Start by marking “Lay the Ghost (The Nightwatch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lay the Ghost (The Nightwatch, #4)

Lay the Ghost

(The Nightwatch #4)

Change is part of life, but so is death. And I’ve about had my fair share of it.
The shimmer man’s threats are coming to pass.

Question is, what the hell am I going to do about it?

A kick ass Urban Fantasy Adventure filled with fey, demons, vampires, gargoyles and golems.
Kindle Edition
Published February 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Lay the Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lay the Ghost

Start your review of Lay the Ghost (The Nightwatch, #4)
Debbie Cassidy
Jan 30, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Penny
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad this book is over….no, not for bad reasons, but for good reasons! I loved the way this book wrapped everything up, how Kat finally got her happy ending. There were a couple big surprises in this book that are great, and I was so happy to see Henri again. After the end of this book, I can see so many possibilities of spin-offs, and I can’t wait to see what the fertile mind of this wonderful author will come up with next. This was a fitting end to the series, even if I didn’t want it ...more
Missy Brown
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great ending to a series that is in my top faves. Of course I am a huge, huge Debbie fan. I really do not think that she can do a bad book. I have enjoyed very much each and every one of her series. She is truly one of the very best authors out there.

Lay the Ghost is exactly everything that I was expecting. Debbie knows how to do twists and turns, with reveals and plot changes, that leaves you feeling like you are book satisfied. Not to mention her characters are always interesting,
Debbie Eyre
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been an amazing kick ass Urban Fantasy Series that that I am very sorry has come to an end but what a fantastic finale this last book is! Finally all secrets are answered , all mysteries revealed , there’s a whole host of emotions and yes I was on the edge of my seat the whole read! It’s a fast paced read as Kat and the Shimmer man have their face down but oh what an adventure filled with fey, demons, vampires, gargoyles and golems , awesome characters with old faces and new , twists ...more
Brittany Smith
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic end to a thrilling series!

We are full on battle mode and Henri is back! Kat and her mismatched crew are preparing for battle against the Shimmer Man. Secret identities are released and the truth becomes clear as we read this final instalment.

Once again the characters prove that they can hold their own. They are a complete, fully functioning team yet they have their own quirky, individual personalities that make you love them on their own merit. The world building will blow your
Rebecca
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heather Gilbert
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, arc
The Shimmer Man is making his final play and it's devastating the paranormal, and normal, world. People are falling into unnatural slumbers, kept captive by illusions both fantastical and horrific.... and it's getting worse. Kat knew this was coming, she faced him before, and with the ghosts falling prey to their own monster, things are galvanizing into an epic showdown that looks like it is promising to be more of a meltdown than a victory.

This final installment brings closure to this part of
Andrea Green
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg - Loved this final book so much!

The shimmer man is making his move and the world is falling into slumber - the sickness is affecting everyone normal and paranormal, The team try everything to stay awake even a new drug which has a limited but not total effect.

Henri is back so what does that mean for Kat & Bres?? read the book to find out how that senario plays out - remembering that thus isnt a RH so its not at all how you would imagine.

Karishma - joins the team and has a bigger role
Vicki
The final book in the Nightwatch series wraps everything up just enough - there was quite the cast of side characters from the other books in the series and most were addressed, no matter how briefly. I was glad to see Henri again, and though I was a little disappointed with some of his stuff in the beginning, I really liked how it ended up. There was so much to wrap up action wise between the Shimmer Man and the other bad guys introduced there wasn't a lot of room left for romance but really ...more
Lene Blackthorn
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Epic finale of a great series.
The threat of the Shimmer man breaking out of his prison and turn the human realm into apocalypse is becoming very real. The sleeping curse is vastly spread, and resources to stop him are thinning by the hour. Desperate search for a solution is turning into fight for the whole world and millions of lives, and even Henri's return might not be enough. Yet, as secrets start to unravel, a spark of hope shines on the horizon, and the gods are entering the playground...
Naurarwen
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yay my boy is back, but damn if I didn't want to strangle him for disappearing on Kat when she needed him the most. Also I couldn't quite decide during this book is I was #TeamHenri or if I'd started to be swayed toward #TeamBres. Those two play off each other so well, they both want to protect Kat and to make her happy, also the testosterone levels are through the roof when it comes to those two!

There's also an appearance from a few other characters we know from another of Debbie's series and
Deissy
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its the end and the beginning

Im not sure how to sum this end series! Its the end and the beginning. Everything climax dramatically and the final showdown between Kat and the shimmer man meets its End! My emotions were all over the place. All the twists, all the secrets and all the history is reveal. Questions you might had are answered... and yet i cant help the disappointment i feel for my favorite character Henri. Everything made sense but i wish it didn’t! i was stubborn and wanted Henri and
Stacy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
LAY THE GHOST concluded The Nightwatch series.

I enjoyed this series and thought it ended in a good spot with events that made sense to the storyline and the characters.

I was a little worried about the romance aspect of the story going into LAY THE GHOST, but I didn't need to be. Everything happened in a way I was content with, with little drama.

We got all the answers to the questions we wanted to know since the beginning of the series and the major story arc had a great ending that kept me
Michalle
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad to see this series end but boy did it end with a big, action-packed bang. Kat and her team have to figure out how they were going to destroy the Shimmer man and save the world. The story took me through all the emotions and kept me coming back for more. I can’t recommend this book more. If you love feisty, snarky, kicka$$ female characters set in urban fantasy world, this book is definitely the one for you. There’s even some great romance with the hunky Bres.

I received an ARC of
Denise H
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it all!

