Start by marking “Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)

Avoiding Temptation

(A Bro Code Standalone)

Realized she was my best friend Finn's little sister second.

And got a bloody nose third — compliments of Finn after he watched me nearly score with the new underclassman.

After all I did have a reputation on campus, word on the street was that a girl could orgasm within one minute just watching me eat Lucky Charms.
You can't make this stuff up —
Published December 23rd 2019 by Van Dyken Enterprises INC

To ask other readers questions about Avoiding Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avoiding Temptation

Start your review of Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
Meghan Quinn
𝐀𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝!
𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨
𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐂𝐨𝐦 𝐅𝐮𝐧

𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑊𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝐼𝑛𝑐 — 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒.
#1click today!
Read for #FREE with KindleUnlimited
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2KV4jee
Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/AvoidingTemptation
Sandy S
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 23, 2019.

Realized she was my best friend Finn's little sister second.

You can't make this stuff up — even though it was at least four minutes and included outside
Marina Skinner
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation definitely lives up to its title!!!! And then some!
The sizzling chemistry between the characters was off the charts and the banter was so flipping good, I found myself laughing ALOT!!!!
This story was intriguing, steamy, emotional but also had some really beautiful words that really struck a chord with me.
Slater is the ultimate book boyfriend. He's incredibly charming, goes after what he wants and has a wicked sense of humour. He does struggle with self control especially
Clare
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The banter between them all I couldn't stop laughing out loud a few times (my kids gave me a funny look lol) and it was so awesome reading about a past character who I love and was so happy to read about, I loved this one and cannot wait to read Finn's I just know it will be another great read.
June
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation was EVERYTHING! Slater and Tatum tried their hardest to shove their feelings to the side and in the end there was no avoiding it. They were burning with chemistry, funny and straight up electrifying! This book has everything you are looking for, so dont hold back. Go buy this bad boy!
Krystal
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
My Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

Admittedly, I have had such a love/hate relationship with this series.

And while this one wasn't bad by any means, I just couldn't take these two seriously because of some major sexual happenings too early on. To be fair, they don't actually go all the way, but things happened that I feel would have been better off happening later in the story. Once we got to see them interact with each other more. And while yes, I can see where those moments would add to the guilt
Ann (Literary Lust)
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation is a definite must read. It is the third book in the Bro Code series written by Rachel Van Dyken and I have to admit it’s my favourite to date.

Slater is one of the ‘Pleasure Ponies’ that help and comfort ladies who are in need of some support whilst studying at the college they all attend. The rule is that they must not enter into any type of relationship with the ladies accessing their services and as you can imagine, dating a sister is a definite no go also.

I adore
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Avoiding Temptation by Rachel Van Dyken is book Three in A Bro Code standalone Series. This is the story of Slater and Tatum. I have read the previous books which did add to my enjoyment of this one but you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Slater makes a fatal mistake when he hits on Tatum who turns out to be his best friend Finn's sister. Of course he puts the breaks on doing anything more with her but Tatum has other thoughts. Tatum has just moved in she knows what she ...more
Meryl Markowitz
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And then there were two....Pleasure Ponies left at the college. Finn and Slater.
In this stand alone book, Finn's sister, Tatum, transfers to the school, moves into thier dorm suite and deciedes that Slater is going to be her choice of entertainment.
This book is, in many ways, a lot lighter and funnier than the previous books in the series. The antics that go on in in this book, had me laughing out loud (I was glad no one was home to see me). The chemistry is off the charts!
There are parts that
Robin
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bit of forbidden romance tied in with the classic humor found with the involvement of Wingmen inc. This next book in the Bro Code series will not disappoint in bringing all the fun and steamy scenes you are always hoping for. Slater and Tatum have clear chemistry right at the start. Finn of course has a different perspective of his sister Tatum. Getting the chance to read the thoughts going on Slater's head has some of my favorite parts. Not to mention the constant double meaning ...more
Jessica Alcazar
I LOVE THIS WORLD!!!

