Start by marking “Christmas in the City” as Want to Read:
Christmas in the City

Christmas in the City

(Imperfect Match #1.5)

Twelve bestselling authors have come together to brighten your holiday with six ALL NEW co-written novels. Travel through six cities and fall in love with these enchanting love stories.

L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting
Just The Tip
It’s not every day you meet a stranger who knows how to jingle your bells…

Corinne Michaels & Melanie Harlow

Damn I love WESMIE !!!!

4 stars because I could have done with a sexy scene :P

Gabby
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I only read this for Jamie and Wes, one of my biggest OTP’s ever. This collection was okay, I only enjoyed three out of the six stories, but JAMIE AND WES ARE EVERYTHING AJDHDJSJAJA. When I found out there was going to be a short story featuring them I flipped OUT. I adore them so much and their short story was so cute. I feel like I’m short romance stories it’s hard to enjoy it unless the couple has been pre established, otherwise it feels too insta love for me. Here are some notes I wrote on t ...more
Christy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it

I read 4 of the 6 novellas. The Michaels/Harlow and Bowen/Kennedy were great for me. The other two were just two short and I wasn't as invested. Overall, still a nice Christmas freebie from some romance authors I love!

Baby it's Cold Outside by Corrine Michaels & Melanie Harlow- 4 stars

Kissmas in New York by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward- 3 stars

Songbird by Penny Reid & LH Cosway- 3 stars

Epic by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy- 4 stars
Sophia Triad
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
FREE ON AMAZON.

I read The Christmas Crown by Sierra Simone & Kennedy Ryan and it was pretty good.

“You’re a treasure, and above my pay grade.”
“A treasure is useless if it’s never found. Or never claimed.”

Apparently an expanded novella will be released in 2020 based on this short story.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Fans of Him & Us, there is a #Wesmie short in this book AND this book is currently F.R.E.E.

Clickity click

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

EPIC by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
✬✬✬✬

This is the definition of heartwarming . True, I am a sucker for #Wesmie all day every day, but still.

Every time I read about them it feels like catching up with old friends and it's not just #Wesmie but this whole WAGs universe these authors have created. It wouldn't be a #Wesmie sto
Karla
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars**

Epic by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy

Wes and Jamie so sweet and sexy! Need a re read soon! ❤️
Nicola
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Epic - Sarina Bowen/Elle Kennedy ~ 2 stars
Grabbed this antho largely for this collab because love me a bit of Wesmie (and Blake). Wasn’t festive or particularly memorable and if I’d not not read it I don’t feel I’d have really missed out on anything. I know, I know, bah humbug.

Songbird - Penny Reid/L.H Cosway ~ 3 stars
At 3 chapters it was all very insta but it was festive and romantic and I could have happily read more from Ophelia and Broderick.

Bev
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, sports
This was only ever about Wesmie. Love these two 💖💖
Beatrice Masaluñga
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
In the Philippines, we skip the spooky season and jump right into Christmas season. It's always fun to read Christmas themed stories and this one is right up on my ally. Most of the stories are meet cute / insta-love but I don't care right now because they're all feel good stories.

Just the Tip - L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting - 4 stars
>> This is super adorable! Not a huge fan of insta-love but I can't help the cuteness. The heroine is spunky and candid. She made me smile. I wish these two author
Snjez
Dec 02, 2019 added it
Shelves: holiday-reads
5 stars for EPIC. That's the only story I read and I don't plan to read anything else.

I absolutely loved it. Loved reading about Wes and Jamie again. I was so happy about certain little thing that happened here, something I kind of missed in Book 2. This story was the best Christmas bookish present. Now I want to re-read Him and Us for the umpteenth time.

Since there will be an ebook edition of this story, I'll leave my rating there when it comes out.
Hollis
I've only read EPIC so far (because Wesmie, obvs) so I won't rate this just yet buuuut it was adorable and I loved it and all the feels. Probably a four?

Hope to chip away at the other stories soon but this was a perfect little Friday treat.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Just the Tip by Helena Hunting & L.J. Shen

Heat=4/5 - This was a funny little romcom pairing together seeming opposites who were absolutely made for each other. Hunting and Shen created a delightful couple who shared a love for The Cure, historical facts, and sizzling hot chemistry.

Baby It's Cold Outside by Corinne Michaels & Melanie Harlow

Heat=3.5/5 - Harlow has just had her heart broken and she just wants to get through the holidays. If she could only get the dang tree through the door. When a
Nina

5. Songbird by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway - 4 ⭐️
6. Epic by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - 4 ⭐️

instagram || my blog || twitter
Sahitya
I only read the last short story in this collection - EPIC by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy - because it’s about my favorite fictional couple ever #WESMIE ❤️❤️

It’s absolutely adorable and sweet and the love Wes and Jamie have for each other makes me so happy. I won’t say why but the hockey match was thoroughly delightful. And it was very refreshing to see Jaime be so confident and sure about what he wanted. And it’s obvious that Wes will do anything for him 😍😍

I don’t celebrate thanksgiving but t
Stacey is Sassy
Christmas in all its cheesiness...

