Start by marking “Once Upon A [Stolen] Time (Stolen Series I)” as Want to Read:

Samreen Ahsan

Once Upon A [Stolen] Time

(Stolen Series #1)

2015…
All her life, Myra Farrow has been obsessed with medieval castles—and the kings and princes who once inhabited them. Now, wealthy videogame designer Steve Bernard wants her to model for a princess character in his new game. Myra can’t resist his offer, especially when she learns that Steve plans to film inside the mysterious Hue Castle—a cursed, barren, colorless
Published November 17th 2019 by Ingram (first published December 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A [Stolen] Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A [Stolen] Time

Start your review of Once Upon A [Stolen] Time (Stolen Series I)
emma
The short version of this review is this is a not-bad book with a not-bad concept that could benefit from a zealous edit.

In fact, it reminded me of fanfiction, a comparison I have made before to half-baked but pleasant/easy/fun reads. And often I wish I could turn back time to when nothing satisfied me more than a story about Justin Bieber falling in love with his tour costume designer, or a quirky London resident trapped in a love triangle with two members of One Direction.

But alas, those are
Eve (Between The Bookends)
ARC Provided By Author in Exchange for An Honest Review

Historical romances usually aren't my thing. I overdosed on those Zebra ones in my late teens and early 20's, and just never had the urge to go back to reading them. But when I was approached by the author of this book with an offer of a copy in exchange for a review, the blurb intrigued me enough to give it a go.

description
"Once upon a time, in a distant land, there lived a beast that imprisoned his prey outside of time. He captured her, unraveled
Dianne
Have you ever been spellbound by the thought of magical castles, being royalty or of being part of a time long ago? Ever think you were born in the wrong time? Myra is obsessed with anything medieval, ask her about a castle, a king and she can talk for hours, but the one antiquated idea she cannot abide by is having her parents choose her husband. No one’s saying Steve isn’t attractive, or wealthy or intelligent, but he is not Myra’s type, nor is she his, now, how to let their parents down ...more
Snow
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I'll be as quick as possible in reviewing this...

a fairytale like

beautifully written...but a tad bit too long and a bit confusing in intertwining the past/present action and eventually, in resolving the matter leaving us still questioning...
the characters are likable but I still found myself missing smth...smth more palpable...

***COPY generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest REVIEW***

Elfina Renee
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description
I think all of us have either read or seen the cutesy Disney classic Beauty and the Beast and have hummed the musical theme song. I know I sure did. Not even through the first chapter of Samreen Ahsan Once Upon a Stolen Time, I was playing it in the background and knew I was reading a five star hit.
description
This first read brilliant author had me entranced with her edgy tone of voice, suspenseful plot...trust me there wasn’t any dufus Gaston's running a muck…..no. You had curses, hexes, murders,
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Samreen Ahsan!

-3 stars

I love fairytale retellings, especially the darker kind, and when Mrs. Samreen approached me, I instantly agreed to read this.

I admit, it took me a while to get into it and even considered giving up on it for a while, but as I crossed the halfway mark, I found myself entranced by the mystery.

Beauty and the Beast with a very dark twist, this tale gives us a love story that transcends time. Told from
Tina (Book.Enchantress)
"ARC Provided By Author in Exchange for An Honest Review"

4 Silver Stars
with Golden sparks

tbh I didn't think I like it this much, because it was categorized as romance & I'm not a romance reader. but I read synopsis & see the story contained time travel & after I started reading that & reached the main part story actually began, I was like: "wow! this is actually so awesome, mysterious & magical!" & I very liked it & glad that I read this.

the main character wasn't very
• Lindsey Dahling •
This book was so frustrating! It has such a creative concept (two storylines, a cursed prince, a present day girl who could break it, an evil king, etc.), but it took so long to get to the action. It’s literally not until you’re halfway through the book that the plot finally moves forward. LITERALLY HALFWAY.

The first half of the book simply focuses on the main girl character, Myra, going on a tour of a castle with her friends she met less than 24 hours ago. Myra is in her early 20s, has a
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!

3.5 stars!!

After I read the synopsis, several keywords jumped out at me: "castles, royal, princes, obsession, dark powers, and love".

I've always loved sort of medieval stories and even ones that mixed with the present and this one did it with a very interesting twist.

There are elements of thrill, intrigue, romance, and mystery with a sprinkle of danger that I feel any adventurous reader will grasp onto and enjoy the
Lauren Stoolfire
I received a free ecopy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Myra has always been obsessed by medieval castles and everything associated with them from royalty, chivalry, and courtly love. Her family has been trying to get her head out of the clouds and settle down with a man - after all, she is 22 and isn't in school and doesn't have a job - but she isn't really interested in anyone except long dead medieval kings, princes, and knights. When they try to set her up with
- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
. : — 3

READ THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG!!!

