Start by marking “Firecracker: A contemporary romance” as Want to Read:
Firecracker: A contemporary romance

Firecracker: A contemporary romance

Arden Lennox’s charmed life may be in pieces, but she’d sooner get her hoohaw bleached than move back in with her parents. She’s no longer the prom-queen princess married to the football star. She’s a broke, penniless widow, and it’s time she stood on her own two feet.

An under-construction unit in a quaint Chicago brownstone is cheap (free), but it comes with an
Published January 28th 2020 by Kelly Jamieson Inc

To ask other readers questions about Firecracker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firecracker

Start your review of Firecracker: A contemporary romance
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just love a good romance that incorporates a set of good friends into the story. I think it brings an extra element of joy to not only see a couple fall in love, but to see that they have a group of friends supporting them. I think it helps draw a reader into their lives like they are one of those friends in the story.

Tyler had so much going for him in this book. He's a geek turned hottie, and now a firefighter. He has this strong protective need in him based off a traumatic event in his past.
Dilek VT
This was a super-boring and super-frustrating book!

1,5 stars rounded up to 2.

*********************************************

Overdose of story fillers and inconsequential conversations

There are too many characters – friends-family-co-workers etc. And of course, there is lots and lots of chit chat with those people.

They have coffee and chat.
They have lunch and chat.
They go shopping and chat.
They go to a bar and chat.

Chat, chat, chat…
They chat about life, men, sex, jobs, their partners, their goals,
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Kelly Jamieson's standalone contemporary romance about a widowed twenty-something who's desperate to find herself while reluctantly losing herself in her brother's best friend is a feel-good storyline full of charismatic characters, smoking hot attraction, lush romance and, admittedly, some predictably cliche complications. But with each turn of the page, Firecracker grew on me more and more and I came away having thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

If you don't fall hard and fast for Tyler Ramirez, I
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

After losing her professional athlete husband, Arden moves back home. The only place (aside from her parents') is with her brother. Luckily for her, his best friend just happens to be helping rehab the apartment. Or is that unluckily? Because Arden is determined to stand on her own two feet now. Never again will she allow herself to depend on another man, get so lost in him that she loses herself. And if there's ever an overprotective, heroic man, it's firefighter Tyler. Sure he's a geek
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Arden was living the life, but she lost it all after her husband's death. Jobless and homeless, she returned to Chicago to live in a building being renovated by her brother. She expected to take the time to regroup, and figure out what her next move would be, but she never expected to fall for her little brother's best friend.

My heart really went out to Arden, especially when I learned the full story behind her husband's death. She was nursing some pain and carrying some guilt
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars!

Such a great story! Loved the progression of healing for Arden. Loved Ty's patience with her. Great setting and interesting secondary characters. Nice diversion from this author's usual hockey romances. I would read it again in a heartbeat!
Crystal
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Tyler so much! He may be younger, but he’s responsible, mature, funny, sweet, smart, and sexy as hell! Arden is more than the girl he used to crush on, and together they are just awesome! A great book!
Michele
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firecracker was a well-done story about moving on after loss. Arden is a young widow who is starting over. She moves back to her hometown of Chicago where her brother still lives. He owns a building that he's rehabbing and is able to offer her free rent on a unit that is still being re-done. It works out as long as she doesn't mind allowing his friend periodic access to perform the rehab. That isn't an issue since it is one of his childhood friends that she knows. What she doesn't know is how ...more
Karen
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I wasn't a huge fan of Arden. I get that her husband dying was really tough but I suspect she was a Princess with him, just the same. She did have to come down a bunch in economics. She's strong and trying hard to figure it out.

Tyler is pretty sweet on her. He works hard. He's a pleaser and a fixer. They shouldn't work but they have chemistry.

I skimmed a few pages of their back and forth.....forgive me...I love you crap....lol, it was just meh.
April Symes
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good brother's Best friend/friends to lovers romance read that has right amount of humor, passion, feels, sizzle and romance. It is about 2nd chances, forgiveness, healing and love. Tyler and Arden are a great couple that keep you hooked in their story from start to finish. Ms. Jamieson has written a beautiful story that is heartwarming, beautifully detailed by characters and scenery and lovely in its style.

My Rating: 4.3 stars ******
Isha Coleman
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Firecracker: A contemporary romance by: Kelly Jamieson

Slow burn gives way to unforgettable. Firecracker sneaks up on emotions, playing peekaboo with the heart. Jamieson takes a different approach this time around. Arden and Tyler missed their chance the first time. Can each let go of the heartaches of their past and take a chance on finding a happy ending together? Stroll through a new beginning that will steal away with your heart.
Rochelle
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
First book that I have read from this author. Brother’s friend/friends to lovers’ romance. Good read. Tyler and Arden were a good couple. Arden has suffered a tragedy and with Tyler’s help she will be able to get her life back and in the process, she finds so much more. Good chemistry and attraction.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Michele McMullen
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Firecracker is such a sweet, sexy feel good romance!
Arden is a woman that has returned home following the death of her husband and she is trying to figure out who she is and how she fits into her hometown . Tyler has known Arden since his awkward teens . He is the best friend of her younger brother but gone are the gangly teen days . Tyler has grown into a handsome, caring, handy sizzling hot fireman . He has always has carried a torch for Arden but he knew she was way out of his reach . She
Michal Inbar
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
I think my next favorite theme is a younger hero/older heroine.

He just Chase her all over and do a lot of wooing and his behavior older than his age.

She's usually experience and mature with an open mind to try new things.

And this author can write love and sex like nobody's business
Kelly Jamieson
Dec 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` RELEASE DAY!!

It's finally here! Thanks to everyone who has already read and reviewed Firecracker, I really appreciate it!

