Start by marking “Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)” as Want to Read:
Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)

Hurting You

(Blackthorn Elite #3)

It was such a shame that she was in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

She knew that we would come for her.

We had seen her delicate face that night, hidden in the shadows, and she had seen what we did, her gasp of horror giving her away.

She was perfection, beauty, and oozed goodness but that wasn’t going to save her from us.

No one could ever find out our secret,
Published January 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hurting You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurting You

Start your review of Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite #3)
J.L.
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
You will totally want to read this one if you like bully romances, or dark romance.

MFM. Two possessive alphas. I mean do you really need more of a reason to one-click?

Preorder:[https://amzn.to/37ETAhL
Meredith
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
There are certain things you expect when you read a book by these two authors, and they deliver all of that and more in Hurting You. They jump right into the gritty, dirty stuff, and it never lets up. This story features Cam and Easton and their relationship with Stella, the girl who crossed paths with them in the wrong place and at the wrong time.

Cam and Easton are best friends who pretty much share everything with each other. Though they do have some similarities, for the most part they are
Yours Truly, Diana *The Evil Witch*
I guess this means I’m back to reading smut.
*e-book generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*
I forgot how these smutty novels all played out. Been out of the game for far too long. LOL

I call dibs on the Savages threesome gifs. Forgive the hipster hippie clothes. HERE YOU GO. Freshly served by the Evil Witch:
description

“…have to touch myself to pretend you're there.”
Burning Desire – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Bad
C Gray
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
O.M.F.G. I absolutely love this series!! Just when I think I know what’s about to come it takes a twist and throws me for a loop!! Each book gets a bit darker in the most amazing ways. I can’t wait for more in this series!! ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
God damn...
Well is not what I expected, but I say that in the best way.
I went into this blind. Both authors are new to me and I think they may have just become auto one-clicks.
This book was full of emotion, angst, heat and dark... Truth be told I was not expecting it to be dark but the authors literally threw me through a tunnel of unexpected events and kept me the edge of my seat and frantically flip page by page.

Cameron and Easton are best friends and have been for a long time, they are
Amy Dickinson
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Grade: 1/2

Okay, okay. So romance. It’s one of those things where there is something for everyone. If you love that delicious smut, you’ll find it. If you want a romance with some greater message, written with the most beautiful of prose, you can find it. It doesn’t matter what you’re in to, everyone’s kink can be found in romancelandia.

I think one of the tropes that romance readers sometimes struggle to accept is bully romance. I’ve seen romance authors post out on Facebook, curious
E Loprete
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurting you by J.L. Beck/C. Hallman will pull you in like no other in this third installment of the Blackthorn Elite series which is raw, gritty and full of suspense. This story surrounds Cameron and Easton and what transpired one night that will change one person's life. Stella who works at the school is just trying to make ends meet as she is tired and worn from taking care of her grandmother who is suffering from dementia. Between being harassed by her boss and looked down upon by the ...more
Amber
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an incredibly sexy and deeply emotional ride! I had an inkling of what I might expect with this story, but what I found within these magical pages left me completely and utterly enthralled. It was so much more powerful and deep than I ever expected. This story doubled the intensity and darkness that we have seen in previous books. It left me with shivers and gooseflesh as I watched the fateful events that unfolded before my eyes. What an beautifully intense experience that I never wanted to ...more
Kerri Mirabella
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read all the books by in the Blackthorn Elite series so I kind of knew what I was getting myself into with Hurting You. This book is unapologetically dark and gritty from the very beginning. It is also the hottest book in the series so far . This story is MFM and is told in multiple point of views. Dark bully romance is one of my favorite tropes and Beck and Hallman delivered.

I did really enjoy this book but there are two things preventing me from giving it 5 stars. The first is while I
Jean Dewsbury
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stella's life seemed to be on a constant battle between heartbreak and despair. Both parents deceased caring for her grandma and trying to make ends meet, alot for a young woman who should have been going to university, not working in the kitchen to try to provide and protect her gran.

