Start by marking “Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)” as Want to Read:
Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)

Code of Honor

(Cipher Security #2)

A painting, a panic room, a thief, and her lover … whose job is to catch her.

There are three things you need to know about Anna.
1) She’s a bounty hunter with adrenaline junkie habits,
2) She’s the “awkward” twin, and
3) She’s a thief – kind of.

Darius designs security systems for Cipher Security, and the strange and remarkable woman he met the night the painting was stolen is
Published March 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Code of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code of Honor

Start your review of Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
DJ Sakata
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

How was it possible that Colette, wearing jeans and a linen shirt, could look so effortlessly female, while I looked like a confused boy playing dress-up in his sister’s closet? … We were genetically identical, and yet my body was awkwardly athletic while hers was willowy and slender. My laugh was loud and startling, and hers made fairies sigh and small woodland creatures come out and sing. She walked like a supermodel in stiletto heels while I teetered around like a drunk toddle
lazybookconqueror
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the famous words of Lady Gaga: "brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique..."

description

What an absolute treat of a book.
Anna is a bounty hunter (a delightful job for a protagonist by the way) and she needs to retrieve one stolen painting, by... stealing it. But, Anna and her twin sister have the perfect plan for this heist to work.

What she didn't expect was, to come across Darius Masoud, a Disney prince lookalike that designed the security system Anna ju
Smartypants Romance
Feb 08, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KU **
You can now grab the fun and flirty Cipher Security series by April White in #KindleUnlimited!! Both ‘Code of Honor’ and ‘Code of Conduct’ are available for your binge-reading pleasure. Filled with action, adventure, humor, and heat…this series is a must-read!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Fn0o6Y
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2QYOC8j
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2ubyI2n
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2tqcB85

** BLURB **
A painting, a panic room, a thief, and her lover … whose
Penny Reid
Mar 24, 2020 marked it as to-read

Now in Kindle Unlimited!

AHHHH! You can now grab the Cipher Security series by April White in Kindle Unlimited! Don't miss out, go forth and read the thing!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Fn0o6Y
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2QYOC8j
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2ubyI2n
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2tqcB85

** BLURB **
A painting, a panic room, a thief, and her lover … whose job is to catch her.

There are three things you need to know about Anna. 1) She’s a bounty hunter with adrenaline junkie habits, 2)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤❤ 5 STARS ❤❤

It was fantastic , I loved the first book and I adored this one, so good!It has a great storyline and amazing characters that rocked this story!
description

Anna is the best omg I don't remember myself drooling about a heroine!She is such a badass and she make me laugh a lot too!Anna and Darius were sweet, I adored them!They were perfect for each other!

I fall in love with everything in this story!I highly recommend it , it's a must read!

Korrie’s Korner
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finishing this amazing book has reminded me yet again that I need to read April White’s entire backlist! She is truly phenomenal! I love Code of Conduct, and she went and did it again with Code of Honor!

I’ve noticed with April that she writes gahmazing heroines! Strong, sexy, and super intelligent. I loved the humor, the sexual tension between the characters, and Darius is just so extra! I don’t want to spoil a thing, but what I love the most about April’s stories is how she wraps up the romanc
maggieandteddy
Update: 1/21/2021: Audio listen. I really like. Anna is wackier than I remember, Darius is still dreamy. The male narrator does a great job with Darius and other supporting roles.
4.5 stars for the audio..... I just checked my book shelf. I have the paperback of Code of Conduct, but I need the PB for this one!
+++++++++++++++++++++
Update: This is now on KU. (I bought this, but each Smartypants goes to KU the week after release)!
Too soon for a reread?? I want the audio when it comes out.
I highl
April
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

The Cipher Security series is free to read in kindle unlimited for the next couple of months!
Code of Conduct: https://amzn.to/3feRM2K
Code of Honor: https://amzn.to/2VWxjs4
Lady Heather

"5 - Learning to color outside the lines-Stars"

This story was such a joy to read!
LOVED! LOVED! LOVED IT!

Anna was AMAZING!
She is now one of my all-time favourite characters.
She was charismatic, fearless, intelligent, funny, loyal, loving, and her light shone so brightly.

