Start by marking “Slash (Slay, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Slash (Slay, #4.5)

Slash

(Slay Quartet #4.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laurelin Paige comes a new story in her Slay series…

Camilla Fasbender has a secret.

Underneath her posh accent and designer clothes lies the evidence of her pain.

Every heartbreak, every bad day, every setback has left a scar.

From behind her camera, she shows the world what to see. And it isn't her.

Until him.

He
Kindle Edition, 1st edition; 1001 Dark Nights #130, 107 pages
Published August 25th 2020 by 1001 Dark Nights Press

Start your review of Slash (Slay, #4.5)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I'm a bit blown away right now. I feel like Camilla was in this box and Laurelin Page just came and broke down every wall of that box and said, now you may see her. And I did. I felt like my eyes were opened to who she really was in a big way.

In the Slay series, Camilla was not a side character I gave much thought too. I know she had a background that supported her brother in his series, but that's where it stopped for me. This book made me actually see what an incredible character she is.

It j
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I love stories written in the first person, especially this one. So intense and the depth is amazing. This novella packs a wallop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one for some reason hit me in all my major feels areas. The author decided to write this in the first person and I just love reading a story that way.

It makes it real. It makes it all about you and you can certainly find yourself inside this character.

Written with intense deep feeling, Paige says so much with her words. Things that you proba
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Candi Kane PR)

-The perfect photo creates a memory. It’s the same the other way around. The most important moments, the ones that feel crafted and composed and perfect, those are the ones that stick with you. A lifetime is a collection of those moments, collected like snapshots in the scrapbook of your mind.

7CFF9F75_4346_47FE_B2E3_22A1D6D2D720

Camilla Fasbender is a single mom and career woman living in London with a painful past. She's a talented photographer who prefers to exist in the background. She'
KC Caron (Aprhodites Reading Alphas)
Bliss!

Everyone deserves a Hendrix Reid knocking around her swollen heart, pushing her, loving her, mending her broken soul.

Slash is unique and torturous, and a snapshot into the spirit inside all of us, yearning to outrun our pasts and live and love in the present. Of course, the story has Paige’s signature carnal delights—shocking and passionate coupling that digs deep, expressing so much more than warm writhing skin.

There’s Camilla, a fragile heroine on the cusp of an inevitable unraveling,
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

description

Camilla.

We already met her - and heard most of her story - in her brother's books.

She's a single mom. With a lot of baggage from her childhood and marriage.

And even though we heard a lot of what happened to her in the previous books, I still felt that this novella was way too short.

Yes, it was supposed to be just a quick look into her life - how she finally got her happily ever after. But she would've deserved to get a whole book. Maybe even a series. With lots of back-in-time chapters and a lot
Jean
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin Paige's superpower is creating these beautifully broken, not always sympathetic characters and making us care. Camilla's story is no different. Broken and brittle by the same tragedies that made her brother a bold formidable devil, Camilla walled herself off, hiding behind the lens, numbing her emotions with random sex and a little too much chardonnay. Until Hendrix, a VERY memorable one night stand drops back in her life. He makes patience and kindness ultra sexy until his feelings for ...more
Jessica Alcazar
This woman!! Laurelin has the ability to render me speechless just about every time I pick up one of her books. She is amazing and ridiculously talented. The worlds that she creates are fascinating, dramatic, passionate, emotional, full of hope and heart even when they’re dark and twitchy and absolutely mesmerizing!

Camilla Fasbender has a scared past. Her childhood did not hold any rainbows and gumdrops. She’s a single mom who so far in life has had very little sunshine. If you’re new to thi
Michelle Claypot_Reads
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
One of the best books I have read. For me it was perfect!!

This might be a novella but Laurelin Paige packs more storytelling into these pages than you could hope for. Beautiful characterisation, poignant dialogue and a chemistry that’s like a slow rumble.

I was hooked from the very first word until the end. My heart leapt, my stomach dropped and I FELT Camilla & Hendrix’s connection. It’s a seemingly simple second chance romance that’s really so much more. My only regret is that I d
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
One night in Paris was all Camilla and Hendrix were supposed to share. But this all comes crashing down when his name is part of her class roster. Why does the famed photographer need to take her portraits class - to finally see her again. Can the sparks that were felt before still be there? Or will the secrets from her past not allow Camilla to open up her heart or her life? You will devour this book in one sitting. Each page draws the reader in and they are taken on an emotional ride filled wi ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
I haven't read the Slay Quartet but as you know with 1,001 Dark Nights each novella gives readers a glimpse into the world if they haven't experienced it before or it's an added bonus for those that have, I am so thankful that we are able to get these novellas because they definitely add to my TBR pile.

