Start by marking “Big Wishes for Little Feat” as Want to Read:
Big Wishes for Little Feat

Big Wishes for Little Feat

Rated ★★★★★ by Readers' Favorite.

When a young horse and a little girl fascinated by the stars above are brought together by a bit of fate and one shooting star, nothing can keep them apart.

Cheryl Olsten tells the fanciful and delightful tale of a young horse in Belgium and a little girl living in America who are brought together by a bit of fate and a shooting star. When
Published October 6th 2020 by Fleecydale Press

To ask other readers questions about Big Wishes for Little Feat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Wishes for Little Feat

Start your review of Big Wishes for Little Feat
Whispering Stories
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Born on a farm in Bonnerville in the Kingdom of Belgium was a mahogany-coloured foal called Lafitte De Muze. As the foal got older he learned to run fast and jump but he was only small and he wished that he could be taller like his friends.

When he was four-years-old he was ready to be sold and he couldn’t wait to meet his new owners who would love him, but no-one chose him. He was upset and wondered if it was because he was so small. His parents told him
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You have no idea how comforting this little book is!

I would love to read this to any kid wherever and whenever possible.

The book is so well written.

With all that star talk, genuine care and concern by those who care about Ella, her love for the stars and the sky and the nature, her love for Lafitte the little strong horse which everyone rejected I just fell in love with all the characters and the writing. It feels like warm caramel.

The adult characters are represented very sensibly in a way they
Marilyn
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I came home today to find this beautifully written and illustrated children’s book waiting for me at my front door. It was my luck to have won this children’s book in a goodreads give away. I sat down on my couch and found myself immediately immersed in the story and delighted with the beautiful and colorful illustrations.

Big Wishes for Little Feat is about the challenges a young girl named Ella and a young foal named Lafitte De Muze face. Although they live far from each other they are brought
Andrea
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a lovely story about facing the challenges life throws your way and doing so with a smile. It's a story about how we are all special in our own way and, though not everyone will see that, the right person always will.

I must say that I found it to be a little too long for a kid's story. The illustrations, however, are completely stunning, they almost felt like paintings.

A big thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for providing an e-ARC in exchange of an honest and voluntary review.
Natalie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Big Wishes for Little Feat is one of the most captivating and heartfelt stories for children that I have ever read. Every aspect of this book is beautiful, from the story itself to the stunning illustrations throughout.

A young girl gets sent to live with her great aunt as her parents are struggling for money and want her to not have to go without. Here she has a great time bu
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Little Feat is a horse in Belgium who is disappointed to learn that he is the only horse in his stable who is not sold at the horse sale. His parents know the reason is that he is a very small horse. Little Feat continues to practice jumping and, with the help of a little magic, he finds he can jump over the highest fences.

Ella comes to Belgium when her family at home have money problems. Her quirky aunt sees her sadness and decides to help her by getting her a horse.

Ella and Little Feat are a
Stephanie
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Lafitte the colt was born on Bonneville farm in Belgium.  Lafitte loves running and jumping and although he is not as big as the other horses, he practices hard to be able to jump higher than any of the others.  When it is time for Lafitte to find an owner, he is not chosen by anyone. Lafitte is sad, but keeps believing in himself.  Far away, a young girl named Ella learns that her family has fallen on hard times and she will be going to live with her Aunt Anastasia in Belgium.  Fate brings Lafi ...more
Strawberry
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely story with some really beautiful illustrations. Lafitte, a horse, spends his days growing up, enjoying running with the other horses. Lafitte’s legs are shorter than the other horses though, but that only makes him more determined to run faster than the others. As Lafitte grows old enough to be sold as a prize show horse, he wonders who will be his special rider. Meanwhile Ella, a young girl, feels alone in a new country. Can a shooting star help both of them to find what they a ...more
Ally Swanson
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book!!!

This book is captivating, inspirational, uplifting, encouraging, and heart-warming!!!

This is a story about Lafitte De Muze, a foal who grows up to be still much smaller than the other horses. He was able to run fast and jump and he practiced all the time, but he still didn’t grow or get any bigger. At the age of four his owners decide to sell him, but no one chose to buy him. He continues to feel sad, disappointed, and discouraged, but his parents keep reminding hi
Rebecca Winkler
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of Big Wishes for Little Feat through Goodreads Giveaway. And I am SO THANKFUL to have had the opportunity to win and read this Lovely, beautiful book. 😁 I always do my best to give an honest review though, no matter if I bought it myself or if I won it. So everything I have to say about this book is %100 My True thoughts and feelings about it.

So, let me tell you just How Truly BEAUTIFUL this book is! Literally from Cover to Cover the artwork is Gorgeous. Paolo d'Altan is a wonderf
Priya
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of a horse named Lafitte De Muze, who never stopped believing in himself.

Lafitte was born on a house farm called Bonneville in Belgium. His only wish was to become a prized show horse and meet the person who can love him and teach him. He loved running through the farm.

But he was shorter compared to his friends, who grew taller with longer legs. He was sad as nobody bought him at the sale just because he was shorter.

It did not affect his confidence for he believed in himself a
Kimmie
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love children’s picture books, but I loved them with substance, Big Wishes for Little Feet gives me that and so much more!

Cheryl Olsten brought to life a vivid story of finding happiness right where you are planted, of never giving up even when things do not go your way, and that there is joy in the midst of sadness. I LOVED Lafitte and his story of perseverance. The narration was done beautifully (emphasized by the fantastic illustrations) and I enjoyed getting to watch him grow up. I also l
LitPick Book Reviews
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A horse named Lafitte is waiting for a rider. He knows he can jump really well, but no one wants to buy him because he is too short. So, he waits. Meanwhile, a girl named Ella is staying with her Aunt Anastasia while her parents get things straightened out at her home. As much as she loves Aunt Anastasia, she feels something is missing. What can a wish on a shooting star really do though? Soon enough, both horse and rider will find out.

