Start by marking “Can You See Me ?” as Want to Read:
Can You See Me ?

Can You See Me ?

Would you know if someone was watching you?

In the dark days since the sudden death of her surgeon husband, Julia’s main worry has always been Tash. Her student daughter was broken—she worshipped her father. But six months on, Julia thinks the light is returning. She is about to find out that she’s wrong.

When she saves the life of a boy who’s been hanging around her bea

Published January 1st 2020 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Can You See Me ?, please sign up.
Lynne Hi Tg. I'd say mystery/psychological suspense more than horror. But it's so hard to pin that kind of thing down when it's your own work, of course! …moreHi Tg. I'd say mystery/psychological suspense more than horror. But it's so hard to pin that kind of thing down when it's your own work, of course! (less)

Start your review of Can You See Me ?
Carrie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Can You See Me? by Lynne Barrett-Lee is a psychological thriller that has a bit of a twist on it’s style. The story is mainly told from the point of view of the main character, Julia, however there are also little chapters told from the point of view of the antagonist in the unique way of comparing themselves to different species of moths.

Julia is now a single mother after the sudden passing of her husband six months before and is not only recovering from the sudden loss herself but concerned fo
Linda Strong
Julia's husband is dead. It was unexpected, leaving her reeling and her daughter, Tash, broken. She had always been a daddy's girl. What the daughter doesn't know is that Julia and her husband had planned on divorcing before his untimely death.

Beginning to see the light, the two spend some time at theri beach cottage. That's when things begin to happen.

Julia spot a young boy peeking into their cottage. When she approaches him, he takes off running, and falls leaving him with serious injuries. Be
Kat Dietrich

Can You See Me by Lynne Lee is a psychological thriller.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Amazon Publishing, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

My Synopsis:   (No major reveals, but if concerned, skip to My Opinions)

Julia's husband has recently died, and her focus has been on seeing her daughter Tash through this devastating time.   Although she had plans to divorce David, no one knew, so she's
Charlie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-on-ebook
I thoroughly enjoyed this! I bought it on kindle on a whim, despite usually reading mostly romance, scf-fi and fantasy. Fortunately, my impulse purchase worked out well.

I really enjoyed the story as it unfolded and I liked Julia a lot, she was so real and very easy to empathise with. Her feelings seemed very real and I enjoyed the slow progression of the romance.

I had half guessed the twist at the end but I still really enjoyed it.

I would absolutely recommend this book if you feel like you'd
Harmony Kent
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Lynne Lee is now one of my top authors of 2020, and I will be reading more of her books, which by the way, are written under the name Lynne Barrett-Lee. [Lynne Lee is a pen name.]

First up, one of my fave lines from the book: ‘… it hits me that our past is all so much debris clinging to the tideline; ..’

I connected with each and every character in this book. I could relate. They were all real and believable. The narrative hooked me and pulled me right in, much as a moth to a fl
Karin
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can You See Me opens like a familiar scent of cookies wafting through empty halls of your childhood home. A bittersweet memory of something lost, and the acknowledgement of moving on. Julia has recently lost her husband and she and her daughter Tash are moving on, tragically interrupted by a sudden turn of events when a strange young man need saving.

It is a brilliant book which managed to throw a good few red herrings at me - not at all an easy task. Lynne Lee opens a whole new world of introspe
Vanessa
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-x
Can You See Me by Lynne Lee was a brilliant read and I was hooked from the very first few pages. This book is a psychological thriller that has lots of twists and turns throughout which I love in a book. I loved the way Lynne threw in a few red herrings within the book Very Clever! Didn't see them coming!!!

Can You See Me is beautifully written and is very addictive that will have you glued to your kindle or book.

I highly recommend this book. Its Just Brilliant!

Big Thank you to NetGalley and Am
Pauline Happé
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this book. Enjoyed the way the relationships of the characters was highlighted by the end passages about the moths. Who knew there were so many different moths. I didn't see the end coming and ended up staying up very late so that I could finish it. Excellent. ...more
Wayward Readers Book Blog
A seemingly familiar trope of love, lies and betrayal. As the protagonist uncovers deep seated secrets, she finds herself and her daughter in the midst of formidable danger. What Lynne Lee does though to push her narrative past the familiar is add an alternative perspective. One that, once the reader can look past what is being handed over at surface level, digs deep into a dark side of character development. Lee has used another level of creativity to express perspective here and it brings so m ...more
Alexis
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very well written, loved it!
Janis Barrs
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captured, brilliant and now see moths in a whole new light. (Oops)

Really good story , brilliant narrators, great imagination and worth reading again and again. just look out for Lynne Lee's other books.
Donna Hines
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Would you know if someone was watching you?"
Would you blindly follow someone off the cliff?
Would you help a troubled person in need especially one with a mental illness and or drug addiction?
Lessons are meant to be learned.
What if you are simply too gullible and believe everything you are told?
I have a saying for those who fall for the trap, remember that even fool's gold shines...especially with regards to personality trait disorders such as narcissism.
So with this said lets begin -Shall we?!
T
Sylvia
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! Great story!! 1st book I have read by this author!! Received this book from Amazon uk from netgally!!
Connie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia Young is a doctor and is staying for a few days at her beach home in Wales. Her professor husband, David, died from a stroke about six months ago. Shortly before his death, they had been planning to get a divorce. However, their daughter, Tash, is now a freshman at university and they didn’t want to upset her so they had been holding off telling her.

