Start by marking “The Jerusalem Diet: The "One Day" Approach to Reach Your Ideal Weight--and Stay There” as Want to Read:

2.94  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The Jerusalem Diet is a remarkably simple and flexible plan that will transform your perspective on food, diets, and health. You’ll rediscover how to relax and enjoy life, moving steadily toward your ideal weight while still taking pleasure in the foods you love.

SIMPLE: No expensive foods, supplements, or exercise equipment required. All you need is a good digital scale, a
Published December 13th 2005 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about The Jerusalem Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jerusalem Diet

Liz
While I can see where he is coming from with this diet, I don't agree with everything he says. Eating right for one day to get to your weekly target weight sounds foreign to me. I do recognize that he is speaking to the majority of the population, those who cannot stick to a rigid plan. The beginning of the book talks about how it is OK to eat your normal diet (The SAD diet), and then by having a 'fat' day, you can eat fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds & water as well as exercising for 1 hour and ...more
J
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this had some pretty clear, helpful suggestions for eating sensibly while maximizing special occasions. I was very pleased that Haggard didn't hammer so much on the religious aspect. Instead, he offers his advice without a lecture.

However, the part directed at women was pretty cringeworthy. When his wife said that beauty is a woman's gift to those she loves? Ummm...I'm gonna need you to keep a lid on your antiquated views of femininity.

Everything else though, pretty good stuff.
Shiloh
Oct 26, 2007 rated it liked it
I was always curious about this book (wondering what skinny Pastor Ted would know about weight loss), but I got it at a library sale, and I enjoyed it. He writes very well, and I like the casual, low pressure approach to weight loss (since I hate dieting).
Ron