Start by marking “Wicked Embrace (Chronicles of a Dancing Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Embrace (Chronicles of a Dancing Heart, #2)

Wicked Embrace

(Chronicles of a Dancing Heart #2)

~PASSIONATE, SEDUCTIVE, SUSPENSFUL MILLIONAIRE ROMANCE~

Can be enjoyed as a standalone, but if you want the full WICKED experience, pick up Wicked Dance and find out how Tom and Sara's whirlwind romance began!

I wanted one thing--to never fall in love again. But the universe had other plans. One look into Tom Wright's olive-green eyes, and I free-fell crazy in love with th
Published March 23rd 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Embrace

Start your review of Wicked Embrace (Chronicles of a Dancing Heart, #2)
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Well, this is book 2, and no I haven't read book 1. The author does an amazing job filling in the reader who's like me and missed book 1.

Tom and Sara are perfect for each other even with all the angst every where. I wish I had read the first book just to get all of the back story, but I'm pretty sure it was filled with even more angst than this one. It wasn't all angsty. There was sexy times, and friends, and drama, and a bad guy that I didn't even see coming.

Overall, no
InD'tale Magazine
Ms. Boothe has created another hot and spicy romance where the past catches up with the present

Read full review in the 2021 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Angelique
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Olivia Boothe. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

So this is the second book in the Chronicles of a Dancing Heart series. I did not read or listen to the first one – but it did not subtract from my enjoyment of this one. I was a little lost at times when they referred to past events but it was easy enough to catch up.

I really enjoyed this s
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book from the moment I finished book one, Wicked Dance, around a year ago and let me tell you this was 1000% worth the wait. The conclusion to Sara and Tom’s story wasn’t an easy one. It was emotional, heartbreaking and truly beautiful.

Sara and Tom both have been burned by past relationships; they are both dealing with things of their pasts, things that can hurt their future and do pose a major risk. I love the chemistry between the two of them. Tom is super alpha a
Nerd Girl Vixen
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book picks up after book one. So much happened in book one! Book two was even better! I could really feel the connection between Sara and Tom. The heat of those sex scenes….HOT! There are so many secrets that come to light and they do test their relationship. I admit, there were some parts that made me cringe. Most were miscommunication and assumptions between characters. I kept yelling “Get it together guys!” Am I crazy for yelling? Maybe. I am invested in these characters so can’t really ...more
K.G. Fletcher
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whew! What an amazing romantic suspense! There is so much to this incredible story – Olivia is a master at suspense, making us readers swoon and fall helplessly in love, and then she turns around and makes us bite our nails, praying the characters will come through with their happily-ever-after.
Wicked Embrace is the second book in the duo, The Chronicles of a Dancing Heart. Believe me, your heart will be dancing – and pulsing and throbbing! Sara & Tom have amazing chemistry (and the bedrooms sc
Robin
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like the little kid in the car asking "mom are we there yet?" I wanted this book so badly and I can tell you it was so worth the wait. This is the conclusion of the lives and love between Sara and Tom. When Wicked Dance ended there was so much unfinished business. This book picks up with Sara looking for a new job and falling more into her relationship with Tom.

This relationship was complicated from the beginning due to several factors. Sara and Tom had both been burned in past relations
Lynn Reynolds
Rating: 4.5 Stars

This is one of those cases where you will need to decide if you want to read or listen to the book. I wasn’t too far into it when I decided that this is one that I want both. If I want to read then I can pick up the book and get to know the characters again. Other times when I have things to do but want something to make the work more enjoyable, I just need something to take my mind off the task at hand.

The author does a great job in grabbing my attention with all the emotions s
Norma
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

The beautifully written conclusion to the Chronicles of a Dancing Heart duet is finally here. It’s been a long road between books, but that just makes this conclusion that much more powerful. I got lucky that I didn’t have to wait long between books and got them both at the same time… but let me tell you, it would have been worth the wait for this one.

