Start by marking “Firecracker: A contemporary romance” as Want to Read:
Firecracker: A contemporary romance

Firecracker: A contemporary romance

Arden Lennox’s charmed life may be in pieces, but she’d sooner get her hoohaw bleached than move back in with her parents. She’s no longer the prom-queen princess married to the football star. She’s a broke, penniless widow, and it’s time she stood on her own two feet.

An under-construction unit in a quaint Chicago brownstone is cheap (free), but it comes with an
Published January 28th 2020 by Kelly Jamieson Inc

To ask other readers questions about Firecracker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Firecracker

Start your review of Firecracker: A contemporary romance
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just love a good romance that incorporates a set of good friends into the story. I think it brings an extra element of joy to not only see a couple fall in love, but to see that they have a group of friends supporting them. I think it helps draw a reader into their lives like they are one of those friends in the story.

Tyler had so much going for him in this book. He's a geek turned hottie, and now a firefighter. He has this strong protective need in him based off a traumatic event in his past.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Kelly Jamieson's standalone contemporary romance about a widowed twenty-something who's desperate to find herself while reluctantly losing herself in her brother's best friend is a feel-good storyline full of charismatic characters, smoking hot attraction, lush romance and, admittedly, some predictably cliche complications. But with each turn of the page, Firecracker grew on me more and more and I came away having thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

If you don't fall hard and fast for Tyler Ramirez, I
Dilek VT
This was a super-boring and super-frustrating book!

1,5 stars rounded up to 2.

*********************************************

Overdose of story fillers and inconsequential conversations

There are too many characters – friends-family-co-workers etc. And of course, there is lots and lots of chit chat with those people.

They have coffee and chat.
They have lunch and chat.
They go shopping and chat.
They go to a bar and chat.

Chat, chat, chat…
They chat about life, men, sex, jobs, their partners, their goals,
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

After losing her professional athlete husband, Arden moves back home. The only place (aside from her parents') is with her brother. Luckily for her, his best friend just happens to be helping rehab the apartment. Or is that unluckily? Because Arden is determined to stand on her own two feet now. Never again will she allow herself to depend on another man, get so lost in him that she loses herself. And if there's ever an overprotective, heroic man, it's firefighter Tyler. Sure he's a geek
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Arden was living the life, but she lost it all after her husband's death. Jobless and homeless, she returned to Chicago to live in a building being renovated by her brother. She expected to take the time to regroup, and figure out what her next move would be, but she never expected to fall for her little brother's best friend.

My heart really went out to Arden, especially when I learned the full story behind her husband's death. She was nursing some pain and carrying some guilt
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars!

Such a great story! Loved the progression of healing for Arden. Loved Ty's patience with her. Great setting and interesting secondary characters. Nice diversion from this author's usual hockey romances. I would read it again in a heartbeat!
Michele
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firecracker was a well-done story about moving on after loss. Arden is a young widow who is starting over. She moves back to her hometown of Chicago where her brother still lives. He owns a building that he's rehabbing and is able to offer her free rent on a unit that is still being re-done. It works out as long as she doesn't mind allowing his friend periodic access to perform the rehab. That isn't an issue since it is one of his childhood friends that she knows. What she doesn't know is how ...more
April Symes
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good brother's Best friend/friends to lovers romance read that has right amount of humor, passion, feels, sizzle and romance. It is about 2nd chances, forgiveness, healing and love. Tyler and Arden are a great couple that keep you hooked in their story from start to finish. Ms. Jamieson has written a beautiful story that is heartwarming, beautifully detailed by characters and scenery and lovely in its style.

My Rating: 4.3 stars ******
Isha Coleman
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Firecracker: A contemporary romance by: Kelly Jamieson

Slow burn gives way to unforgettable. Firecracker sneaks up on emotions, playing peekaboo with the heart. Jamieson takes a different approach this time around. Arden and Tyler missed their chance the first time. Can each let go of the heartaches of their past and take a chance on finding a happy ending together? Stroll through a new beginning that will steal away with your heart.
Rochelle
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
First book that I have read from this author. Brother’s friend/friends to lovers’ romance. Good read. Tyler and Arden were a good couple. Arden has suffered a tragedy and with Tyler’s help she will be able to get her life back and in the process, she finds so much more. Good chemistry and attraction.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kelly Jamieson
Dec 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` RELEASE DAY!!