Opinion:
Big Wishes for Little Feat is a remarkable story abo
Meredith
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I received an e-ARC from NetGalley for an honest review**

I like the story, very cute.

This seemed a little long for an young child's book, but a little short for a middle grade novel Unfortunately, the story seemed incomplete- maybe shorten the story or lengthen it, but it feels a little odd with how it's currently set up.

Beautiful artwork- some of the pictures I could easily see framed and put on a wall.

Some of the pages were a little cramped with words, which took away from the art. A couple
Todd
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Big Wishes for Little Feet, a new "long form"* picture book from Cheryl Olsten, has a firm heart at its core. The story knows its message and doesn't deviate. It touches on the loneliness of separation and finds its center in connection. Olsten has some beauty in her prose as well. The illustrations of Paolo D'Altan are complimentary to the story can capture some of the ethereal magic i the author's prose. The growing relationship could have been enriched from another page or two, but a thorough ...more
Pamela
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Big wishes for little feat is an inspiring story about a horse who knew he was great. Others overlooked his talents due to his small frame. He befriends a little girl who is struggling with homesickness. Their relationship grows as they each work towards their own dreams.

I found this story to be beautiful. There were a few errors in the manuscript- some lines overlapped in the story, and some passages were difficult to read with the black font being on dark illustrations. However, this is likel
Meaghan Hurn
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Big Wishes for Little Feat is a delightfully immersive, well written and thoughtful children's book.

I appreciated that the adults were written in a supportive way for children to understand and that they didn't come across as the enemy like in most children's books.

Big Wishes for Little Feat is about facing the challenges life throws your way and doing so with a smile. It's a story about how we are all special in our own way and, though not everyone will see that, the right person always will.

T
Kerry Beth
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you! While wordy, so may be better suited for slightly older toddlers, this is a cute children’s book about a horse who is something of the “ugly duckling” who doesn’t fit in, but through hard work and determination, he develops compensatory skills and gains confidence, learning that he can do anything - as well as the bond he forms with a lonely little girl - his special rider. I especially like the incorporation of the wishing on a star ...more
Kathy
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, I'm not sure if I can write the words that this beautiful little story deserves. It made me feel like a little girl and I couldn't read it fast enough. But...I did stop and slow down. That's because of the fitting and pretty illustrations.

This is not just a beautiful story. It is short and distinct enough to keep a child's interest. I'm supposed to say this is a children's book but I enjoyed it and I'm OLD now:)

What a nice gift for a child of 5or 6 and up to read or for a parent to read
Donna Maguire
Review to be added to Amazon US and UK on 6th October 2020 – publication day!

I thought that this was a lovely story and I loved the images used.

The book was easy to follow and the story was easy to understand too but I thought that it ended a little quickly and could have done with a couple of extra pages at the end.

I can see this being a hit (mainly with younger girls aged 8-12) – it is 4 stars from me for this one!
Katie
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about patience, courage and the love of friendship. Lefitte the horse feels left out until he finds his special person, Ella. Each character is well-rounded and lovable. While the story is simple, it is a sweet reminder that we all are special, even when we don’t see how. Perfect bedtime read for a wide range of ages.

I received this through NetGalley for an honest review. I received only the story text and so cannot give an opinion on the story’s illustrations.
Amy
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cheryl Olsten’s Big Wishes for Little Feat is such a beautiful and magical tale. I really enjoyed reading this cute book. I loved every single page and enjoy the beautiful, colorful and vibrant illustrations, as well.
I am giving Big Wishes for Little Feat a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for young readers, especially for those horse lovers.
I received Big Wishes for Little Feat from the publisher. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.
Christine Woinich
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual read, but it sounded interesting. This was the tale of a small horse with big dreams and a little girl who wants something of her own. The stars and fate brought them together. This was a positive story for children on a topic of being different and patience. It was an easy to read story, and I loved the illustrations as they were so pretty.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
KMo
Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I started this book expecting a short children’s picture book, but it was more of a short middle grade story, with lovely illustrations mixed in with the text. I loved the classic premise of the book - a young child is lonely and finds a true friend in a animal companion - but I would have loved just a little more of the story, as I felt it ended abruptly. Overall a nice read!
na
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'd give it a 3.5 stars. It is a pretty book, at first I was expecting to see small little story with pictures like early children books, but it's more like a middle-grade story with beautiful illustrations. I feel like the story was ended too fast, it could have been more to it. Still, it was a very enjoyable read.
Joseph Dubey
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great kids book about a little foal that wants to be bigger like the other horses, but finds that he can run and jump better than the others, a little girl that goes to live with her great aunt and wants something of her very own. She wishes upon a star and her great aunt buys her Lafitte and she names him Little Feat. And you can read the rest for yourself.
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of Big Wishes for Little Feat by Cheryl Olsten, Illustrated by Paolo d'Altan, from Goodreads.

A beautiful book in every way, Big Wishes for Little Feat by Cheryl Olsten delights readers young and old. The lovely illustrations capture one's imagination, and the touching story of a little horse and a little girl who become companions teaches children to believe in their dreams.
Roseann
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through Goodreads and was so excited to read it.
The story was wonderful, but even more exciting was the BEAUTIFUL
illustrations.

Any child would enjoy hearing this story and looking at the illustrations.
I highly recommend.
Suzy
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Beautiful illustrations and a beautiful story. Little Feat becomes Ella's horse and it was like they were destined for each other. I liked seeing that her family was doing what was best for her and her Aunt was a good person.

Thanks NetGalley for this ARC!
Dr G
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great story with a good message about believing in oneself despite outside pressures and influences. Good for family time.

• The Most Beautiful Thing