"Firecracker is a heartwarming tale of second chances, rediscovery, love, and healing. Highly recommend!" - Reds Romance Reviews

2 more days!

Only a week until release day! I'm so excited to see some great reviews for Firecracker! I know it's different from my usual hockey books.

Are you on Instagram? I'm doing something really cool with my Insta
Mari
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Arden's life turned shattered she returned back to her hometown of Chicago. With the hrlp of her younger brother Jamie she lived in his under construction brownstone. That's where the story starts. She meets Tyler her brothers best friend when they were younger now grown up. It was an unforgettable first meeting too. He's no longer the lanky nerdy guy but now firefighter construction guy fixing her unit.

Arden's former life fell apart and things were8 what she thought so now she's all for
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Arden returns to her hometown after a tragedy and it is time to start over. She is recently a widow and was shocked to find out everything her husband had kept from her. She is feeling guilty that she didn't inquire more instead of continuing the life that she had originally started with her football famous husband. She is feeling guilty that she missed so much. When she returns home it is to find out that her brothers geeky friend is not longer geeky but hot and come to find out he has always ...more
Erin Lewis
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Firecracker by Kelly Jamieson

This is an entertaining story that had me riveted from the first to the last chapter. Arden Lennox is struggling emotionally and financially after her husband commits suicide, her feelings of failure and guilt torment her. In an effort to start a new life, she moves across the country to live in her brother’s building.

I enjoy Kelly Jamieson’s style of writing, her characters are strong and yet she shows that they can be human and not the “perfect”
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love about this book. Kelly Jamieson knows exactly how to draw you in from the very first page. We meet Arden Lennox, a woman who is trying to pick up the pieces of her life and looking forward to a better future. She will find out that family and friends is just what she needs to help her but what she never expects is that her brother’s best friend Tyler Ramirez would make the biggest impact.
Tyler Ramirez is a firefighter, a handyman when need be, a Fantastic Son, and friend but
Gladys
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a very good read. Arden and Tyler are realistic, complex characters and their story is filled with lots of deep emotions, tension, drama, turmoil and angst. Each of these characters had faults, issues and baggage that strongly effected who they were, their actions and the evolution of their relationship. Tyler was in my opinion, was a completely swoon worthy book boyfriend and Arden came across as very genuine and sympathetic. That is not to say though that I did not ...more
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Arden is trying to start over after the death of her husband. First step…moving into one of her brother Jamie’s property in Chicago. Tyler, a firefighter and Jamie’s best friend, also lives in the building and is helping remodel it.

I loved all of the characters in this brother’s best friend romance by author Kelly Jamieson! The characters, the storyline, the heat…it was a wonderful mix! This is a stand-alone full of banter and denial, and moving on and finding out who you are or want to be.
Pamela
Arden is a widow and doesn't want to live with her parents again. She ends up living in a brownstone that is being rebuilt by Tyler, her brother's friend. Tyler is a firefighter and works on her apartment. He always had a crush on Arden in school but she never looked at him as he was a geeky awkward teenager. Now he's grown up and Arden can't help but begin to notice how hot and sexy he has turned out to be from high school. Arden is broke, standoffish, sad and not looking for a relationship. ...more
Ellen Anderson
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Firecracker

This was a cute and sometimes funny romance. I loved the fact that it seemed like a roll reversal. Tyler was the one with the crush and Arden was the one holding back. The secondary characters were fantastic and I wouldn't mind a second book with some of them as the main characters.
Julie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good story of a woman returning home to straighten up her life and begin again.
I loved the story and was fully invested in the heroines struggle to discover herself and her fight to live her life as she wished after her superstar football player husband passed away and left her penny less. And she discovers friends and family are essential for her happiness and a certain friend can be the best friend of all.
Heather andrews
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imma thinking Tyler appreciates his lady's activities, "Arden felt Tyler’s heated gaze land on her. “Pole dancing?” Tyler likes to make his feelings known, "he chuckled and squeezed her hip. “I effing love blow jobs. And that was amazing.” I liked this book, I liked Tyler.
Cathy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arden has had a rough time lately with the death of her husband and finding out how little they had left. She moves to her brother's apartment building and finds a life for herself that she never expected. Friends, a job at a bar, and a thing for her brother's best friend. Problem is, she can't think about dating because she blames herself for not realizing something was up with her husband when he died.

But I love that this is a group of friends, rooting for happiness. We get friendship, steamy
Mia Book Addict
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Review coming soon...
Jeeves Reads Romance
I don't think Kelly Jamieson is capable of writing a bad book, but something about Firecracker was just lackluster for me. I honestly think it was an issue of not connecting with our heroine - she's a nice enough woman but there was nothing particularly amazing about her, and the way she treated the adorably sexy Tyler left something to be desired. This is a somber (yet still plenty sexy) read that I neither loved nor hated. I was almost more excited about some of the potential couples ...more
Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
While the book sounds exactly my cup of tea, I didn't like it because the hero constantly talks about the heroine as ''the prom queen''. Like she is the perfect, porcelain doll afraid to break, a girl completely out of his reach. I was annoyed when that happened so many times in a book, I wanted to smack him.

I also feel like the heroine overreacted at times, she wanted the attention all to herself and I just... it was one of those moments you roll your eyes at the character's action.

The last two
Karen
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firecracker is the latest contemporary romance novel written by Kelly Jamieson. This is a heartwarming story about second chances, friendship, family and love. It is also a story about learning from your mistakes, but also finding courage to take new chances.

Arden Lennox was living the high life in Phoenix while married to Michael Hughes (a pro-football player). Even after her husband was injured and had to leave the NFL, she continued to enjoy the finer things in life. However, all good things
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
  • Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Going Down Again (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4.5)
  • The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (The Herdmans #1)
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.