Christmas in the City left me mostly satisfied and definitely wanting more. I just felt that each story was a little too unfinished. Yes, I know they're short stories/novellas but there was no way I was convinced in their HEA's or even their happy for now's. They are written by some very good writers so I was entertained, I just felt that they were a little too little.

Still, 4 stars because I was mostly satisfied.
Norah Una Sumner
Currently FREE on Amazon.

Even though two of these short stories were (yes, I know I'm biased when it comes to Wes and Jamie ok? Leave me be) 5/5 some others were... really not even close. So overall, according to my calculator because I'm a language student and can't do math, the rating is 3 stars.

1. Just The Tip (Helena Hunting & L.J. Shen): ♥️

... literally how horny do you have to be to get aroused by a random ass stranger touching your arm...

2. Baby it’s Cold Outside (Corinne Mi
Arena♡
✧ 2.5 stars ✧

i read 2 out of the 6 novellas.

Songbird by Penny Reid & LH Cosway → 5 stars worthy starting but it did not have an HEA. if anything, it was like a prologue. i really wish the authors decide to continue the story since it was beautiful.

Just The Tip by L.J. Shen & Helena Hunting → weird af. the sex and foreplay had me scrunching my face, it was weird to say the least.
Ari
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Update: I went back to read The Christmas Crown after I saw that it was co-written by my two queens, Sierra Simone and Kennedy Ryan. I have a few quick remarks, so here goes:

description

I wanna know who thought it was a good idea for Simone and Ryan to write a novella together because let me tell y'all, MY OVARIES WERE NOT PREPARED FOR ALL THAT STEAM!

Number two, bless whoever's idea it was for these two queens to collab because yo girl don't even like insta-love but I was definitely living for Lani and Grim
Moony Eliver
I'm calling this read because, hello, I read the Wesmie story and that's the only reason I downloaded it. 😁 ...more
FMABookReviews
I loved it! But I want MOOORRRE!!
Sophie Elaina
Y'all know I only decided to read this for the Wesmie...

RATINGS:

Songbird by Penny Reid & LH Cosway - ⭐️⭐️

Epic by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Annery
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Does reading only one story in an anthology count as reading a book? I'm going with yes. All these other stories are surely fine but I know nothing about them, I came for EPIC the Wesmie story a.k.a the Jamie & Wes from Him and Us. It's a nice piece of fluff visiting with a favorite couple, moving them a bit into the future, and it made me smile. A win.

***If you're curious, going by the cover, the Wesmie story really has zip to do with Christmas. I didn't care.***
Cyndi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent collection of Christmas stories. Some are part of an ongoing series and others are stand- alones. they truly bring out the Christmas spirit.
W.
Team #Wesmie Forever ~ Review of EPIC

EPIC is the perfect word for this exciting glimpse , into what have been going on , with the lives of Jamie Canning and Ryan Wesley since we last saw them , in their books HIM/US.

Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen stayed true and faithful to the characters they created and gave us , in Epic a fun, entertaining, sweet and sexy story.

Team #WESMIE Forever .

Disclosure: I did not read the other stories. My rating and review only express my feelings for Epic.
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: L.J. Shen, Helena Hunting, Corinne Michaels, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward
4 Happy Happy Stars
* * * * Limited Time FREE!!!!
The Only Question I Have is Why Wouldn't You Click Click this Anthology...
I mean this is the list of participants:

L.J. Shen, Helena Hunting, Corinne Michaels, Melanie Harlow, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward, Sierra Simone, Kennedy Ryan, Penny Reid, L.H. Cosway, Sarina Bowen,
Elle Kennedy...

All of these talented unique authors gifting us for the holidays...
Run, Don't Walk and Click Click away...

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Hilda
I enjoyed the stories very much. That being said I struggled because they are short stories and I hate short stories so much. I feel like they are all rushed and don’t have enough plot. Everything happens so quickly. I need to remember this next time I pick one up. Still, these stories were super cute and I wish were all expanded into full books.

Just the tip - Helena Hunting & LJ Shen: 5 Stars
Baby it's cold outside - Melanie Harlow & Corinne Michaels: 5 Stars
Kissmiss in New York - Penelope Ward
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Penny Reid's Instagram informed me that this is currently free . . . .

V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤
Free Christmas stories! What a wonderful present while putting up my Christmas tree 🎄
Mariam Mohsen
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This anthology contained authors whom I read some of there books and really enjoyed them and authors who are so popular and I wanted to read some of there works.
This book was amazing, every single story was awesome and sweet, which left me wanting more.
Really loved it and definitely my journey through the whole book was so fun and enjoyable

• All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Engulfing Emma (Men on Fire #3)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Hot for the Holidays: Thirteen Naughty & Nice Novellas
  • Hate Crush
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Holiday Ever After
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up ➜ http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook➜

Imperfect Match (1 books)
  • Imperfect Match