Start by marking “They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)” as Want to Read:
They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)

They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)

After a tumultuous year, she gets an unexpected surprise just before Christmas…
Amelia has always tried to do everything right, having all the right friends and marrying her high school sweetheart after graduating college. But the thing with best laid plans? Sometimes they go to hell in a hand basket. Sometimes your perfect husband is gay and then your perfect friends bail.
Published December 3rd 2019 by Hummingbird Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about They Started with a Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Started with a Kiss

Start your review of They Started with a Kiss (Magnolia Valley, #8)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amelia's and Sebastian's night has had unforeseen consequences. Now the question is, how will they deal? Well, they're both good people, so they deal with it like adults - they talk it out and decide that they can work it out. After all, the night came about because they have feelings for each other, not just physically.

Now if only the people around them would let them be and stay out of their business...

I really like this story and this series. I've read a few of the previous and keep coming
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This is another brilliant book in the series and i really loved Amelia and Sebastian.

I have looked forward to reading Sebastians story for a while now and he really shows what a caring character he is in this book. He also shows that has more backbone than people give him credit for.

Amelia has had bit of bad luck, but after a slightly drunken one night stand with Sebastian, her life is changed even further,
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Amelia and Sebastian have a one night stand. She ends up pregnant. They spend the book trying to be friends and make it work for the baby. Of course they end up in love by the end.
Tara Peters
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored Sebastian and Amelia's story. Neither one thought they were good enough for the other and had reason to run when feelings got involved. She ran a little earlier than normal, before he woke up in the morning. Then, even though she didn't want to, she ignored him when she saw him. She was gunshy, her ex-husband wanted a divorce because he was gay and she had to keep it a secret. The only problem with staying away, she is pregnant and it is Sebastian's.
Sebastian was always treated poorly
Wendy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They Started with a Kiss is the 8th book in the Magnolia Valley series. This is my second book by this author and I am thoroughly hooked. Her stories are sweet and flow so easily that you will breeze right thorough it. Because this is a continuous series, you get to feel like you know all of the families living in the small town of Magnolia.

Both main characters have their hang ups. Neither think they are worthy and after a night of fun, their lives change forever. It was beautiful seeing the
Kelly DeMarco
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overcoming fear and accepting goodness is deserving
They Started With A Kiss (Magnolia Valley Book 8) by Cora Reed is a very well written book that is fraught with emotional tension, emotional fear and overcoming feeling not worthy of goodness or love, not to mention panty melting chemistry that knocks these characters socks off.
Sebastian and Amelia are quite alike. Both strive to make other proud and be helpful while putting themselves and their needs last until they finally address the elephant
Jacky
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Magnolia Valley series. Normally the book pulls me right into the story. This book took a bit of time for it to flow for me.

When I started the book, I felt like I had walked into the middle of a story. I probably should have gone back to the previous book to see if Sebastian and Amelia's story started ther, but I didn't.