Sara and Tom are still everything I loved from the first book. Their conclusion has all the tw
E.J. Frost
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love when characters in a romance earn their happy ending, and Tom and Sara earn it in spades.
This is the second book in a duo, but I thought the author did a great job of providing enough backstory that a reader who hasn't read book 1 could still enjoy this book (although I think there's extra richness to this story if you've read book 1 first).
There's a ton going on in this book: humor, angst, action, highs, lows, and even more steam than book 1. Wrap all of that in this author's lyrical wri
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I did make a bit of a mistake with this one, although it is book number 2 in Chronicles of a Dancing Heart, I hadn't actually realised that it was a continuation of a previous book. For the first chapter or so I felt as though I was missing something somewhere, as the story seemed to start mid-way through or in the middle. I soon found out that I was missing the first part of the story. It didn't really matter though, I soon got into the story and the characters and although it would have been n ...more
Claire Annovazzi
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(audiobook) It was a good follow up. While the first book focused on Sara’s and Tom’s traumas–the accident that kept Sara from dancing, and Tom’s experience with war that left him with PTSD–here it’s more about their past love lives, which come back literally in the form of their exes while they try to build their future together.

Of course, there’s a lot of drama involved, and how they manage to stay together is beyond me. Because, seriously, everything and everyone is against their relationship
Suzy Baba (readaholicmom)
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would definitely give this read a 4.5 Stars!
Although I haven't read the first book, Wicked Dance, it was easy for me to submerge myself into this read. The author does an amazing job tying the past and present together, where it was easy for me to comprehend the past of the characters without reading the first book.
Because Tom and Sara's last relationships with their past lovers had ended on a bitter note, their insecurities have defiantly carried into this one. You can see it, and understand
Jennifer Rose
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Embrace is the 2nd book in the Chronicles of a Dancing Heart series. This story picks up right where the first book leaves.

This book, in my opinion, can be read as a stand-alone novel instead of in a series. It is quite nice to know the backstory from the first book, but if you pick this up without knowing it's in a series the Author does quite an excellent job tying different story lines together for you to read without disruption.

When you meet Tom and Sara it's a very hot and heavy sce
patrick Lorelli
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is book two and though I did not read the first one you are brought into the story at the very beginning. Besides the passion that is shown through the hot scenes between Tom and Sara, you also are told what took place in the first book. Both Sara and Tom are dealing with their own personal losses and tragedies.
When they leave the city to go to Tom’s brother's wedding this seems to be the trigger for Tom. He is faced with his past and comes into contact with two people from his past that c
Kaleena Beene
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes!

Have you ever ridden a roller-coaster in the dark? You know how the twists, turns, flips and drops are all sudden, unexpected, terrifying and exhilarating at the same time? Wicked Embrace is that roller-coaster. The giddiness knowing you are able to finish Sara and Tom's story, was like waiting in line for that one ride, and once you are finally seated and buckled, you are ready for take off, and that my friends Wicked Embrace does, and goes full force until the very end.

Sara and To
Bibliophile  Chloe
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I was waiting, not so patiently, for the final book in this duet.  Boy was it so worth the wait!

This is the continuing story of Sara and Tom.  The ups and downs of their blossoming, fragile, new relationship and the power of finding your true love and soul mate.

Their story is not easy, it's fraught with obstacles and moments of self-doubt, but the journey is so worth it.

To see the growth and maturity for both Sara and Tom.  To see the strength of the two of them together and see how the
Megan  Anne
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

I received this book as an arc in exchange for an honest review.

The first book left us off with a bit of a cliffhanger, so this book picks up with everything being up in the air. There was a lot that needed resolution and attending to.

This book still had the angst to it but now we get to read about the healing, which is phenomenal. I absolutely love the connection between Sara && Tom, their chemistry is very clear and just falls off the pages.

Their relationship is tested beyond anything
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Wicked Embrace by Olivia Boothe and is book Two in the Chronicles of a Dancing Heart Series. This continues the story of Tom Wright and Sara Hart, so you really should read the previous book 'Wicked Dance' before starting this one. This book does pick up where we left off in the previous one. Sara is coming to grips with the future she is now faced with but still having issue from her past. Sara is worried to with her strong feeling that she has for Tom and with the thoughts of being hurt again. ...more
Amy Vida
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was grateful to receive a free copy of Wicked Embrace in exchange for an honest review. I was fortunate enough to see this was book #2 before I started. I cashed in my digital credits to read Wicked Dance first, and was so glad I did. Wicked Dance was an awesome book, and I read it cover to cover without putting it down.

Wicked Embrace was definitely a good read, but for me I enjoy the couple meeting, and the chemistry building at the beginning of the relationship which was found in the first b
Wanda
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read the first book in the series, but it didn't make a difference. I was able to completely submerge myself into this story without reading the first book. I feel like the author did a really good job of merging the last book into the present one, so I don't feel like I missed anything.
Tom and Sara's past relationships ended badly, they were not looking for a new relationship. But they have such amazing chemistry they can't help falling for each other. Sara is a mix of sweet and submi
Sarah Elyse
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite all the chaos that have happened during their short acquaintance, Sara and Tom are together at last, and they are blissfully happy. But a storm is brewing, and that happiness is about to hit more bumps in the road...

