Start by marking “Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart” as Want to Read:
Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart

Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Howard stopped doing what he loved because friends made fun of him. With grandpa's help, he learns to be true to himself. Tips and lessons included. Reviews & support resources: www.wedolisten.org.
Published April 1st 2008 by Interface Publications

To ask other readers questions about Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howard B. Wigglebottom Listens to His Heart

Ruth Hill
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: martha
Another fantastic book reviewed by my daughter! My daughter is 9, and I realize that she is technically older than the targeted ages of 3-8, but my daughter is able to review this book in light of that age range.

First of all, my daughter sometimes struggles with comprehension, but she was able to summarize this book very easily. That makes me feel good as a mother. She loves reading these "bunny" books, as she calls them, and I am always pleased that she is willing to do it for me.

The message o
Zach
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Howard the bunny liked to dance but his friends laughed at him. Howard decided he didn't want to dance anymore and he was going to try and find something he was good at the other people approved of. But Howard was not very good at other things and was upset that he wasn't the best. He talked with his grandpa who told him that he should do what makes him happy and not listen to other people who try and make fun of him for what he likes to do. In the end, Howard DANCES! The back of the book offers ...more
Alice
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This is only the 3rd book I have read in this series, but I love it. I love the story and the simple lessons and morals that are taught. I had a patron today tell me that she was looking for a book about self esteem. A girl in her daughter car pool makes fun and belittles everyone, the mom needed a resource to talk to her kid about being proud of who you are. I wish this book would have been checked in at the time because it drove home that it is okay to be your own person and don't stop doing s ...more
Rosa Cline
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Any of the Howard B Wigglebottom books you will not regret checking out-owning. They are all great at helping teach children life's lessons through a Bunny Rabbit that is their age and deals with issues just like them.

In this one Howard LOVES to sing but when his friends tease him about it he feels embarrassed and stops doing something he loves. But when his Grandpa teaches him that he needs to do what his heart feels like doing; things turn out just fine.
Amber
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A guidance counselor shared this book with the kindergarten class I substitute taught it today. I thought it was an adorable book! The kids could relate to Howard B. Wigglebottom and shared what there favorite thing to do is. The children learned not to make fun of others and that other people can feel ashamed and picked on when they do something different. A great book to have in a teacher collection!
Kristen
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This was a really cute book. I thought the moral of the story, about being yourself and doing what you like no matter what others thing, was a really good moral for kids. The pictures were vibrant and enticing. It was a really well done book that my daughter and I both enjoyed. Looking forward to reading more about Howard B. Wigglebottom.
Sandy
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
This is one of those wonderful picture books that has a great moral lesson in it. Howard B. Wigglebottom loves to dance but when the other kids at school make fun of him, he stops dancing. The Howard eventually listens to heart and goes back to dancing because that's what HE wants to do.
Danielle Monroe
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book encourages children to be themselves, to do what they want to do! It's a great book to read to children to increase their self-esteem. It's also a lot of fun because it's about a rabbit that loves to dance.
Zonia
Feb 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-school
Howard loves to dance but is worried what others will think. He tries other things but in the end finds that it better to be who he is! A guide for discussion is included inthe back.
Amy
Feb 13, 2014 added it
-Individuality
-Lesson: do what makes you happy
-Relationship between boy and grandfather
Brandi
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, animals, lessons
This book is great for children to learn about bullying. This book teaches children everyone is important and good at something.
Caroline
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
We read this to Emma...
Elizabeth Conway(Bieber Feaver)
This Bunny likes to Dance....
Daena Gibbons
Apr 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
This book inspired us to write Nate's Birthday book!
Elliemae Paynter
Feb 04, 2013
Marianne
Aug 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
University of Michigan graduate. Our Foundation is dedicated to helping young children become better listeners, learn important life lessons and feel good about themselves. Currently living in Sarasota, Florida.
More about Howard Binkow...