Start by marking “Trouble with Wolves (Magic and Bone #1)” as Want to Read:
Trouble with Wolves (Magic and Bone #1)

Trouble with Wolves

(Magic and Bone #1)

New cover edition found here.

Shifters and humans don’t mix …

But Red isn’t like any human I’ve met before.

He doesn’t fear shifters, and for some reason he wants to help me forge peace between my Pack and the town.

Our relationship morphs from unlikely allies to ... more. And the more I’m around Red, the more I crave him.

But none of that matters when fate steps in, and I fi
Published February 9th 2020 by Coffee and Characters LLC

To ask other readers questions about Trouble with Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble with Wolves

Start your review of Trouble with Wolves (Magic and Bone #1)
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Trouble with Wolves was just .. frustrating. It had some good and interesting parts but others just annoyed me. I don't know if it's the version of this shifters romance or if it was the characters I read about - just know that I somehow ended up annoyed.

Okay, so maybe I do know the reasons. One would be Embry. Ugh, I hated him so much and just didn't get why everyone was on his team. It's cool and all that he wants to bec
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Sara, ☆☆☆ 1/2

Shifter books aren’t usually my go to but the blurb to this one caught my attention, I thought maybe it would have that Twilight feel.

Lindy is a shifter who wants to put the long feud between her people and the humans in the past and starting working together. She needs Red who has the same agenda. The more they work together on their goal the more their feelings for each other grow.... But then Lindy becomes pack leader and she knows people won’t accept their relationship.

Is their
Aly
Quick read

I wish this book were longer. I feel like the story was light and moved a bit too quickly. Another hundred pages and we could have learned more about pack life and seen Lindy and Red's relationship build. I did appreciate the steamy scenes, but I would have liked them to get to know each other a bit more.

I love the idea of mates and this is a fun story. Hopefully we learn more about the shifters in the next book.
Bookgyrl
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I have read the first series by this author (binged it actually] and enjoyed this first book as well.

It is about Lindy, daughter of the alpha wolf shifter, who knows she should mate with one of the wolves but hesitates as she knows he is not her real mate. Then she meets Red, who is searching for his lost sister. Both want peace between humans and shifters, but that goal is not easy to reach.

Strangely enough this book felt quite different from the Blood and Magic series. There was a certain di
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
3.5 of 5 Hearts

Danielle Annett writes a faced paced story wrapped around the world of shifters and the town of Lethbridge. We are dropped right into the action when this story starts and thrust into the action.

The only issue is that I never felt as though I was reading as Reddington or Liddy. I felt as though I was a spectator and could not attach to the characters.

This story is well-written and highly entertaining, Red never backs down from the wolves or the town's men hunting the wolves cal
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Red is looking for his missing sister but he finds so much more. Lindy is going between her dad and Embry. When the humans come to destroy them, Lindy sees things that she doesn’t want to but her pack needs her and that’s the most important thing to her. Can’t wait for the next book. Awesome writing.

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

While out hunting to earn money to find his sister Red runs into Lindy and finds the unexpected
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Didn’t enjoy this at all. There was nothing likeable or appealing about either of the main characters, no chemistry. POVs where not done very well at all, no clear character distinction and changed perspective too quickly and often jarring. There also didn’t seem to be much plot or anything actually going on in this book. This just wasn’t one for me at all sorry.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Charlie Moore
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great start

Loved this book I loved Danielle's other books and I am excited to see how this story progresses. The story is written completely with the dual perspective which gives a good.sense of what is going on at all time. Can't wait for the next book!
Cindy
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great read. I was excited to start this new series and Danielle didn’t let me down. Yes, there was some sex, so what. What is important is the plot and the twists. I can’t wait to read more about these two great characters
Tina SD
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well developed characters! At first I wasn’t sure I liked where the storyline was taking me. But it turned in a direction I wasn’t expecting and now I can’t wait to keep reading to find out what happens next. Looking forward to book 2!
Julie Jackson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Noxwitchbooklife
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Annett has created a world where magic is out to normals and this is her second series set there.

Her writing is very easy to read and this one is all about a werewolf pack and their troubles with being hunted by a local town with a heavy dash of explicit romance added in.

Great if you want an easy to read aimed at adults supernatural fantasy.
Tristina Brockway
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read from this author and I was far from disappointed. I laughed. I cried. I fell in love with the fictional universe of the Magic and Bone Series. I can't wait to get started on the next book. The suspense is killing me!

I was kindly provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sue Brooks
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danielle Annett is a new author for me to read. I love the way she writes this fast paced story.

Trouble with Wolves is centered around the world of shifters and the town of Lethbridge. Reddington (Red) is looking for his missing sister -- and will do just about anything to find her. Melinda (Liddy) is the daughter of the Alpha for her pack -- and is trying to get them to interact with the humans in the town close by. Red never backs down from the shifters or from the group of town's men that are
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I will be checking out more of her work especially the original series because this is a spin off of her original series. My only complaint with a story is it started off kind of slow but picked up from there. Lindy just wants peace between the humans in the shifters. Reddington (Red) is on a mission to find his missing sister. they have slightly different views on human/wolf interactions. Red wants to humans to see the wolves as allies instead of enemies. Lindy i ...more
Danielle Annett
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Woot Woot. The book is done and I hope you love it as much as I enjoyed writing it
Amanda  Lipscomb
I found this book to be...frustrating, but good overall. I wanted it to be excellent and it does have some good qualities, but I’ve read better in this genre.

Melinda Chagon, Lindy to most, is the daughter of the Alpha wolf of a race of shapeshifting paranormals living in the backwoods of Canada. Her pack is in danger from encroaching, bigoted, hateful humans calling themselves “Hounds”. They wear red capes through the woods that is her pack’s territory and they’re slowly killing off the wolves
Carrie
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I didn't realize this was a spinoff series, but it really didn't matter one way or the other (other than to say that I will immediately be checking that other series out). There's wolves and all all sorts of other creatures roaming around in the open, and I absolutely could not put this book down once I started!

This book has an old timey feel - with guys in cloaks hunting down wolves, but is apparently contemporary (I think). We join Red as he navigates the town dynamic to make a possibly lucra
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The story is well written and doesn’t hesitate to bring you quickly into their world-building a heavy feeling of animosity between shifters and humans. The dual point of view serves its purpose giving clear accounts of both sides of the turmoil. That being said as the story raced along and I found myself wishing it would slow.

The story kicks off in Red’s point of view bringing us into a world where shifters and humans aren’t just aware of each other, they’re enemies. While things seem to settle
Hope
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
“Shifters and humans don’t mix … “

That was the first book I’ve read by Danielle Annett. The book was well written, but everything went to fast for my taste, and I couldn’t connect with the characters.

Red and Liddy were from two different worlds. She was a shifter and he was a human. Her kind wants human’s death. His kind wants the shifters dead. But the only thing Red and Liddy want its peace between the two kinds.

Red is on a mission to find his sister until the beautiful white wolf blocks his
Larissa
I enjoyed this book, it was a quick, fun read. I felt like it was really fast paced and rushing to get somewhere, I would have liked more. I wasn't aware when I first started reading it that it belonged to another series/world. That being said it would have been nice to have a bit more world building in this book. I liked both points of view, it gave a great insight to the internal conflict of both characters.
The only real problem I have with this book is the lack of research I felt in this book
Karley Stafford
I’ll give this a 3.5.
I love a good shifter story and while it did entertain me there’s a few things I have issues with.

Embry.... dude your superiority complex is a complete turn off. Cannot stand how he acts, treats and talks to Lindy. It has my shackles raised.

Papa alpha... ummm you’re kind sexist. And I’m not down with that.

Lindy... girl what the hell do you want ? I was hoping for a strong female lead. One that would deserve to be alpha. One that would put these pompous males in their place.
Peta Benjamin
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love a good paranormal shifter book, this one will hook you in from the first page. Great new series - Magic and Bone, this is the first book of the series - Trouble with Wolves.

Danielle Arnett's writing style and storyline is excellent. This is a fast paced book with a bit of everything for the reader. Love the characters and all the elements of this book. Looking forward to the next book in the series.