ARC provided from the author in exchange for an honest review (thank you Samreen Ahsan!!)

i’m so confused in a really good way?? it might be the weirdest thing to say, but the characters in this book got SO INTERESTING literally 2 pages away from the epilogue. a brand new layer of dimension was introduced to them so suddenly and in such an absurd yet efficient way and they legitimately fleshed themselves out SO FAST in front of my eyes
Maureen
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been loving fairytales ever since I was a little girl. I grew up believing in prince Charming and hoping one day the prince would come to me. Now I’ve grown up, and now I know life is no fairytale.. But still.. I love fairytales. So when Samreen Ahsan emailed me a little while ago, with the question if I wanted to read her new novel called ‘Once Upon a (Stolen) Time’ I just couldn’t say no. I’ve read the previous two books written by Samreen, so I know for a fact she can write a great ...more
Diana~ (Kiss Me Books)
Thank you to Samreen Ahsan for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Samreen Ahsan's Once Upon A [Stolen] Time was my first introduction to the author and I can say I am absolutely intrigued by her. When I first started reading, I was captured by the setting and time-traveling aspect. I had hoped for a kick ass heroine, a dark and tragic hero, and an amazing love story. What I got was a little bit different but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Myra was a heroine I had a
Nicay Magnate

What if accidentally you saw the man in an old mirror, and it easily captured your heart and mind? But, unfortunately, that man already died 300 years ago. Well, that was the shortest summary I will give, so I’m sorry. Just kidding! But to be honest, that’s the main topic of the story or what you will expect from it. It was historical fiction with a touch not only the past but with present characters and story.
Tine’s Reviews
< a href="https://tinesreviews.wordpress.com&qu... My review is also posted on my blog.
(Source: This was given to me by the author. This will not affect my reviews.)

“- It’s impossible you will not love Once Upon A[stolen]Time”

Since the beginning of the story, Ms. Samreen Ahsan never failed to amaze me to this story. I’ve never read this kind of story. A love story which sets in different time and only a mirror can able to see each other.

Myra Farrow is in the year 2015. She loves castles
Thushara (Triobookdragons)

**A digital copy of the book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

The book follows two timelines.
15th Century: Prince Edward Hue, cursed from his birth - just like all the members of the Hue Royalty. He lives in darkness. He can never ever touch flowers or feel the sunlight. But he keeps on dreaming about a girl whom he believes is the answer to the curse.

2015 : Myra Farrow, a girl obsessed with Mideaval Castles especially the Hue Caslte. She would do
Emilia Grant
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Once Upon A [Stolen] Time by Samreen Ahsan is the tale of a girl trying to discover who she really is, and of a man succumbing to the darkness surrounding him. Their paths clash together in what can only be described as magic - a mirror being the lone portal that binds the two of them together and allows them to communicate with one another.

A communication that more often than not is cut short by Myra's fiancé.

Myra isn't your average 22-year-old. She does not suffer from the snowflake syndrome.
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Review coming soon!
Scott Bury
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The old adage, “Be careful what you wish for, because it might come true” is the starting point for this story. Myra Farrow is a romantic young woman from London, UK, who is obsessed with stories about medieval knights and princes. She wants to be part of history, and wishes she were a real medieval princess. Frustrated with the impossibility of that, she reads medieval English history, literature and poetry, even making it the subject of her university degree.

Her parents have indulged her to

Aira  Cabrera
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Myra is fascinated with all things medieval. Castles, princes, and kings are what she loves to talk about the most. She’s a good daughter, but she just can’t do what her parents want her to, which is to get married. They set her up with Steve. Steve is a fun and nice guy, but Myra just isn’t his type and vice versa.

Myra and Steve become friends instead, and when Steve asks Myla to help him out with his new video game, she says yes. What
Chloe
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew I would fall madly in love with this book? I actually can't express what I'm feeling right now into words but I will say this, I WANT MORE!!
To relive history in 1425 in Edwards POV was very interesting and I couldn't get enough. Myra's POV in 2015 made things a little easier to read and connect with since I share the same passions as her with the love of castle and medieval era. A little part of me is sad now that the story is ended.. (For now)..
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
When I was offered a chance to read this book I was very intrigued because the premise sounded unlike anything I've read before. I'll be honest that it did take a few chapters for me to get interested in the characters and their situations but once I did I was hooked.