Sara Hart is in love with Tom, and he with her. He healed her broken heart, and she lifted him out of the dark haze that had become a permanent part of his life. But when a blast from the past tears them apart as a sinister plot begins to surface, will their love be able to
V. Danielle McBride
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
No longer able to keep their past demons from surfacing, Tom Wright and Sara Hart try as best as they can but neither is prepared for the trail of destruction that ensues once their pasts meets their present. Love had been enough to pull them through before, but will love be enough now?

Wicked Embrace gives you all the romantic feels, while throwing in mystery, suspense, betrayal, and forgiveness.

The Chronicles of a Dancing Heart duet is a beautifully written love story. Olivia Boothe captivates
Josée
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of the “ Chronicles of a dancing heart” by Olivia Boothe. Love is not always smooth for Tom and Sara. Destiney brought them together in the first book but their pasts could tear them apart! This is not your mother’s romance book. This book had a great story and subplots, intrigue/suspense, old boyfriend, jealousy, PTSD, alcoholism, explicit love scenes and turmoil . Characters are so believable that I found myself crying with Sara and then understanding Tom’s thinking. Th ...more
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I didn't realize that this was "Second book" to a duet. So I was able to find book one and I am so glad I had book two. I would have lost my mind waiting.

We know the main characters are torn apart in book one and we were unsure what would happen with these two. This book checked all the marks for me. It has a little bit of suspense and angst. The drama will keep you stuck to this book. The characters were phenomenal and I loved the ending we got. The prologue was an added bonus to make me love
Lana-White Hot Reads
Stunning conclusion to Sara and Tom's whirlwind romance. Lana~White Hot Reads

Wicked Embrace picks up right where it left off in Wicked Dance. Tom and Sara have the best sexually chemistry I have ever read and the love for each other is astounding. Tom is super alpha all the time and Sara loves it. When both their pasts come back to the present, they must deal with them which leads to heartache. There were some twist I did not see and I loved them. Truly loved this book and series.
Robin
Great book!

Sara and Tom are in this committed, heated relationship. Both come with baggage - for her it is her ex, Josh as well as a dance career that she is trying to revive. Tom, a former soldier, has issues with alcohol as well as an ex of his own..

The seeming idyllic couple has a great passionate love, but they must learn to trust.

This book has it all - mystery, love, romance and well developed characters.

I received an ARC from netgalley for a honest review.
Sue
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An emotional romantic suspense story that is the conclusion to Tom and Sara’s story. It is beautiful. It is heartbreaking. It is an amazing book! I loved it.
kepz_lovesreading
3 stars
Wicked Embrace is a suspenseful romance that often times focuses on the erotic side of love but for the most part it's not the main focus.
The problem for me going into this book is I had no idea that it was the second book in an established romantic relationship so when the book literally starts with sex and no kind of context it was all a bit confusing.
The book gradually tries to re-establish story links to the previous book and things we've learnt about the characters, Sara and Tom bef
Christina
Jan 26, 2021
Romance Retreat: Romantic suspense sale!! 1 10 Jan 15, 2021 03:51PM
Authors & Reviewers: Romance reviewers wanted 1 12 Nov 18, 2020 01:18PM

• Eternally Yours
  • Stroke of Luck
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Dirty Letters
  • Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • My Brother's Roommate (Frisky Business, #2)
  • Dear Ava
  • My Brother's Bad Best Friend
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • Dangerous Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #4)
  • Coach (Breeding, #1)
  • Riding Red (Fairytale Shifter, #1)
  • Release (The Release Series, #1)
  • Credence
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy, #2)
REAL LOVE AS IT IS. MESSY. COMPLICATED. AND SINFULLY ADDICTIVE.

From The Wild Rose Press, Olivia Boothe is the author of the seductive and emotional contemporary romance duet, Chronicles of a Dancing Heart: Wicked Dance (2017) & Wicked Embrace (2020).

Olivia enjoys crafting novels with deep, layered plots. Because it's not just about the first kiss and the happily ever after, it's about everything

Chronicles of a Dancing Heart (2 books)
  • Wicked Dance (Chronicles of a Dancing Heart, #1)

News & Interviews