This.Frikkin.Story. It is everything you want to read in an emotional romantic comedy. It wasn’t slap-stick funny, but man did it have depth of humor. It was real! It wasn’t silly. It was relatable! It was just plain fun!

The chemistry between Slater and Tatum was beyond sparking, sexually and verbal! They sparred just as good between the sheets than out of them.

Another best couple of hours I’ve spent reading in a while story! I can’t wait to devour more!
Alexandra
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and release day blitz can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I have a feeling that Rachel van Dyken should write a college full of stories! She has a delightful way of combining emotion and humor all in a great package! I loved how Slater and Tatum tried to stay in the 'friend-zone'...and failed. I also appreciated how sensitive and caring Slater was; you have to love a guy who appreciates body products and your emotions.
Theresa Payne
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great laugh out loud book by the awesome Rachel. I absolutely love all these pleasure ponies. Slater is as always funny and just so loveable. Tatum's such a good match for him. Oh and let me just say when the rash hits you are gonna need a change of clothes. Loved this quick read.
Angie
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a quick and fabulous read. I had a hard time putting it down. Though I think it could have gone into Tatum and Slater’s feelings a bit more I still thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Can’t wait to read Finn’s!!
*I received an ARC for an honest review*
Michella
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slater and Tatum’s forbidden brother’s best friend storyline is a flirty, laugh out loud quick read. Loved the cameo and a great addition to this series.
An
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tatum is the sister of Slater's best friend, that's why they have to resist one another. The problem is they have already gotten a taste which makes it all the more difficult.

I liked how Tatum knew exactly what she wanted and went after it. Slater was a lot of fun to read, especially when he tried to avoid temptation.

This book is exactly what you would expect from the title and even more fun. I couldn't put it down.

*I received an arc and this is my honest opinion.
Heather andrews
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slater at times doesn't understand where his woman's mind is at, “I’m sporting a boner, and you’re fixated on my towel?” Slater is a bossy one, "I groaned. “You’re not leaving this house without wearing a bra.” I liked this book, I really loved Slater.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Avoiding Temptation is the third book in the Bro Code series by the ever-talented, Rachel Van Dyken. Each book can be read as standalone but I highly recommend reading the whole series since it’s all kids of sexy, sweet, and hilarious. The Pleasure Ponies were down to two. Two down and two to go...

Slater and Finn. Best friends. Roommates. The two Pleasure Ponies on campus. Two seniors who were not allowed to date. Client or not. It was a Wingmen rule. One they never had an issue with until she
Jeeves Reads Romance
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely not my favorite book by Rachel Van Dyken but by no means a bad read, this quick and sexy story features a feisty, troublemaking college student and her brother’s best friend. At novella length, this flies by and has plenty of great banter. There’s some angst given the forbidden nature of the relationship, but the overall feel of the story is light and fun. It faltered for me because of the focus on sex, starting with a kiss before names are exchanged and continuing with a complete WTF ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Avoiding Temptation by Rachel Van Dyken is the very definition of good time in romance. Slater and Tatum's unique chemistry made me laugh till my stomach hurt and also raised the heat quite a few notches. It was a superbly written sweet, sexy, funny and a bit of forbidden brother's best friend story.

Tatum is off limits to Slater. One: she is his partner aka best friend aka fellow Pleasure Pony Finn's sister. Second: he has a troubled past regarding his own sister. Third: Tatum is hiding a big
Books Laid Bare
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect standalone in the Bro Code Series, this the latest read from Rachel Van Dyken has me totally hooked to her work all over again.
Slater was just everything I thought he was going to be and that actually surprised me because he had a few foibles that had me scratching my head wondering …why? I liked the fact that he wasn’t afraid to admit that he fancied a little bit of what Leo had, something and someone for himself, a partner that he could settle down with, little did he realise that
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slater has found himself in quite the predicament... he has met his match, the woman of his dreams, and can't have her. She is forbidden on so many levels! As a member of the team at Wingman Inc. he signed an agreement that he would not date or become involved with anyone. It's a company that helps women find their happy again after heartbreak, and Slater is quite good at what he does...the women on campus that he has helped sing his praises all the time.