If she was a real character, I would want to be her friend.

I was entertained, engaged, and totally got lost in this story.

I couldn't put it down.
I didn't want to put it down and read it in one sitting.

Code of Honor can be read a
Caitlin Reads
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Code of Conduct so Code of Honor was one of the new installments I was most looking forward to. Once again, April White did not disappoint. Anna Collins was a perfect fit for the Pennyverse and I loved her. Anna and Darius, the Disney prince we were first introduced to in CoC, had instant chemistry. They were both completely quirky lovers of literature who made me laugh out loud several times. I absolutely loved them both. Romance and Mysteries are my two favorite genres so th ...more
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Code Of Honor by April White
#Review
#SmartypantsRomance
#OutMarch24th

‘Darius seemed to think the grin was for him though, and his slow, answering smile started the fluttering right back up again. “Don’t do that,” I said with a scowl.

“Don’t smile?” A look of confusion dimmed the smile down to something the butterflies could manage, and I nodded.

“Thank you. The sweaty butterflies were making me a little ill.”

It’s very rare that you can discover a writer that is not only merely proficient in writing
April
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I just listened to the audiobook, and I have to say, I loved it. Maybe because it's been a bit since I last read Code of Honor, or maybe because the performances were so good, but I laughed out loud and was totally invested in these characters.

Kind of a strange thing for the author to say, but I dare any author to go back to one of their books without "discovering" something about it. I'm thrilled with the audiobook, and proud of the story.
Lana لانا  (Bibliomedico)
For More Book Reviews , Recommendations and Interviews , Visit my Blog , Bibliomedico :

************************
Thanks to the author and the publisher for providing me with an advance reader copy .
************************
Code Of Conduct ( #1) was one of my favourite romance novels in 2019 , April White with her witty and beautiful writing style , continued the World Of Cipher Security exactly as Penny Reid Created it , by adding Brilliant characters and
Antonella

she did it again!!

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!

I loved everything about this book;

* writing
* Quinn & Dan
* love story
* Sparky
* mystery

April White writes perfectly in Penny's universe.

I can't say this enough- READ THIS BOOK!!

and the previous one is one of my favorite reads of last year Code Of Conduct every book can be read a standalone...but why would you do that!! Read all the books!!

Tina
May 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
Sigh. I can read about someone who doesn't think that they are particularly beautiful, but if in the first 10 pages you constantly talk about how ugly you are and how perfect your sister is, I am out. It is tiring. I understand that not everybody has the same confidence, but come on show some self respect. To me there is nothing cute about thinking you are ugly and other person is better than you. You have one life, one body - make the best out of it and feel comfortable in your body.

"How was it
Mari
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm enjoying the Ciper books from the Smartypants romance. There have this action mystery part fown plus very character driven aspect to it. Code of Honor has Thomas Crownr Affair feel to it. But then the two leads have their own ways of dealing with all that. Anna is the ultimate thrill seeker, she sees the world in grays. No filter, awkward and dorky at times. She's her own brand of different from her twin. So that twin aspect can be a skeptical thing some can tell the difference I guess some ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I love the slow burn romance, the abundance of laughs and the engaging, intriguing story that had me captivated from the first page to the last.

“My hearts always turn out like penises though.”
She turned to stare at me for exactly one second before she finally rolled her eyes. “Don’t draw in the coffee foam, Sis. Coffee dicks are off-putting.”
I grinned. “Not to mention unsanitary.”

-5+Stars!!-
My full review:

Wendy'sThoughts
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: April White Fans, Romance
4.5 Discovering the Real One Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-Quick, It's On Sale $1.99!!!!
I have been bad, very very bad. I read this, loved it, and then somehow didn't put all the loving words down to express how I felt about it. Needless to say, I hang my head in shame.

