Start by marking “Desert King (Royal Bastards MC: Santa Fe, NM, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desert King (Royal Bastards MC: Santa Fe, NM, #1)

Desert King

(Royal Bastards MC: Santa Fe, NM #1)

You need to be tough to survive living in the desert. It's ruled by outlaws, gangs, cartels, and dirty kings. Now the new Prez of the Royal Bastards MC has set his sights on me. But he's not the only dark ruler who wants a queen.

I'm caught between rivals. Fought over like a prize.
But I'm no man's possession. I'm as wild as the desert itself, full of rough edges and hair
Kindle Edition
Published May 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Desert King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert King

Start your review of Desert King (Royal Bastards MC: Santa Fe, NM, #1)
Shirl
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
Pretty good for a short book. It was all hate then suddenly it was love. I know there is a thin line between love and hate but they changed supper quick. Maybe if she has another in this series the author will go into more details.
Gladys
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great way to kick-off this exciting new series! This novella length read will quickly capture your interest and keep you fully engaged as the intense storyline unfolds. I thought that Amber, Tarak and Edge were complex and compelling characters. Your emotions and loyalties will be tested as you learn more about these characters, relationships develop and feelings come into play. Can't wait for book two! This is my frank, freely posted review. ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This intriguing story will have you backing Amber on her journey of self discovery. She has battled COVID and won. Now she is the prize that the MC alpha's Edge and Tarak wants. Amber sees herself as a woman coming into her own. When Edge had his chance he blew it so Tarak came into her life and a relationship developed but Edge wants what he can't have. Will all out war erupt or can Amber help Edge to see the error of his ways and give up by sending her back to Tarak?

I received a free copy of t
Madeleine
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was good!! Amber decides to leave Florida and is trying to start her life over while on her way, she runs into some trouble and is rescued by a motorcycle riding, leather wearing, sexy MC alpha. From there, life just keeps throwing things at her. What rise can possibly go wrong? Loved every word of this book. Can't wait for #2. ...more
Vickie Beams
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant! I was so caught up in the Tarak, Edge and Amber chemistry that the world had just melted away. The dynamics of them will keep you spellbound. I can't wait for the next book!! ...more
Cynthia Carpenter
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amber, Tarak, and Edge take you right from the beginning on a edgey, emotional, twisted and heartbreaking read that will have your head and heart battling over who is right and wrong. Pulled me right in and didn't let go. I can't wait to read the next one. ...more
Lisa Menor
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After a life changing couple of years, Amber is fleeing Florida in search of a little adventure and a new life. She would most definitely be getting both.
Amber runs into a little trouble and is rescued by a group of harda$$ bikers, aka the Black Scorpions. Their leader Edge doesn't know what to make of her, but he's intrigued. Edge takes her to the club's bar Triple X. I don't know how safe she'll be there, considering the wall to wall bikers, but when a rival club shows up, all bets are off.
Tar
G
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a good, quick read. Amber, a covid 19 survivor decides she's ready to start a new life. Leaving Florida, she heads to Santa Fe only to break down before she gets there.
Edge, Bloody Scorpion MC President and his crew pass by her broken down car and stop to help. After taking her back to their strip club Edges enemy Tarak, Royal Bastards MC President comes strolling in with some of his members. Tarak and Edge have a long bitter history and things won't be getting better any time soon sinc
Alana
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The desert just got a little hotter! If you want to read a story to bolster your idea that romance is alive and well. A story that restores a bit more hope to this troubled world we live in, and had enough angst to make you turn the page, then you've found it in Desert King. Jax Hart has written this little gem to see you through.

It's not about mega backstory and long internal monologues. It's a story of finding what means the most after losing what you thought was everything. Cryptic review? N
Penny Ellgass
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is about surviving civil and living your life.
Amber is a survivor, flat lined twice, 6 weeks on a ventilator, starting to live her life
Tara is a survivor of loss. Native American and a King to his town and Mc who he saved through the hard times of the virus.
Read the journey these survivors must take to reach life they were meant to live.

Krista
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Jax Hart for a short time, just finding his books. I downloaded Desert King last night, and I was up until 4am, reading it cover to cover. This book was so perfectly written for the times we are going thru right now.

Falling in love is never easy, losing a love is very hard and everything Amber, Tarak and Edge went thru showed us all that. I am very thankful I was able to read the book, it was a great read. Another Royal Bastard book you wont be able to put down!
J. Ockenhouse
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don't think just because she is little like a mouse that she's weak. She survived the evil "C" word and now is caught in the middle of two MC's.

I love this story. It's got the drama and our MC guys are alpha on the outside but fluff where it counts. Lots of secrets and haunts of the past.

I can't wait for Edge story!!! I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Sue
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
She's caught between to Kings of the desert. Edge of the Black scorpians and Tarak of the Bastards MC. She was travelling down the road until her car dies on her. She's recovered from a deadly illness and just wants to start over somewhere. both the prez's of these MC's want her but not her perse vs the woman they both loved who looks like her. There's a lot going on in this book and a challenge to read. HEA ...more
Ann L
Shelves: reviewed
This is a realistic story by Jax Hart involving the recent pandemic in which survivor Amber just wants to live life, when her car breaks down in the desert she finds herself in the middle of an MC war between Tarek and Edge.
Wonderfully written, with great characters, I wish it had been longer and that we heard more between Amber and Tarek, I can't wait to read the next book, Desert Rose.