This is a new author for me and after reading this book and really enjoying it, looked
Ashley Reyes
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I’m not certain how I feel about this book. I read the entirety of Aria’s story (so far?) but Lindy felt just like... less. Aria was already at a place where she was sure of her place in the world but Lindy seems constantly just a little off balance, just a little too questioning of herself for me to really get into this; too self centered and needy? I’m not certain, she just felt a little flat for my liking. I didn’t care muc
Tori Elmquist
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this

Lindy is the Alpha's daughter. Embry is convinced they should be together. Lindy had other ideas. When her father challenges her to choose a mate our be left out of the succession she , in her own way. When Red entrees the picture she thinks she had it all figured out. But Red's true allegiance isn't certain, and Embry isn't giving up that easily.

I had previously read the Blood and Magic series by this author, so I came in to this with high expectations. I was not disappointed. There i
Rebecca Goss
Sexism within a wolf pack leads distrust. Fear has lead humans to want to eliminate the wolf shifters and Lindy’s father, the current Alpha, must make sacrifices to protect his pact. Lindy refuses her father’s match for her and feels that she is most dominant and should be Alpha. This book is short and leaves room for more in the series. Sexism within a wolf pack leads distrust. Fear has lead humans to want to eliminate the wolf shifters and Lindy’s father, the current Alpha, must make sacrifice ...more
Witch-at-Heart
I’m not certain how I feel about this book. I didn’t care much for the love triangle, and it just didn't make sense to me it felt off. I also couldn't connect with the main characters and really found it difficult to like either Lindy or Red so that made it really difficult to become invested in the book.

The plot was promising at first but fell apart and seemed to just flounder into reactions to events instead of having a real plot. The change in POVs was not smooth and was even abrupt at times
Deborah
*ARC received in exchange for honest review*

This was the first book I've read by Danielle Annett. Although I did enjoy this book I found that everything went to fast for my taste. I enjoyed the double perspective I felt it was need to help create the two sides of the the animosity from both the humans and the werewolves. I would have like there to have been more time spent learning about the pack and how they interact, as well as on the wider world building. A good start to the series but I don'
Josephine
This book had a lot of potential. I thought the description was good but the book itself felt half complete. I feel like the author definitely could have fit more in, due to the ending feeling very unsatisfactory and incomplete. Not to mention the romance was also quite rushed. I feel like the characters barely knew each other. I am all for the idea of a forbidden romance but to me this didn't feel like a romance due to how quickly the characters "fell in love." I think this series has potential ...more
Samantha
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
This is the first from this author for me and it was good. I’m pulled in! Lindy is determined to lead her pack and keep them safe. She’s not Alpha yet and has a whole lot of issues to get there.
Red has his own agenda and he’s human. Their attraction is instant and pulling. But can they survive hatred and prejudice ?

• The First War (A Thousand Li #3)
  • For the Hunt (For the Blood #4)
  • For the Reign (For the Blood #3)
  • For the Blood (For the Blood #1)
  • For the Power (For the Blood #2)
  • A Murder of Manatees (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #2)
  • Diamonds and Blood (Chameleon Assassin #5)
  • The Science of Sci-Fi: From Warp Speed to Interstellar Travel
  • Chameleon's Death Dance (Chameleon Assassin, #4)
  • Chameleon's Challenge (Chameleon Assassin #3)
  • Chameleon Uncovered (Chameleon Assassin, #2)
  • Chameleon Assassin (Chameleon Assassin, #1)
  • Witches' Brew (Dark Streets #3)
  • Gods and Demons (Dark Streets #1)
  • Dragon's Egg (Dark Streets #2)
  • Lightning Blade (Ruby Callaway, #1)
  • Shadow Flare (Ruby Callaway #2)
  • Blood River (Ruby Callaway #3)
I'm just a girl with an obsession for Marvel movies, a love of all things Urban Fantasy, and a cheerleader for the underdog in any given story.

If you're looking for a heroine you can root for ... someone who defies the odds and gets up every time they're knocked down ... then look no further because that's what you'll find in my books.

I hope you'll join me in Aria Naveed's adventures. She's pretty