Start by marking “Year-Round Trouble: 14 Original Cozy Holiday Mysteries (Familiar Legacy)” as Want to Read:
Year-Round Trouble: 14 Original Cozy Holiday Mysteries (Familiar Legacy)

Year-Round Trouble: 14 Original Cozy Holiday Mysteries (Familiar Legacy)

14 talented mystery authors team up with Trouble, the black cat detective, to take a whirlwind tour of mystery locales—and holidays—across the country and the calendar. In this unique collection of original stories, the black cat shows his charm and sass as he works with cozy sleuths you know and love!

From facing down the spirits of Halloween with a Maine Coon Cat named Di

Published January 13th 2020 by KaliOka Press

To ask other readers questions about Year-Round Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Year-Round Trouble

Start your review of Year-Round Trouble: 14 Original Cozy Holiday Mysteries (Familiar Legacy)
Wulfwyn
Year-Round Trouble is my first encounter with Trouble the wonderful black cat. I am so enchanted by him that I want to find every book he is in! If, like me, you haven’t read of him, I cannot encourage you enough to get this book. If you read his adventures than you are probably already planning to get it.
This book, written by various authors, is centered around a year of American holidays, (and yes, Cinco de Mayo, the way it is celebrated, is an American holiday. My ex-husbands as from D.F. an
Andrea Stoeckel
“A biped is a necessary evil when solving crimes.”

In the words of Trouble the cat, when you’re a cat few people notice you, which can be good or bad depending on what you’re looking at...oh, can get a human to understand. Trouble has a great opinion of himself that he gladly shares with readers but the human characters are another story.

In 14 stories, Trouble does almost everything but drive! And the places he goes! A train trip! Taos! down the Mississippi! And, in these stories he either woks
Jeanie Jackson
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I often mention that I am not a big fan of short stories and then turn around and say how much I loved one. Yep, here we are again. But when five writers I LOVE are part of an anthology, there is no question it will be an auto-buy. As a matter of fact, as soon as I discovered that Ritter Ames was one of the authors, I pre-order it only to realize that Larissa Reinhart, Pamela DuMond, Connie Shelton, Joanne Pence, and of course Carolyn Haines were contributers, I almost did a dance. It turned out ...more
Anne Leazar
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, fiction
What a great idea of year-round mysteries featuring the sleek black cat detective, Trouble on his many adventures throughout the various year round holidays.  Fourteen highly entertaining stories ranging from twisty mysteries to sweet romances to satisfy a wide variety of readers.

I had a difficult time picking four stories for this review, so I will start with one of the funniest short story that I have ever read in a very long time.  My sides are still hurting from all that laughing from Trou
Jamie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cats, cozy-mystery
This is a wonderful collection of short stories featuring Trouble the black cat detective. My favorites are: Trouble Goes A Haunting by Miranda James, and Trouble Takes the Cake by Connie Shelton.

I received an ARC from the publisher for an honest review.
Miss W Book Reviews
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is written by 14 amazing authors. Each story has trouble the cat , who is a sleuthing detective to a new place.

My review is for Eggspectation of Trouble by Susan Boles.
Trouble is visiting the town of Mercy, Missisippi and Lily Gayle Lambert.
The Lily Gayle Lambert Series is one of my all time favorite series, and I was excited to see what trouble would do !

This mystery is set at Easter in the wonderful southern town of Mercy. I really love all the characters in this southern to
Lynn
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub
I've never done a review on an anthology before but I'm going to give it a whirl so hear goes. This book is written by a group of ladies that call themselves the Mad Catters.
I enjoyed most of the stories. I really like the fact that most of them have a blurb included in the story about Trouble's biped Tammy Lynn. It gives you an idea of how Trouble gets to where the story takes place as apposed to having him plunked in the story with no idea of how he got there. I found them very entertaining w
Donna Townsend
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What could be better than 14 short stories featuring our slinky black cat Sherlock Holmes? What a fun romp to follow Trouble and his antics with new friends, both two and four-footed, as each holiday unwinds. This book is a real hoot!
Be prepared to be hooked quickly! Trouble pushes his way into so many new adventures while Tammy is off on the sidelines. As usual he manages to convince the humans he meets that he has a real knack for solving puzzles. And mending broken hearts.
My favorite episode
Barb Foerst
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
14 stories of Trouble the black cat investigating his cases. Each involves a holiday from Mardi Gras to New Years Eve in 2020.

I like that the stories are written by different authors as it gives Trouble a different voice as he travels throughout the US solving mysteries.
Amy
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Don’t miss out on this wonderful book written by 14 very talented authors. Each author takes Trouble the cat detective during a holiday to a new place.
When Trouble is around you know a case will pop up and he will use his skills to help that biped solve the mystery.
Spend the holidays with Trouble and enjoy his humor and sass.

I received an ARC prior to publication and decided to voluntarily review it.
Opinions are my own.
Jan Sjostrand
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
14 great mysteries with Trouble the cat detective. Each story is written by a cozy author and includes their sleuths working with Trouble. The book was a fun easy read
Frances Driscoll
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Time for Trouble

I loved every story, The settings were interesting and the characters were likeable. Trouble is an amazing detective in a variety of celebration s.
Karen Hollins-Stallman
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Year-Round Trouble" (Familiar Legacy Mystery ) by these 14 amazing authors. I loved this book and have now purchased the previous books in the series.

Even though this is the first book I have read in the Trouble series and several authors are new to me, I was able to follow along easily. So it can be read as a stand alone. I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting, I have even found some new favourite authors!

The protagonist is a lovely black cat named Trouble, aka the black cat
Martha Countryman
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Year-Round Trouble” is so much fun! It follows Trouble, the black cat with inclinations to help humans solve crimes. Fourteen adventures are provided with different “bi-ped” helpers. Help is offered through a main character of each of the authors. Larissa Reinhart, Ritter Ames, and Connie Shelton were already on my favorite cozy author list. This was a great way to find new authors I want to read! Also I'll be wanting more Trouble. It was addicting! I couldn't put it down until I had all fourte ...more
Lynn Dawson
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trouble At His Best

This is a great collection of stories. It was refreshing to read each author's take on Trouble and incorporate him with their own characters.
E
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read
This is my first introduction to Trouble the Cat. I loved following his adventures from author to author. I’ve now found some new authors to read.
Jan 28, 2020
nancy walat
Jan 21, 2020
Nikki Demuth
Mar 05, 2020
Al Allegue
Feb 05, 2020
Wendy Sue Anderson
rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2020
John R. Ortman
Jan 24, 2020
Michelle Kaufman
Mar 20, 2020

• Trouble Most Faire (Familiar Legacy, #11)
  • Trouble's Wedding Caper (Familiar Legacy, #8)
  • Trouble in Tallahassee (Familiar Legacy, #3)
  • Trouble in Dixie (Familiar Legacy, #2)
  • Lawless Litter (Pet Whisperer P.I. #11)
  • Small Town Trouble (Familiar Legacy, #5)
  • Familiar Trouble (Familiar Legacy, #1)
  • Retriever Ransom (Pet Whisperer P.I. #10)
  • Bone-a-fied Trouble (Familiar Legacy, #9)
  • Trouble in Paradise (Familiar Legacy, #6)
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • Proof in the Photo (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #9)
  • Purrfectly Dogged (The Mysteries of Max #19)
  • Wings and Broken Things (Mitzy Moon #3)
  • Trouble Under the Mistletoe (Familiar Legacy, #4.5)
  • Dead to the Last Drop (Killer Coffee #8)
  • Sunset Beach
  • Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)
AKA Susan Tanner, historical romance writer.