What a fantastic finale to a great series; I am sad to see it come to an end. I know I say that about all of Cassidy’s books, but seriously, this author’s imagination always blows my mind. The worlds she creates and pulls me into are captivating and her characters are amazing and I love that they each have a strong voice, whether main or secondary, and always have their own strengths to add to the collective as well as relatable flaws that make them easy to form a connection with
Amorette D. Holmes
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well this was so good!! Everything wrapped up really well!! Loved having Indigo drop in!! It was a stellar ending to an excellent series! Can’t wait to see where She has in mind to go with this world as I know she doesn’t plan for it to end here. Just loved every minute of it, but she never disappoints! I still have questions but knowing that it doesn’t end here means they should get answered in future books. So I’m excited to see what happen next.
Nikki Hall
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a series although I'm sad that it's come to an end

Lay the ghost is the final book in the series and as with all the others once you start to read it you wont want to put down till the end, we start were the last book left off Henri is back The shimmer man is growing more powerful each day and Kat is still looking for Morpheus and Death.

This book is full of twists and turns love, anger, lol moments and tears a fantastic ending to a fantastic book
Amber
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing series and although I am sad to see that it's over, I thoroughly enjoyed every word in this book! Everything comes together and Kat is finally ready to face off with the big bad shimmer man! I am going to miss Kat and her rag tag team of crime fighters but I felt satisfied and happy at the end of the book. If you are looking for a good book to get lost in, just pick up anything Debbie Cassidy writes, she never disappoints.
Nancyghg
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series was jam packed with action! I enjoyed the storyline of the whole Nightwatch series and was sad to see it end. This book finally answers so many doubts and questions you have through the series. You also get so much more then you expect going in! And the ending...wow it was so good!! This is a fast paced book and I highly recommend reading the full series in order (I accidentally skipped one book and had to put one down and read the prior one). But this final book takes the cake!
Trinitysrain
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

So bittersweet to see such wonderful characters go, but this book was wonderful!
The author continues to outdo herself.
So many questions answered.
Loved what she did with Henri and how she connected him with Kat was touching. And Tris, dear Tris, love that dear girl. The way the story of the Shimmer man concluded was so well thought out makes this one of my favorite reads.
I do hope we will see these guys pop up again sometime soon or get an update on their lives.
I received this arc for an honest
Karen
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful conclusion to the series but also a sad day. There's suspense, excitement, surprises and twists and amazing characters who are beloved by the reader. On the upside, Debbie's marvelous mind will cook up another wonderful series to satisfy her readers. Great writing, great story and I loved it. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Mona  Brown
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book of the series, and while I am sad to see this series end, I am so happy that so many questions are answered.
From the very first sentence of the book to the very end, you will be hooked. Once you start reading be prepared to loose all track of time while you immerse yourself into this book. Another amazing story from Debbie Cassidy
Amanda Gibson
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It doesn’t get any better than this. Every moment you anticipated? Rethink it. Bigger. Better. Every thread you want tied up? Amazingly done. And yet-there’s enough intrigue for spinoffs, which I would LOVE! I can’t get enough of this story! These characters-they are amazing and exciting and the twists are perfect!
Sabrina
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So sad to see Kat's story end. I'd never imagine the turn that took but wow good job. The questions we had about Henri and his soul that was used was answered and Debbie did a great job with it. And the appearance of Indigo even though small was amazing!! Great read!!
Nina
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome! And an wonderful way to wrap up this series. All the characters come out to play in this wonderfully addictive world. I will be reading it again . . . . . . I'm just not ready to leave this world behind.
April
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

As always Cassidy has written another phenomenal series. I loved the world Kat and Indigo were in. This author has the most fantastic characters and plots that I have ever read. I can't wait to see what's next.
Noxwitchbooklife
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful end to this part of Indigo's story with some familiar characters from the Shadow Caster series making an appearance.

Gods and ghosts and multiple supernatural creatures made this an exciting and uniquely well written great read.
Book Addict
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy never disappoints and the conclusion of this exciting series is no different. This book wraps the story up satisfying...Kat has a lot to deal with in this book and it is full of intrigue, twists and turns and is fully action packed! Highly recommended read!
Teresa
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent fantasy read!

Death and Morpheus are missing and must be found to help Kat stop the Shimmer Man and save the world he is determined to destroy. Wonderful characters, with a great plot, lots of action, and an incredible world, I wish it wasn't done!
April Beck
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story with great characters. I really enjoyed reading this book and I did not want to put it down. This story has great action and suspense.

I received a review copy of this book and I am voluntarily giving an honest review

• Undone (Their Shifter Academy #3)
  • Unclaimed (Their Shifter Academy #2)
  • Unwanted (Their Shifter Academy #1)
  • Their Dark Imaginings (Academy of the Supernatural #3)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • His Dangerous Ways (Academy of the Supernatural #2)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Magic For Dummies (God Fire Reform School # 1)
  • The Avowed (Shadowed Wings, #2)
  • Their Shifter Academy (Their Shifter Academy # 0.5)
  • Her Kind of Magic (Academy of the Supernatural #1)
  • The Girl Who Cried Werewolf (Of Fates & Fables Book 1)
  • Vampire Born (Elite Academy, #2)
  • Widow
  • Never Ever (The Everly Davis Chronicles Book 1)
  • Ghost Revelations: A Why Choose Novel (Ghost Dud Book 1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
Debbie Cassidy lives in England, Bedfordshire, with her three kids and very supportive husband. Coffee and chocolate biscuits are her writing fuels of choice, and she is still working on getting that perfect tower of solitude built in her back garden. Obsessed with building new worlds and reading about them, she spends her spare time daydreaming and conversing with the characters in her head – in ...more

The Nightwatch (4 books)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (The Nightwatch #1)
  • Give up the Ghost (The Nightwatch #2)
  • Ghost at the Feast (The Nightwatch #3)