Start by marking “Return to Enceladus: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Return to Enceladus: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 4)

Return to Enceladus: Hard Science Fiction

(Eismond-Serie #4)

Russian billionaire Nikolai Shostakovitch makes an offer to the former crew of the spaceship ILSE. He will finance a return voyage to the icy moon Enceladus. The offer is too good to refuse—the expedition would give them the unique opportunity to recover the body of their doctor, Dimitri Marchenko.

Everyone on board knows that their benefactor acts out of purely personal
Audible Audio
Published by Matthias Matting (first published September 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Enceladus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Enceladus

Start your review of Return to Enceladus: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 4)
reherrma
Im 4. Roman der Eismond-Trilogie (klingt komisch, ist es aber nicht) erklärt der Autor die Vorgeschiche seiner neuen Trilogie (oder Serie), bzw. einen Teil der Vorgeschichte von Proxima Rising by Brandon Q. Morris Proxima Rising.
Bekanntlich ist dort der virtuelle Dimitri Marchenko an Bord des Mikro-Raumschiffes in Richtung Proxima Centauri. Das Raumschiff wird mittes Laser im Sonnensystem auf ca. 20% der Lichtgeschwindigkeit beschleunigt.
In Enceladus - Die Rückkehr wird die Besatzung der ILSE vom russichen Oligarchen Schostak
Gernot1610
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
... gute Unterhaltung mit ein paar groben Inhaltlichen Schnitzern. 3.5 Punkte
Sketchy_tunes
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
|4,0*|
Ein gelungener Abschluss für die Serie. Wem die erste Bände gefallen haben, der wird auch Spaß beim lesen dieses Buchs haben.

Ich fand überraschend, dass Morris eine spannende Geschichte aus einer Rückkehr zu Enceladus machen konnte, die großen Überraschungen waren hier ja vorweg genommen. Aber die Stärke der Bücher liegt eben nicht in den Wendungen, sondern in den immer neuen Schwierigkeiten, die immer neue Lösungen der Crew erfordern und das ist hier wieder gelungen. Es ist eine Serie fü
Strifes
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Teilweise war das Ganze sehr einseitig und hat sich deswegen etwas gezogen. Das Ende konnte aber wie schon im Ersten Teil für vieles entschädigen.
Wenn ich den letzten Satz richtig verstehe geht es in "Proxima Rising" weiter mit der Geschichte.
Gut, dass ich das E-Book schon habe. :D
Ron Clayton
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New twists, new turns, new players. Same mystery and wonder of the universe right in our own neighborhood. Set a few decades in our future, and relies on known science to spring into the marvelous "what ifs" that Science Fiction is known for. ...more
Mathilde
This book was the most disappointing of the series. It still reads well, but the end was a real let down. Although we do see how the author is leading us to the next adventure, the characters' stories feel unfished and rushed. After spending so much time developing the story around Marchenko you would think the author would have spent more time wrapping up the emotional aspect of this plot. And what happened to the new self-aware AI?

There is a crucial lack of important information. How did the a
Patrick
Apr 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed a second time

I'm reading this series after reading "The Hole" and It's not looking good. The book was supposed to answer questions that I had in The Hole but it hasn't and It's bad. I can't make myself read the ending of the first Eceladus book and this isn't working.

One of the crew left his body on Enceladus but became an AI on their space ship and was transported back to earth secretly? A year later, the crew helps a Russian billionaire to hijack their old space ship with the prom
Patrick Kelly
Aug 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Clive Cussler's novels
Recommended to Patrick by: Amazon advertising
It helps to have read the prior novels in the series to have a better knowledge of the characters, but the author does mitigate this somewhat with a few flashbacks and some characters seem to be young people who are changing as they acquire more experience. Still, I didn't find their motives strong enough considering the risks and time they are putting into the mission which is what this story is about.
The world these characters inhabit is dominated by corporations competing off-world. World go
Nancy Shaffer
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Boy, did this book suck. I am wary now of any writer who claims to be writing "hard science fiction," especially someone who feels compelled to put that in the title of their novel. It usually means they did their homework in regards to physics, chemistry, and astronomy, and everything else is FAIL. Their story world and characters show they have little grasp of sociology and psychology, their biology knowledge is half-researched, half hand-waved (non-sensical alien species, forex), and in the c ...more
Ralph
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Financed by a Russian billionaire who has his own reasons for sending the crew back to Enceladus, the crew of the ILSE return to Enceladus to retrieve Marchenko's body. The billionaire's daughter daughter takes the place of Hayato who remains behind to care for Sol. The crew hopes to make contact with the entity on Enceladus and somehow reunite Marchenko's consciousness with his body.

As with previous books in this "Ice Moon" series, the author's familiarity with the solar system and all things a
KHB
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this four book Ice Moon series.

The characters were fully developed and each instalment was unique and a real page turner.

From a hard science perspective, I think I learned quite a bit about planets, space travel and all its unique problems.

The last 15% of each instalment of these books are added sections explaining the science behind all the planets and asteroids visited and all sorts of other interesting facts.

For those that prefer space operas and military wars in the aster
Mmonchi
Es el cuarto libro de una serie que parecía que solo iba a tener tres y que ya había dado por terminada. Las aventuras vuelven de una forma que parece muy forzada y la acción tarda mucho en empezar. El cuidado de los detalles científicos que tanto destacaba en los anteriores ahora se pasa por alto, quedando en un libro de calidad inferior a los anteriores.