Coming up from the beach, Julia sees a young boy hanging around her cottage. When he spots her, he starts running and she chases him. She want
Emma Bernard
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia, mom to a teenage daughter Tash, is surfing when she sees a boy near her home. As she goes near him, he takes off running and seriously injuring himself. Julia, being a physician, saves him until they are rescued by helicopter. Julia has no idea who the boy is, and why he is near her home. The only identifier on him is a butterfly tattoo on his wrist. Things get even stranger for Julia when she find's her late husband's watch in the boy;s bag. Tash and Julia then realize a series of strang ...more
Laurie Tell
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am torn about this review.

I loved so many things about this book:
I loved the writing style, which really drew me in
I loved the way that the story was going in one direction, and then suddenly there were some surprises
I loved how this was different from anything I've read in a while
I loved the main characters and their stories

So why am I torn?
There was a big "twist" that I saw coming a mile away. There was too much foreshadowing. But maybe it wasn't supposed to be a twist?

There were a few ot
Joanne Caine
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in the hills and beaches of Wales alongside the cityscape of London, this mystery / crime story really is like none I have read before.

Julia saves a boys life after she found him lurking outside of her Welsh cottage seemingly up to no good. This leaves Julia with many unanswered questions. Not only around the boys unknown identity, but also about her late husband buried secrets.

Thank you to the author for the advanced kindle copy. This didn't influence my opinion in anyway and I was very ha
Janice Lombardo
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia, a doctor, had recently lost her husband, David (also a doctor) in an accident. Now, at Julia's summer home, she catches a "kid" looking into her window and then running away. She finds him on the cliffs where he is bleeding out. However, a good Samaritan hears Julia's cries for help and a helicopter rushes both Julia and the "kid" (identity still unknown) to the hospital in Cardiff.

The "kid" survives surgery but is placed into an induced coma. The reader also senses that there may be a li
lizzie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great thriller full of twists

I haven't read anything by the author, Lynne Lee before,but I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the beginning.

I also really liked authors style of writing . And felt drawn in to the story straightaway.I
A psychological thriller with many twists and turns.

I high!y recommend Can You See Me?
Mrs Vanessa Bentley
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended

I read all sorts of novels although many do not stay with me for long. This one is quite the opposite. Not only is there a completely shocking climax but the characterisation is well drawn and utterly convincing. The "moth" interludes only gradually make sense but the way that voice develops is masterful. One to relish !!
Christopher Hood
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great page turner

I really enjoyed the main chapters. The additional parts discussing the moths, I didn't enjoy so much... At least not until the second half of the book, when the jigsaw started to come together. That I know the areas where much of the book was set was an added bonus.
Marina Johnson
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book; beautifully written with a great story and believable characters. I read it in a couple of days because I couldn't put it down. Will definitely be looking for more by this author. ...more
Lynda Kelly
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I really enjoyed this though she almost lost her 5* because of a really dumb mistake, though, since there really weren't many more throughout, she got a pass........and Christmas is coming ! This was my Kindle First selection for December.
It was a fascinating story full of secrets, lies and omissions and I was sure I'd sussed it all out in my head and........I hadn't ! I was woefully wrong yet again. It was nice to read of a likeable protagonist as most of the females I've read about recently ha
Rae
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t see you

Very relatable with contemporary setting in Wales and London. Compelled though the pages, guessing, satisfying full conclusion. Totally worth a go.
MR JOHN SHAFFORD
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very unusual

I struggled to get into this book (the month chapters really didn't help) but then reached a point where I couldn't put it down. So glad I persevered.
KAZ
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked from the beginning a brilliant read
Megan Hex
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty good thriller! Well paced and I liked the twists. The “moth” interstitials were a little annoying at first, but I warmed to them as the rest of the story began hinting at their true nature.
Nic
May 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really struggled to keep going with this book. I wasn't fond of the writing style and the story moves very slowly for the first half of the book. It does get more interesting after the halfway point but I think because I was so disinterested during the first half I didn't really feel the tension or care about the characters during the second half. I only persevered with getting to the end as I read so many reviews saying the second half of the book was worth reading but I only found the second ...more
e wulfestieg
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating

For me a page turner. Well developed plot. Surprising twists. Wonderful information about moths. The switching from the story line to the info about moths was brilliant. The author changed voices so convincingly between Julia and Rachel. Loved it as well as learned a lot.
Kate Hepler
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

I love d this book!!! It's a page turner. Unable to put it down.
Very good author. Like to read more of her books.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Chestnut Man
  • Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta, #2)
  • Enemies
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • When We Were Vikings
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Whispers of War
  • Beautiful Secret (Dirty Hollywood #1)
  • The Woman in the White Kimono