Start by marking “Hottest Blood” as Want to Read:
Hottest Blood

Hottest Blood

(Hot Blood #3)

Terror never felt this sexy! Graham Masterton, Bentley Little, Rex Miller, Elizabeth Massie, David Schow, Matthew Costello, John Shirley, Thomas Tessier, Grant Morrison and other established masters, as well as rising stars in the galaxy of horror writers, weave riveting tales of sex and terror.
Published January 1st 1993 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Hottest Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hottest Blood

Skyler
May 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
If you like your sex spiced with some dark, macabre, and blood, then this book is for you. I was 17 when I read it, and the stories have stayed with me years later. I would warn only that this is possibly the most disturbing stuff I've ever read. It is barely erotica, and very much horror, with playful bits and pieces of humor and political statement.

A collection of short stories, the themes range from necrophilia to numerology. There are nods to famous people (a Holmes/Watson duo) and even a st
Melissa
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Some of these stories are not what I would call horror and some not really erotic. There were some good stories mixed in but the majority of the stories were bland.
Daniel Osborn
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So what to say about this book. Of course with a book that has nothing but short stories in them it's really hard to review each and every story. Some for me stood out more than others but; each writer in it's own right deserved to have their story in this book. Makes me want to go out and get the rest of the series. One thing to note that this book is very much intended for the mature reader because every story deals with sex. Overall the stories really kept you on the edge wanting more.
G.D. Burkhead
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelf Life – Hottest Blood: The Ultimate in Erotic Horror is Neither of Those Things

(I’m gonna go ahead and throw a disclaimer on up here: You are about to read something that deals with purportedly “erotic” subject matter. If you don’t like the sound of that word, you might wanna go elsewhere. If it’s actually-erotic things that offend you, though, you’ll be fine.)

I like short story compilations because you get a variety of content that’s just as easy to breeze through if you have the time as i
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
These anthologies can be very, um...strange. Some of the stories were really impressive,though. I liked the one that was a take-off on Sherlock Holmes about a room that possesses anyone who goes into it,and I liked the story about the gay teenager who turns into a girl for one night so that he can sleep with the jock he loves- and the tragic (but also pretty funny) fate that befalls both of them when he transforms back too soon.....and the one that surprised me the most was the one that started ...more
Aimee
Jan 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Charles
Jun 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Originally there was Hot Blood, Hotter Blood, and this one, Hottest Blood. They are collections of short horror stories with erotic elements. As a group, all three books are quite good and there are some truly memorable stories throughout the three. Personally, I remember more stories from the first two in the series than from this one.
tammy
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Horror,erotica,taboo all rolled into one. Amazing collection of stories.
Elke Simmons
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Seriously hard to read. Sad and very bloody- if you like that sort of thing- they're amazing.
Kim
Feb 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, horror, dnf, anthologies, 2019
I don't think I found one story interesting.
Ended up giving up and putting it in the give away box (mm maybe I'll make it a bookcrossing book and release it somewhere)

This was basically bathroom fodder and should have left it as such. (Heck I should have flushed it if I didn't think it would clog up the toilet)
Brett Grossmann
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Worth the price for the graham piece.
innae
Intro by Jeff Geib & Michael Garrett
standard - welcome to the third book in our series.

I Hear the Mermaids Singing by Nancy Holder
A disturbing retelling of The Little Mermaid, a bit more in common with the Disney version than the original Hans Christian Anderson - except more dark than either

Llama by Bentley Little
Bentley Little is whacked. This is an odd little tale. Numbers abound as the character attempts to find order in chaos (of his own making).

Where the Heart Was by David J. Schow
A
Joe Stamber
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paper, read-2013
Hottest Blood is a mixed bag of short stories with a sexual theme running through most of them. The overall impression is more "Tales of the Unexpected" than horror, although some of the stories have horror elements. There is enough entertainment here to make it a worthwhile read, if you like that sort of thing.
Christine
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved it, they don't write short stories like these anymore!
Becka
Nov 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Not for the neophyte, puritan, faint of heart, or "average" fetishist. Fascinating stuff that will bury itself in your id, and come to light at the oddest times...
Lisa
Read ??/??/??
Jasmine Jade
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wild ride...
Savina
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, crime, own-owned
I liked the majority of the stories in this book. Some of them made me laugh while others just confused the hell out of me. Definately in the horror category, no mistake.
Enid

• The Bone Yard
  • Fears Unnamed
  • Death's Dominion
  • Splatterpunks II: Over the Edge
  • Still Dead (Book of the Dead, #2)
  • Night Life
  • Under the Fang
  • Extremities
  • Night Visions: The Hellbound Heart
  • The Fantasy Hall of Fame
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Thirteenth Annual Collection
Jeff Gelb is a former disc jockey and music columnist who created the SHOCK ROCK series of music-based horror fiction. He has also written a number of short stories, including Graveyard Shift, The Last Victim and The Portrait. In 2001, he collaborated with Max Allan Collins to create the anthology series FLESH AND BLOOD, tales of erotic noir from some of the finest writers in crime fiction. Mr. Ge ...more

Hot Blood (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror
  • Hotter Blood: More Tales of Erotic Horror (Hot Blood, #2)
  • Deadly After Dark (Hot Blood, #4)
  • Seeds of Fear (Hot Blood, #5)
  • Stranger by Night (Hot Blood, #6)
  • Fear the Fever (Hot Blood, #7)
  • Kiss and Kill (Hot Blood, #8)
  • Crimes of Passion (Hot Blood, #9)
  • Hot Blood X (Hot Blood, #10)
  • Fatal Attractions (Hot Blood, #11)