Sebastian and Amelia both had baggage and the way there relationship started, it didn't make for the best foundation. I really liked the way their relationship
Lauren
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
As part of the Hidden Gems ARC program I have read several of the books in this series in exchange for reviews as I have done with this one. I have enjoyed the Magnolia Valley series, and I have been waiting for Sebastian’s story with Amelia. As another reviewer mentioned, their “kiss” started in a prior book and this one starts with the result of their one-night stand being revealed. Although it is not completely necessary, it helps to read the other books in the series.
The story of Sebastian
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two more great characters in the Magnolia Valley series.
The youngest Wilder brother, Sebastian, has always been overlooked. He finally has a chance to prove himself within the family business, but his life takes an unexpected turn after a night with Amelia and he suddenly finds himself having to step up in more ways than one.
Amelia’s life has taken a serious dive.... betrayed by the one person she thought she loved she is left to pick up the pieces and face the gossip about her divorce.
Finding
Andrea (Hammock and Read)
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn't wait for this one as we ended off with this possibility in the last book. LOVE this series so far. This series one of my favorites of the year! You might need to go back to the last book to pick up the one night stand part. Sebastian is the youngest out of the Wilder brothers and the most quiet of them as he is the accountant of the family business but as we find out some reasons and shows his brothers what he is made of. Amelia is off a divorce and living with her mother and brother. ...more
Floraljoy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy romance:
It was so good to finally discover Sebastian and Amelia's stories and see them grow as individuals and as a couple. There relationship initially contained a lot of push and pull as they fought against getting together. However it was sweet seeing them work through their insecurities and come to a place of acknowledging the deep love that they have for one another.
As usual there are the usual small town Magnolia Valley antics and it was fun catching up on the lives of past
Julia
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another good story in the Magnolia Valley series. The story is about Sebastian Wilder, the youngest of the Wilders and the last to get his story. I liked that this book wrapped up the storyline of the Wilder family. The heroine Amelia is just getting out of a divorce when she runs into Sebastian at a wedding and they have an amazing night together. She's not ready for a relationship but an unexpected pregnancy complicates things. I liked both Sebastian and Amelia. They were good people ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian Wilder’s book is one of the stories in this series I’ve most been looking forward to. And this book did not disappoint. It’s filled with lots of big emotions and even plenty of laughter. I loved how this story shows us both Sebastian and Amelia growing into their best selves, learning to stand up for what they want and what they believe in, and building better relationships all around for it. This pair are utterly adorable together, showing us that sometimes something that could be ...more
Margery Baker
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming!
Like all the rest of the books in this series, this one will leave you smiling. Magnolia Valley is a mythical haven where although bad things may happen, the good overpowers it in the end. Amelia and Simon make an interesting couple in that she is divorced, and he is a quiet accountant. How is it going to be possible for two such reticent individuals to get together in the first place? Only Ms. Reed knows, and she makes it possible without it seeming the least bit contrived. Great
Courtney Turner
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read all of the books on this series and I have loved them all. But this one blew me out of the water.

Sebastian and Amelia, what can i say about this couple? Both have a past that keeps them closed off. But a one night stand makes it so their lives will change very soon. I think Sebastian is my new book boyfriend. He is so sweet and you can’t but help falling in love with him. All he wants is Amelia and he will do anything so she will give them a chance. But there of course are people that
Lady M.
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the whole series so far, but it took me a little bit to get back into it with this book. The beginning feels like you're jumping in mid story. I went back and skim through the last book, It Was Always You to refresh myself. Sebastian and Amelia have their own chapter in that book so I highly recommend you read it first. However if you haven't / don't - just hanging and things will fall into place.

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much while reading this book! I seriously loved it so much
Cheryl Sanders
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book 8 in the Magnolia Valley series and it features Sebastian and Amelia. Her marriage fell apart because her husband decided he preferred men over women. After her divorce, she had a one night stand that’s given her more than she ever expected. Sebastian was upset that she left the next morning without even leaving a goodbye note. Three months later, she’s knocking on his door. SURPRISE! This is a really sweet and sexy romance between two people that each need that one person who ...more
Annette Krumske
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
They Started with a Kiss by Cora Reed is a very good edition to the Magnolia Valley series. Amelia a divorce school teacher has a one night stand with Sebastian and ends up pregnant. Amelia want to raise the baby alone and Sebastian who has had a crush on her since high school wants to be their for both Amelia and the baby. Sebastian and Amelia story is heartwarming and romantic and well worth the time to read. I highly recommend reading it. I received a free copy of this book for and have ...more
Margaret McGovern
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful romance that continues with two more residents of Magnolia Valley, Amelia and Sebastian.The blurb gives a good preview of the story that coincides with the Christmas Holidays. The story is similar to reality that life isn't always easy and the two main characters each have gone through hardships which helped them to find one another. Ms. Reed did a wonderful job developing the characters and the story line. I received a complementary copy of this book via Hidden Gems and chose to write ...more
Mesorain
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This was a cute and sexy story. Amelia and Sebastian wanted each other but they both thought the other didn't want them. Weeks after a night together, a surprise hits them both. Amelia has to deal with a pushy town of harpies up to no good and a mother that is looking to stay in the harpies good graces. Some people just need to be sincere and not so, out to get you. Love their story. Just imagine a man like Sebastian and a woman like Amelia to take over the hurt loss from their past. It is a ...more
Nk Padua
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian and Amelie are so perfect for one another! Melanie has always ruffled my feathers, whenever she was mentioned here and in the other books of the Magnolia Valley series. I loved how Sebastian's story somewhat rounded up the story of the Wilder brothers. I also liked the fact that this particular situation forced people to reveal their innermost thoughts and helped determine who are real friends and who aren't.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Barbara
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book eight in the Magnolia Valley series a well written story with a good storyline. Sebastian Wilder and divorced Amelia Edgecombe have a one night stand that leaves her with more, she tells him and he wants to be part of her life. I enjoyed reading how their story comes together. I am glad that Melanie got what she deserved. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Angela
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amelia life is out of control. Divorced, moving back in with her Mom and now more surprises are in front of her. Sebastian has alway been the quiet Wilder. He manages the family accounts but Amelia is bringing out another side of him. He is a very romantic and lovable character. His care for Amelia is very sweet. She can’t believe it is true!