The chemistry was amazing but beyond that Laurelin Paige gives us a story of hope. Hope that there is beauty after the ugly.

Read my full review along with an excerpt here: https://bit.ly/NBReviewS
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This story is short, but it packs a punch. Slash wasted no time endearing me to its characters and pulling me into the plot. I enjoyed this taste of Laurelin Paige's writing style, and I want to read more.

The characters in Slash are interesting and have depth. I could relate to Camilla. She is trying to seem like she has it all together, but on the inside, she is treading water. I would have liked more from Hendrix, but being a novella length a duel POV just wasn't feasible. His patience was nev
Lauren Luman
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
After catching glimpses of Camila's past in the Slay Series, I was intrigued. I wanted her to find love in someone who would be delicate with her in the way she needed such a tumultuous life, privileged as some of it may have been.

Enter, Hendrix Reid, a one night stand who reappears. They both knew it was more but Camila was unprepared and unwilling to pursue anything so she bolts.

For most of the story I didn't feel much chemistry between them. Being that it's a novella, there's less time to d
Nikki Van Horn
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It was good to read about Camilla. I got a glimpse of her in the slay series but I wanted to know her story. So glad I was able too. She is a strong woman. She has went through a lot and never shows it. She is truthful to her son. She is protective of her heart and her son. Hendrix is a patient man. He is kind and sexy and so good with her son. I love these two together. Hendrix loves her no matter the hurt, the past, and the scars on her. Camilla is brave to show him everythin ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you have read Slay Quartet, Slash by Laurelin Paige is must read for you! This is the story of Camilla, Edward Fasbender's sister.

Camila had most difficult life. Since she became orphan. Even today when she has established herself as a photographer and her billionaire brother has helped her to settle down, scars of her past haunt her. She is scared of loving again. But she has nowhere to hide when Hendrix Reid, another esteemed photographer and partner of the most memorable one night stand a
Eileen Robinson
Camilla and Hendrix spent an amazing one night together 7 months ago, now he’s shown up at her adult portrait photography class.Why is her here? What does he want?

Camilla has secrets, Secrets she will never reveal to anyone. We know Camilla has had a traumatic past, one that has left her a shell of herself and she struggles daily just to keep things on the outside seeming normal.
Hendrix can see her, he knows she struggles, He knows she has secrets, yet he is determined to work his way into his
Monica Murphy
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was great to finally get more information about Camilla. She had a couple of rough periods in her life.... when she was with a foster family, and when she was married. But the marriage scarred her in more than one way. It was interesting to hear her inner voice - her self doubt and glossing over uncomfortable thoughts at times. It made her more real to me than anyone I have read about in a while.

And Hendrix - pursuing what he wants, and treating her how she needs to be in order to see hersel
CK
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing love story that will grab your attention! This is just a novella but don’t let that fool you! It packs a mighty punch! So much so that you are left wanting more of this story!
Heather andrews
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hendrix is a sweet man, "he glances at his watch. “Nine hours to do everything I want to do to you? I’ll do the best that I can, but it’s not even going to come close to being enough time.” I liked this book, I loved Hendrix.
Marsha
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Camilla gets her HEA. If you are familiar with the Slay series, you know Camilla's background. (She is a side character.. sister of the Hero.) She's had a rough life, starting when her parents died when she was a child forcing her into a foster home, all the way up until she's in her thirties and 'struggling' as a single parent (though her struggles are more of the mental variety verses a money thing.) She is somewhat an introvert who lacks the self-confidence to allow herself to shine ...more
Amy Dickinson
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I often wonder how writers can say so much in the limited pages of a novella. Take one look at Laurelin Paige’s newest offering, Slash, and you realize it’s a master class in the form, much like the course taught within her story. Page after page, you find the heartrending, complicated story of Camila Fasbender, the sister of Edward Fasbender, Paige’s hero in her Slay series. The profession of truth that litters the pages of Slash overwhelms you in a way that feels both
Michelle
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn’t know I needed this story until I read it. Camilla Fasbender is prickly for a reason. A lot of her story is exposed in the Slay series, but this novella gives her own POV. Even though her brother Edward did what he could for her, Camilla buries her pain and focuses on work and her son Freddie. She ignores the sting of loneliness, having resigned herself to brief interactions. Hendrix Reid enters the picture. He’s every bit of the practiced and patient photographer of wildlife that he’s b ...more
Brigid Brown
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We met Camilla Fastbender in the Slay series. Her's is not an easy story. It's full of pain and suffering. One brightside from the pain is her son Freddie. Finally though, she is finding her happiness, thanks to fellow photographer Hendrix Reid.