It's finally here! Thanks to everyone who has already read and reviewed Firecracker, I really appreciate it!

"Firecracker is a heartwarming tale of second chances, rediscovery, love, and healing. Highly recommend!" - Reds Romance Reviews

2 more days!

Only a week until release day! I'm so excited to see some great reviews for Firecracker! I know it's different from my usual hockey books.

Are you on Instagram? I'm doing something really cool with my Insta
Mari
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Arden's life turned shattered she returned back to her hometown of Chicago. With the hrlp of her younger brother Jamie she lived in his under construction brownstone. That's where the story starts. She meets Tyler her brothers best friend when they were younger now grown up. It was an unforgettable first meeting too. He's no longer the lanky nerdy guy but now firefighter construction guy fixing her unit.

Arden's former life fell apart and things were8 what she thought so now she's all for
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Arden returns to her hometown after a tragedy and it is time to start over. She is recently a widow and was shocked to find out everything her husband had kept from her. She is feeling guilty that she didn't inquire more instead of continuing the life that she had originally started with her football famous husband. She is feeling guilty that she missed so much. When she returns home it is to find out that her brothers geeky friend is not longer geeky but hot and come to find out he has always ...more
Erin Lewis
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Firecracker by Kelly Jamieson

This is an entertaining story that had me riveted from the first to the last chapter. Arden Lennox is struggling emotionally and financially after her husband commits suicide, her feelings of failure and guilt torment her. In an effort to start a new life, she moves across the country to live in her brother’s building.

I enjoy Kelly Jamieson’s style of writing, her characters are strong and yet she shows that they can be human and not the “perfect”
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love about this book. Kelly Jamieson knows exactly how to draw you in from the very first page. We meet Arden Lennox, a woman who is trying to pick up the pieces of her life and looking forward to a better future. She will find out that family and friends is just what she needs to help her but what she never expects is that her brother’s best friend Tyler Ramirez would make the biggest impact.
Tyler Ramirez is a firefighter, a handyman when need be, a Fantastic Son, and friend but
Gladys
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought that this was a very good read. Arden and Tyler are realistic, complex characters and their story is filled with lots of deep emotions, tension, drama, turmoil and angst. Each of these characters had faults, issues and baggage that strongly effected who they were, their actions and the evolution of their relationship. Tyler was in my opinion, was a completely swoon worthy book boyfriend and Arden came across as very genuine and sympathetic. That is not to say though that I did not ...more
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Arden is trying to start over after the death of her husband. First step…moving into one of her brother Jamie’s property in Chicago. Tyler, a firefighter and Jamie’s best friend, also lives in the building and is helping remodel it.

I loved all of the characters in this brother’s best friend romance by author Kelly Jamieson! The characters, the storyline, the heat…it was a wonderful mix! This is a stand-alone full of banter and denial, and moving on and finding out who you are or want to be.
Pamela
Arden is a widow and doesn't want to live with her parents again. She ends up living in a brownstone that is being rebuilt by Tyler, her brother's friend. Tyler is a firefighter and works on her apartment. He always had a crush on Arden in school but she never looked at him as he was a geeky awkward teenager. Now he's grown up and Arden can't help but begin to notice how hot and sexy he has turned out to be from high school. Arden is broke, standoffish, sad and not looking for a relationship. ...more
Julie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good story of a woman returning home to straighten up her life and begin again.
I loved the story and was fully invested in the heroines struggle to discover herself and her fight to live her life as she wished after her superstar football player husband passed away and left her penny less. And she discovers friends and family are essential for her happiness and a certain friend can be the best friend of all.
Heather andrews
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imma thinking Tyler appreciates his lady's activities, "Arden felt Tyler’s heated gaze land on her. “Pole dancing?” Tyler likes to make his feelings known, "he chuckled and squeezed her hip. “I effing love blow jobs. And that was amazing.” I liked this book, I liked Tyler.
Cathy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arden has had a rough time lately with the death of her husband and finding out how little they had left. She moves to her brother's apartment building and finds a life for herself that she never expected. Friends, a job at a bar, and a thing for her brother's best friend. Problem is, she can't think about dating because she blames herself for not realizing something was up with her husband when he died.