Da la impresión de ser un libro de transición, una forma de explicar cosas que necesita que ocurran en posteriores novelas y que aquí se deja
Rod
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My feelings on this volume are similar to the 3rd: I enjoyed the majority of the story but felt the ending was somewhat of a let down. There was a decent story, cooking right along, and then -- Ok, we're at the end now, hope you enjoyed the ride. My feeling is the author is so focused on the next episode for these characters that the ending of one volume suffers in the effort to leave a "hanger" for the next volume.

I do like the author's writing and will likely continue reading his other work. M
Juan C.
This episode of the saga feels like a forced add-on, written just for the sake of publishing one more book. It doesn't add anything valuable to the story, which ended nicely in book 3 of the series. However, I will check the latest episode, Jupiter, just because I am so familiar with the characters and want to know what happened to them in their visit there. I hope the quality of the first books comes back! ...more
Jeanette
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! A physicist writes a sci-fi story

And he assumes his audience is intelligent enough to understand it. Hoorah! Saying any more about the plot other than what the Amazon blurb gives you will mess it up if you haven't read the first three books. I'm hoping there is more to come. Brilliant writing here folks. Wow, good sentence structure, correct syntax, and very very few typos. Thank you, thank you!
Jamie Rich
Return to Enceladus: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 4) by Brandon Q. Morris

I liked the characters, but the plot sucked.
Yes, really. And the characters are pretty much flat, and one dimensional as well. It seems that the author would really much rather be lecturing on the geography of distant moons, instead of telling a story. And the chopped up ending he provided in this book didn't do a proper job of ending th book, nor the series. I hope he improves, as he does have potential.
Thomas James
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story & thoughts about life forms.

Mr. Morris says there is more to this story. It sort of seemed like the tragic end to a hopeful future and encounter with another couple of life forms including AI, ALIEN "Slime", and of course human personalities. The problem is that all the relationships end badly. So, we'll see, I guess.
Iván Braga
Es el cuarto libro de la serie que se inició con Misión Encelado.
El autor le da continuidad a la historia con un segundo viaje a Encelado del ILSE y su tripulación.
En mi opinión es el más bajo de los cuatro libros y aunque el autor busca nuevos recursos, la historia no logra mantener el nivel. Con todo si se mira la serie completa de los cuatro libros, sigue siendo una buena saga, con buen balance de conocimiento científico aplica e imaginación.
Elyse
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Still interesting in the "what if" category. But the writing style really falls flat in this one, imo.

Maybe it's from reading these in quick succession, but it's just not energizing me at this point. Thankfully, done with the series (at least as it currently stands).
Thilo Seliger
Die Story ist spannend, trotz der Logik-Löcher. Leider sind die Dialoge (besonders am Anfang) wirklich haarsträubend und trüben den Spaß. Generell der schlechteste Teil der Reihe, da ich mich diesmal einfach nicht auf Encleadus oder einen anderen Mond versetzt gefühlt habe.
Renee
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this series...

Definitely start with the first book Enceladus. I think the author is very familiar with the subject, and has helped me understand more about space, physics and our solar system.
Calvin G Vickery
Author seems to have become bored with the series

Not up to level of previous books. Characters development is poor, previously strong characters are now whiny. Plot is weak and the conclusion unsatisfying.
Dennis
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read with 1 more book to go in the series. I'm still interested and still reading. ...more
Mario Janusic
I am disappointed with the last novel from this series. I was content as how the previous book has finished, and if Brandon left it at that, I think no one would mind.
Gary Davis
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I'm only sorry that I've reached the end... It would be good to read that the evil billionaire got killed.
Rodney Forstall
AI & Sentient Aliens in our own Solar System. Awesome story!!!
Chris M
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book.
Gabi
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der russische Multimilliardär Nikolai Schostakowitsch bietet der Crew der ILSE an, eine weitere Reise zum Saturn-Mond Enceladus zu finanzieren. Das Angebot ist zu gut, um es abzulehnen – schließlich bietet die neue Expedition die einmalige Chance, den ehemaligen Bordarzt Marchenko zu retten. Allen ist klar, dass ihr Gönner auch andere Motive verfolgt. Doch die wahren Interessen des Industriellen und die Gefahren, die er dadurch heraufbeschwört, übersteigen jegliche Vorstellungskraft. "Enceladus ...more
Ron
Oct 27, 2017
joel kimmelman
Jun 05, 2019

• Evolution (The Belt #3)
  • Entanglement (The Belt #1)
  • Deep Black
  • Entropy (The Belt #2)
  • A Pivot In Time (Alien Artifact Book 2)
  • Quantum Time (Quantum, #3)
  • Xenophobia
  • Oracle
  • New Eden
  • UMO
  • Prelude to Extinction
  • The Institute: Ascendancy: Book 2
  • Skywave (The Rorschach Explorer Missions, #1)
  • Jezero City (Colony Mars #4)
  • Colony Three Mars (Colony Mars #3)
  • Anomaly
  • Quantum Void (Quantum, #2)
  • Surface Tension (Colony Mars #5)
Brandon Q. Morris is a physicist and space specialist. He has long been concerned with space issues, both professionally and privately and while he wanted to become an astronaut, he had to stay on Earth for a variety of reasons. He is particularly fascinated by the "what if” and through his books he aims to share compelling hard science fiction stories that could actually happen, and someday may h ...more

Eismond-Serie (5 books)
  • The Enceladus Mission: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 1)
  • The Titan Probe: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 2)
  • The Io Encounter: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 3)
  • The Jupiter Catastrophe: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 5)