Until after witnessing something she SHOULDN'T her whole life was taken totally out of her control and hands.

Introducing Easton and Cameron two of the scariest guys at Blackthorn university that she has every
Courtney Green
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Received this ARC from Author(s) for Honest Review.
I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

HEA(?): Yes.
Relationship Type: MFM, No M/M.
Heat: 3.5-4ish/5
Romance: 3-3.5/5
Drama: 3/5
Suspense: 3/5
Dark: 1.5/5, I was expecting this to be dark but (to me) it wasn’t really.

While I did enjoy this book it did feel a bit..cramped/compacted cause it felt like the characters just did the same thing over and over like a loop, and I didn’t get much sense of growth in the character development (to me)
Halle Reads
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 stars

Review to follow
Abby J Capps
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hurting You picks up somewhere during Breaking You so we get answers left out from book two, which I’m happy about! I really enjoyed Stella, Easton and Cameron’s story. Their chemistry was off the charts and they made my heart hurt with all the push and pull! The story line flowed and I pretty much read this book in one sitting. Beck and Hallman are queens at writing some steamy ass stories! Really good!
thehotmesslibrary
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hurting You is the third book in the Blackthorn Elite series by J. L. Beck and C. Hallman. It is a quick paced story with dark elements and looks at the characters Cameron, Easton and Stella. As though Stella’s life wasn’t hard enough, giving up college to earn money and look after her sick grandma, nothing seems to be going her way. Striving to get on with life until one night she sees something that she shouldn’t and is thrown into the path of Cameron and Easton.

Made to do their bidding,
Yoneidis Martín Martínez
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stella is a girl who works in a cafeteria to cover the expenses of her and her grandma who suffers from dementia. One night throwing away the trash, she sees how 2 boys put a body in the trunk of their car. When they see her, She escapes scared but they manage to catch her and threaten her not to go to the police. After that, they harass her at work, at her house...
It all started as a game for them, to see how much Stella was able to obey them, but slowly things get more complicated between
Rosie
I really hate writing reviews that are under 4 stars but unfortunately that's the case with this one.

I have really struggled with this whole series because I don't think there is anything romantic about any of these books. It is glorifying toxic and abusive relationships and demeaning women. It's giving women the idea that they should allow to be treated this way because it's better than the alternative, and to me that is one of the worst messages you can give. It was also entirely too
Dayang
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Can be read as a standalone even though it's part of a series.

-Bully Romance. You need to keep an open-mind when reading this book and brace yourself because it some parts may trigger you—like physical abuse, sexual abuse, murder and kidnapping.

Let me just point out that I don't condone any bad doing in this book. It's a book, it's fiction... that's why I indulged myself because I was curious and intrigued about Cameron, Easton and Stella's dynamic.

I was hooked from the first page to the
Crystal Bell
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The moment Stella witness something she shouldn’t have are to run. There is no escaping two males standing before her. They know she saw them and determined to keep her from telling anyone . Stellas life will change from this moment.

I enjoyed every word of this book. From the first word to he last. Great dark romance , Thats did push me to my limits. It did take me a while to warm up to Cameron and Easton , However that is to be expected . Stella did bring out the good in them . I really
R Rais
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Always hard to write an under four review, I wanna tell you that first.

New author duet for me. Excited to read their book since Zon keep popping their books on my "similar to your read" list.

Bully romance is... How to put this...tricky.

One thin line makes the bully a-hole you wanna punch but all too yummy for the suppose to be victim fight back.

But when that thin line Cross, that bully is just a-hole with no redemption what so ever.

And a heroin with backbone? It's the most important for me
Karin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy bully romances a lot and the darker the better so I really enjoy the way this duo writes them. Stella accidentally witnesses something by accident and Cameron and Easton now want to make sure she keeps her mouth shut and will go by it by any means necessary. They basically torment and use her without realizing they are becoming more and more attached to her and she balances out there darkness. I enjoy crazy lol so I really liked Cam and Easton but Stella was a bit weak at first for me ...more
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
"Fear is a powerful motive and as long as she's afraid, she'll do whatever we tell her to do."

