Start by marking “A Very Gothic Christmas (Feehan Christmas Stories, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Very Gothic Christmas (Feehan Christmas Stories, #1)

A Very Gothic Christmas (Feehan Christmas stories #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  2,321 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
TWO WICKED AND WONDROUS HOLIDAY NOVELLAS

AFTER THE MUSIC by CHRISTINE FEEHAN
Terrified by mysterious threats, Jessica Fitzpatrick spirits away her twin wards, Tara and Trevor, to the remote island mansion of their estranged father, world-famous musician Dillon Wentworth. Ever since the fire that claimed his troubled wife's life and left him horribly disfigured, Dillon has sh
Mass Market Paperback, 422 pages
Published November 1st 2002 by Pocket Books (first published October 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Gothic Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Gothic Christmas

Mandi Collins
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Been awhile since I've read her work! How could I forget how spectacular her writing is!!!!
E.L.
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
The only reason I gave this two stars instead of one was because it had potential.

Of course the writing was atrocious, so I had to cringe through many of the character descriptions that were vapid and hollow.

Including the twins was fine, but I felt like we knew more about them than the other main characters by the end.

The plot stunk as well.

The setting was the only thing that I enjoyed reading.

But that ending? Oh my! That was tacky with a capital T! What an utter lack of creativity!

I need to re
Kim
Nov 29, 2010 rated it liked it
In After the Music, Jessica arrives on a remote island in the midst of a horrible storm with the twins who have been practically her own since their birth 13 years ago. Tara and Trevor haven't seen their father for many years, since a terrible fire that changed all of their lives irrevocably. But now, for reasons that soon come clear, Jessica has brought them to the island unannounced, knowing that their father will protect them when she can't.

I don't know that I would have necessarily called t
Mel W
Two novellas - After The Music by Christine Feehan and Lady in the Locket by Melanie George.

I'm always a bit wary of anthologies but this one was really good. The second story made me cry!
Darlene
I'm a fan of Christine Feehan's Sisters of the Hearts series. When I saw this one at the library with holiday romances featuring a story by Feehan, I grabbed it! Feehan writes the first novella in the book, After the Music, while Melanie George (a new-to-me author) writes the second novella, Lady of the Locket.

After the Music is about a former rock star, Dillon, who has lived in seclusion for the past seven years after a fire burned down his home on his private island, which killed his wife and
Tonya Warner
Two short stories.

After The Music by Christine Feehan has Jessica Fitzpatrick taking the children of her employer to see him after many years apart. Dillon Wentworth had left his twins, Tara and Trevor, in the hands of Jessica'a mother. With her death, Jessica had assumed the duties. Severely burned in a fire that killed his wife, Dillon first spent years in the hospital and in rehabilitation, followed by an investigation to see if he had murdered his wife. He is not read to face his children. O
TinaMarie
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Samantha
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the book with two stories in one. While this is a Gothic, paranormal book, "After the Music" I felt was more believable in the romantic aspects than "Lady of the Locket". Maybe as I have gotten older and understand real love better than I did in my late teens and early 20's, I find the idea of falling in love with someone practically the second you see him/her a little "out there".

"After the Music" was a beautiful, mysterious, creepy story that had me on the edge o
Dena
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The 5 star rating is for the first story by Christine Feehan 'After the Music'. Loved the storyline, and the love story as well as the mystery was excellent. The second story by Melanie George 'Lady of the Locket' gets 4 stars. Mainly because I was bawling my eyes out at the end and used half a box of Kleenex. That story really tugs at your heartstrings. I don't want to give away the ending, which was ok, but I admit I was kind of hoping for a different ending.
Pat Babcock
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third time that I have read A Very Gothic Christmas and I loved it as much as the first. A hero who was critically burned when he attempted to save his twins from a house fire and the young woman who has raised them during his recovery. Many twists and turns as only Christine Feehan can so adeptly manage. The second book reminds me of A Knight in Shining Armor. Really enjoyed it.
Nibrock
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghosts, christmas
Two short stories. One where a family is torn apart and someone doesn't want them getting back together. The other a time traveler comes forward but can't leave his lands. He's torn between staying and returning.
Jaime Barfield
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After The Music is a romance like beauty and the beast if I have ever seen one with some Christmas mixed in. The Lady of the Locket is a mysterious romance that keeps ur heart aching to read more. Recommended for anyone that loves Christmas and romance.
JojoP
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

