Start by marking “Izginotja na Mesečini (La Passe-Miroir, #2)” as Want to Read:
Izginotja na Mesečini (La Passe-Miroir, #2)

Izginotja na Mesečini

(La Passe-Miroir #2)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  11,714 ratings  ·  1,351 reviews
Nepozabna junakinja, pripovedno razkošen, v skrivnosti zagrnjen svet, kristalna eleganca sloga in neizprosna zarota v osrčju zgodbe. V drugem delu domišljijske sage Zrcalka se Ofelija hočeš nočeš znajde v kolesju preiskave, ki jo bo odnesla onstran slepil Pola, naravnost v središče strahovite resnice. Tetralogiji nezgrešljivega francoskega esprita izpod peresa mlade ...more
Published November 11th 2019 by Sanje (first published October 29th 2015)

·  11,714 ratings  ·  1,351 reviews

Start your review of Izginotja na Mesečini (La Passe-Miroir, #2)
Lucy Langford
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5****

I loved this ! This book continued on from the first one and I actually preferred this over the first installment. Here, Ophelia is still trying to understand the Citaceleste and the inhabitants from the Pole. Not only that, she now has to deal with the whole of her charismatic and overbearing family coming to the Pole to keep an eye on her.

Unexpectedly, she is promoted to Vice Story-teller to the ancestral spirit of the Pole, Lord Farouk. This thrusts her directly into the spotlight-
Rain
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-fave
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for giving me an advanced copy for an honest review.

It's official: I am now declaring this series as one of my favorites. When I was approved for an eARC of A Winter's Promise last year, I didn't expect it to steal my heart as it did. At first, all the talk of Rupture and the atmospheric writing confused me so much. The protagonists also seemed so unconventionalOphelia is a clumsy and timid Animist capable of "reading" any object she touches and Thorn
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
ARGHHHH CLIFFHANGERS *wails piteously*

Theres positives and negatives to getting advance copies for review: you get the story early, yes, BUT YOU ALSO HAVE TO WAIT LONGER FOR THE NEXT BOOK 😭😭😭 why didnt I study French in school just so I could read this series in its original language fml

I am incredibly enchanted by this series. Its so different: the worldbuilding is so unique, a blend of beauty and steampunk thats reminiscent of Ghibli works; the writing is gorgeously translated into
Kathleen
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire for Young Adults 2016. Dabos second book in the internationally popular Mirror Visitor fantasy series provides wonderful continuity to the story readers were introduced to in A Winters Promise. French author Dabos has fun building this fantastical world that her heroine Ophelia has to navigate through. The plot is filled with animists, dragons, immortals, invisibles, nihilists, and Valkyries. They all inhabit a shard of planetary substancethe Ark of Citaceleste, and ...more
GaelleB
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Mindblowing and fascinating, I have no words. This book might be the best one Ive read so far this year. WOW.

Ce nétait pas Thorn qui avait besoin delle. Cétait elle qui avait besoin de Thorn. Ophélie se plongea corps et âme dans le miroir.

Every damn chapter has its importance. The main characters are amazing, Ophelie is just so excellent!
This story is so inventive, it blows my mind. The creativity is on a Harry Potter level to me for sure. Speechless.
Im a mess full of emotions right now. That
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I LOVED the first book, A Winter's Promise when I read it last year. I was eagerly watching for The Missing of Clairdelune and its release date. YAY, it's finally here!!

Since this was originally a French book and had to be translated it really is almost like an indie book. The author isn't well known in America... but she totally should be! I really hope others can jump on the bandwagon and help me spread the love.

The Premise

I was only
Scrill
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
So excited that I got this from Edelweiss!!!! Ahhhhh!!

I need this. I need to know what happens next!
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
Brilliant sequel, that takes the creativity of the first book and builds the characters into something so wonderful. The Mirror Visitor Quartet is fast becoming a favourite and I can't wait to read the next books as they are available in translation.
The Artisan Geek
14/6/19
Aaaaah this was everything I wished for and MORE. This was so good!! Dabos did not disappoint, I've got to insta add this to my favourites shelf! A review will be up on my channel soon!!

16/5/19
My copy from Europe Editions came in two days ago and OH MY GOSH. I finished A Winter's Promise today and I can't wait to delve into this one!

19/3/19
I received a copy from Europa Editions, but bought the first book last week so I can read that one first.