Cameron and Easton are best friends that are very different. Cam is the sweet, jock with a panty dropping smile. Easton is dark and broody. He is quiet but dangerous.

Stella is caught in the wrong time in the wrong place and now she is at their mercy.

Hurting You is filled with drama and angst. Steamy men and their VERY dirty mouths.

I always enjoy these authors writing together.
Tammy
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in the series but can be read as a stand-alone. Stella witnesses something she shouldn’t have and ends up in the clutches of Cameron and Easton. This is a fast-paced read with plenty of drama and intense steamy chemistry. I was hooked from beginning to end. I loved it.
Lisa Roberts
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cam and Easton are a force you don't want to screw with and Stella appears at the worst time. She is so innocent and Cam and Easton are pure Alpha in the bossiest way they get what they want always and Stella is it.
This is just the right amount of dark and keeps you at the edge through the whole book it's intense and fast paced. The writing is fantastic and I loved every word.
RLoves2Read
Storyline 3
Overall Rating 3
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Stella had dreams of going to college but that all got sidetracked years ago when due to some unfortunate circumstances she becomes the primary caregiver for her sweet grandma. So instead of going to college and getting all the experiences that come along with that, she splits all her time between taking care of her gram and working long hours for a shitty boss in the kitchen at the prestigious Blackthorn
Hanan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3 1/2 stars**
I’ve read the previous books in the series and really liked them.
So I was looking forward to Hurting You very much.
It’s well written.
With a gripping plot and storyline.
It had my attention from the get go.
All the way till the very end.
I liked Cameron.
He gives and takes.
He knows when to push and knows when to use sweetness.
While he was intrigued by the Stella from the start.
He was still worried about what she would do with what she saw.
Which is reasonable and understandable.
So while
Katie Condie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Review Hurting You by J.L. Beck & Cassandra Hallman

“I’m the prey, and they’re the big bad wolves. Now the only question is, am I going to let them control me? Or am I going to fight back?”

Wow. Talk about dark, steamy, and angsty all wrapped up into one forbidden bow. These authors take you on a ride like none other. J.L. Beck & Cassandra Hallman know how to make something wrong seem oh so right. This is the third instalment of the Black Thorn Elite Series, and this book features
Marcie
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An intensely hot bully romance

Stella is just a young woman that is trying to make it day to day working in the cafeteria at Blackthorn university and taking care of her grandma. One day all that changes - just because she was in the wrong place and witnessed something that she wasn’t meant to see.
Easton and Cam are best friends, brothers without the blood bond but brothers just the same. When they see the beautiful girl that saw what they were doing, they knew that they couldn’t hurt her. That
Catreena
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, arc
HURTING YOU (Blackthorn Elite 3)
J.L.BECK & C.Hallman
Releases 17th Jan

#arc #arcreader #amreading #currentlyreading #reader #reviewer #bully #sensitivecontent #collegebully #blackthornelite #HurtingYou #MFM #darkbullyromance #darkcollegebullyromance

POV: Multi

Cameron, Easton & Stella

Getting the first job she could when she left school. Stella gets a job at Blackthorn in the cafeteria. Since her parents died when she was younger, it's just her and her Grandma. Now that her Grandma
Meghan
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sinfully Hot Bully Romance

I really enjoyed Hurting You. It's supposed to be a dark romance and it has elements of that but really it isn't that intense as far as dark romances go. The story is good. Easton, Cam, and Stella are well realized characters, but I was left wanting to hear more from Stella. Easton and Cam come through loud and clear but she gets lost a bit. This is part of a larger series so you don't get 100% of everything that's going on with secondary characters because they have
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Kissing & Telling (Breaking The Rules #1)
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • This Christmas
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Bull (Reapers MC #7)
  • Seductive
  • Humans Must Kneel (Possessive Aliens, #3)
  • Accidental Shield
  • Secret Baby
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • All I Want Is A Kiss
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

Blackthorn Elite (3 books)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Breaking You (Blackthorn Elite #2)