Start by marking “Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2

Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2

(Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2)

As the situation on the Romulan colony continues to unravel, Picard finds himself faced with a difficult choice that will affect millions. The official countdown to the Star Trek: Picard series on CBS All Access continues here!
Published December 18th 2019 by IDW

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Start your review of Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2
HBalikov
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I took a chance on the next issue. And, I feel that my mind is being subjected to the torture of “a thousand tiny cuts.” Yet, I only have myself to blame….”fool me twice….”

My additional “coin” got me less that I had hoped. Two issues and we still don’t know exactly why Picard wasn’t able to succeed in his mission to rescue the Romulans. We know that part of it was the lack of cooperation he received from the Romulans (revealed in #1) but this is really being strung out.

I think I will wait a whi
Freya
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Review to come :)
Shelley
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for a bargain. I know I said after the extremely short Coundown #1 I wouldn't bother with more in the series, but then this went on sale for $1.99. And I was curious where the story would go. So I got comic two of three in what I presume is a lead-in to the new series, Picard. And I gotta admit, I'm interested in the story, the questions it raises, how it will end.

But again, after about 5 minutes of reading, I turned the last page on my Kindle. Why are these so SHORT? And why was I
Matthew
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well the story is moving along nicely i guess but not terribly satisfying as a book 2 of 3. I dont think thats the fault of the writers, just the nature of the 3-issue/act format.

Its clear though that book 3 will just resolve this current situation, and not give me near enough information as I was hoping for about the upcoming series. Im trying to judge it on its own merits and not as a direct intro to the TV show, but thats a tall order and I am failing.

(side note, kindle pre orders are pretty
Christopher
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #2 picks up straight after the previous book with Picard taking part in a native Rebellion and rescuing his first officer Commander Muskier! :D Meanwhile the Verity is taken by the Romulans under Governor Shiana setting up future plotlines! :D The story rocks along at an incredible pace with action at every turn. At the same time it drops in adventure and nuggets all along the way! :D Crisp High Five! :D Get it if you can! :D
Linda Hammett
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Continuation of Picard backstory

Political intrigue and double-crossing Romulans begin this book and continue the backstory of Picard. Great plot and character development. Just seemed too short as just as I was getting into the story line, it ended. Looking forward to the next installment.
Mira
Feb 13, 2020 added it
Countdown is a three part comic series acting as a prologue to the new CBS Star Trek series Picard.

Yes I read this without reading the one that comes before it! They had sold out of the others and I couldn’t wait.

The artwork is gorgeous and I am so looking forward to reading part one and part three! It’s interesting to see the characters in this light and I want to know what happened!
Gregory
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation!

Admiral Picard and his First Officer are prisoners on the Romulan Colony that must be evacuated before the destruction of Romulus by a Supernova. Picard must stop the Governor of the colony from taking what is good intentions before it becomes serious that would make things worse.
Arjun Rajkumar
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still carrying along at a nice pace though could have packed some more story in! Having been used to reading TPBs reading single issues is very different. Looking forward to the last issue! I am not sure how much of a prelude this is to the show!
Alvaro Zinos-Amaro
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
An improvement over the first issue, with an unexpected world-building plot twist, in addition to the surprises involving various Romulan characters.

More dynamic panels, tighter writing, a better sense of pacing, and all still rooted in a classic Trek dilemma. Well done.
Maria Whitehorn
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Hope there will be a better novel Adaptation

10min reads are really not enjoyable. One more to go and I can forget about comic books hopefully for another 20years. Comics simply don’t have the depth I expect from a good Star Trek novel.
steven hanna
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cool story but short

This seems like a cool story so far, but these Star Trek comics seem to be quite short. I’ll admit, I’ve not read a whole lot of comics, but I don’t remember them being quite so short. But I love Star Trek!
Grant Nguyen
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great second part

Love the artwork and the story continues to unfold. I simply wish there was more to read. Overall I still recommend the store as we prepare for Star Trek: Picard.
Shae
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Was hoping for a little more on the art in this series, but I love seeing how we get to the conflicts that lead to the new Picard show. I am not surprised by what happened in this issue at all. This all makes so much sense to me. I am worried about what will happen in the next issue though.
A M H
Nice plot progression. Good art and the story is starting to heat up. Curious for how it continues.
Cody
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can’t wait to see how all this wraps up next issue, it’s so surreal we’re getting new “prime timeline” Picard stories after all these years!
kevin browning
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing plot! Setting up for the release of Picard in January.
Xavier Marturet
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-book
A real good story with the spirit of ST series.
P aul Eaton
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
True to form ?

Well again we we go you will have to read for yourself. Picard is Picard and not all Romulans are true to form.
Kym Taborn
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Took a U turn I was not expecting. I found issue 1 better. Let's hope it gets back in track for a big finish next month. ...more
Susy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seriously loving this series. Can’t wait for the show. I’ve missed Picard!
John R.
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great second chapter!

Still jonesing for the new series. This is a great lead in and back story so far. Bring it on!
Alan
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Some twists and turns. Looking forward to conclusion which will be released in a few days
Peter
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very useful precursor to the ‘Picard’ TV series. This three-part comic book story is well written and flows nicely.
Mrklingon
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, action-packed!

Great art, and great backstory for the new series. I need to get the final installment now, darn it! :)
David
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story. Read in order.
Tara Hamilton
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

Short. But interesting and good graphics. Best to read this on an iPad or tablet rather than on the kindle.
Art Clifford
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

I look forward to seeing more episodes and recommend it all fans. The artwork is superior and the storyline is imaginative.

Rob Cook
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story cranks up the pace in this second of three parts. The artwork is brilliant and captures the likenesses of the actors well.
Heather Bennett
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story.

Good story with good artwork. Helped with Picard storyline a great deal. Read all three volumes and highly recommend for anyone.

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Star Trek: Voyager: Mirrors and Smoke
  • Dead Endless
  • Collateral Damage
  • Die Standing
  • Star Trek: The Q Conflict
  • The Higher Frontier
  • Star Trek: Countdown (Star Trek Countdown, #1-4)
  • The Unsettling Stars (Star Trek, #1)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War
  • Star Trek: TNG: Mirror Broken #0
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Hive (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Agents of Influence
  • Star Trek: Year Five #3
  • Star Trek: Year Five #2
  • The Churn (The Expanse, #3.5)
  • Star Trek: Year Five #1
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation: Terra Incognita

Star Trek: Picard - Countdown (3 books)
  • Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #1