Start by marking “Conquista (Enlightenment Vol. 3)” as Want to Read:
Conquista (Enlightenment Vol. 3)

Conquista

(Enlightenment #3)

Sono cinque mesi che David Lauriston è ospite a Laverock House, la tenuta di campagna di Lord Murdo Balfour, e in questo lasso di tempo ha recuperato la salute fisica e la fiducia in se stesso, conoscendo anche, grazie alle attenzioni del padrone di casa, una felicità e un appagamento mai immaginati prima.
David è però consapevole che presto dovrà rinunciare a tutto ciò e r
Published December 10th 2019 by Triskell Edizioni (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Conquista, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquista

Start your review of Conquista (Enlightenment Vol. 3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I am enlightened.

There are some books that stay with you, and this book is going to stay with me for a very long time.

The Enlightenment series is one that you shouldn't begin unless you are prepared to dig into all three books. In truth, they are all like one very large book that has been split up into three pieces. You really need to read all of them to get the full story and appreciate the full breadth of the romance.

Joanna Chambers did an excellent job plotting this series because each boo
Judith
PERFECTION

“It’s just, I’ve loved you for so long, David. I really didn’t think you felt the same way.”

I've been fully immersed in David and Murdo's story this week and my only regret is that I didn't finish this series sooner.

Trust me,if you're a fan of MM romance and Historical romance this series is a MUST read.

I'm very late to the party here,there are so many great reviews about so I'll just say....MURDO....I honestly couldn't love a character more...

I feel as though I should
Shile
All the stars for the whole damn series

This book! This series!

The writing just flows, it was like i was transported to another amazing universe.

The Sex! The Sex!

Murdo! Murdo!

“It’s just, I’ve loved you for so long, David.

assdjjjldklkdjldldnlddjfgjsisspsshjnjjgfiufddbbfgnnbvvfgfdfhjjkjyfdhgrruhgfdssfhjkkjfffddhjkjklknjfdsdsfhjjdkkddkld!!!!!

Murdo! Murdo! Murdo!

description

Murdo and David! Murdo and David!

Just.. just...

description

I am just going to leave this here:

He grinned at that, his black eyes gleaming with
Simone
June 2020: Audiobook = ***4 - 4.5 Stars***

************************

"David," he said, when they broke apart. "David."
He said David's name like it meant something all on its own.
Like a vow.
Like a promise.

8d1e04000862f9b3c203919b3ec78680--cover-art-giulio-berruti.jpg (480×689)

Gahhhhhhh.... this book floored me and I'm officially in book heaven! I don't remember the last time I finished a book with more than 200 pages in one go, but this was one of those rare occasions when I simply forgot everything around me, so com
Jan
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jan by: Ariana, Shile
Shelves: historical, lgbtq
**** 4.5 Stars ****

I have a weird aversion with historical. They are not my cuppa and I don't really know why since the few I remember reading - mostly by Anne Stuart - were really good.

Enlightenment series is another winner to add to my little historical collection. I had a blast with them. Not really a surprise with so many fantastic reviews by my friends. However, I wasn't expecting to read one book after the other with no breaks in between.

This last book was genius! All the pieces falling in
Susan
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Book 3 in what has become one of my favorite series, Enlightened is…perfect.

It kills me how much I love this book….this story, this couple, this author. The writing is so precise…a story told so perfectly, giving the reader a true essence of the time period, the emotions and the struggles of the characters, the conflicts/turmoil both inside and outward…it’s hard not to be completely lost in this book.

David & Murdo…THEIR LOVE…urghewlekjelkjewe0…just so freaking good! The EMOTION…I’m completely v
K.J. Charles
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, historical, m-m
I adore this series, and this is a brilliant ending. Beautifully written, emotional, moving, but what's really impressive is the way the series as a whole is handled. So that what seems to be a minor subplot in book 1 and then a key plot element extraneous to the main relationship in book 2 becomes the solution to everything in book 3. This is a proper trilogy, with the relationship's progression and the rolling plot elements really well handled, while each book is intensely satisfying individua ...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Love should not be denied.

I’m not sure how I’ll recover from this series. I’ve read some remarkable historicals but this was exceptional and I fear my book hangover will be epic.

I read these in succession. Honestly, I don’t know how you could read one and not them all. They're like potato chips and I'm infinitely grateful I did not have to wait between... chips. Provoked set the stage and drew me into this world just on the tail end of the Regency period in Scotland. Edinburgh plays as large
Ami
Joanna Chambers "Enlightenment" series have definitely opened my eyes to the wonder of MM historical romance and easily become one of my all time favorites. This story is the PERFECT ending to the whole trilogy.

