Start by marking “Wild Rain (Leopard People, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Rain (Leopard People, #1)

Wild Rain

(Leopard People #1)

To escape an assassin, Rachael finds sanctuary in the rainforest, where the most exotic of all creatures walks: Rio. But when he unleashes his secret animal instincts, Rachael fears that her isolated haven could become an inescapable hell...
Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages
Published January 27th 2004 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Wild Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Rain

“Someone was trying to kill her.”

This was an adult paranormal romance featuring leopard shifters.
(This is the second book in the Leopard people series.)

Rio and Rachael were both strong characters in this story. Both had been hunted before, and both knew how to take care of themselves, even when that led to further problems! I felt quite sorry for Rachael, as it seemed like her problems weren’t of her own making, and for her to then be injured and unable to take care of herself really bothered her.

“Rachael was comfortable in aher.
Sandra
Rachael Lospostos is leaving her old life behind by traveling to the rain forest (with a new name and a new identity) on a medical relief boat full of medical supplies for regions in need. When the boat she is on stops the passengers get ambushed by bandits with guns and Rachael flees into the rain forest. While hiding out in a tree house she falls asleep and gets woken by a leopard that attacks her by biting her leg. There is also a man there, with the leopards, who ends up tending to her injur ...more
Sophia Triad
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rio Santana & Rachael Lospostos
Settings: Borneo

Rachel has run away from danger. She disappeared from her home in the States with a new identity in order not to be murdered by her drug-lord uncle. Her parents were murdered when Rachel and her brother Elijah were children. Her uncle let them live and her brother has been heavily involved in the drug empire.
What Elijah never told her is that he can shift into a leopard and that possibly she can shift too but this has not happened yet.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Reread – 1st read in Sep 2013
The 2nd book in this series and what a fabulous world Christine Feehan has created.
From vampires to leopard shifters – from the Carpathian Mountains to the rainforests of Borneo, the wilds of America….and just as captivating.
 photo images201_zpsebd7deab.jpg
Rio Santana lives a life of solitude with two snow leopard cubs for company in his home hidden away in the rainforest.
 photo f089e48f7225e350aab6f4b7f1f7523c_zpsb8lvllnv.jpg
He discovers Rachael Lospostos in his home. After faking her death, she flees far away from her home to escape assassins who want to kill h
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Although it had a little bit of a slow start, Wild Rain turned out to be another winner for me. I can see how Christine Feehan's writing style doesn't work for everyone. She is very wordy. But I like that she really puts a lot of detail into descriptions of the setting and the feelings of the characters. It adds to the atmosphere and the emotional intensity of her stories, which is why she's a favorite of mine.

Ah, the jungle descriptions. Simply gorgeous. I wanted to be there, so bad
Lover of Romance
Wild Rain is the second in the Leopard series, and one that once I had finished felt deeply satisfied. I It is my favorite among the series so far, it was a intense but tender love story between two people that find themselves drawn into a suspenseful plot that will send them both fighting for their lives.

Rachel Lospostos, is a young woman where life has been unjustly cruel to her, and those that she has come to care for. Rachael's parents were killed when she was young, and she and
Tilly Slaton
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling ride through the survival of a leopard attack, torturous pain, fever and past life confusion.

Wild Rain is the second book in Christine Feehan’s leopard series. This book is the story of Rio and Rachael.

Rio is a male shape-shifting leopard who has been banished from the village of his people. He works with a team that rescues or assassinates psycho bad dudes.

Rachael (I’ll be vague because I refuse to write a spoiler heh) is running from her past. Sh
Cassandra
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!!

I own this book in paperback, and it is the 2nd book in the series and a full novel. This is for adults only due to the steamy content.

I loved Rio and Rachael’s story. It was full of action and twists and turns. I especially loved Fritz and Franz. Rachael is full of spirit and stands for what she believes in. They both have a past that they aren’t really intere
Delta
3.5 stars ~ On to the next one. ;D
Christine
Aug 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nope, not for me. Paranormal romance, read while staying at my mother's, recuperating from surgery. I had forgotten to pack any books and was desperate for something to read. This did not do the trick. Shapeshifters-and-assassins plot that made little sense, and "romance" that was just creepy. Ugh.