“I want to kiss every place on your body you’ve been hurt. I want to kiss those places so many times that you remember them for that instead of anything before.”

I was in tears as she told him of her pain and her scars. Scars he found beautiful. If there
Kelly - Words We Love By
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The poor torture soul that is Camille Fasbender was an absolute mystery to readers as they devoured the Slay series and caught glimpses of her. However the mysterious Camilla finally gets her story. She's just as secretive about her life and the way she came to be the private person she is today. But one encounter with Hendrix Reid and she finds a small crack in her walls. But that one encounter is all she needed until one day he shows up again. How can she protect herself from him now and does ...more
CerysAnne
3.75 Stars

Before the Slay Quartet had even concluded, I'd always hoped that Camilla would get a story of her own. I'd say that out of all of Laurelin's characters, she's the one who deserves a happy ever after the most - she didn't have a good childhood after the death of her parents, and she had an even worse marriage where the only good thing that came from it was her son, Freddie.

When it was shown in the epilogue of Rising that she does get her own happy ending, I just about lost my mind in e
Sandy S
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
SLASH by Laurelin Paige is the latest instalment in the author’s contemporary, adult SLAY erotic, romance series, and the latest novella in the multi-authored 1001 Dark Nights series. This is photographer and single mother Camilla Fasbender, and wildlife photographer Hendrix Reid’s story line. SLASH can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Camilla is the sister of Edward Fasbender (Slay 1-4)

Told from first person perspective (Camilla Fasbender) SLASH focuses on the rekindling romance
Rebecca
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Photos tells a story but their narrative can be manipulated…it can be staged…its flaws can be removed…and if you’re an amazing photographer, like Camilla Fasbender, you control what you’re exposing in those photographs. And, it’s that need to craft her own life story, only offering the details she chooses to provide, never allowing anyone to see behind the lens.

Until Hendrix Reid. He’s a game changer is a number of ways and the only person who sees through her carefully constructed facade, slas
kgagnon
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this heartbreakingly beautiful romance. I have wanted more about Camilla after meeting her in the Slay series. She had worked hard to get back on her feet, leaving the nightmare of her past behind her with the help of her brother, Edward, and to build a good life for her son, Freddie, and herself. But the scars from her tragic past still haunt her, making it impossible for her to open herself up to love again. She is satisfied with quick, anonymous hookups in dark rooms, on her own terms ...more
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

4.5 Stars

For a novella, this really packs quite a punch.

If you have read the Slay books, you have already met Camilla and have an idea of her past and of the secrets that she is keeping. Those aren't revealed in this book and her relationship with Hendrix is allowed to completely stand alone from the other books in the Slay series, even though they are interconnected.

I thought that was handled really well. If you have read the other books, you know a little more b
Mommy’s Book Escape
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Slash is a spin-off Novella of Laurelin Paige’s Slay Quartet and all I can say is wow. Camilla Fasbender, the sister of media mogul Edward Fasbenderm hasn’t had the easiest of lives. Slash is a story of self preservation and healing.
Camilla’s past has kept her from allowing herself to be happy. Relationships are a no go for her. Throughout the story she continues to grow and realize she deserves to be happy.
Hendrix Reid has never forgotten his one night stand. Years pass and their paths cross
Karen Swoffer
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Crowne Rules
  • My Fallen Saint  (Fallen Saint, #1)
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • Flirting with 40
  • Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away #3)
  • A Sinful Encore (Brilliance Trilogy #3)
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Jinx's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.2)
  • Stories of September
  • You Are My Hope (You Are Mine, #2)
  • A Wicked Song (Brilliance Trilogy #2)
  • Begin Again (Stay #3.6)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Lead Me Back
  • Reckless Kiss
  • Wicked Billionaire (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #8)
  • Penthouse Prince
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

Slay Quartet (4 books)
  • Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)