Victoria
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much; you not only get a new couple to fall in love with each new book, but you also get to see previous couples stories continue throughout the series.

I've had a soft spot for Sebastian so was looking forward to his story. I loved seeing him and Amelia work through their relationship and the baggage they each come with. They could just be my new favourite couple of the series.

JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
“They Started With A Kiss”, a Magnolia Valley book, was my first read by author Cora Reed. I decided to ARC a copy of this book based on the premise (accidental pregnancy) and blurb. I found Sebastian and Amelia to be interesting characters and enjoyed their banter. The secondary characters in the story were all very interesting and I’m thinking I would have enjoyed the book more had I read the other books in the series, but, as is it was an easy and enjoyable read.
BookSnuggle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They Started with A Kiss is book number eight in the Magnolia Valley series by Cora Reed.

I was hooked from beginning to end. Amelia and Sebastian were great characters. I wished that they were real people. Their story was funny, sweet and steamy and it had me laughing and crying at times. I really enjoyed their story it was a treat.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Lisa H
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The timing is off.

As in way off.
Good girl Amelia never made a wrong step. Until her world crumbles down her so called perfect life. Her husband is gay.
So, she has a hook up with Sebastian but we’ll, her luck is all wrong and she’s pregnant. Timing.

Sebastian is a good guy. Timings not the best for him, but he’s in it for the long haul.
I liked this book and recommend it.

Nati
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
After her one nigth stand with Sebastian, Amelia is trying to go on with her lofe. But when she discovers that she is pregnant, she knows she must tell him. Sebasrian is set to do the right tjing and help Amelia on everything she needs. Will thry realise that what they need is to face their feelings and give it a try to be a family? Sweet story. I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily reviewed it.
Boopy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweet story of a couple that got started as a hookup but realized during their pregnancy that they really liked each other. Amelia is really wary as she was left bereft by her recent divorce, but when she finds out about the pregnancy and tells Sebastian, his response exceeds her expectations when he embraces his impending fatherhood and really proves her that he's into coparenting - and clearly more. I found Amelia to be a great lead, but it was Sebastian that won my heart.
RoseyLovesBooks
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kindergarten teacher Amelia Edgecombe had a one night stand with the handsome Sebastian Wilder 3 months ago and has been avoiding him since then. That is, until Amelia finds out she's pregnant. Amelia and Sebastian decide to give things a try but can a one one stand be the start of a happily ever after?

They Started with a Kiss is a fun, sweet and steamy story that will leave you with a smile on your face. I can't wait to read Micah and Joanna's story in Book 9 of the Magnolia Valley series.

• It was Always You: A Small Town Love Story (Magnolia Valley Book 7)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)
  • Destiny on Ice (Boys of Winter, #1)
  • All the Days After (Foothills, #1)
  • Crimson: A Dark Mafia Romance (Colors of Crime, #4)
  • Shadowed Rubies (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #4)
  • NEED IT, BAD (Breakaleg Trilogy Book 1)
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Reckless Fall (Sinful Truths, #3)
  • The Rancher’s Inherited Family (McCall Ranch Brothers #1)
  • Exposed (Black Light #2)
  • Special Agent Murphy (Undercover FBI Book 8)
  • Oopsie Daisy (The Flower Shop Sisters, #3)
  • Hush: A Christmas Romance
  • Bring It On Home (Misfit Inn, #4)
  • snowed in with the rancher
  • Booty and the Beast (Touchdowns and Tiaras #5)
  • The Casino Players Saga Boxed Set: The Complete Trilogy
Cora writes funny, steamy contemporary romances. She tries to write characters she would like to have coffee with–intelligent, witty women and smart, interesting men with a good sense of humor (and very sexy, of course). She’s always loved to write about people overcoming obstacles to find each other, so writing a contemporary romance series is a dream come true.

She lives in the Midwest but dreams