"Enlightened" continues few months after the ending of Beguiled. David has been living with Murdo while he recuperates and it has been the happiest time of his life. I love the development of David -- he still has an endearing ingenuity flair, but he has definitely grown as well. Oh, Davi
~Volha~
I can honestly say that this is one of the best historical male/male novels that I have read. It's so genuine, so riveting - it's a historical page turner. It was a joy to spend time with Murdo and David. The best part about the book was finally seeing David accepting that he deserves happiness, that it's right here for the taking and finally grabbing it with both hands. And finally seeing Murdo's walls crumble down and his true self shine.

The book starts off some time after the event of the pr
Ingie
Written May 8, 2014

4 1/2 Lovely Stars - A great last part to an wonderful historical gay love-tale in 3 amazing good books

Book #3

I'm in love in these gorgeous men and this Enlightenment series.
The last part Enlightened was no exception.
Another funny, heartbreaking, tender romance story about two male lovebirds - David & Murdo, a love couple I'm not going to forget in a long time. ~ Yummy sweet and so very well told.

Big applause to a great romance tale, Joanna Chambers .

*********************
Claudie ☾
YES!!! I couldn’t have wished for a more perfect ending to their story! This is definitely one of my all-time favorite series in the genre. Murdo was to die for, and his relationship with David was absolutely gush-worthy. 😍 I haven’t been this satisfied by a romance novel/series in a while.
Ele
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did we learn from this experience? We learnt that Renee is always right, and we should never doubt her.

I'm utterly in love with this series. Undoubtedly my favorite historical after A Seditious Affair. The resolution was BRILLIANT. Read it!
Sofia
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical

This being a trilogy I decided that I'll write one review for all the books which I read back to back. I’ve kept one rating throughout the 3 books to reflect this as well.

Idealistic, pragmatic, chivalrous David meets Murdo. Both come from a land of fleeting one time encounters and they now struggle with the surprising need for more. A struggle, which makes them question their beliefs, values and way of life. So we get the push and pull of their wrestling with this new need in their lives, playin
Jerry
I love novels where I am totally involved with the characters and immersed in their time and place. This was quite the arch of a story over three books and quite the love story at that. Beautifully written, full of the vocabulary of the time with the food, customs, manners, dress and scandal as well!

At times I get quite peeved when a story is divided into multiple books, but this is such a gem that I am quite willing to pay top dollar for it.

I am sure there were men like Murdo and Davi
Natasha
I DEMAND SATISFACTION!

...

And I received it in the form of this series.

When's the last time I rated an entire trilogy five stars? Probably never.

Perfect conclusion to the series. Lustful, wanting, hilarious, dramatic, sad, exciting, and at some points, so very shocking. This series (not just because of the time period) strays from a lot of MM romance norms in popular novels, and for that, I shall give you a "job well-done", Joanna Chambers. I adore the drawn-out "I love you"s without any of the s
CrabbyPatty
In the first two books in the Enlightenment series, Lord Murdo Balfour held all the cards - wealth, charm, prestige - along with the absolute certainty his life would turn out exactly how he wished. After marrying a suitable woman and providing an heir and a spare, he would continue to enjoy the company of men. But as Scottish poet Robert Burns wrote “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley” meaning that no matter how carefully one makes plans .... well, they often go awry. And i ...more
Leslie
**Reread 6/16/20. Still love, love, love!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 What am I going to do with my life now stars?!?
🔥🔥🔥.5/5 Heat
💜💜💜💜💜/5 Swoon Level

“To hell with what I deserve,” Murdo whispered. “All I want is you.”

OMG you guys. This. Series. I'm finding it hard to put into words how much I loved it. I loved it so much I'm almost tempted to start from the beginning again, immediately. I still can't believe I got so into a historical romance! Consider me much more open to trying them now. Oh I don't think
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Glad it is over*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

A cute, freeing ending for lowborn and a lawyer David ‘Davy’ Lauriston (26) and Lord Murdoch ‘Murdo’ Balfour (in his thirties? 32? 33?). Overall, I was glad this series is over as it was a bit of a struggle to see the deep connection the couple was supposed to have; they kept holding themselves back - David the most - and that kept us from feeling their love. But it was a alright book, not better than either of the books before this one, but alright.
“I bu
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Review on Prism Book Alliance

Let me just say that, I still don't feel like this review does this book justice. I'd have to write a novel of a review to really do that, for my own satisfaction. That or just keep saying, over and over: David and Murdo... *siiiiigh*

In lieu of that, here is my attempt. And if this doesn't convince you of the need to read this series, check out my reviews for Provoked, book 1 in the Enlightenment series and Beguiled, book 2 in the series

David and Murdo, Murdo and Da
W.
Reviewed: 07-15-20

The perfect ending for an unforgettable series

Overall: 5 stars
Performance: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars

Not only have I, enjoyed listening Hamish McKinley voice actor extraordinaire , narrate Beguiled ; I have savored every single minute of it.

With Beguiled , Joanna Chambers ties up nicely all the plotlines. She kept it true to the time period and it's a very satisfying , HEA ending.