I received a copy and I am voluntarily leaving my own honest opinion
Monica Randau
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very pleasantly surprised with this fantastic read by Jax Hart. I was excited to see one of my favorite characters show up from one of his other series that I absolutely love. This story is fast paced, intriguing and I couldn't put the book down once I started and this says a lot because I don't have a lot of time to read. You can't help but fall in love with the heroine in this story. She is one badass chick and would love to have her on my side. Overall great read and definitely one that I hig ...more
Denise long
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow even though I have read many books by this author he never ceases to amaze me with his writing.. This book was amazing. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down..had me sucked in and hooked from start to finish. Loved how he took real life circumstances and added them in the book with Amber being a survivor.. if you haven't checked out this amazing book yet then what are you waiting for . You won't be disappointed whatsoever when you go one click it . I highly recommend it to anyone ...more
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

I have to admit Mouse kept me guessing all the way to the end. The back and forth between two MC clubs was a way to keep me reading, but I had to take a star away because it didn't go the way I thought it should. Okay, not really that. Jax kind of left it hanging when it came to Tarak, Mouse, and Edge. I know it doesn't seem like that to a point, but I felt the story was 100% fulfilled. I felt that there wasn't an ending for Edge. And I really really liked his character. Food for thought.
Lady Raven Books
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. This is not a typical MC story. You get love and passion. My heart is all for Amber. Tarak makes you fall in love with him. Even Edge is a well crafted character. I absolutely want more. The writing and flow of this book is top notch. I absolutely recommend this book.
Megan Jacob
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amber wants to start over but doesn't realize that the reluctant help she takes puts her in the middle of vendetta. This is quite a journey in past hurts and surviving. The men of Creed are in this story so it does have a nice group of guys. Love this crossover and as usual Mr. Hart writes a grays story. This is my honest review for a book I volunteered to read. ...more
Sue
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Written magic - Just remember to breathe! A saga to break and melt your heart. Jax Hart takes us on an emotional journey through the interconnected lives of Edge, Tarak, and Amber - and I became so engrossed in the characters that I felt their pain, their anger, their indecision, and their journey to redemption, survival, and what it takes to comes out on the other side of darkness. It was sensual, it grabbed me and held on long after I turned the last page. Fabulous read - can’t wait to see whe ...more
Rosa C Moreno
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book must read

Another great book by Jax Hart that you must read. Amber is a survivor and wants to start her second chance in life by been more confident. After her drive to her to her new destination, she finds herself caught between two rivals, Tarak and Edge. Love Tarak and Amber (and Edge) story. can’t wait for book two!
Jan Grass
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this story but it needed to be longer and include a little hot times!!!
domestic_godess_reads
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmm

I liked it. The story drew me in and kept me interested but then it just ended. I wanted more Tarek and Amber. The ending was way to rush and abrupt.
Melissa
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Whew! What a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I for sure thought I was team Edge.. them I was team Tarak.. then back to Edge... then back to Tarak. Pretty quick read.. good standalone, I have not read the others in the series (multiple authors) but overall good read.
Angelica Larsson
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wellwritten and actionpacked pageturner with a superb storyline and gorgeous characters. Love the chemistry between Amber, Tarak and Edge. Will definitely check out other books in this series.

Lynn Stifle
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely incredible! Amber is a survivor and ready to start her new life. Soon she finds herself caught between two rivals, Tarak and Edge. Tarak and Edge are both complex and intriguing characters. I fell in love with Tarak and Amber will steal your heart. This story has all the feels, it’s amazingly written, the perfect amount of excitement to keep you glued to the pages, and a book you won't want to put down. I definitely recommend this book and can’t wait for book two!
Kristi
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A little mouse looking to embrace life tumbles into a world of chaos, blood shed, and war. This was an entertaining read with a unique storyline. I really enjoyed the Creed MC crossover and I look forward to seeing where this series goes.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
DESERT KING by Jax Hart is book one in the Royal Bastards MC: Santa Fe, NM Series. This is the story of Amber, Edge and Tarak and is a love triangle. Edge and Tarak are in different rival biker clubs but both want the same women...Amber. Amber has won her battle with CV19 and is now how to look into a new adventures life but finds she is caught between two biker men. Both she feels something for but only one can have her heart fully. Enjoyed this book.
Gina Burkart
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a hot new read. This will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout this story. Mc read that shows the head butting between 2 clubs.
Julia Leonard
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic MC Read

Amber is looking to find herself after surviving the Covid virus.
Unfortunately her car breaks down and that's when her whole world turns upside down.
These MC men are definitely forces to be reckoned with.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Heavy Crown (Royal Bastards MC: Washington, DC, #1)
  • Voodoo (Royal Bastards MC: Ankeny, IA, #1)
  • Cyclone of Chaos (Royal Bastards MC: Elizabeth City, #1)
  • Axel (Royal Bastards MC: Flagstaff, AZ, #1)
  • Ridin' for Hell (Royal Bastards MC: Tonopah, NV #3)
  • Rely on Me (Royal Bastards MC: Baltimore, #2)
  • Defining Darkness (Royal Bastards MC: Tampa, FL, #1)
  • Silver and Lace (Royal Bastards MC: Detroit, MI, #1)
  • Ice (Royal Bastards MC: Elko, NV #1)
  • Savage Heat (Royal Bastards MC: Huntsville, AL, #1)
  • Rotten Apple (Royal Bastards MC: New York City, #1)
  • Inked in Vengeance (Royal Bastards MC: New Orleans, LA, #1)
  • Lean In: Royal Bastards MC Pittsburgh, PA
  • Animal (Royal Bastards MC: Little Rock, AR, #1)
  • Playboy (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento, CA, #1)
  • Switch & Burn (Royal Bastards MC: Idaho Springs Chapter #1)
  • Royally Broken (Royal Bastards MC: Royal Sons CA Book 5)
  • Frozen Rain (Royal Bastards MC: Anchorage, #1)

News & Interviews