DNF around 50%.
John
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Progression of Reading a Good Christine Feehan Book:

25%: What the hell is going on? Why is the heroine so capable but then immediately put into a position where the hero has to take care of her? WE KNOW HE'S A LEOPARD SHIFTER ALREADY, JESUS. THAT'S THE POINT OF THE BOOK. Oh, look, random research about leopards. This is going to be a long book...

50%: This is getting a lot better, but I still can't believe that they're totally doing it even though his pet leopard NEARLY BI
Jennifer Wardrip
May 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Christine Feehan has once again launched her readers into a world where anything can, and usually does, happen---with a nice, big dose of the sexy paranormal thrown in. Feehan fans and newcomers alike won't be able to help being enthralled by the lush setting of this book, the hunky hero, the sleek jaguars of the jungle, and a heroine who is too damn spunky to let a little matter of being hunted get her down. Definitely a winner!
Ansu
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG what an amazing book!!!!!. I have not been reading this series in order but not to worry as you do not miss out on anything in the history of this amazing race, CF makes sure that you are aware of the history and background. If you love shifters together with a hot alpha male then read this one as Rio and Rachael will not disappoint. I cannot wait to see if Elijah will get his own story.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Seems like Feehan just isn't for me.
While everybody else just loves her stuff, it just comes off really choppy for me.

I was sort of lost the entire time reading this as if I'd jumped into the fifth book of a connecting series with no background. Things didn't make sense and everything was so matter of fact, like you should already know all this.
Maybe I should have read the prequel first but in my experience prequels are usually written during or after the series so they are pr
SheLove2Read
Feb 09, 2009 rated it did not like it
Well, well, well. My first wallbanger of the year and its from one of my favorite authors.

In a nutshell, this book sucked.

- no character development. if there's a prequel to this book it would have been nice to have read it. apparently it explains a whole heck of a lot of things.

-heroine is stupid. she is VIOLENTLY attacked by the hero's "pet leopards", nearly has her leg torn off, suffers days and weeks of fever and infection and then one day she magically "gets over it" because t
Dina
May 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Note to self: Do not buy this book. You've already read it in Fever.
Dee
Re-read May 2015 rating 4 Stars

Originally read 2011 rated 4 Stars
TJ
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read, just not a great read for me. Rachael’s back-story played a HUGE role in the overall plot but was only teased at throughout most of the book. This left me frustrated and annoyed the entire time I was reading. It wasn’t until the 75% mark or so that understanding finally took place enough for me to actually buy in and get involved.

I also didn’t realize there was a novella that explained all about the Leopard people which came before this first book. That didn’t play as big
Lolita de libros
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was my first Christine Feehan book. I was under the impression she was cheezy, because of the common complaint in several reviews, make fun of her always using 'velvet sheath' as her romantic, hot sexy vagina word. They were right, it is overly used. Velvet is dry and somewhat fuzzy, so it bugged me too!! SOooo sorry!! Other authors use better words, descriptions, and don't over use the description. I got to where I skipped those parts entirely.

Overall, though, it was a pretty good story.
Christine
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, fantasy
This book had an intriguing premise. I love the shape-shifting leopard people and the wild jungle setting.

There were two huge problems with this book that kept me from loving the story. First, this author made the common error of thinking that she could create drama by withholding information. This seems to happen in romance more than other genres, the information coming out when one confesses to the other, but in this case, by the time it came out, I was past the point of caring. It
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
The more I read of this series the more I love it! Rio and Rachael were the perfect couple and I loved both of their characters. Both strong, both selfless they seemed to be a perfect match, suited perfectly to each other so it made total sense to me that they were soul mates.

I also really loved the descriptions of the rainforest. Feehan really brought that setting alive and as I was reading, I remembered how delicate and important such environments are.