But there is one woman in particular
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation is a brother’s best friend romance packed full of explosive chemistry, swoon worthy moments and a few emotional ones.

Tatum and Slater had INSTANT chemistry and it only grew from there. I loved their first interaction and Finn’s reaction to catching them. The banter, the chemistry, everything about these two was great from the start. I fell in love with both these characters.

Slater has a side to him I didn’t even know. He has experienced loss, pain and heartache. He is so
Susan
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation was everything! I love Slater so much.
This book is a Bro Code Novel, part of Wingman Inc series, but it can be read as a standalone. Slater is my favorite. We first met him in Co-Ed when he was mistakenly paied with a female roommate. We learned during that novel how awful some people can be when Slater told the story about his sister killing herself. It's been awhile since I read Co-ed so I'd forgotten what happened. We learn more about how awful High School was for Slater,
Chelsea Hockenberry ~ Author Groupies
Avoiding Temptation by Rachel Van Dyken
Reviewer: Chelsea
Rating: 4 stars!!

One more Pleasure Pony find love in the third book in this series!! I was so excited that this was Slaters book! I have loved him since book one and wanted to get in his head since then!!

This book starts with a punch, literally and ends with a gunshot, it kept me on my toes and I loved the ride! Slater meets Finns sister in an unconventional way that ends up with him getting punched in the face by one of his best friends.
Jenn Amy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avoiding Temptation is the 3rd book in the Bro Code Series. We first met Slater in Co-Ed and I was intrigued by his character and his story when I read it a year ago and was excited to get into his book and boy does it start off with a bang! The moment Slater meets Tatum the sexual chemistry is immediate and intense! Slater soon finds out Tatum is Finn’s sister so she is immediately forbidden and he has to avoid temptation at all costs otherwise risk loosing a friendship with his best friend.

Michelle
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love Slater and I am so glad he got his story. He may be afraid of hair and love moisturizer but he is a good guy too! Now that Leo is off living his life with Kora, that leaves only him and Finn to hold down the campus Wingman services. But Slater is beginning to think that he also wants to settle down. He just didn’t realize he would fall for his best friends sister. Slater did everything to try to stay away from Tatum; but she didn’t make it easy. Tatum is a new transfer and shares the ...more
Heather
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

RVD books are always addicting for me, but this one I really didn't want to put down! If I hadn't needed sleep last night, I would have read it in one sitting.

Slater is one of the two remaining single Pleasure Ponies and he's also Finn's best friend. They live together in the dorm and didn't realize it, but they were getting a new roommate who just happens to be Finn's little sister, Tatum.

Tatum has transferred
Jackie Wright
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic quick entertaining read, Avoiding Temptation is one of those books you pick up, you can’t put don’t and you don’t want it to end !!!
This is the third book in the Bro Code Series, each can be read as stand-alone’s but I’m sure once you pick one up you will want to read the rest of the series centred around the guys who form Wingmen and this is Slater and Tatum’s story. This is a book with all the feels and it certainly ticked all my boxes, I laughed a lot from the witty banter, I
Bibliophile  Chloe
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my me! Slater's story is fantastically funny and hella hot! There are some secrets and twists that make the story just that much better.

Slater and Tatum have a shared past that comes roaring to life when they attend the same school. The chemistry between them is hotter than Satan's mixtape! Their physical moments are the stuff of legend! The way that they try to keep their relationship a secret is hilariously funny and hopelessly futile!

As always this series has the best dialogue between all
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Fashion Jungle
  • The Lineup
  • Enemies
  • Best Man
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Release
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Focused
  • Someday, Someday
  • Always Mine (Liam & Madelyn, #1; Roommate Duet, #5)
  • The Virgin Gift
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Almost Perfect
  • Something About a Hot Guy
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

A Bro Code Standalone (4 books)
  • Co-Ed (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)