But I love that this is a group of friends, rooting for happiness. We get friendship, steamy
Mia Book Addict
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Review coming soon...
Jeeves Reads Romance
I don't think Kelly Jamieson is capable of writing a bad book, but something about Firecracker was just lackluster for me. I honestly think it was an issue of not connecting with our heroine - she's a nice enough woman but there was nothing particularly amazing about her, and the way she treated the adorably sexy Tyler left something to be desired. This is a somber (yet still plenty sexy) read that I neither loved nor hated. I was almost more excited about some of the potential couples ...more
Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
While the book sounds exactly my cup of tea, I didn't like it because the hero constantly talks about the heroine as ''the prom queen''. Like she is the perfect, porcelain doll afraid to break, a girl completely out of his reach. I was annoyed when that happened so many times in a book, I wanted to smack him.

I also feel like the heroine overreacted at times, she wanted the attention all to herself and I just... it was one of those moments you roll your eyes at the character's action.

The last two
Karen
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firecracker is the latest contemporary romance novel written by Kelly Jamieson. This is a heartwarming story about second chances, friendship, family and love. It is also a story about learning from your mistakes, but also finding courage to take new chances.

Arden Lennox was living the high life in Phoenix while married to Michael Hughes (a pro-football player). Even after her husband was injured and had to leave the NFL, she continued to enjoy the finer things in life. However, all good things
Jody
As a fan of second chance romances I found much to like about this contemporary tale. With a deliciously charming and sexy firefighter and a strong-willed heroine who’s starting over, readers will find a couple worth rooting for in a romance that’s sizzling and sweet. Surrounding this likable main couple was a cast of secondary characters, a group of friends who lend a familial vibe to the story and who have me wanting to know more about them.

Arden Lennox was the popular girl in high school, a
Stephanie Panach
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
There is a lot to like about this book. It introduces us to a an utterly charming group of friends and family living in Chicago. The leads of this story are Arden and Tyler.

Arden has been through a traumatic experience. She lost her husband and with his loss came the revelation of their overall financial insecurity. She's returned to Chicago to live in an apartment owned by her brother while she gets back on her feet. As part of that Arden is determined to make her own way and not depend on
Angel Hatfield
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Arden had to figure out when she was going to live. She stared at the email her mom and dad had offered to share their spare bedroom but it wasn’t going to happen. She had handled all the crap of the last year on her own including her husband Michaels suicide on her own she wasn’t going to regress into the pammpered princess she’d she’d been when she las t lived with her parents. She was going to have to take her little brothers charity offer instead. She would be moving from Phoenix to Chicago. ...more
Victoria Weston
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author and book are a first for me and I'm glad I read this book.

I really enjoyed reading this story and felt like I couldn't put it down.

Arden has been going through a really tough time at the moment and she's felt quite alone especially being away from her family. She used to be married to a famous professional footballer, however tragedy struck and he committed suicide. Arden hadn't realised any of what had been going on with her then husband in his mind or his life.Arden has always felt
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
A widow at age 28, Arden’s marriage ended in a hot mess leaving her almost penniless. Vowing to fix things on her own and make a new life for herself, she vows no more relationships or depending on a man ever again. She agrees to move back to her hometown of Chicago, where her brother owns a building with 4 apartments, all rented to friends and now, her.

Enter Tyler! Firefighter and her younger brother’s best friend, Tyler has had a crush on Arden since highschool. Now that he sees the woman she
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Seduced by Snowfall (Lost Harbor, Alaska #3)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (The Herdmans #1)
  • The Adults
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Conviction
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.