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram |
Paula
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ya-fantasy
3.75*

I actually enjoyed this instalment more, if not by much, than its predecessor. The mystery was intriguing, there was astonishing character growth and I love the turn Thorn's and Ophelia's relationship is taking. Yet, I'm not so sure what to think about this "God" revelation, it just seems to be a bit much. Still, I was full of anxiety reading the whole aftermath of this book, and now I really need to read the third book!
Text Publishing
I didnt want to finish and leave Dabos dazzling fantastical story world. The world building in this series is phenomenalI was enthralled.
Nadia King

Christelle Dabos captivates readers of all ages.
Lire

This book is bursting with inventiveness.
Le Monde des livres

Stands on the same shelf as Harry Potter.
Elle
Love, Celina
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked this one better than the first one. Ophelia finally stood up and thorn melted a bit. Took them long enough. Ophelia started to actually stand up for herself every once in awhile in this book which was something that annoyed me a little in the first book. The plot twists and the pacing were pretty good.
Hannah
I probably would have given The Missing of Clairdelune four stars if I had read it in a shorter amount of time. Because I was passively picking it up for over a month, I found it to be somewhat slow. It may just be that I had been reading it for so long that I lost interest at times. But I will say that if you have read and enjoyed the first book, A Winter's Promise, you are sure to enjoy this one as well. It's just definitely the type of book that you will want to read in a week or so.

This
Kissthelibrarian
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
The English audio book is SO GOOD, I was once again completely immersed in the story ❤ ...more
Erin
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, fantasy, 2019
You mean I have to wait until May 2020 to get the next one?
description

I CANNOT WAIT! Now I just have to learn French as quickly as possible. What a whirlwind ride this second book was! So much happens from beginning to end! Since it is the second in the series imma head straight into

Spoilers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay, for most of this story I was just really rooting for Ophelia to just face her feelings and love Thorn! He is such a smol bean that needs
Nadia King
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been surprised by just how much I have loved The Mirror Visitor Quartet series by Christelle Dabos.

A Winters Promise (the first book in the series) was stunning and I found The Missing of Clairedelune to be equally compelling. Although, it was a bittersweet read for me; I couldnt gulp down the story fast enough, but at the same time I didnt want to finish and leave Dabos's dazzling fantastical storyworld.

The world building in this series is phenomenal. And the female protagonist,
Jaclyn (sixminutesforme)
This was even better than book one (which I thought was already wonderful!!).

I think the level of plot action in this book significantly increased from book one - this had me on the edge of my seat way sooner, and had me gasping at some of the twists at the very end! I think because the world and characters were so well set up in the first book, we really got to dive deeper into their intricacies and the relationships a lot more.

What is common to both is the massive plot cliffhanger each ends
Natalie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read 2: 6 months to wait for the next one! I cant believe its set almost three years after this cliffhanger of an ending.

Read 1: The first one was perfect and this was ten thousand times better. Best books Ive read in a long time. Why do I have to wait until May to get my hands on the next one?!

Ophelia and Thorn are the two most perfect characters to ever exist. The story is high stakes constantly. Every character is an individual who jumps out at you on the page. I need MORE.

I want to insist
Megan
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasyish, ya, adult-ya
Reading this is like watching a Studio Ghibli movie! If there had been illustrations? Holy shit.

I am all for this world-building, and the characters are so fun and freaky, again, like a Studio Ghibli movie!My greatest gripe is that the mystery doesnt grab me at all; I need more suspense, a little more atmosphere and va-va-voom to get me on edge and desperate for the next page with this kind of a story thats more focused on plot than character exploration.

And while fun and freaky, the characters
Jersy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I really really enjoyed reading this book, I have to address some problems I had with it first.
I feel it gets distracted from time to time from the things that appeal to me the most about it and it also wastes potential by not thoroughly exploring relationships, characters and concepts. Especially Ophelia and Thorns relationship needed more time. It could even do more with its plot by meandering less and work things out more.
However, I still really liked following Ophelia and the
Savannah Stevie💛
"You wanted me to be honest with you. You will thus learn that you are not just a pair of hands to me. And I don't give a damn whether people find me suspect, as long as I am not so in your eyes."

