Start by marking “The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)

The Land: Monsters

(Chaos Seeds #8)

The 8th Novel of the Internationally Acclaimed Chaos Seeds Saga
A mesmerizing tale reminiscent of the brutality of Goblin Slayer and the majesty of Game of Thrones
Audible's Customer Favorite of the Year!
#1 Audiobook 2017
#1 in Cyberpunk and Video Game Fantasy
Over 100,000 THOUSAND positive reviews
Welcome my friends!
Welcome... to “The Land!”

The battle of the dead was won, but
Published January 1st 2020 by Tamori Publications, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Land, please sign up.
Judson Smith No date set yet. Expect mid to late March but into April possibly.

Start your review of The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)
Anne
*Minor spoilers ahead*

To sum up my experiences reading this book I will give you two simple facts:
1. Amazon states that the length of this book is 866 pages.
2. Roughly 50-75 of these pages were used to actually write about the story.

The book started off as the 7th ended; action packed with an engaging mystery in the form of the to-be-named favour. Quickly after the action (maybe 5% in), Richter finds a place to sit down and starts dealing with the notifications left over from book 7. 55% into
Daniel Leifman
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
I would direct you to a real 'Review' + Thoughts from the actual litrpg community (and not paid for or asked for 'Praise' by sheep like the early, pre-release reviews and praises u see here on goodreads) :

This is book objective review why it should be 1star from people that actually for some reason like his books or read through 1-7 previously, regardless of their dislike of the author, book 8 is just that BAD.

Oh and 'Mist village army' or whatever other
Rodger Nelson
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I love this series but this book... Yea this book I was not very happy with.... This book felt like Part 1 of a much larger book. Richter starts this quest and its not finished. This book seemed more about him increasing in power and gaining skills. Not to mention suffering from an episode of food poisoning.
5euro
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
of the 10000 loose ends only one gets tied up, while instantly opening a new loose end.
Nothing much happening in this book. Hunderts of pages wasted with inner monolouge and repitition. We are in book 8, i dont need 2 time an explanaition of the basic attributes again.
This entire book shortened by 50-60% would make a good first third of a book 8 or an good epiloge of book 7.

It would be nice to see some progress in writing and style after 8 books, but instead its just getting worse.
Michael To
Leo
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not what i was expecting.

Some inconsistency issue.
An entire chapter dedicated to poop......

Expected more from this book. Nothing compared to the previous book.
Steven
Dec 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Terrible author with an ego the size of Jupiter.
Dragan Scott
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sorry to say worst book of the series started great then dragged out rinse and repet over and over again. lots of great scenes but I personally can not stand the trope of being lost and trying to find you way back especially if you are a kingdom building book. For a series that usually has so much accomplished in each book I can not help but think what did he achieve in this book besides a few status upgrades.
Mini Kb
Chad L
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Garbage. Not worth the wait.

This was terrible. We waited 2 freaking years for Kong to finish this garbage? I wouldn't suggest this book, series or author to anyone.
Cassandra Little
Bit of a let down...

I'd like to start out by saying I've been a big fan of the books, but this one was a disappointment. The story only focused on Richter and his underground adventures. The entire book only covers a few days. Pretty much no story progression occured. It packed the punch of a short story, but was the length of a novel. I hope book 9 takes us back above ground.
Stefan
Jason
Rushed not proofed...paranoid

Loot is such a huge thing in LITRPG genre... AK definitely got that down; everyone loves reading about it.

But continuity matters too in an EPIC which this series: The Land certainly is and here Aleron Kong (AK) has epically failed. There are elements of the 7th novel that do not mesh with book 8 at all. Glaringly obvious issues that the author failed to notice and worse; seemingly refused to consider his audience feedback before committing them to print.

Rookie
Geneva Agnos
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've only read the first chapter (as the book isn't out yet!) but I am so excited for The Land: Monsters! The first chapter was fantastic, I know what I'll be doing New Years (release date 1/1/20), don't expect to see me out of my house until I read through the rest of what is sure to be an exciting adventure!

Update 1/1/20 - WOW!!!! So fantastic! Well worth the wait, excited to see what book 9 will bring :)
Kenneth Smith
Stalling

Nothing actually progressed in this installment, it mostly centered around reading the prompts from the experience gained at the end of book 7.
Scott
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series, incredibly humble and awesome author to hang out with! GNOMES RULE!
Chris Lida
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive read the 1st chapter already (available for free on the author's patreon) and actually had the fortune to have it read to me and a group of others. This book keeps with the awesomeness that is the Chaos Seeds series. I can't wait until January 1st when I get to read the rest of this amazing read. Ignore the OBVIOUS troll comment and pick this book up.
Travis
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Am I a fan of the series? Yes. Have I read late into the wee hours due to inability put down a Chaos Seed novel? Yes. Can I say the same for book 8 in the series? No.