What I will say briefly because you have all the amazing reviews posted to read is this...April White writes like no other...she is a master in crafting, creating, and plotting.
She captures the reader's imagination every single
Izzie d
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Erica Testa
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Code of Honor
“My personal code felt a little like a mix of Robin Hood and Mulan, with an unfortunate dose of Sid the filterless sloth.” -Anna Collins

Anna was the heroine I didn’t know I needed to read. She had personality aspects of many of my favorite “Pennyverse” heroines. (That being said you do not need to have read any Penny Reid books to love this story! It just adds a little something extra if you have and April does a fantastic job of staying true to her characters.) She is wicked smart,
Jesi
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won an advanced copy, but was not asked for a review. I am happy to give one anyway. If you liked the first book in the series this one will not disappoint. The main character is authentic and quirky. You will likely have something in common with her or want to be her friend. I had smile on my face with the first page and laughed out loud many times throughout the book. The wonderful way April White writes weaves together down to earth realism with whimsy and romance. It makes you feel like th ...more
Kate
4.5 „Busted“ Stars

First of all I frigging love April White and the fantastic tales that she weaves.

Secondly I love the Cipher Security Series and this here was just as good as the first book in the series.

I have one tinny whinny thing to niggle at but that shall come later.

Anna Collins, bounty hunter, adrenaline junkie and a soon to be a one time thief has a plan to get back a painting that once belonged to her mother. However in the execution of the plan she doesn’t realise that she would me
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 3.5/5.0

The Anna/Darius relationship is complicated and convoluted keeping the reader involved. A pleasing story to read while in quarantine.

Read full review in the 2020 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cassie May
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a magical story this was!
It read like a Disney fairytale for adults <3
I'm still searching for the right words to describe this book. It was perfectly researched, even though I have never been to Boston or Chicago or the Isabella Gardner Museum, I was there while reading the book. I discovered the history around the heist with Anna and Darius and stood in front of the beautiful pictures, learning about the stories they tell.
Anna and Darius were perfectly characterized. April provided
Amy
Apr 25, 2020 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I. AM. FUMING.

Friends, I absolutely did not expect to be so angry I almost threw my book across the room and nearly let out a scream so loud it would wake the entire neighborhood. What the unholy FUCK did I just read????

I only got seven pages in, and I am incredibly pissed. I was expecting to read about two characters falling in love, except what I got was dated and utterly shitty gender politics.

Look, I am not going to assume the author's age and assign ignorance to them based on the number of
Cassandra Martin
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
April White was a new to me author with the Smartypants Romance Launch last year, but after hearing her talk about her experiences and her book at Book Bonanza, it was one of the ones I was most excited for. And it did not disappoint. Even more said with this next installment of the Cypher Security Series, I KNEW that this book was going to be amazing.

April's plots are well thought out, the precision of execution is flawless. The amount of research she did in the book, hands down, one of the be
Mia
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
“𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝙏𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮, 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮, 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙖𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣’𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙛, 𝙄’𝙫𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣’𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄’𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮. 𝙎𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄’𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙪𝙨.”

Anna Collins was a wonderful heroine, I immediately loved her.
Even though they are totally opposite her and twin her sister Colette have
JG
The second book in the Cipher Security Series, set in the Penny Reid Universe, specifically an offshoot of the Knitting in the City World is Code of Honor. This is also penned by the talented April White. I totally enjoyed the first book also penned by Ms. White, Code of Conduct and when I found out there was going to be a second one I couldn’t stop myself from jumping with glee. Ms. White did such a fantastic job with Code of Conduct that I was pretty sure that Code of Honor won’t disappoint. I ...more
TabReads
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fierce Honor

I adored this story! The mystery and the depth of the characters provided a rich background to a delightful love story. Darius + Anna practically crackled on the page. April White brilliantly wove a tale of two strong people who still had room to grow. I highly recommend this book.
Nikki
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
April White is a damn fine storyteller. The way she paints a picture with words and can express even the most intricate feelings is beyond my comprehension. She is the master at taking actual events in history and seamlessly weaving them into her fictional world. Code of Honor was beyond anything I expected from this author, which is incredible given the fact that I’d set the bar so high to begin with. If I could give this book 10 stars I would.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office, #2)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #1)
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys, their dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.

Book one in the Immortal Descendants series is the 2016

Cipher Security (2 books)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)