I loved to listening Murdo and David finally opening up and sharing their feelings for each other. The g
Karen
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"I burned all those bridges, David, and in that moment, I think I felt free for the first time in my life." He stepped forward, closing the distance between them, touching David's face with gentle fingers.

"Come home with me."

LOVED THIS ONE. I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face. What a gem of a story. The entire series (well the first 3 books at least), was imperative to read in order to complete the story. I have to say, that if you are thinking of adding this, you absolutely
Elena
I just reread my review from 3 years ago and…wow. I kind of want to say to my old self to calm down a little and not take things so seriously. Story of my life. LOL
Although by looking at my rating, I suspect it was a case of me focusing on the small details that didn’t work and neglecting to stress how good everything else was. Again, not a surprise. I do that. I don’t like it, but I do that.

I’ll make it up to the book by saying that this time I enjoyed it just as much as the first time and tha
Ariana
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, historical
Reread June 2020
I love how Joanna Chambers weaves her plot so brilliantly, particularly towards the end, when the going gets tough. Fabulous writing all the way. This trilogy is one of the best in the 'historical' category! Don't miss it.

original review

'Pure romance' is what popped in my head whilst reading, and now that I'm finished I still think this is the best way to 'sum up' the feel of the book. Gorgeous and lovely and swoon-worthy romance.

Almost six months together in the sheltered surrou
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
1st read - 27 to 31 October 2014
2nd read - 29 September to 2 October 2016

_________________

And Murdo, oh Murdo...

This series is just an absolute joy to read. I enjoyed it even more the second time and kind of want to start a reread already. David and Murdo are just so, so lovely and it's just all so, so lovely.

Sara
The third book. The last book. The last time I get to wait anxiously for more of Murdo and David. I wanted this book and at the same time I never wanted to read it. Reading it would be the end but how could there ever be an end for these two when they hold a piece of my heart?

Love should not be denied.

Enlightened begins a few months after we left Murdo and David on their way to nurse David’s injuries at Laverock House. The men have settled into a new way of life together and the dome
Caz
I've given this an A for both narration and content at AudioGals

Enlightened completes Joanna Chambers’ trilogy of historical romances set mostly in Edinburgh in the 1820s. Because there are overarching plotlines, it really is necessary to listen to all three books in order so as to enjoy the complete story; and because of that, there will be spoilers for books one (Provoked) and two (Beguiled) in this review.

At the end of Beguiled, we left young advocate David Lauriston and his lover, Lord Murdo
annob
I'm so glad I found this trilogy at a time when all three books have been published so I could read them back to back. Lovely romance story, wonderfully detailed world building, and very nice character development. Not unimportant was that David and Murdo had great chemistry together, regardless of clothes on or off.

This third book centred on the plot drama a bit more compared to the first two books. It also holds several scenes where David and Murdo are happy together. A delightful read, this b
Kaje Harper
4.5 stars, rounded up. This whole series hit the sweet spot for me - a slow burn historical romance series (especially slow in the first book), with excellent period feel and detail, characters I enjoyed, and a real plot. If there was one drawback, it was perhaps the single MC viewpoint - there were times by this third book when I really wished I could see David through Murdo's eyes and not just the reverse, because I was getting a little irritated by David, and Murdo's affection might have swee ...more
Sam (AMNReader)
So I have concluded my quarter long (?) listen to the Enlightenment series. I really enjoyed the historical setting, the romance, the heroes and the surrounding world. I do think her writing can be in turns beautiful and repetitive, her dialogues and emotions easy to buy. I'd give the series overall a 3.5, and book 2 might have been my favorite, though this was intensely satisfying as well. I wouldn't read them with great distance between them--or at least only between 1&2.

The narration was by
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
  • A Seditious Affair (Society of Gentlemen, #2)
  • A Gentleman's Position (Society of Gentlemen, #3)
  • A Minor Inconvenience
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
  • The Ruin of Gabriel Ashleigh (Society of Gentlemen, #0.5)
  • Think of England
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • An Unnatural Vice (Sins of the Cities, #2)
  • Two Rogues Make a Right (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #3)
  • An Unseen Attraction (Sins of the Cities, #1)
  • The Gentleman and the Rogue
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series, #2)
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • The Ruin of a Rake (The Turner Series, #3)
  • An Unsuitable Heir (Sins of the Cities, #3)
  • A Case of Possession (A Charm of Magpies, #2)
  • Flight of Magpies (A Charm of Magpies, #3)
Joanna Chambers' muse likes red wine, coffee and won't let Joanna clean the house or watch television.

If you came here looking for a copy of The Bequest you can get it here:

If you're looking for Seasons Pass, go here:

Enlightenment (5 books)
  • Provoked (Enlightenment, #1)
  • Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)
  • Unnatural (Enlightenment, #4)
  • Restored (Enlightenment, #5)