For the most part, this book just wasn't overly interesting. Aleron spent 60% of the pages having the protagonist sitting alone in the dark explaining to the reader the new game mechanics and the mathematical justification of character development decisions. This aspect of the genre is something that draws me in, but in this
Liam
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
A disappointment in an otherwise great series

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this series, but this book was a letdown. Half the book is spent by Richter reviewing various prompts. There is very little progress made at all. One chapter was wholly gross and unnecessary. Should I read this again, I would skip it entirely as it contributes nothing.
Another thing is the entire book is spent away from any other "main" character. I'm sure the next book in the series will fill in some blanks, but just based
Matthew Wood
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Good but needs more.

The best way I can describe how I feel is it was like starting to eat a really good steak and thinking how amazing it is and then you look up and what you thought was going to be a 16 oz steak is actually a 4 oz and some filler.
Carl D.
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't know how this has a negative review already as the first chapter is all that's been released, and it's a great one! Written in the same style as all the previous books and can't wait to read the whole thing!
Sudeep Agarwal
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
It's a good continuation of the series. That said, I am not sure if it's worth the 1-year wait. It may be 800+ pages (Amazon shows it as 866 pages, but this Goodreads page shows it as 400), but it's only 25% of it story -- the rest is a lot of technical details about skills and such. And especially considering there's so much still that's supposed to happen. I feel cheated, and disappointed.
Andrew Battle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Very short book

This book had hope but decided to be mostly and intro and a chapter of shit and giggles. Try better.
James Kelly
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve made a huge mistake.

I read the first two chapters of Book 8. It was too good.

Now I have to wait another month for the book to be released.
Danny
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First dive into LitRPG, The Land novels have given me a new standard to set others to. Though I normally wait for books to go to audio(work like crazy). Have this pre ordered. Aleron has brought so many captivating moments in the series that draws out such wide range of emotions. I cannot wait for this novel.
Tommy Lasley
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Huge fan of all the books so far. Already enjoying book 8 cant wait for the rest of it to come out first of the year!
Armydoc
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chapter one sucks you straight into a battle for the ages. Can't wait to read the rest of it.
Joe
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you've followed the series to this point, you know book 7 ends with an epic battle. You also know that there's a new setup for a new adventure, one that the main character can't rely on his companions or gear. You're expecting a massive quest as things take a new direction, action, adventure, meeting new interesting characters.

Instead? Well, he's still dealing with prompts from the end of book 7 up to around 45% of the book. He also makes it about as far in the entire book as you'd expect him
Scott Reid
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Read the 5 star reviews and you will see most of them were before the book was released (and the reviewer only read the first chapter). Read the 1-2 star reviews and you will see those people read the book (suffering much pain in the process).

This book is mind numbing in its total lack of plot and story. It's 80%+ massively over explaining the MC's also massive number of new skills and abilities. I resorted to skimming entire pages of explanations about one skill or another (and EVERY SINGLE
Zachary Vazquez
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Worst LitRPG Book I’ve read yet!

I’ve been a fan of this series for about a year and a half and have been waiting for this book to come out just as long. Having said that this book is the worst. I’ve read a lot of BAD litrpg’s but they’re usually bad for glossing over world building and game mechanics for the sake of story progression. This book focuses on world building and game mechanics to the point that there is no story progression of note. Seriously if I ever suggest this series now I’ll

• The Bare Hunt (The Good Guys #7)
  • Dungeon World 4: A Dungeon Core Experience
  • CivCEO 2: A 4x Lit Series (The Accidental Champion)
  • Rebel Star
  • Light Online Book Two: Keeper
  • Irrelevant Jack 3
  • Silver Fox & The Western Hero: Warrior Reborn: A LitRPG/Wuxia Novel - Book 1
  • Light Online Book One: Farmer
  • Alumni: A Divine Dungeon Series (Artorian's Archives Book 2)
  • Sea of Sands (Dragon Heart, #4)
  • Excise (Ether Collapse #2)
  • Reborn: Apocalypse (Volume 2): (A LitRPG/Wuxia Story)
  • Axiom: A Divine Dungeon Series (Artorian's Archives Book 1)
  • End of the Faithful (War Aeternus #5)
  • No Mistakes (World of the Changed Book #1): LitRPG Series
  • Echoes of the System (Stonehaven League #7)
  • Dinosaurs! (Forger of Worlds Book 3)
  • Chaos Rising: The Realms Book Six: (An Epic LitRPG Series)
Welcome to the Mist Village!
You can start your adventure HERE:
EBOOK: https://tinyurl.com/AleronReview
AUDIO: www.audible.com/AleronKong

I love hearing from my fans so feel free to reach out!
Please Share this post if you feel so inclined :)
If you've read or listened to any of my work, PLEASE leave a review lol

This is all of my contact info:
FB The Land Forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Alero...

Chaos Seeds (8 books)
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
  • The Land: Forging (Chaos Seeds, #2)
  • The Land: Alliances (Chaos Seeds, #3)
  • The Land: Catacombs (Chaos Seeds, #4)
  • The Land: Swarm (Chaos Seeds, #5)
  • The Land: Raiders (Chaos Seeds, #6)
  • The Land: Predators (Chaos Seeds, #7)
“It didn’t work on raptors. It didn’t work on poopie. Hope had abandoned him.” 0 likes
“He’d completed a Quest!” 0 likes