I'm not sure if it's because this series is translated or what it is but there is something so unique about this story that I feel like I've never gotten before from a YA fantasy. The ending felt a little bit rushed for me. Which sucked because I was hoping for a little more from the climax, we have
Kristal
I've been reading all sorts of objects for years, and yet I feel as if I know nothing. An Earth shattered to pieces. Deliberately forgetful family spirits. Indecipherable Books. You.

Book 2 knocked my socks off! What a wild ride through mirrors, mirages, and secrets! It pains me to have to wait till May 20, 2020, to have the English version of book 3. If you like fantasy that has remarkable world-building, eclectic magic, mystery, and slow burn enemies to lovers, then this is the book for you.
Giulia☀️
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just...omg.
this book is so beautiful.
Vicki Antipodean Bookclub
In which we realise Thorn is awfully like Mr. Darcy.
The Missing of Clairdelune is the second instalment of The Mirror Visitor quartet written by @christelledabos and beautifully translated from the original French by Hildegard Serle. Ophelia remains in the floating city of Citaceleste trying to find a way to survive the machinations of the rival clans of nobles that make up its poisonous court. When people start to disappear and Ophelia herself is threatened, she is offered the position of
Isabel
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
so, so good!

one of my favorite things about reading this book was watching ophélie fall in love but not really know what it was.

now i need to learn french to carry on with the series i guess. (i'm very impatient).
Sara
This was super addicting, but the action never stops and I'm now exhausted from binge listening. Also, my fave parts -- the romance and Ophelia's connection with her friends -- were so unsatisfactory. They weren't explored enough, were just tiny short scenes and then boom something else would be happening! I wanted some time to process some things? Could've really enjoyed some more in-depth characterizations.

Also, I disliked the prose style used whenever something magical happened, including
Kayla Gallup
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc from Netgalley. Thank you Europa, Christelle Dabos, and Netgalley for the privelage to read this book. This review is my honest review.

Rating-5/5 Stars
The Missing of Clairdelune is the sequel to A Winters Promise, which one of my favorite books of 2018. This book, the sequel was one of my anticipated reads of 2019. And man, it did not disappoint.
The novel picks right up from where A Winters Promise and there was a bit of a mystery in this novel, which kept me wondering a
Klaudia
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the first book was great, but the second one is amazing. The author shows us more of the fantastic, captivating world of the Arcs. Can't wait for the translation of The Memory of Babel. I wish I knew French!
Roni Derossett
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher, for providing me with a complimentary ARC in exchange for my honest review!

Because this series is being translated from French, I don't think this author is as well known and appreciated in America yet - as they definitely should be!!! A Winter's Promise took me a little bit to get into it, but by the end I was in love with this world Christelle Dabos has built, along with her characters - and that love only deepened with The Missing of Clairdelune; the
Emmie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Im having real trouble rating these books. On the one hand, I keep coming back for more, on the other hand, I go through so many lulls reading them that I cant decide if Im trying to force my enjoyment just because its a French YA fantasy and I feel guilty that I barely ever read books in French anymore. (Ah well, at this point, we all know that Im going to read the third one regardless... )
Some thoughts on this book:
- Loved the direction that the Ophélie-Thorn relationship took
- Still a huge

• L'Arrache-mots
  • La vita bugiarda degli adulti
  • Ashes Falling for The Sky 2
  • Cogito
  • Ein Traum von Liebe (Strange the Dreamer, #1B)
  • Sacrées Sorcières
  • Der Junge, der träumte (Strange the Dreamer, #1A)
  • Ashes falling for the Sky
  • I russi sono matti: Corso sintetico di letteratura russa 1820-1991
  • La casa delle voci
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • D'un monde à l'autre (La Quête d'Ewilan, #1)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • Ascension (Phobos, #1)
Christelle Dabos est née en 1980 sur la Côte dAzur et a grandi dans un foyer empli de musique classique et dénigmes historiques. Plus imaginative que cérébrale, elle commence à gribouiller ses premiers textes sur les bancs de la faculté. Installée en Belgique, elle se destine à être bibliothécaire quand la maladie survient. Lécriture devient alors une évasion hors de la machinerie médicale, puis ...more

La Passe-Miroir (4 books)
  • Les Fiancés de l'Hiver (La Passe-Miroir, #1)
  • La Mémoire de Babel (La Passe-Miroir, #3)
  • La Tempête des échos (La Passe-Miroir, #4)