Start by marking “Bride of Shadow Canyon (Bride, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bride of Shadow Canyon (Bride, #1)

Bride of Shadow Canyon (Bride #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  242 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When the widowed boardinghouse keeper he has come to rescue turns out to be a scantily-clad showgirl, Jed Doulan knows he's in for trouble. With his shadowed past, he'd be mad to let this spirited--and surprisingly innocent--woman get close. Bound by a hasty marriage to her reluctant hero, Rachell Carlson senses his struggle to keep a distance between them. But the message ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Bride of Shadow Canyon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of Shadow Canyon

Karla

4.5 Stars! I waited a long time to read this book, and I was not disappointed!

After reading and falling in love with this author's Wild series, I was anxious to start this book and series. Alas, real life steps in and it gets put on the back burner. Then recently I gorged myself on some western romances and remembered Bride of Shadow Canyon. It was well worth the wait, every bit as good as I remembered her writing from her other series. Fun characters, a captivating story and the struggle to ove
Maqluba
Found this at a used book sale today and as soon as I came home I opened it up and read it in one sitting. I love me a good western-HR. This was funny and exciting and just all around entertaining to read. A smart, tough, witty heroine and an angsty, equally witty, gunslinger cowboy hero meet, get hitched and go on an adventure while he tries to get her home to her sister while protecting her from everyone.

All I know is if you can make me literally laugh out loud then you've half-sold me to your
Head in the clouds
Cotton candy Western romance - however I really dislike it when the heroine lays her heart out, repeatedly, and the hero pushes her away, repeatedly, heroine cries and becomes heartbroken, waits for hero to return her affections - repeat cycle. I don't like hot and cold heroes - tortured heroes I understand and tolerate, but it doesn't mean I enjoy reading about them, especially when there isn't enough balance in the relationship.
Mei
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I maybe spoiled by writer such as O'Connell when western hystoricals are concered, but this book was good too.

The story is nothing unusual, but the hero and heroine are really nice! Their dialogue is good too.

I like a forced marriage theme, but this it was unusual. They're married by a judge under the threat of prison for the hero. Neither her nor him wanted to be married, but they still do it, not because they're afraid of prison, but because they cannot loose time! That was unusual! :)

The book
Stacie
Apr 17, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Western Romance
This book was a decent story but one that I could put down and come back to later. It had a western setting with a woman that is trying to escape a crazy, obsessed man. He believe that she is someone else. She sends word to her sister that she needs help. Jed is the one sent to help her. The story is about them falling in love and fighting to get away from the enemy and get back home.
Karen
A beautiful woman with self image problems, fleeing the grasp of a deranged rich man. Her rescuer is loved or hated in several states & especially ticked off cranky judge who abitarially marries him to the woman in centre of the storm. The couples spats, her hidden talents & her cooking efforts make it both amusing & entertaining.
JennJ
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Bride of Shadow Canyon is the first book that I have personally read by Stacey Kayne but it will most assuredly not be the last. In fact I’m going to go out now and get every book that she has available she is absolutely terrific! This one had me from the very first page and held me till the very last one.

Rachell Carlson is in BIG trouble she has been kidnapped by a jealous employer who thinks she is much more than just his star act. And he’s willing to do anything to keep her which has now incl
Bunga
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cowboy
Aww...God. Buku ini bikin saya menitikkan airmata berkali-kali. Dari awal sampai akhir saya dibikin frustrasi dengan pertengkaran dua tokoh utama yang kaya anjing vs kucing. Saya suka dengan karakterisasi para tokohnya. Mulai dari tokoh utama sampai tokoh pendukung. Semuanya kuat dan essensial.

Rachell, janda yang bekerja sebagai penyanyi klub malam--istilahnya "Songbird" dikurung oleh atasannya yang delusional gara-gara Rachell punya kemiripan dengan istri atasannya yang sudah meninggal. Suatu
Luli
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
No me ha dejado un buen sabor de boca.
La historia ha estado muy bien, muy entretenida, con unos personajes muy sólidos y encantadores, con un romance que se va construyendo poco a poco ante los ojos del lector, con una trama muy consistente: todos tienen sus motivos para ser cómo son, los malos, los buenos y los regulares, pero, y para mí es un “pero” importante, el final deja mucho que desear.
No hay nada más emocionante (siempre en mi opinión, claro) que un viaje a través del Salvaje Oeste, con
Kym McNabney
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that I've read by Stacey Kayne and I was not disappointed. In fact, just the opposite. Wow, what an amazing story, and so very well written. From the very first page, to the very last, Stacey took you on a wonderful journey. I love the characters. There was never ending action, and drama. I couldn't get enough of Jed, and really liked, Rachell as well.

When I later looked up Stacey's website, I was pleased to see she had another book with Juniper as the main character. I'l
JudyB
This was my third re-read of this book. If you like historical romance with a alpha cowboy who's older than the h and sweet, strong, possessive and loving, this is one for you. It's not full of erotic love scenes but has some very well written sex scenes filled with tenderness and love. I loved the H, Jed, he was such a good man. Very strong h. This is a book I'll read again and again.
Jewelie
This is my all time favorite book, only because it was my first romance novel and I literally stayed up all night reading. It's one of those books I can just read over and over and pick up at any time, like I should be doing with my bible :)
Karen
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I want in one...action, romance, banter, love, and humor.
Melissa
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A sweet historical romance novel. Set in the wild west with fun unforgettable characters and a great adventure full of mystery, guns and good looking men. I really enjoyed reading this.
Chelsea
Renae Pung
Jul 17, 2016
Sandra
Jul 20, 2016
  • The Bad Man's Bride (Marrying Miss Bright, #1)
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • Allie's Moon
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • The Stranger
  • Happily Ever After
  • Parting Gifts
  • Stetsons, Spring and Wedding Rings
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
Stacey Kayne is a new voice in western historical romance. Her debut novel MUSTANG WILD,(Wild Trilogy), was released in March 2007 from Harlequin. BRIDE OF SHADOW CANYON (Bride Series)was released in April 2007. Stacey has since sold eight western romances to Harlequin--watch for new installments in her WILD and BRIDE series. Specializing in the adventurous wild west, Stacey brings her love of the ...more
More about Stacey Kayne...

Bride (2 books)
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)