Start by marking “A Holiday Homecoming” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Holiday Homecoming

Liv Rancourt

A Holiday Homecoming

Ten years ago, Jon’s passion for the piano took him across country to New York, where a demanding concert career consumed his life and left him no time to look back. His father’s stroke is the only thing that brings him home to Seattle. The sick room makes for a dreary holiday until Jon runs into Bo, whose inner light can make anything sparkle.

Bo loves the holidays; the
Published December 1st 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Holiday Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Holiday Homecoming

Start your review of A Holiday Homecoming
☆ Todd

Ehhh.

I kept waiting for that *spark* of romance and, to be honest, interest in this story, but it never really materialized.

With stories of old friends reuniting, even from long ago, my favorite thing is the rekindling of old, genuine feelings, of longing, but I didn't get much of that here.

The story was technically fine and well-written, but I never really connected with any real excitement, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood for what this one had on offer.

So for my own personal level of
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Jon and Bo- two opposite personalities. Jon is rigid and Bo is sparkling. Jon is a well-paid musician with expensive clothes and Bo is a teacher with just average clothes. Jon travels around the world and Bo will never, ever.

After many years Jon will be home for the Christmas holidays and only because his father is very ill. When he meets his school friend, Bo, again they have an instant reconnection. Bo visits Jon at home where they make beautiful ornaments.
Suddenly Jon gets an offer for a New
Joyfully Jay
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Liv Rancourt has released a sweet holiday novella in A Holiday Homecoming. It features two men who both have experienced their own forms of loneliness and who remember with fondness a middle school crush that still makes them tingle. Bo and Jon come together in this quick Christmas story learning that you can peel back the years and still rekindle old feelings. In many ways, this story was about self-discovery and coming to understand just what is important in life.
Ami
This is another case where I liked the blurb more so than the story. Maybe it’s the length limitation. Maybe I just don’t feel connected to the author’s writing. In any case, I thought the story didn’t carry the emotion I needed.

The blurb mentioned “Jon’s father’s stroke” and that “Bo doesn’t fly anywhere”. At least Jon’s turmoil about coming home and helping his mother versus the demanding life of musicians that travel a lot was there. But I still found the “conflict” of Jon and his father – I
Erica
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This started out good, but fizzled by the end.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Jon moved to New York for his career a decade ago and hasn’t looked back until his father has a stroke and Jon finds himself back in Seattle for the holiday season. Jon is not happy to be back, until he meets up with an old school friend Bo. Can Bo’s infectious joy for the Christmas season help Jon through this time, and can the two men form something lasting when they live on opposite sides of the country?

I found this story deeply intriguing. While most Christmas-themed stories are usually
Ash
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, christmas, mm, omg-review
This short, sweet homecoming holiday story is a great way to kick off the holiday season. It's got so many things I love in a book - childhood friends to lovers, family relationships, and lovable characters (I freaking love Bo).

Jon is back home in Seattle for the holidays to help his parents after his father's stroke. His relationship with his parents is pretty strained - his mother always supports him wholeheartedly while he feels his father is just constantly disappointed in him. The one good
Jenn
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an adorable, fun holiday read that just made my heart happy! I loved Bo and Jon and their sweet story. It’s a great read to get you into the holiday spirit!

Bo is busy with the holiday season, adding sparkle everywhere. Jon has just returned home to help his mother after his father has a stroke. These two were friends when they were younger, before Jon left to become a successful pianist in New York. Their connection is back instantly and as they spend time together they realize how
MariF
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story and author's writing style, liked sweet Bo and a bit self-absorbed Jon. I think they make a good pair and Jon was doing his best to make amends with his family and Bo.
I think a couple of chapters would have made it feel less HFN and more finite but I enjoyed it enough not to complain much :)
Hope
I'm a sucker for second chances and happy endings. Love it.
Sylvia
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~3~ ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
This story is a romance but also about Jon's growth as a person as he reconnects and re-prioritizes his life. I like how neither man has to give up his career to make things work.
Erika

• Notes From Home
  • Sweet Anticipation
  • A Christmas Cabin for Two
  • Unscripted
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Toy Story
  • Twice Baked
  • Promise (Single Dads #3)
  • The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter, #1)
  • Hot Potato (Seacroft, #3)
  • Irises in the Snow
  • Rocket Science
  • Mr. Sparkles
I write romance: m/f, m/m, and v/h, where the h is for human and the v is for vampire…or sometimes demon. I write funny. I don’t write angst. When I’m not writing I take care of tiny premature babies or teenagers, depending on whether I’m at home or at work. My husband is a soul of patience, my dog is the cutest thing evah(!), and we’re up to three ferrets.

I can be found on-line at all hours of