Myra has always had a fascination with the idea of living the fairy tale and everything that goes along with it; the castles, the prince and the royal court. But when she's given the rare opportunity to explore a haunting and
ellieisuhmabookworm
Final Score - 5 Oh Em Gee, What Happens Next? Stars!!!

Myra isn't your average 22-year-old. She slightly obsessed with everything medieval, princess and castles, but she seems to be grounded and relateable. Her family, who is used to mixing with various social circles, is trying to steer Myra aware from obsession. They believe her tying the knot is long overdue and so they arrange for her to meet Steven, a wealthy bachelor with connections.

Steven in turn unveils himself as a homosexual during
Jessica | Booked J
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

As a note, a copy of this novel was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinions in any way. You can find this review here on Booked J.

I'm feeling incredibly spoiled with beautifully crafted fantasy novels this year. During my readathon (thanks to "Deep Freeze" 2019 and being stuck indoors due to freezing temperatures) I've found my TBR shrinking in size, thanks to many deeply engrossing novels. Samreen Ahsan is one of
Minx
Once Upon a [Stolen] Time has a creative concept with two time settings, medieval times and contemporary, and a pair of star crossed lovers who have been infatuated with each other without actually ever having interacted. How that was brought about was very well done and it really had me hoping for a positive outcome. That gave this story a fairytale like quality with the brooding and cursed prince always looking for the one woman that has haunted his dreams for nearly his entire life.

The
Samreen Ahsan
Oct 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ebook is available on:

Amazon US

Amazon Canada
Amazon UK
Amazon Australia
Amazon India

Ebook will be available on Dec01, 2015.

Book Cover
“Love is a necessary evil that traps you in illusory gossamer.”
Book Cover
There were only two people in this time. Just me and him, as the world spun into a timeless abyss.
Book Cover
In his eyes, I was the only woman who had the power to hold him, kiss him and unravel his tangled life.
His touch
Ritika Thakur
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hey there! I am a little with a lot of desires to discover fantasies. I just love time travelling books and Once Upon A [Stolen] Time has truly made me feet like I am really travelling time. The book is beautiful written describing how a girl discovers her own powers, and how she is already connected to a haunted castle which she had been desired to discover since long.

I am already in love with the story, and I recommend that you should definitely read this. This story has already win so many
Zoe Horton
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book, I love stories of princesses and kings, and relate strongly with the character and her idea of wanting to live in the old days. The plot was amazing and the ideas were brilliant. I read it in 4 hours nonstop. I would highly recommend it to people who are dreamers, those who get pulled and immersed into books for it'll take you on a wild ride. #Inkitt
Lexy at All Is Read
It’s been a while since I picked up a book in the fantasy genre and when I was graciously given the opportunity to read “Once Upon a [Stolen] Time”, I was excited to see what this story would give me. When I began reading the synopsis into the first chapter, I soon realized that this story was also going to weave the elements of a longing romance and whimsical wishes into it; I became addicted to the words that
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I'm writing this a minute after finishing this book and my mind is empty and full at the same time.

The Writing:
I really liked the writing, how everything is so detailed. You are there, you can be in the book. I also loved how the story is written its really fluid. This story has two POVs: one from Myra in 2015 and one from Edward in 1415. Yes, I didn't write the year wrong. One chapter from each POV, alternating each one. Oh! And there are these quotes about love before any new chapter begins
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cheeky Romance
  • So I Married The Anti-fan
  • My Boyfriend's Wedding Dress
  • Love From A to Z
  • More of You
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive: 101 Inspirational Stories about Counting Your Blessings and Having a Positive Attitude
  • Laskar Pelangi
  • Modern Love: True Stories of Love, Loss, and Redemption
  • Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • Sixteen Sunsets (Sixteen Sunsets Saga #1)
  • Totto-chan: The Little Girl at the Window
  • The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly
  • 25 Days 'til Christmas
  • Make Good Art
  • Coraline
  • A Pirates Kiss
  • Sunken Treasures (A Pirate's Kiss #2)
  • Little Weirds
Best Romance - 2014 Hollywood Book Festival
Honorable Mention - 2014 New York Book Festival
Honorable Mention - 2016 New York Book Festival

Readers Favorite Winner

History, art and literature are my passions. I love digging out information

Stolen Series (2 books)
  • Once Upon A [Fallen] Time (Stolen Series II)
“Love is a necessary evil that traps you in illusory gossamer” 1 likes
“Love is a camouflage of beauty. You feel free in love, but in truth, you’re trapped.” 1 likes