first I was expecting to see small little story with pictures like early children books, but it's more like a middle-grade story with beautiful illustrations. I feel like the story was ended too fast, it could have been more to it. Still, it was a very enjoyable read.
    Roseann
    Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I won this book through Goodreads and was so excited to read it.
    The story was wonderful, but even more exciting was the BEAUTIFUL
    illustrations.

Any child would enjoy hearing this story and looking at the illustrations.
    I highly recommend.
    Suzy
    Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: picture-books
    Beautiful illustrations and a beautiful story. Little Feat becomes Ella's horse and it was like they were destined for each other. I liked seeing that her family was doing what was best for her and her Aunt was a good person.

Thanks NetGalley for this ARC!
    Dr G
    Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    A great story with a good message about believing in oneself despite outside pressures and influences. Good for family time.
    Connis Dayton
    Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is a beautiful book! I won it through giveaways and enjoyed reading the story. I will have to read it to my grandchildren to see what they think.
    Lisa Aguirre
    Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Loved this book. Absolutely beautiful illustrations and wonderful story.
    Ryan
    Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
    This story was overlong and boring. I didn’t finish it and have no plans to pick it back up. Sorry.
    Cindelu
    Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
    I won this book on Goodreads. It was a nice book with beautiful pictures. The ending was rather abrupt however.
    Christine Meunier
    Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is a story that is beautifully illustrated by Paolo d’Altan. I must say my children were captivated by the illustrations! Absolutely beautiful. Read more at https://equus-blog.com/big-wishes-for... ...more

• The Most Beautiful Thing