A really great romantic read; not every
Diana Gioia
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Mixed feelings on this book, but I intend to continue the series.
Paulette Nelson
Love the leopard series just finished leopards prey. They are all great. Feehan finds a way to put humor in all her books.
Pete
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feehan-christine
Wild Rain is book 2 of Christine Feehan’s series Leopard People. The Awakening, book 1, I was immediately attracted to Christine’s eloquent and detailed descriptions of rain forests and the significant role the climatic conditions play in the background. This landscape provide a huge amount of natural medicines even used today, and some are even exposed in this entertaining book as brown pastes and other salves.

Christine’s world building allows readers to experience all of the nuance
Olivia
“They call me the wind of death. How could you not know?”
-Rio

“You’re obviously one of those hemen seen only on film who can take forty-seven kicks in the ribs and keep on fighting. Don’t mind me for being human.”
-Rachael

He leaned over her and pressed his lips against her ear. “Do not make the mistake of bringing my emotions to life.” He whispered the warning, barely audible in the pounding of the rain on the roof and the howling of the wind at the windows.
It
Karyn
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.
Very interesting story this
After the meh first book The Awakening, Wild Rain was a great read. Rachael has come to the Borneo rain forest on the run from her past. Trying to stage her own death and begin a new life in the forest, she ends up in Rio's home, thinking its only a dwelling for travellers
Rio is one of the leopard people and has 2 clouded leopards as his companions. He thinks she’s one of the poachers and in the scuffle that follows his snow leopard hurts Rachael. Rio
Amy
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This second book in the series was definitely better than the first. I absolutely adored the interactions between Rio and Rachel. I get so sick of whiny heroines who can't do anything for themselves and need a big, strong man to do everything for them. And on the flip side, I hate the heroines who are so over-the-top feminist that they could turn washing their hands into an argument about the unfair treatment of women, or some bull mess like that. Rachel and Rio both gave as well as they took, a ...more
Aparna
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: Shape-shifting Leopards, Mobsters and Love - A weird combination right? Well, it's worth reading on those lazy days or to bring you out of any kind of dull mood.

Wild Rain is the second book in the Leopard People by Christine Feehan published in January of 2004. The plot revolves around Rio Santana – a shape-shifter leopard living in the Borneo Forests – and Rachael Lospostos – searching for a safe haven in the very same Borneo Forests,

The
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Book #2 in the Leopard series and it really ticked me off how this book was marketed. It is not NEW, but repackaged.

Warning A,: If you already have the book "Fever" you already have this book! "Fever" includes: "Wild Rain" (book #2) and "The Awakening" (book #1) in the Leopard Series. It's a large-size paperback.

This copy of "Wild Rain" is identical except the print is very small and it's in a mass market paperback. So get out a magnifying glass to read it.

Warning B,: If you already have the book/>Warning
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, pnr, audio
I was surprised and happy to start Wild Rain on audio and find out Renee Raudman was narrating. I really like her narrating the Kate Daniels series, and I enjoyed her in Wild Rain, but I kept thinking of Curran instead of Rio.

Anyhow I wasn't sure I was such a fan of Christine Feehan's writing style, but I really enjoyed Wild Rain. Rio and Rachael we great together and while the story dragged at times, the characters more than made up for it. I'm looking forward to reading more about
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 15 Apr 01, 2019 06:41PM

• Dark Hunger
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Mercury's War (Breeds, #12; Feline Breeds, #10)
  • Into The Shadow (Darkness Chosen, #3)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Walk on the Wild Side (The Others, #13)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • Marked by the Moon (Nightcreature, #9)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Leopard People (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Burning Wild (Leopard People #2)
  • Wild Fire (Leopard People, #3)
  • Savage Nature (Leopard People, #4)
  • Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #5)
  • Cat's Lair (Leopard People, #6)
  • Wild Cat (Leopard People, #7)
  • Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #8)
  • Leopard's Blood (Leopard People, #9)
  • Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
“Sometimes lying was the better part of valor and the only way to save a man’s butt.
25 likes