Start by marking “Tree Slayer (Tree Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tree Slayer (Tree Magic, #2)

Tree Slayer

(Tree Magic #2)

Nine months after the events of Tree Magic, Rainbow is struggling to come to terms with how she’s changed. Her bond with trees has grown, but now they’re under threat from the Tree Slayer. To save them, she will need to leave everything she knows and loves behind. It’ll be her greatest adventure yet – but she cannot succeed alone. She will have to enlist the help of Eole,

Published November 1st 2019 by Impress Books

To ask other readers questions about Tree Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tree Slayer

Start your review of Tree Slayer (Tree Magic, #2)
Hannah May Book Reviews

Title: Tree Slayer
Author: Harriet Springbett
Pages: 421
Publisher: Impress Books
Rating: 4/5

A huge thank you to Harriet Springbett, Impress Books and Love Books Tours for letting me be part of the blog tour.

Synopsis:

Rainbow has changed a lot over the past 9 months. Although these changes can be a struggle, her bond with trees have strengthened and she has found a way to utilise her gift and work with them. When Rainbow receives warning that a Tree Slayer is becoming strong, she has to act fast
Jacqueline
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tree Slayer, the second novel from Harriet Springbett, carries on from where book one, Tree Magic, left off. Rainbow, a young girl who has an extraordinary bond with trees, is about to take her Baccalaureate exams at lycee in Cognac, when a huge storm hits the west of France, felling hundreds of trees. Despite the reservations from those around her, and her plans for the future, she knows her destiny lies with finding her soulmate in the Pyrenees and working together to defeat the Tree Slayer.
Ei
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
Tree Slayer follows on from the events of the first book, Tree Magic. Rainbow is getting used to her ‘new’ way of life and building her affinity with trees. But when a huge storm blows in and damages lots of trees, she finds out that there’s something bigger than her…..something threatening her and the trees. She must find her other half, destroy the Tree Slayer and save the trees before it’s too late…..

I absolutely loved this – probably more than the first, and that’s all down to Eole who I ado
Kristel Greer
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent a copy of the book for review.

Tree Slayer is book 2 in the Tree Magic trilogy and it moves the story along, deepens the mythology at its centre and develops the character of Rainbow/Mary into a more rounded person.

The introduction of a new character, Eole, who Rainbow believes is her soulmate, brought the story in new direction. Their combined fight against the Tree Slayer and the search for the One Tree who they are tasked with saving, created a complex and unique plot for this insta
Bookshortie
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read Tree Magic I was intrigued as to what would happen to Rainbow next so I couldn’t wait to take part in the book tour for the sequel. In Tree Slayer Rainbow and Mary are now one. This still brings it’s own problems as Rainbow and Mary continue to internally battle with their differing thoughts and personalities.

Rainbow is now working with her powers and working with Thierry a tree surgeon. She is studying for her exams and now has a boyfriend, Christophe. However, she has a new mission
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
After throughally enjoying book one, I had to read this one book two to see what would happen next. Another brilliant, different read. Unique. Magical. Full of fantasy... My imagination went wild. I really hope for more of these books because I've not read anything similar before. I would highly recommend if you're looking for something different but brilliant.
Rainbow is faced with the tree slayer... Can she defeat the slayer? Can she save the trees? She may need some help but as we saw from bo
Jo Williams
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the author and Love Books Tours for the copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.

As part of a trilogy, I would highly recommend reading Tree Magic first to really understand Rainbow’s journey so far. I was excited to get a place on this tour having enjoyed Tree Magic so much and I’m glad I did. Harriet Springbett has a way of taking words, adding a touch of her own magic, and laying them on the page to form a lyrical prose which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I liked Eole but was a
Daisy Hollands
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Tree Magic earlier this year, I was delighted to have the opportunity to read the next book in the series, Tree Slayer. I just love the cover - purple is my favourite colour and this a really gorgeous design. The story doesn’t disappoint. We revisit Rainbow, nine months on and she shows how she has grown and developed. This book is a really well crafted story, a perfect follow on from Tree Magic, the same descriptive writing and strong characters. A compelling tale of magic and str ...more
Mandy
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this one 3.5 stars, I am so pleased I got a spot on the book tour to review the sequel to tree magic as I loved the first one and wanted to see how Rainbow’s story continued. It did not disappoint, and was full of the same magic and mystical qualities as the first book. I loved the continuation of Rainbow’s journey and the development of her gift, and also the introduction of a new character Eole who I thought was a great addition to the book. I won’t say too much more as I will keep my r ...more
Celeste Cruz
It was enjoyable. I kind of got confuse with the characters but before I read this book I did buy the first book. And I thought it was interesting. I enjoyed the story and the plot. Especially regarding the magic of the tree and the magic within herself. Her journey helps her develop throughout the story and it’s nice to see the development.
OldBird

• Disquiet
  • The Little Book of Greatness: A Parable About Unlocking Your Destiny
  • The Running Wolf
  • The Boy Between: A Mother and Son’s Journey From a World Gone Grey
  • Faith In Him  (Falling for You, #2)
  • The Vagabond Mother
  • Twinkle
Hi! I'm Harriet and I live in France, where I write novels & short stories and blog about life in France. I have a French partner and two teenage daughters.

My debut novel, Tree Magic, was published by Impress Books in 2017 and has received some great reviews on Amazon. The second edition was published on 2nd June 2020, ready for the sequel, which is coming out in Septemberr 2020.

You can see a 1-m

Tree Magic (2 books)
  • Tree Magic (Tree Magic, #1)

News & Interviews