Start by marking “Christmas in the City” as Want to Read:
Christmas in the City

Christmas in the City

Twelve bestselling authors have come together to brighten your holiday with six ALL NEW co-written novels. Travel through six cities and fall in love with these enchanting love stories.

L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting
Just The Tip
It’s not every day you meet a stranger who knows how to jingle your bells…

Corinne Michaels & Melanie Harlow
Baby it’s Cold Outside
My
Published November 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in the City

Start your review of Christmas in the City
Wendy
Epic by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

Damn I love WESMIE !!!!

4 stars because I could have done with a sexy scene :P

Nicola
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Epic - Sarina Bowen/Elle Kennedy ~ 2 stars
Grabbed this antho largely for this collab because love me a bit of Wesmie (and Blake). Wasn’t festive or particularly memorable and if I’d not not read it I don’t feel I’d have really missed out on anything. I know, I know, bah humbug.

Songbird - Penny Reid/L.H Cosway ~ 3 stars
At 3 chapters it was all very insta but it was festive and romantic and I could have happily read more from Ophelia and Broderick.

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Fans of Him & Us, there is a #Wesmie short in this book AND this book is currently F.R.E.E.

Clickity click

EPIC by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy

This is the definition of heartwarming . True, I am a sucker for #Wesmie all day every day, but still.

Every time I read about them it feels like catching up with old friends and it's not just #Wesmie but this whole WAGs universe these authors have created. It wouldn't be a #Wesmie story without Blakey being Blakey, ammiright?

Hollis
I've only read EPIC so far (because Wesmie, obvs) so I won't rate this just yet buuuut it was adorable and I loved it and all the feels. Probably a four?

Hope to chip away at the other stories soon but this was a perfect little Friday treat.
Moony Eliver
I'm calling this read because, hello, I read the Wesmie story and that's the only reason I downloaded it. ...more
Sahitya
I only read the last short story in this collection - EPIC by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy - because it’s about my favorite fictional couple ever #WESMIE

It’s absolutely adorable and sweet and the love Wes and Jamie have for each other makes me so happy. I won’t say why but the hockey match was thoroughly delightful. And it was very refreshing to see Jaime be so confident and sure about what he wanted. And it’s obvious that Wes will do anything for him

I don’t celebrate thanksgiving but this
FMABookReviews
I loved it! But I want MOOORRRE!!
Ari
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Update: I went back to read The Christmas Crown after I saw that it was co-written by my two queens, Sierra Simone and Kennedy Ryan. I have a few quick remarks, so here goes:

description

I wanna know who thought it was a good idea for Simone and Ryan to write a novella together because let me tell y'all, MY OVARIES WERE NOT PREPARED FOR ALL THAT STEAM!

Number two, bless whoever's idea it was for these two queens to collab because yo girl don't even like insta-love but I was definitely living for Lani and
Snjez
Dec 02, 2019 added it
5 stars for EPIC. That's the only story I read and I don't plan to read anything else.

I absolutely loved it. Loved reading about Wes and Jamie again. I was so happy about certain little thing that happened here, something I kind of missed in Book 2. This story was the best Christmas bookish present. Now I want to re-read Him and Us for the umpteenth time.

Since there will be an ebook edition of this story, I'll leave my rating there when it comes out.
Norah Una Sumner
Currently FREE on Amazon.

Even though two of these short stories were (yes, I know I'm biased when it comes to Wes and Jamie ok? Leave me be) 5/5 some others were... really not even close. So overall, according to my calculator because I'm a language student and can't do math, the rating is 3 stars.

1. Just The Tip (Helena Hunting & L.J. Shen):

... literally how horny do you have to be to get aroused by a random ass stranger touching your arm...

2. Baby it’s Cold Outside (Corinne Michaels
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: L.J. Shen, Helena Hunting, Corinne Michaels, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward
4 Happy Happy Stars
* * * * Limited Time FREE!!!!
The Only Question I Have is Why Wouldn't You Click Click this Anthology...
I mean this is the list of participants:

L.J. Shen, Helena Hunting, Corinne Michaels, Melanie Harlow, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward, Sierra Simone, Kennedy Ryan, Penny Reid, L.H. Cosway, Sarina Bowen,
Elle Kennedy...

All of these talented unique authors gifting us for the holidays...
Run, Don't Walk and Click Click away...

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Bev
This freebie anthology has a #Wesmie story called Epic from Sarina and Elle. It's not a Christmas story, but who cares??

Great catching up with the two of them, Blake & Jess, the Toronto team and Bill Braddock of course.
David Alexander
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bowen-kennedy
My rating only includes the story from Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy as EPIC was the only story I have read.
Ami
Nov 30, 2019 added it
On 30 November 2019, this collection is free on Amazon... And I read this ONLY FOR SARINA BOWEN AND ELLE KENNEDY's "EPIC" the short story of Jamie and Wes from Him and Us series. Thus no rating for the whole book

4.25 STARS FOR EPIC

I loved that the authors return to Jamie and Wes even for a short while. Jamie loving his job as Associate Coach -- one thing I adore about this young man, he KNOWS what he wants, Jamie is a great athlete but he prefers to coach others -- and aiming for a promotion as
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WESMIE does it again! This short story of them was simply epic. Heart warming, funny, with plenty of Blakey and long enough to read more like a novella than a short story.
Waleska 'Wally'
Team #Wesmie Forever ~ Review of EPIC

EPIC is the perfect word for this exciting glimpse , into what have been going on , with the lives of Jamie Canning and Ryan Wesley since we last saw them , in their books HIM/US.

Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen stayed true and faithful to the characters they created and gave us , in Epic a fun, entertaining, sweet and sexy story.

Team #WESMIE Forever .

Disclosure: I did not read the other stories. My rating and review only express my feelings for Epic.
Coco.V
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/29/2019)! ...more
Nadja
Currently FREE on Amazon.

I didn't expect this collection to be so.. steamy! I felt like a prude while reading this. LOL
Unfortunately somehow very generic all these stories. Ultimate attraction, sexy times very fast, and ultimately love after first sight ehm sex. :D (okay in hindsight only for stories 1-4 :D)

Just The Tip by L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting
Too many coincidences for my taste. And yes let's make a proposal after a couple of hours (of sex). Very realistic. [1 stars]

Baby it’s Cold
Lauren Luman
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read The Christmas Crown from Kennedy Ryan and Sierra Simone. These 2 authors are a collaboration made in heaven. Together they are sophisticated smut.

After reading the All The King's Men duet by Ryan, readers (including myself) we're begging for a story for Brock Grimsby, aka Grim. He's definitely the strong silent type. And I always knew it would take a queen to bring him to his knees. In this case, literally a queen.

Enter Noelani, the queen of Manaroa. A widow and single mother, Lani (for
SaBine
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so these 5 stars are exclusively for the last book: EPIC by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. Finally one more story with Wesmie . So entertaining and sweet. But much, much too short . It had nothing to do with christmas (or did I miss something in my euphoria?), but who cares!

I stopped reading MF- books nearly two years ago with the exceptional book by Sarina Bowen. But now I thought: why don't give it a try and start reading the other stories, too. But after the first two stories I had to
Luke
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I only read Epic by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy: I loved it. I love Wes and Jamie. A nice short story that I wish was a little bit longer: more hot scenes maybe? Lol

Right now, my rating only takes Epic into account, BUT I will check out the other stories.
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
For anyone who has read The Kingmaker and The Rebel King by Kennedy Ryan there is a story in this anthology pertaining to those books. The Christmas Crown by Kennedy Ryan and Sierra Simone is Grim's story!

The Christmas Crown is the only story that I have read in this anthology (so far). I was so excited to read Grim's story. This is obviously meant for fans of the duet. Because the story takes place after The Rebel King (and Lennix and Maxim do make an appearance). There was one part that could
b.andherbooks
Well that's embarrassing. I totally reviewed the wrong holiday novellas for this anthology. I've now fixed this, sorry all!

In this collection I read the Sierra Simone and Kennedy Ryan's collaboration and holy hell that is FIRE. I suggest reading it after you've read The Kingmaker duology by Kennedy Ryan, but it certainly isn't necessary if you don't mind mild spoilers.

This story focuses on the recently widowed Queen of an African country who is reluctantly wearing the crown after the death of
I'm only planning on reading two of these shorts since the other ones are written by authors that aren't for me.

Baby, it's cold outside (Melanie Harlow)- 2 stars. Funny, but too short for me to be invested.

"Yeah. So. I'm a matchmaker....I hate the term and really wish we could come up with something a little less chessy. Like, Destinymaker or Couple Counselor. I don't know, I'm still mulling it over, but the point is that I cut through the crap and find what people want in a partner."
"I think
Tina
Dec 08, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: free, series, home, kindle
It's time to get that Christmas feeling;)

Just The Tip by L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting

EPIC by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
Ri
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Merry early Christmas to me

What a wonderful and unexpected gift this collection turned out to be. Some of my favorite authors collaborated and wrote perfect stories. I loved that some were already known for collaborating together and others I would never have expected to write together. All were seamlessly done and I had no idea who wrote what.

My only complaint was that I wanted all of these stories to be full books. I was impressed with how much story was packed into each novella.
Trekkie Leigh
Epic is EPIC

I love Wesmie that doesn't come as a shock to those who know me. I'm just so stoked to have a small tidbit of them again. And in audio too my heart is so full of love.
I'll get to the rest of the stories later
Amanda
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
Merry Christmas indeed!

Free Christmas shorts from my favorite authors? Yes please! I was so excited to see this surprise Christmas anthology! Such a happy surprise! I loved the stories!
Karen Hoffman
Enjoyed

Always love when authors do a co write anthology. My favorite was Epic as I have read/listened to the other stories in the series.
Kaye
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun set of Christmas shorts

• Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Blindsided
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Outmatched
  • #Fate (GearShark, #6)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Engulfing Emma (Men on Fire #3)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up http://goo.gl/FwfMzr