What a great and wonderful story so well written and it touched me so deeply. I’ve always been a Gothic Novel fan but I believe this has been the best I’ve read so far. A must read for all gothic novel fans and historical romantics as well.
Christina
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Christine Feehan's books. I need to look into Melanie George books. This one made my heart ach.
Shannon Dempsey
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The stories were okay and they had potential, but the writing was just a little too flowery and tacky for my tastes.
Anna Rikki
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Lots of crazy sauce! Really was a fun read as long as you’re willing to just go for it.
Lynn Demsky
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
AFTER THE MUSIC. It is a contemporary romance that centers on the tragedy of Dillion Wentworth, a talented musician haunted by his mistakes in the past. A broken marriage to his ex-wife, a secret growing love for the ward, Jessica Fitzpatrick, and a fire that demolished his home, left him scarred and alienated to his children sums up his misery. Years later, after Jessica rescues his children from the inferno, she returns to find Dillion - cold and almost a stranger. She hopes for a Christmas mi ...more
Kimberly
Nov 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, romance
This is the only Christmas themed novel I've read and overall I enjoyed it. The two stories that comprise the book are light on the Christmas, heavy on the mystery and romance. The first story After the Music by Christine Feehan started out interesting, but I found it repetitive. The characters kept thinking the same things over and over again and clues to the mystery were cast aside momentarily due to the main character's ADD thinking habits. The story was still good though and the mystery was ...more
Beverly McCall
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two novellas comprise this intriguing read. After the Music by Christine Feehan is the first novella set in modern day captures the miracle of Christmas as a family torn apart by tragedy is reunited on a remote island mansion. The magic of Christmas reunites an estranged father with his twin children and the lost love of his past, who happened to the children’s care taker.

The second novella by Milanie George, entitled, Lady of the Locket is a classic historical romance. This Christmas miracle br
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Sep 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Two stories of mysterious happenings and miracles at Christmas. The first story is about the aftermath of a horrible fire and unsolved murder that occured seven years ago. A long time love between Dillon and Jessi becomes known, guilt and pain are freed, and a murder is solved. The second story is of Rachel, who goes to Scotland to scatter her parents ashes on their anniversary, and Duncan, an 18th century laird and warrior who comes to life during a horrible storm. True love that lasts through ...more
Manda
Dec 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
I only read the first short story in this pairing, "After The Music." It just wasn't the type of thing I enjoy. The writing was very tell, not show, repetitively telling how the characters felt, how they saw watch other, while the POV hopped from character to character. The "romantic" scenes didn't read as sexy to me -- he was constantly thinking about how he knew her as a little girl, and I couldn't shake that when he was then woohooing her -- although I understand that's part of the whole "Got ...more
Ashleigh
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it
The First "mini" book in this two novel book was great....I loved it and didn't want to put it down.....but the second story didn't blend well at all other then the fact that it took place at christmas time....other than that the second (more historical) story was slow to get into and hard to finish...
Kathrynn
This book has two short stories and I liked them both:
1. After the Music, by Feehan
- Good tale of a musician burned in a fire/recluse

2. Lady of the Locket by Melanie George
- Wonderful story
- paranormal/ghost/time-travel
- need box of kleenex to read this one

Sherry Claywell
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book. Loved both stories. Loved how true love always wins out. Especially loved the the 2nd story Lady of the locket by Melanie George. It was a great tear jerker. Will read more of her stories.
Nerdy Chic
One of My Favorites

Still have this book from when it came out in paperback and I still love these stories. Sexy, paranormal Christmas tales that I've read and reread. I'd recommend to anyone who loves a touch of magic in their Christmas story.
JP
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad book, but also not what I was expecting from both authors. The first one by Feehan was okay, but the second only mediocre. There was too much frustration going on and not enough spark to keep me hooked for long. Nothing special, unfortunately.
Julie Book addict
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorite
I loved this story I have read it over and over :)
Rosie
Jan 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: trashy-drama
I've finished the first book in this compilation, but I'm not as impressed with the second book, which is by a different author. We shall see.
Dana_h
Apr 11, 2010 added it
A Very Gothic Christmas (Holiday Classics) by Christine Feehan (2002)
Jacqueline Coleman
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
I liked both story even though they were short.
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • Secrets of the Highwayman (Immortal Warriors, #2)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Jingle All The Way
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • Man of My Dreams (includes: The League, #3.5)
  • Dark Magic by Christine Feehan l Summary & Study Guide
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • Author-2-Author #3: Christine Feehan
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • This Year's Christmas Present
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • Lovescape
  • Texas Bad Boys
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more
More about Christine Feehan

Feehan Christmas stories (4 books)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3; Primes, #2.5)
  • The Wicked and the Wondrous (Drake Sisters, #2; Christmas Series, #1 & #2)